Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,338 members, 7,836,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? (9270 Views)

The First Thread On Nairaland In 2016!!! / Dailymail Quotes Nairaland In An Article / Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Travelista(f): 10:58pm On May 12, 2010
Awww! So glad NL is back online! I see some posts are missing; I think that's for the best. wink
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by acextreme: 10:59pm On May 12, 2010
AT LAST THANK GOD NAIRALAND IS BACK!!!

TODAY WAS REALLY BORING WITOUT NAIRALAND,
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by berylLOL(f): 11:03pm On May 12, 2010
@wudd-never,nl rocks it really gives us d koko, but on fb wat can one do dan read uploaded status' comment or lyk em
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by toluxa1(m): 11:07pm On May 12, 2010
Really? When did it happen? Cos I opened NR this afternoon o. This one wey time still dey show 4. Thank God its back sha.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by timpaker(m): 11:08pm On May 12, 2010
nairaland please alwayz have a plan B should in case sheet happens.
thank GOD everything is almost normal again, but my favourite post is gone.
Seun please can you work on bringing it back soonest.
thanks.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by emmatok(m): 11:08pm On May 12, 2010
IT THINK IT IS DUE TO SOME BIAFRAN WAR LORDS TRYING TO PULL DOWN THE SITE.

IF YOU NOTICE THESE LINK (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-443501.96.html) TITLED "Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs!"  HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE HOME PAGE
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by otawa: 11:10pm On May 12, 2010
I appreciate your patience so much! It was a server crash and we had to reinstall everything.

it is time you have BCP solution in place. But good you could resolve this.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by aieromon(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2010
Yeseterday, in the computer section, a guy threatened to h@ck into the site.
Dual Core,you think he did it?Remember you replied his post.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by oseiwe(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2010
I tot MTN blocked it like they do my sharemobile.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by tosinaded(m): 11:13pm On May 12, 2010
emmatok:

IT THINK IT IS DUE TO SOME BIAFRAN WAR LORDS TRYING TO PULL DOWN THE SITE.

IF YOU NOTICE THESE LINK (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-443501.96.html) TITLED "Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs!"  HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE HOME PAGE

dnt be a clown,several posts are missing
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by gaskinachi(m): 11:16pm On May 12, 2010
read where some dude was talkin about a massive attack on nairaland yesterday, i think the topic was in the tech market or music section cos those are the sections i visit but i didnt really think much of it.well its good to see that the ste is back up and runnin.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Seun(m): 11:22pm On May 12, 2010
It was a hardware failure.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by toluxa1(m): 11:23pm On May 12, 2010
It seems Seun is presently still Working on it cos the time just changed now.
@Aeiro. I don't think Dual Core would do such a thing. He's a Moderator and I've know him on NL  for years now.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by otawa: 11:23pm On May 12, 2010
It was a hardware failure.

ok and appears also the back-up data was from 2days ago.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by jendordino(m): 11:25pm On May 12, 2010
Nairaland server join other Nigerians in national mourning of the late president Yaradua, today the 7th day after the death of his excellency. RIP

Alaroye headline!
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by toluxa1(m): 11:29pm On May 12, 2010
@Seun. I have a few question for you?
Is the any possibility of recovering the lost data? Have you ever experienced this before? What happens to new users who registered in the time frame of the problem?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by tayoast(m): 11:31pm On May 12, 2010
otawa:

ok and appears also the back-up data was from 2days ago.

more than that!!!!
posts dated from Sunday r gone!!!!!
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Zodiac61(m): 11:33pm On May 12, 2010
what has happened to my posts?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by honeric01(m): 11:34pm On May 12, 2010
thank God for NL.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by otawa: 11:35pm On May 12, 2010
more than that!!!!
posts dated from Sunday r gone!!!!!

Seun, how regularly do you back your database?

For site with this traffic, 'hot-back-up'  with clustered DB is the key.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by tayoast(m): 11:36pm On May 12, 2010
ahhhh
ds is unfair.
The Chelski Championship winning thread's gone!!!!!
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 12, 2010
I thought it was a lockdown by security agencies, anyways welldone seun,
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by mrofficial(m): 11:43pm On May 12, 2010
I just hope this does not repeat it self.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 12, 2010
I think say na only me be nairaland addict b4, na 2day i know sey nairaland addicts plenty 4 here,
see me becoming bored now
see me checking my ISP 2 know if was from thier srever
see me facbokin not knowing what to write grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by PupetMasta(m): 11:47pm On May 12, 2010
My addiction is back. I thut the world was going to end. Please Seun implement a better fault tolerance. By the way, Thanks for site.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by nellaluv(f): 11:49pm On May 12, 2010
^ ^ its not only you, i was busy stalking people on fb grin
@least the trash i posted in romance section is deleted wouldn't want anyone to read it over and over again lol grin grin cheesy
p.s i'm still a good girl cheesy tongue
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by styles2009: 11:51pm On May 12, 2010
Some days ago,i nearly hijacked a topic on,"Where do you spend most of the time NAIRALAND OR FACEBOOK" and i was torn to pieces by other poster cos i only recommended a newer version of SMF (SMF is the current program running Nairaland).

Two poster insulted me cos i told them NL would be better with the newer version on SMF, but 20hrs ago,only God and Oga Admin knew,what happen to the internal function of NL.

My opinion once again NL is a huge site and a newer version of SMF is needed, am not a genius but from my study every old program would surly develop a fault be it now or in the new future.

I hope Admin is really working on this point i mentioned or probably my last post cos i repeated myself again.

styles
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by otawa: 11:53pm On May 12, 2010
My addiction is back. I thut the world was going to end. Please Seun implement a better fault tolerance. By the way, Thanks for site.

addiction is no good oh
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Ruq: 11:57pm On May 12, 2010
I love the fact that Some Krazy and silly Threads are gone i pray it's forever. Good riddance!
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by tayoast(m): 11:59pm On May 12, 2010
evrytin dated as far bak as Sunday. . . smh
10k goodness we're bak online.
was destabilized all day
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by mrofficial(m): 12:02am On May 13, 2010
Ruq:

I love the fact that Some Krazy and silly Threads are gone i pray it's forever. Good riddance!

Like "Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs!" grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by fender(m): 12:13am On May 13, 2010
tayo_ast:

ahhhh
ds is unfair.
The Chelski Championship winning thread's gone!!!!!

Aiyaa. Thank God NL is back and running.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigeria's Finest twins, Charly Boy's Stylish Grandchildren / How Can You Use Selfie Stick With Samsung Note3 / Hello My Sisters And Brothers Of Nigeria, I'm Finally United With You All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.