Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing (8436 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

I wasn't banned.

But tozara was right. This thread stinks of hypocrisy.

Am out.

You stink of hypocrisy dude. Waka abeg
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by paxonel(m): 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I don't think she was sent home, she was asked to get a jacket or a scarf to cover up with and she decided to gegely go home.

I have been in the east severally, I remember the last time I saw this happen, the lady was on the line for communion when the usher called her aside and asked her to get a scarf to cover up with, she simply went to her seat to see who had an extra scarf, then she went back to join the communion line.

the lady in question didn't want to stress herself.

lastly and more importantly modesty is a Christian practice not a traditional belief unless you understand that the tradition of the Church is Christian tradition. asking people to dress well in a religious setting is an excellent and laudable thing and you tagging it "traditional" is simply an attempt to give it a bad name so you can condemn it.

Galileo was kept under arrest in his mansion for teaching that the Bible must be reinterpreted to favour every new hypothesis that haven't even been accepted by the scientific community, he was a Christian scientist who mistakenly ended up teaching theology and his theology was suspected of heresy
So, how do the church define a modest dressing?
Everyone knows what suit to be modest for themselves so long the dressing is not opening sensitive parts of the body.
Modest dressing should be subjective and not a general idea imposed to people.

A liberal minded church should focus on developing the human mind and not being excessively mindful of his or her outward appearance, what's their gain?

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Tollzara(m): 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
Mtchewww. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Khaytunechi: 2:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
naptu2:

The correct word is penchant (pronounced pon-shon).

pronounced pan shan.. vowel number 5 (long ah) in 'en' and 'a',, while the 'ch' is produced as sh as in 'shop' and not tch as in 'church'..

penchant = ˈpɑːŋʃɑːŋ
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Ishilove do you have this same feeling that mumuhumanist aka supermumuhumanist is also the same as that mega childish troll call mega jumbo dumbo jackbizzle?
It has crossed mind on more than one occasion. They both share the same unique brand of childishness and senseless overuse of the adjective 'hypocrite' cheesy
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

It had crossed mind on more than one occasion. They both share the same unique brand of childishness and senseless overuse of the adjective 'hypocrite" cheesy

I dey tell you grin

What are the odds right? I noticed it too a while back and the similarity is as good as a clone of each other. Same obsession over you, same levels of stupidity, same childish quips and I even began calling him mumuhumanist just like that same way I began calling jackbizzle, dumbbizzle or jumbo dumbo jackbizzle due to the same observation. Hmmm

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

I wasn't banned.

But tozara was right. This thread stinks of hypocrisy.

Am out.
*i'm'

Indomie generation. They come online and think everyone is their peer

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I dey tell you grin

What are the odds right? I noticed it too a while back and the similarity is as good as a clone of each other. Same obsession over you, same levels of stupidity, same childish quips and I even began calling him mumuhumanist just like that same way I began calling jackbizzle, dumbbizzle or jumbo dumbo jackbizzle due to the same observation. Hmmm
*gasp* shocked

I thought I was imagining things embarassed

Why, the cheeky fellow. And to think I've been courteous with him all these while angry
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

*gasp* shocked

I thought I was imagining things embarassed

Why, the cheeky fellow. And to think I've been courteous with him all these while angry

Well he has the hots for you obviously as does the other moniker jumbo dumbo jackbizzle grin

You must be one hot lady to pull this sort of attention.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I would say Women dress provocatively for their fellow women
Really? So i dress for my fellow babe to admire? You try.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

Really? So i dress for my fellow babe to admire? You try.
yes you (most likely) do!

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

*i'm'

Indomie generation. They come online and think everyone is their peer

I was writing in short hand. Don't correct what you do not know.

See this hypocrite! This same girl who could not spell 'penchant' on this thread.

Mrs penchance!

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

That woman's dress was okay. When did Catholic church turn to deeper life?
From when does a demon possessed atheist decides which dress is okay to be worn to Church be it JW or Catholic?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

From when does a demon possessed atheist decides which dress is okay to be worn to Church be it JW or Catholic?

Don't shoot the messenger. I have seen similar dresses in churches.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Would you be so kind to drop the verses that gave indepth standard for dressing? The ones I know of are kinda vague
GNT.Prov. 7:6-11
Once I was looking out the window of my house, and I saw many inexperienced young men, but noticed one foolish fellow in particular.

He was walking along the street near the corner where a certain woman lived.

He was passing near her house in the evening after it was dark.

And then she met him; she was dressed like a prostitute and was making plans. She was a bold and shameless woman who always walked the streets

Hmmm, You, everything God says no to, you say yes to. This demon inside of you will so laugh at you on the last day eh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by flamingREED(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
naptu2:

The correct word is penchant (pronounced pon-shon).

That is not the right phonetic transcription of the word.
Gosh!
Are we in 1960?

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
paxonel:
God bless you for this observation!

Bridesmaids put on sleeveless during marriages, no one is sending them parking. But a little girl who seems not to be celebrated put on sleeveless to church and you send her home saying her dressing is immodest.

What the f**k
Bridesmaids dressed topless to my Church, they were denied entrance, they had to send for shawls to cover up before they were allowed in.

Even the the Brides dress gets approval before she can wear it.

Stop talking nonsense you little teenage demon possessed atheist.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

GNT.Prov. 7:6-11
Once I was looking out the window of my house, and I saw many inexperienced young men, but noticed one foolish fellow in particular.

He was walking along the street near the corner where a certain woman lived.

He was passing near her house in the evening after it was dark.

And then she met him; she was dressed like a prostitute and was making plans. She was a bold and shameless woman who always walked the streets

Hmmm, You, everything God says no to, you say yes to. This demon inside of you will so laugh at you on the last day eh.
This isn't what I was asking for but nice try anyways
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Ishilove do you have this same feeling that mumuhumanist aka supermumuhumanist is also the same as that mega childish troll call mega jumbo dumbo jackbizzle?
Seriously? Jack the Dumbo is Mumuhumanist? shocked
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Well he has the hots for you obviously as does the other moniker jumbo dumbo jackbizzle grin

You must be one hot lady to pull this sort of attention.
I blusheth. embarassed embarassed

I come from a home of beautiful people grin
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
flamingREED:

That is not the right phonetic transcription of the word.
Gosh!
Are we in 1960?
So what is the right pronunciation?
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
yes you (most likely) do!
Hahahahahahaahhaa. Okay.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2018
I don't quite understand why some Christians are using the standards of the world to determine how a Christian should dress despite the fact that the bible is very clear about modesty. Someone is even saying that bridesmaids wear short sleeves, so that automatically means it is okay to wear revealing apparel.

I can't believe what I am reading.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by flamingREED(m): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2018
Christians don't worry about nothing.
So long as your faith is in tact,
The gates of hell can only rant.
They can never prevail.

Serve God and pray. Just those.
Leave the world in the hands of the angry God.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1 John:5:4

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Don't shoot the messenger. I have seen similar dresses in churches.
Which Churches and whose messenger are you?
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
This isn't what I was asking for but nice try anyways
Did you even watch the video? Watch it again, you'll see the Bible passages the pastor read, follow them up.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by flamingREED(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

So what is the right pronunciation?

I wasn't referring to you.
On this issue, I'm on your side.
grin
A fellow already posted it up there.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by flamingREED(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:
I don't quite understand why some Christians are using the standards of the world to determine how a Christian should dress despite the fact that the bible is very clear about modesty. Someone is even saying that bridesmaids wear short sleeves, so that automatically means it is okay to wear revealing apparel.

My dear,
The bridesmaids stand to be corrected.

Or is there a different version of the Bible for bridesmaids, brides and bridegroom?

It has backfired.
Thank God for churches like Deeper Life who stood their ground.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

Which Christians are you talking about? Mumuhumanist or hopefullandlord?

My dear, No Christian uses the world as a standard for Christian dressing. They are satanic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

I blusheth. embarassed embarassed

I come from a home of beautiful people grin

Awww so touching grin cheesy
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

Which Christians are you talking about? Mumuhumanist or hopefullandlord?

My dear, No Christian uses the world as a standard for Christian dressing. They are satanic.

The bitter truth is that what's modest varies from society to society and varies with period in history. Many of what Christians regard as modest today are the prostitute's dresses of yesteryears

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Interview Of Sheik Sani Haliru (boko Haram Member) Now A Christian / How Can Man Be Sinless? / Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.