Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,445 members, 7,836,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? (9271 Views)

The First Thread On Nairaland In 2016!!! / Dailymail Quotes Nairaland In An Article / Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by pussyboy: 12:15am On May 13, 2010
I tot i was d only one dat noticed.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by DrKlever(m): 12:16am On May 13, 2010
Gud 2 be back anyway. Wat if this rubbish happens again witin a short interval & delete ur favourite post, wat will u do?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by TruMantra(m): 12:18am On May 13, 2010
After carrying out a slew of independent investigations into the service outage experienced by Nairaland, I have come to the following conclusions.
1. The outage occurred as a result of a hardware failure. This validates Seun's claim.
2. The hardware failure was caused by a concerted attack on the Nairaland servers by the gross stupidity of several posts and this was further exacerbated by the now common foolishly tribalistic sentiments expressed by a vocal minority on this site.
3. In a bid to prevent the reoccurence of such an unfortunate event, Seun, you are advised to virtualize your environment and implement high availability and fault tolerance. This will yield the required results in an effective and cost efficient way.

Finally, if anyone took the time to read all that I've written, you are obviously jobless and need to find some work to keep you occupied! grin cheesy
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Nobody: 12:31am On May 13, 2010
^ ur just a clown grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On May 13, 2010
I know it's absurd, all my replies and threads are missing. . .

Really strange.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by mamagee3(f): 12:50am On May 13, 2010
Seun:

I appreciate your patience so much!  It was a server crash and we had to reinstall everything. 
I wastrying to get to the root of the problem, and so it took almost a day instead of hours.
So, What was the cause of the problem?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by PupetMasta(m): 12:52am On May 13, 2010
Maybe it was a blessing in disguise 4 me cos that Chelsea and Biafra Son bullshit thread is gone and I was able to catch up wiv some reading although half of the time was used to check if nairaland was back online.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by mamagee3(f): 12:53am On May 13, 2010
^^Blessing in Disguise? shocked

Losing all my posts was a blessing?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Absu(m): 12:55am On May 13, 2010
i was thinking maybe our dear nl has been seized by eida d sss,efcc,icpc,police or even d civil defnce corp grin grin grin grin and maybe some missing topics are stil nt cleared in dere office.And maybe suen is stil @ dere office tryin 2 clear som issues wit dem.U knw d way u pple were talkin about yar'dua,ibb,oby,presido gj,torei,biafra,etc was disrespecful 2 d elders of dis countrygrin grin grin and dat alone wil mak dem bounce on our dear nl d way dem did 2 Ait during d time of dos plain crashes n d death of oby's wife grin grin grin grin grin
so @all, i imploy u 2 treat issues concerning our country and her pot belle elder lightly 2 avoid future occurance of dis,pls.
Dos dat havnt seen dere topic,wait until dey pass dere final scrutiny. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On May 13, 2010
EFCC my foot! grin
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Ruq: 1:00am On May 13, 2010
EFCC?? ya rite! hit me in the head!
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by santony2k(m): 1:03am On May 13, 2010
@Seun, do you need help? Im sure ppl on NL will be able to help you if necessary.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by mamagee3(f): 1:05am On May 13, 2010
^^Seun need help?

Why on earth would the admin need help, Did he ask for your help while creating the website?
undecided
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Absu(m): 1:12am On May 13, 2010
even most of my posts arnt here angry angry angry stil @ dere office i guess damn angry
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Gilbertman(m): 1:24am On May 13, 2010
Thank God o. I tried to open Nl from my homepage, no show!,I binged it, click again nothing!I sent an email to @Chosen 04 asking to know if she was able to log in, no answer.I have no phone number to call whoever. I said well, the FGN must have been pissed off with something on Nl's page or my IP is been blocked for whatever reason.Just this evening I said let me check again. It was like I won a jackpot when the page opened. I did not realize I am that attached to NL as I discovered today.
Kudos to Seun and the Technicians.May there be no more cog in the wheel of Nairaland. Amiinnnnnn
smiley cheesy wink
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Gilbertman(m): 1:30am On May 13, 2010
Absu:

i was thinking maybe our dear nl has been seized by eida d sss,efcc,icpc,police or even d civil defnce corp grin grin grin grin and maybe some missing topics are stil nt cleared in dere office.And maybe suen is stil @ dere office tryin 2 clear som issues wit dem.U knw d way u pple were talkin about yar'dua,ibb,oby,presido gj,torei,biafra,etc was disrespecful 2 d elders of dis countrygrin grin grin and dat alone wil mak dem bounce on our dear nl d way dem did 2 Ait during d time of dos plain crashes n d death of oby's wife grin grin grin grin grin
so @all, i imploy u 2 treat issues concerning our country and her pot belle elder lightly 2 avoid future occurance of dis,pls.
Dos dat havnt seen dere topic,wait until dey pass dere final scrutiny. grin grin grin grin grin
I thought I was the only one with the scare cat view of the situation.lol. . . . . . . . cheesy
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by tayoast(m): 1:38am On May 13, 2010
mama gee >>> seun's chief press secretary
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by nethacker(m): 1:43am On May 13, 2010
wetin do this site?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Gilbertman(m): 1:49am On May 13, 2010
@all any lesson? I realize that there are things one takes for granted in ones' life and one may never know how valuable the "water is until the well run dry"! Is there someone, somebody, a friend, a colleague, Mum, Dad, siblings,a job, a quest or even your life that you take "just like that" with levity and nonchalant acceptance?? Take time to appreciate all the little and big things that God has bless / endow you with. It is free coming on here, but it is a chunk of blessing. Show appreciation today. Seun, I bless God for the wisdom He has imbued you with. May you live long in good health, wealth( you are in the league already),fear of God, love for yourself, your Neighbour and Nigeria. Gbogbo Igi telegbede ba fowo ba didun lo ndun. . You will never be disgrace or discredit o.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by eyoniggar(m): 2:20am On May 13, 2010
Yall shud remain there expressing your addiction.
Instead of asking Seun how he'll recover all the missing posts
and threads.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by sophy09: 2:29am On May 13, 2010
The funny thing is after reading my morning devotion online and checking my mails, the next thing I check is nairaland which is why I get pissed at times when I do not see any new post.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by DrKlever(m): 2:54am On May 13, 2010
@sophy09 you are right lol. How are you today?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by sophy09: 3:06am On May 13, 2010
I am good DrKlever. I guess the same thing happens to you right?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by tkovie2002(m): 3:06am On May 13, 2010
Thank God Nairaland is back on track, But I have this feeling that Nairaland and Nairahost are on the same server, because a Nairahost-hosted site i tried to access at the same time nairaland was down, was also down, and now some updates that were done on the nairahost site are also missing until a particular date and time, Can someone please explain this?

I stand to be corrected though
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:37am On May 13, 2010
this is a hot mess! y'all really need to do something with yourselves. hahaha
i can't believe it. 20 hours without NL (not even a day sef) and some people were losing their minds.
na wa!

didn't even know the site crashed sef, been gone longer.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Anaegboka(m): 3:38am On May 13, 2010
Never knew I've developed this form of addiction to nairaland.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by Nobody: 3:49am On May 13, 2010
hahahaha imagine if nairaland go down for one year grin
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by MUZBO(m): 3:54am On May 13, 2010
@Seun, I heard that some birds collided with the server and caused it to crash, is it true?
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by wudd: 4:00am On May 13, 2010
MUZBO:

@Seun, I heard that some birds collided with the server and caused it to crash, is it true?

LMAO, you hang your own server outside abi? , nl ooooh! grin ma guy dey hear server think say naa antenna.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by MUZBO(m): 4:06am On May 13, 2010
tkovie2002:

. . .But I have this feeling that Nairaland and  are on the same server,  because a -hosted site i tried to access at the same time nairaland was down, was also down, and now some updates that were done on the  site are also missing until a particular date and time, Can someone please explain this?

I stand to be corrected though
Nooooooo!! Guy, aliens from outer space visited you causing you to lose track of events during their visit. Better check for any sore bumps on your skin just in case they implanted any listening device(s) on you! Or better still just call- 0800-123-SCULLY.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by MUZBO(m): 4:13am On May 13, 2010
wudd:

LMAO, you hang your own server outside abi? , nl ooooh! grin ma guy dey hear server think say naa antenna.
See this one o! Do I have to put 'lol' @ the end of my post to indicate I was joking?! WELCOME TO NAIRALAND- Where you don't believe everything you read! Joke's on you now.
Re: What Happened To Nairaland In The Last 20hrs? by wudd: 4:20am On May 13, 2010
MUZBO:

See this one o! Do I have to put 'lol' @ the end of my post to indicate I was joking?! WELCOME TO NAIRALAND- Where you don't believe everything you read! Joke's on you now.

hey buddy, its nairaland, you dont take every reply too serious okay, ease off brotha,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigeria's Finest twins, Charly Boy's Stylish Grandchildren / How Can You Use Selfie Stick With Samsung Note3 / Hello My Sisters And Brothers Of Nigeria, I'm Finally United With You All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.