Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing (8820 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by paxonel(m): 6:52am On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Which one is lap length? The skirt almost reaches her knees
And why are you lying about the handless (sleeveless actually) dress? I see many people wearing sleeveless in church. 90% of bridesmaids dresses are sleeveless.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6944807_mbanefonkiruangel_jpeg3449cceaa824cd36aefedd48c400f0e0

God bless you for this observation!

Bridesmaids put on sleeveless during marriages, no one is sending them parking. But a little girl who seems not to be celebrated put on sleeveless to church and you send her home saying her dressing is immodest.

What the f**k
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 7:48am On Apr 10, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SAY THAT TO YOUR HOMOSEXUAL, PEDOPHILE BISHOPS IN THE VATICAN.
if you know any pedophile or homosexual in the Vatican you can help me remind him...card Arinze is the only person I know there and last I checked he was neither of those things.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2018
paxonel:
My own is,
Catholic tradition is wrong for sending that girl home, her dressing was not bad.

Catholics keep maintaining old traditions and beliefs that drives a lot of people into pentecostalism, yet they are the first to condemn the wrongs of pentecostals forgeting that they caused it in the first place.

Look at how they imprisoned Gallelio to death for saying the truth that the earth was spherical.
They did it out of traditional beliefs, not Christ.

All I'm saying is, too much tradition is bad
I don't think she was sent home, she was asked to get a jacket or a scarf to cover up with and she decided to gegely go home.

I have been in the east severally, I remember the last time I saw this happen, the lady was on the line for communion when the usher called her aside and asked her to get a scarf to cover up with, she simply went to her seat to see who had an extra scarf, then she went back to join the communion line.

the lady in question didn't want to stress herself.

lastly and more importantly modesty is a Christian practice not a traditional belief unless you understand that the tradition of the Church is Christian tradition. asking people to dress well in a religious setting is an excellent and laudable thing and you tagging it "traditional" is simply an attempt to give it a bad name so you can condemn it.

Galileo was kept under arrest in his mansion for teaching that the Bible must be reinterpreted to favour every new hypothesis that haven't even been accepted by the scientific community, he was a Christian scientist who mistakenly ended up teaching theology and his theology was suspected of heresy
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 8:15am On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Which one is lap length? The skirt almost reaches her knees
And why are you lying about the handless (sleeveless actually) dress? I see many people wearing sleeveless in church. 90% of bridesmaids dresses are sleeveless.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6944807_mbanefonkiruangel_jpeg3449cceaa824cd36aefedd48c400f0e0

I didn't speak in particular about her dress.

her issue was the net without hands, she can't raise her hands in that outfit
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 8:21am On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Lies!

Stop defending a patriarchal system. Men wear shorts to church. Women can't try that.

And culture should not shape religion. I thought there was objective morality? Why is morality dictated by borders all of a sudden? Oga, the simple fact is that we are backwards in Nigeria
actually modesty has something to do with clothing and clothes are a function of culture... that is why the issue is related to culture.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I would say Women dress provocatively for their fellow women
1st man I have seen that believes this.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2018
double post
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

1st man I have seen that believes this.

You agree with my assertion?

I noticed women dress to make other women jealous

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I didn't speak in particular about her dress.

her issue was the net without hands, she can't raise her hands in that outfit

LIES! Lies from the pits of hell!

If she raises her hands, what then? Would you see her breasts? No.

You are just making things up.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You agree with my assertion?

I noticed women dress to make other women jealous

yes. but not necessarily to make others jealous. it more about acceptance, to be accepted by your peers especially when you are young.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 9:41am On Apr 10, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

yes. but not necessarily to make others jealous. it more about acceptance, to be accepted by your peers especially when you are young.

That's fair enough
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 9:42am On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:
actually modesty has something to do with clothing and clothes are a function of culture... that is why the issue is related to culture.

I thought objective morality was clear? Why bringing in the confusion of different cultures? Do you follow a religious morality or a cultural one?
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:
Penchant.!!!!!
Lol...this gbagaun is funny and ironic coming from a woman who loves correcting others grammar.

Anyhow, dressing is subjective. What is indecent in Nigeria is decent in America.

Consistently, it has always been hyper-religious hypocrites that always want to limit what women can wear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAIUECTOcEM
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Tozara(m): 10:09am On Apr 10, 2018
Rubbish. Define "decency". They're all ideas humans invented that change with time, as newer generations of women come onboard.

Women dress "provocatively" because that's the trend in this day and age, and are just trying to go with the flow, to fit in with their peers, or as a way of competing with other women, fashion-wise.

In fact, some might decide to dress that way because it gives them a feeling of freedom and they love it that way.

Others yet might do it to get men's attention.

None of these has anything to do with decency or morality, as dressing is all about culture which is flexible and subject to evolution.

We should be more concerned about the decency and morality of some fücked up humans whose problems are in the mind, and has nothing to do with their dressing, and are the real problems society should be worried about.

Those with misplaced priorities like the OP also need some flogging.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:09am On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:

Galileo was kept under arrest in his mansion for teaching that the Bible must be reinterpreted to favour every new hypothesis that haven't even been accepted by the scientific community, he was a Christian scientist who mistakenly ended up teaching theology and his theology was suspected of heresy

LIES. You can sell you own brother for the catholic church.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:12am On Apr 10, 2018
pressplay411:

Dressing is subjective? Is not dressing subjective too?
The way people justify wrongs with pdeudo-intelligent one-liners because it sounds "cool".

Dressing is not subjective. Bad dressing has been getting black Americans killed by cops everyday so pls stop with that BS. And as much as we want to blame the cops we can't deny most blacks do dress like criminals and gang-bangers either out of ignorance or entertainment influence.

Decent dressing goes a long way. It automatically increases sense of worth, confidence and opens you to opportunities.
Like poles repel but in dressing, they attract. Indecently dressed ladies attract indecent guys with indecent intentions. Decently dressed ladies attract respectful guys with noble intentions. It's the simple truth.

Over-exposure is just a cry for attention and usually a self esteem issue. You feel unattractive unless a part of your body can draw attention. But unfortunately you draw the kind of attention you don't want from rapists, ritualistic, no do-gooders and when it happens you blame the guys for lack of self control but don't want to take any blame in the name of freedom of expression, really?? You only got the apt response to your expression cos then others also have freedom of response.

Dear Nubian Queen, Glory personified.
Your hidden beauties should be treasures only deserving men should dig to find. I hope you realise this.

What you wrote in bold is ridiculous. I dont even know where to start.

The simple fact is that the woman that started all this was dressed decently but some self-righteous hypocrites just wanted to shame her.

"decent dressing" is subjective.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Tozara(m): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:
Penchant.!!!!!
Lol...this gbagaun is funny and ironic coming from a woman who loves correcting others grammar.

Anyhow, dressing is subjective. What is indecent in Nigeria is decent in America.

Consistently, it has always been hyper-religious hypocrites that always want to limit what women can wear.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:17am On Apr 10, 2018
Tozara:
Rubbish. Define "decency". They're all ideas humans invented that change with time, as newer generations of women come onboard.

Women dress "provocatively" because that's the trend in this day and age, and are just trying to go with the flow, to fit in with their peers, or as a way of competing with other women, fashion-wise.

In fact, some might decide to dress that way because it gives them a feeling of freedom and they love it that way.

Others yet might do it to get men's attention.

None of this has anything to do with decency or morality, as dressing is all about culture which is flexible and subject to evolution.

We should be more concerned about the decency and morality of some fücked up humans whose problems are in the mind, and has nothing to do with their dressing, and are the real problems society should be worried about.

Those with misplaced priorities like the OP also need some flogging.

You are wasting your time. As someone that used to be a fan of the op's (ishilove) writings, I came to realise that she shares has this hyper-religious, self-righteous belief that she never questions. She can judge others but never judge her beliefs.

You can imagine that this is the woman (pictured below) that the op is claiming is indecent;

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:18am On Apr 10, 2018
paxonel:
God bless you for this observation!

Bridesmaids put on sleeveless during marriages, no one is sending them parking. But a little girl who seems not to be celebrated put on sleeveless to church and you send her home saying her dressing is immodest.

What the f**k

don't mind the religious hypocrites

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Tozara(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

What you wrote in bold is ridiculous. I dont even know where to start.

The simple fact is that the woman that started all this was dressed decently but some self-righteous hypocrites just wanted to shame her.

"decent dressing" is subjective.
Some people have time to be arguing with retàrds. grin The lice in that one's sperm have replaced every cell in his brain. And just so you know, there's no longer any space in his head for anything worthwhile to enter.

Dogmatic and morally rigid people are among our problems.

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:23am On Apr 10, 2018
Tozara:
Some people have time to be arguing with retàrds. grin The lice in that one's sperm have replaced every cell in his brain. And just so you know, there's no longer any space in his head for anything worthwhile to enter.

Dogmatic and morally rigid people are among our problems.

I know. But its painful seeing how they just want to embarrass an innocent woman over their irrational beliefs
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Tozara(m): 10:23am On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

You are wasting your time. As someone that used to be a fan of the op's (ishilove) writings, I came to realise that she shares has this hyper-religious, self-righteous belief that she never questions. She can judge others but never judge her beliefs.

You can imagine that this is the woman (pictured below) that the op is claiming is indecent;

I've always known Ishilove to be a fücking hypocrite.

Even she is very much aware of her irritating hypocrisy and self-righteousness, which is why you will never see her denying it. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2018
Tozara:
I've always known Ishilove to be a fücking hypocrite.

Even she is very much aware of her irritating hypocrisy and self-righteousness, which is why you will never see her denying it. cheesy

grin

The damn truth!
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 10:59am On Apr 10, 2018
Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has got them, including the two above me spewing the same filth that comes out of their unwashed and crusty anus'

The lady on the picture dressed provocatively to church and she was rightly turned back. One is even saying they are 'going with the flow, ignoring the scriptural exhortation that friendship with the world is enmity with God.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
Some people are consoling themselves that Ishilove is 'pained' that's why she is reporting. They don't know that the only reason why I didn't give them a brief history of their lives and lineage is because I'm avoiding a ban. Reporting and getting trolls banned is very satisfying grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Primesky(m): 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
It is not just about what suits you, it's about what God wants. And if you say it doesn't matter what you wear, then that's wrong and you're not telling the yourself the truth, because the state of the heart must reflect on the outside. It is not man who will decide what is OK or not because at the end of the day, it is God who will decide what's acceptable to Him.

But frankly speaking, will you as a human being be bold enough to stand with your so called dress the way it is before God?. Will you be so bold to do that before a holy God?

The truth we don't tell ourselves now, we will voluntarily tell it before God on the final day. But it will be too late then.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:
Some people are consoling themselves that Ishilove is 'pained' that's why she is reporting. They don't know that the only reason why I didn't give them a brief history of their lives and lineage is because I'm avoiding a ban. Reporting and getting trolls banned is very satisfying grin grin

Ishilove do you have this same feeling that mumuhumanist aka supermumuhumanist is also the same as that mega childish troll call mega jumbo dumbo jackbizzle?
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

I wasn't banned.

But tozara was right. This thread stinks of hypocrisy.

Am out.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / COZA: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Full Biography, Early Life, Age, Family, Net Worth / Read This If U Are A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.