Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel (21181 Views)

Bandits Kidnap 24 Students Of Federal University Of Gusau From Hostel / See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break / Facts About Korna Anongo Terhemen Who Dropped Out Of UI Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Adeyeancah(m): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2018
Na so patients dey always be for most of the Hospitals in this country cry
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by debony(m): 9:31am On Apr 09, 2018
josephobaro:
I have given up on Nigeria.

Its been along time I did mine! Its a pity that this abyss we keep falling into has no end in sight.

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by seangy4konji: 9:31am On Apr 09, 2018
medical students...lol

Nigeria i hail you.
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Dove1998(m): 9:31am On Apr 09, 2018
U see..

When you see a medical doctor being wicked, don't blame him or her, this is what they passed through
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Chubhie: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2018
How are the mighty fallen.
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by jericco1(m): 9:35am On Apr 09, 2018
they don't have friends that stay off campus or what? this is shiƄty
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by kolaish(m): 9:36am On Apr 09, 2018
Cromcruach91:
1.In 2013....GEJ told ASUU the truth...that govt could not give their employers the Universties 3 trillion in extra funding.

And thus fee increases were just a matter of time

2. You cannot fund a university on fees less than 30000 naira. Something has got to give.

3.Until someone can convince Buhari to take N3 trillion from this year's budget of N8 trillon and use it to satisfy ASUU/FG agreement of 2009...fees are going to have to go up.

4.Or we take another IMF loan...or we watch as private unviersties surpass public universties. Your choice.

THAT IS THE TRUTH WHICH OUR SOCIETY DOES NOT WANT TO COME TO TERMS WITH. EVEN IN THE SO CALLED ABROAD THAT WE LIKE TO REFER TO, EDUCATION IN HIGHER INSTITUTION IS NOT THAT CHEAP. COME TO THINK OF IT, EVEN SOME AVERAGE PRIVATE PRIMARY SCHOOL IN NIGERIA THESE DAYS PAY NOT LESS THAN N35,000 PER TERM (THAT IS N105,000 FOR A YEAR), THEN WE ARE TALKING OF THIS PEANUT FOR FEE OF MEDICAL STUDENT.

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Pat081: 9:36am On Apr 09, 2018
Notatribalist:
Just imagine this nonsense.medical students for that matter..nawa for my country o.
wot is d different between dem n d rest of d student??wen dey too re no most student u will c dia true colour dey will b telling sick people dat if dey dnt pay dia hospitals pay dey shuld nt let dey go or pay money 4 cards
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by lagosrd: 9:36am On Apr 09, 2018
Cromcruach91:
1.In 2013....GEJ told ASUU the truth...that govt could not give their employers the Universties 3 trillion in extra funding.

2. You cannot fund a university on fees less than 30000 naira. Something has got to give.

3.Until someone can convince Buhari to take N3 trillion from this year's budget of N8 trillon and use it to satisfy ASUU/FG agreement of 2009...fees are going to have to go up.

4.Or we take another IMF loan...or we watch as private unviersties surpass public universties. Your choice.

Pls you can run a university with that amount cut all the investments the school has. How come vice chancellors now becomes the guest of efcc . This is largely due to the corruption in our tertiary institutions. Those people in charge of university administrations are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by debony(m): 9:37am On Apr 09, 2018
Cromcruach91:

So you want to go to the US and the UK...fees there are at 9000 pounds and $20000 and above there

Or is it Germany and Denmark that guarantee free education, in return for 50% of your annual income in taxes?

Nothing is free in Freetown.

Because nothing is free in freetown, we should learn to eat shit and take senselessness as a norm. The Uk and US you talked about, what don't they give their citizen and Germany, what do they starve their children of that even of you are asked to give all your earnings you will hesitate. Try not to paint what is bad as a manageable, Nigeria needs a doctor and an ICU session for multiple operation.

3 Likes

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 09, 2018
debony:

Because nothing is free in freetown, we should learn to eat shit and take senselessness as a norm. The Uk and US you talked about, what don't they give their citizen and Germany, what do they starve their children of that even of you are asked to give all your earnings you will hesitate. Try not to paint what is bad as a manageable, Nigeria needs a doctor and an ICU session for multiple operation.

OK....you want us to take another loan...because we are not earning enough from oil, and they are looting thie money on top of the matter.

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 09, 2018
lagosrd:

Pls you can run a university with that amount cut all the investments the school has. How come vice chancellors now becomes the guest of efcc . This is largely due to the corruption in our tertiary institutions. Those people in charge of university administrations are corrupt.

Knock off corruption, and many of those universites wills till be cash starved.

TheASUU-FG agreement is there....and the fact is we need N3 trrillion per annum.

I hate making this argument, but our fees are too low to fund any unviersity adequately. Either we spend N3 trillion out of our budget of N8 trillion JUST on universties, or we take another loan.

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by bebe2(f): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2018
Cromcruach91:

So you want to go to the US and the UK...fees there are at 9000 pounds and $20000 and above there

Or is it Germany and Denmark that guarantee free education, in return for 50% of your annual income in taxes?

I rather live in any of these places and give away 70pc of my wages than live in that hell hole and keep 100pc of my wages.

Who no marry 2 husband no dey fit compare two men.

I went to Uniben and Manchester metropolitan uni. So I know wat am talking about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Hardebaryor(m): 10:14am On Apr 09, 2018
Cromcruach91:

And why do you want US and UK standard of education in Nigeria without paying for it?

Simples.
You might be right. But can you tell me ever since they've been increasing the fees, what noticeable change have we seen in these tertiary institutons? The leaders of this country aree just corrupt

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by joan1678(m): 10:24am On Apr 09, 2018
Pat081:
wot is d different between dem n d rest of d student??wen dey too re no most student u will c dia true colour dey will b telling sick people dat if dey dnt pay dia hospitals pay dey shuld nt let dey go or pay money 4 cards
With due respect sir, you are very stupid for this comment. After surviving the struggles in med school, you expect me to treat you for free? Oh pardon me, your grammar already shows the kind of person you are.
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Olorunfemi101: 10:28am On Apr 09, 2018
Cromcruach91:

As much as this is the reality...increasing payments at schools should nt be escape route for Nigerians. Alot is wrong with our nation, and we are yet to see through that.
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Olorunfemi101: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2018
joan1678:

With due respect sir, you are very stupid for this comment. After surviving the struggles in med school, you expect me to treat you for free? Oh pardon me, your grammar already shows the kind of person you are.

U dey mind this one? Lol..
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Pat081: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2018
joan1678:

thanks sir but u re also mad ,Wu ask u to do it 4free ??n dos ones dat re doing it free do u c dia dead people on d street ? If u quote mi again u will dead b4 ur time

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Nnamaka1: 10:43am On Apr 09, 2018
And we wonder why our doctors are heartless

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Pat081: 10:46am On Apr 09, 2018
joan1678:

u re one of dos NGO or W.H .O will gv drugs n money to use 4rm sick people but will take it home n b using it just because u struggle in school nt mi u will treat but ur family

1 Like

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Holamarncy: 11:18am On Apr 09, 2018
Olorunfemi101:

As much as this is the reality...increasing payments at schools should nt be escape route for Nigerians. Alot is wrong with our nation, and we are yet to see through that.

If the school has a problem why should one faculty suffer for it,wouldnt it be reasonable to extend such fee to the other departments so as to reduce its harsh effect on individual students of the COM
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by joan1678(m): 11:27am On Apr 09, 2018
Pat081:
thanks sir but u re also mad ,Wu ask u to do it 4free ??n dos ones dat re doing it free do u c dia dead people on d street ? If u quote mi again u will dead b4 ur time
As much as I may want to ignore, I wouldn't just walk away without notifying you that there's no sense in this comment.
I'm amazed at your depth of shallowness.
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by fergie001: 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
joan1678:

That's harsh sweetie
What he said isn't right, thou

The fees increase is across board in UI,either schl fees or accomodation.........and you cannot even justify the increase except in flowers.
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by onyxo76(m): 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
And you expect such students to hang around after graduation and internship? Go and look into the back seat or boot of most fresh medical graduates ,you will find only books on preparing an passing foreign medical exams...it is well o

2 Likes

Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by LilSmith55(m): 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Increament on top 18k salary abi
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by samisj4real(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
cry

Hah! Buhari second term issa No No..

100k too much oooh
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by mikolo80: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
oluangelkay:
this is wickedness of the highest order. Nigeria my country.

so you prefer the school administrators children sleep outside?
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by mikolo80: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
what is special about them
na dia training cost pass sef after army students
Notatribalist:
Just imagine this nonsense.medical students for that matter..nawa for my country o.
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by mikolo80: 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2018
bjhandz:
Nice one guys aluta continual victory acetal
stupid struggle they will lose against freemarket
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by mikolo80: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
an mri cossts 2 million dollars
you think it cares about your living standard
Hardebaryor:
And do you want to compare their standards of living to what we have in Nigeria?
Re: UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel by Olorunfemi101: 7:49am On Apr 10, 2018
Holamarncy:

If the school has a problem why should one faculty suffer for it,wouldnt it be reasonable to extend such fee to the other departments so as to reduce its harsh effect on individual students of the COM

You are right, but I want to strongly believe it will extend to other faculties too!
AAUA Ondo State has increased school fee from 20k plus to over 100k. Why i said alot is wrong with this country!!!
A country the president is nt ready to push in money into education, esp higher institution level!!! We can see that from last budget!!!!
2019 arnd the corner, hoping things will be better..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Memory Of The Aluu Four Boys / ASUU Strike Poll: What Is The Situation Report In Your School? / What Did You Do To Be Self Dependent Financially As A University Student?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.