Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing (8439 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by paxonel(m): 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

Stop talking nonsense you little teenage demon possessed atheist.
hmmmm!!
grin grin grin
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:

it seems its a comprehension problem. the article says.

The sign indicates that shorts, bare shoulders and tight
clothing are not appropriate for church. The feedback in
the two years since the policy was implemented has
been universally positive. In fact, two neighboring
parishes, Divine Mercy and St. Joseph, also in
Sacramento, copied Fernandez’s signs and implemented
the dress policy as well.

what do you think bare shoulder clothes are?

Are bare shoulders dresses (eg tank tops) and sleeveless dresses the same things?

Stop digging deeper into the hole of lies
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The bitter truth is that what's modest varies from society to society and varies with period in history. Many of what Christians regard as modest today are the prostitute's dresses of yesteryears
there is also a point here
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Sir, you told a very irritating lie about Galileo's arrest by the catholic church.

Galileo was arrested under false accusations of heresy. He was arrested because the church took heliocentrism as herecy.

actually heliocentrism was already taught by Copernicus even before Galileo and it was called the Copernican theory. Copernicus wasn't condemned all through his life, Galileo was even well received in Rome by the Church after his theory.

how did heliocentrism a science issue become heresy? read up...
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Are bare shoulders dresses (eg tank tops) and sleeveless dresses the same things?

Stop digging deeper into the hole of lies
actually yes!

bare shoulder dresses are any dress that bares the shoulders.

I actually did a Google search just to be sure.

you can see the clothes on the links.

https://www.mossmanclothing.com.au/product/1064/The-Bare-Shoulder-Dress/
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:
actually yes!

bare shoulder dresses are any dress that bares the shoulders.

I actually did a Google search just to be sure.

you can see the clothes on the links.

https://www.mossmanclothing.com.au/product/1064/The-Bare-Shoulder-Dress/

Very good. Now look at the girl in question that was driven from her church.

Her dress was not a bare shoulder dress. It was sleeveless but her shoulders were not open.

Case closed.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
paxonel:

So, how do the church define a modest dressing?
Everyone knows what suit to be modest for themselves so long the dressing is not opening sensitive parts of the body.
Modest dressing should be subjective and not a general idea imposed to people.

A liberal minded church should focus on developing the human mind and not being excessively mindful of his or her outward appearance, what's their gain?
the Church is neither liberal minded or conservative minded, it is Christ minded.

actually everyone doesn't really know what is modest, some people know, others don't hence the reminders, past the kneel, cover the shoulders, wear non-see through material... that is just the basics, the rest is common sense.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Very good. Now look at the girl in question that was driven from her church.

Her dress was not a bare shoulder dress. It was sleeveless but her shoulders were not open.

Case closed.
I just looked again, it is still a bare shoulder dress, worst still made of net

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 11:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I just looked again, it is still a bare shoulder dress, worst still made of net

Ogbeni, her shoulders are not bare. The cloth covers it. Net or whatever.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by hopefulLandlord: 1:31am On Apr 11, 2018
Ubenedictus:
there is also a point here

Funny enough, that's. actually been Superhumanist's point since but all Christians, for some bizarre reason, disagree even though this can easily be observed

If we can travel 50 years into the future, what they'll regard as modest would be many things we would see as immodest
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 6:13am On Apr 11, 2018
Ubenedictus:
actually heliocentrism was already taught by Copernicus even before Galileo and it was called the Copernican theory. Copernicus wasn't condemned all through his life, Galileo was even well received in Rome by the Church after his theory.

how did heliocentrism a science issue become heresy? read up...

If you can tell such blatant lies for the Catholic church, I believe that you can kill.

I am not even going to argue this with you.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 6:14am On Apr 11, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Funny enough, that's. actually been Superhumanist's point since but all Christians, for some bizarre reason, disagree even though this can easily be observed

If we can travel 50 years into the future, what they'll regard as modest would be many things we would see as immodest

Thank you.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by paxonel(m): 7:56am On Apr 11, 2018
Ubenedictus:
the Church is neither liberal minded or conservative minded, it is Christ minded.
do you think Christ will ever see a woman not dressing modestly and give her a red card for that?
Take a look at the scenerio where a lady was almost stoned to death for her sin of adultery but Christ did not condemn her, that was Christ being liberal to the highest order. So, it is wrong to say Christ is neither liberal.

Christ did not establish christianity on earth only for the religion to be practiced in church buildings characterized by rituals, ordinances, religious laws and doctrines that will make people become conservatives. He established christianity strictly to give people eternal life freely. John 3:16

The young girl that was sent home in the other thread, may have understood this. She even say that, after a while she decided to attend church for the first time and she was refused entrance by church warders and she is happily going back home, knowing that she has her eternal life already given to her freely which is independent of the church.

In that case, who is gaining and who is loosing?

To me, it is the church that is loosing, because she is going back with her offering money.

I will say it is religion or the church that is neither liberal and they are clearly conservative in relation to how people should dress (especially women).

Now, if you take a look at the video the OP presented on this thread, i noticed that the vast majority of the members in that church are men (on suit), Putting on suit rather than some free style dressing is not bad.

But few of them in that congregation are women.
Why?
Because the pastor is simply conservative.
This is a common characteristics of the african society, we are living in mens world.
Women are not entitled to express themselves, not even through the way they choose to dress. Because if they try it,
They will be seen as loosed people(mostly men's opinion)
They will be seen immodest (mostly men's opinion)
They will give room for men to commit adultery with them. (women also thinks this way)

What a flimsy excuses!

Can't the men who see women not dressing modestly stop thinking of how to commit adultery or harassing them?

I bet you, if the church continues like this,
By extension, if the society continues like this, there will be so many people with this kind of conservative nature without making any meaning positive impact. grin
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 8:11am On Apr 11, 2018
superhumanist:

Ogbeni, her shoulders are not bare. The cloth covers it. Net or whatever.
funny enough see through material are themselves problematic... still bare
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12am On Apr 11, 2018
superhumanist:

If you can tell such blatant lies for the Catholic church, I believe that you can kill.

I am not even going to argue this with you.

still throwing tantrums right? you can research Copernicus and see, or just cry like a baby shouting lie, lies etc
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 8:58am On Apr 11, 2018
Ubenedictus:
still throwing tantrums right? you can research Copernicus and see, or just cry like a baby shouting lie, lies etc

Yes. Thank you for your time. Anyone can read and Chech if corpenicus's theory was accepted by the catholic church with or without controversy.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 8:59am On Apr 11, 2018
Ubenedictus:
funny enough see through material are themselves problematic... still bare

Her cloth is not against the rules. I have seen similar dresses in catholic church.

Stop acting like an old school Jesuit. This is why many catholic churches in the south lack youths.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
superhumanist:

Her cloth is not against the rules. I have seen similar dresses in catholic church.

Stop acting like an old school Jesuit. This is why many catholic churches in the south lack youths.
that the Church you attended didn't enforce standards for modesty doesn't make the dress OK.

funny enough the Catholic churches I've attended in the south do Have youths.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2018
Ubenedictus:
that the Church you attended didn't enforce standards for modesty doesn't make the dress OK.

funny enough the Catholic churches I've attended in the south do Have youths.

Lol....I did some work at one of the biggest catholic churches in the south.

Compared to Christ embassy and winners, the catholic church's youth programmes are dead
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
superhumanist:

I thought objective morality was clear? Why bringing in the confusion of different cultures? Do you follow a religious morality or a cultural one?
morality is multifaceted, there exist areas where it interact with culture.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2018
superhumanist:

Lol....I did some work at one of the biggest catholic churches in the south.

Compared to Christ embassy and winners, the catholic church's youth programmes are dead
we certainly do not do Protestant style youth programs but that doesn't mean "Catholic Church don't have youths"
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Emmanystone: 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
paxonel:
hmmmm!!
grin grin grin
Make sun no blacken your teeth.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by GoodMuyis(m): 7:30am On Apr 14, 2018
superhumanist:
"decent dressing" is subjective.
Says who? Atheists or God
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2018
superhumanist:
Penchant.!!!!!
Lol...this gbagaun is funny and ironic coming from a woman who loves correcting others grammar.

Anyhow, dressing is subjective. What is indecent in Nigeria is decent in America.

Consistently, it has always been hyper-religious hypocrites that always want to limit what women can wear.

I agree partially. However, what is often accepted as decent, both in Nigeria and foreign lands could also be indecent. Just like some ladies that wear skirts that live there lapse open to view is indecent. When you wear cloth that expose your breast, it is indecent.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
JMAN05:

I agree partially. However, what is often accepted as decent, both in Nigeria and foreign lands could also be indecent. Just like some ladies that wear skirts that live there lapse open to view is indecent. When you wear cloth that expose your breast, it is indecent.

yes, very subjective.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
superhumanist:

yes, very subjective.

I agree partially.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Says who? Atheists or God

both.

Here is the bible giving laws about dressing which christians do not follow

Leviticus 19:19
“You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material."
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by GoodMuyis(m): 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
superhumanist:

both.

Here is the bible giving laws about dressing which christians do not follow

Leviticus 19:19
“You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material."

You know noting about the verse you quote and i wont explain either.

Anyway does that Justifies Indecent dressing being subjective?
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ubenedictus(m): 5:45pm On May 01, 2018
superhumanist:

Yes. Thank you for your time. Anyone can read and Chech if corpenicus's theory was accepted by the catholic church with or without controversy.

before Galileo the church had no issues with the scientific hypothesis, in fact both Copernicus and Galileo were Church sponsored scientists.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by superhumanist(m): 7:59pm On May 01, 2018
Ubenedictus:
before Galileo the church had no issues with the scientific hypothesis, in fact both Copernicus and Galileo were Church sponsored scientists.

You reply after how many weeks?

Hmmm codeine and tramadol. Slow effect.
Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by M0ron: 9:36pm On May 01, 2018
Ishilove:
This thread was inspired by another thread where a woman went to Facebook to complain that a church had turned her back because of her attire. I saw many people condemning the church and i marvelled.

And then...my mind flashed back to a message on modest dressing by Apostle Gino Jennings.

Although the message is jarring, it is 100% undiluted truth, supported by the scriptures.

The truth is, society is decaying daily and modesty and decency is being sacrificed on the altar of conformity and so called 'liberalism'.

Watch the Apostle's fiery teaching on female modesty and I hope it will inspire you like it did me. He uses mannequins to illustrate the madness that passes for 'modernity' these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5IRC3TxeL0

Mumu,
What did your ancestors use to put on?
Skimpy animal skins

1 Like

Re: The Modern Woman's Penchant For Indecent Dressing by Ishilove: 11:09pm On May 01, 2018
M0ron:

Mumu,
What did your ancestors use to put on?
Skimpy animal skins
You are your name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Answered: Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? / How Can Man Be Sinless? / The Expressway Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.