Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,070 members, 7,956,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:00 AM

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing (8824 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

Which Churches and whose messenger are you?

An atheist who goes to church. To do what? See how wolves have infiltrated the church. I am sure he is one of the confusionists in that church he claims to have seen some dressed that way.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

Seriously? Jack the Dumbo is Mumuhumanist? shocked

I seriously believe he is. Either that or he is some freakishly similar clone. I doubt the latter though.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The bitter truth is that what's modest varies from society to society and varies with period in history. Many of what Christians regard as modest today are the prostitute's dresses of yesteryears

Ogbeni kindly shift. We are talking about bible standards of morality which is not subjective. We are not talking about how the world views this but how the word of God declares it. You are an atheist so wouldn't get it and I wonder why this discussion between Christians on christian moral issues is bothering you so much and taking your attention

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
flamingREED:

My dear,
The bridesmaids stand to be corrected.

Or is there a different version of the Bible for bridesmaids, brides and bridegroom?

It has backfired.
Thank God for churches like Deeper Life who stood their ground.

If there's any church I've observed who see dressing as objective, unchanging and are uncompromising in that regards its deeper life

almost all other churches I know of change with society and time
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by flamingREED(m): 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
No atheist can quote me and get a reasonable response.

The demon in them is the deaf type.
They're usually the very noisy and disorganized types.

If you've been in a gathering of deaf people you'll understand me.

A miracle must precede their acoustic perception.

Ignore them and be gladder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
flamingREED:

Lmao grin

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I seriously believe he is. Either that or he is some freakishly similar clone. I doubt the latter though.
I'm not surprised.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by flamingREED(m): 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Ogbeni kindly shift. We are talking about bible standards of morality which is not subjective. We are not talking about how the world views this but how the word of God declares it. You are an atheist so wouldn't get it and I wonder why this discussion between Christians on christian moral issues is bothering you so much and taking your attention

I wonder o.

May be he has begun to repent little by little.

grin

That's how they assembled their pathetic souls telling their sorry selves how they still enjoyed gospel music.
I wonder who's more pathetic between the astrologers and atheists.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
flamingREED:

My brother. The funniest part is that they talk and we perfectly understand them because we are not deaf but when we talk back they suddenly become deaf and rabid.

Na to dey cast and bind o. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The bitter truth is that what's modest varies from society to society and varies with period in history. Many of what Christians regard as modest today are the prostitute's dresses of yesteryears
Christianity Maintains the same standard. Anyone who befriends the world makes his or herself an enemy to God.

Jesus, the same yesterday, today and forever.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
flamingREED:

I wonder o.

May be he has began to repent little by little.

grin

That's how they assembled their pathetic souls telling their sorry selves how they still enjoyed gospel music.
I wonder who's more pathetic between the astrologers and atheists.

That thread killed me with laughter. Imagine Atheists still getting goose bumps over gospel music when the gospel music lyrically is all about God and his wondrous ways and works. grin cheesy

They even knew the lyrics too.

Men nairaland has got the craziest bunch of hypocritical atheists alive.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by flamingREED(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

That thread killed me with laughter. Imagine Atheists still getting goose bumps over gospel music when the gospel music lyrically is all about God and his wondrous ways and works. grin cheesy

They even knew the lyrics too.

Men nairaland has got the craziest bunch of hypocritical atheists alive.
I tell you!

3 Likes

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

Christianity Maintains the same standard. Anyone who befriends the world makes his or herself an enemy to God.

Jesus, the same yesterday, today and forever.

What I observe is different but I hear you wink
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

What I observe is different but I hear you wink
You observe what the Bible prophesies. The Tares pretending to be wheat.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

You observe what the Bible prophesies. The Tares pretending to be wheat.

So only deeper life are the Wheat? others are Tares? is that what you're saying cuz they're the only one I know that's kept the same code since I knew them
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

So only deeper life are the Wheat? others are Tares? is that what you're saying cuz they're the only one I know that's kept the same code since I knew them
What the...? I don't dress indecently and i'm not Deeperlife.

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 6:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:
What the...? I don't dress indecently and i'm not Deeperlife.
I wasn't talking about individuals though. Thought that's very clear
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Butterflyleo: 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I wasn't talking about individuals though. Thought that's very clear

Well salvation is not based on church but based on individuals. Those individuals could be found scattered in many different churches. It is God who knows those who are his based on their observance of his commands. True believers do not follow church. They follow Jesus who is the word of God.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

I was writing in short hand. Don't correct what you do not know.

See this hypocrite! This same girl who could not spell 'penchant' on this thread.

Mrs penchance!

Yep, definitely Jackdumbo

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2018
flamingREED:

!!!!!
!

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

GNT.Prov. 7:6-11
Once I was looking out the window of my house, and I saw many inexperienced young men, but noticed one foolish fellow in particular.

He was walking along the street near the corner where a certain woman lived.

He was passing near her house in the evening after it was dark.

And then she met him; she was dressed like a prostitute and was making plans. She was a bold and shameless woman who always walked the streets

Hmmm, You, everything God says no to, you say yes to. This demon inside of you will so laugh at you on the last day eh.
Abeg you people should not use laughter to wound person cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

LIES! Lies from the pits of hell!

If she raises her hands, what then? Would you see her breasts? No.

You are just making things up.
I'm not making things up, that you are ignorant of something doesn't mean another is lying.

there must be modesty and in the Catholic Church your dress should cover your shoulders, sleeveless are not allowed. you can browse it or rather I'll help you.

http://m.ncregister.com/daily-news/modesty-at-mass-is-a-must1#ixzz1fnlf1aUc

it is so even in the Vatican.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

Abeg you people should not use laughter to wound person cheesy cheesy cheesy
No be me talk am o, na Bible. cheesy
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Well salvation is not based on church but based on individuals. Those individuals could be found scattered in many different churches. It is God who knows those who are his based on their observance of his commands. True believers do not follow church. They follow Jesus who is the word of God.
Correct.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ishilove:

Yep, must definitely dumbomumunist
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

LIES. You can sell you own brother for the catholic church.
dear, you can open a thread and show me where I lied.

screaming lies Like a baby throwing a tantrum doesn't help nobody.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I'm not making things up, that you are ignorant of something doesn't mean another is lying.

there must be modesty and in the Catholic Church your dress should cover your shoulders, sleeveless are not allowed. you can browse it or rather I'll help you.

http://m.ncregister.com/daily-news/modesty-at-mass-is-a-must1#ixzz1fnlf1aUc

it is so even in the Vatican.

Stop telling lies.

Tank tops are against the dress code but not sleeveless dresses. I read the whole article.

Even the article points out how touchy it is to rule on dress codes.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:
dear, you can open a thread and show me where I lied.

screaming lies Like a baby throwing a tantrum doesn't help nobody.

Sir, you told a very irritating lie about Galileo's arrest by the catholic church.

Galileo was arrested under false accusations of heresy. He was arrested because the church took heliocentrism as herecy.

Ubenedictus:

Galileo was kept under arrest in his mansion for teaching that the Bible must be reinterpreted to favour every new hypothesis that haven't even been accepted by the scientific community, he was a Christian scientist who mistakenly ended up teaching theology and his theology was suspected of heresy
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Kindly post the Bible verses supporting your Bible standards of morality for dressing.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Awww so touching grin cheesy
grin cheesy
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Stop telling lies.

Tank tops are against the dress code but not sleeveless dresses. I read the whole article.

Even the article points out how touchy it is to rule on dress codes.

it seems its a comprehension problem. the article says.

The sign indicates that shorts, bare shoulders and tight
clothing are not appropriate for church. The feedback in
the two years since the policy was implemented has
been universally positive. In fact, two neighboring
parishes, Divine Mercy and St. Joseph, also in
Sacramento, copied Fernandez’s signs and implemented
the dress policy as well.

what do you think bare shoulder clothes are?

and of course it is a touchy issue, do you think people like to be told how to dress?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Read This If U Are A Nigerian / Where Will You Worship God Today? / Strange Happening: Random Mad Man Just Called Me By My Full Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.