Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge (3449 Views)

Wike Inaugurates New Special Advisers (Photos) / The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road / Buhari Inaugurates National Economic Council Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by AloyEmeka5: 9:49pm On May 12, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Fashola inaugurates Okota-Itire bridge

Sam Awoyinfa

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has urged residents of the state to protect infrastructure located in their areas.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/12/813.html

He gave this charge on Tuesday while inaugurating the newly constructed Okota-Itire overhead link bridge across the Oshodi-Apapa Expressway at Cele Bus Stop.

Fashola, who was accompanied by his deputy, Mrs. Sarah Sosan, and other state functionaries, called on local government chairmen, whose domains were direct beneficiaries of the bridge, and other residents, to protect the thoroughfare from any form of abuse.

He said, "Our government will not allow trading, parking or any other activity under this bridge that will shorten its lifespan.

"People who have traded and parked under many bridges in Lagos caused fire under those bridges, which weakened their structure. We will not allow this to happen to this bridge here."

Fashola said the bridge was conceived by the former commissioner for works and infrastructure, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, while he too was part of the executive during the tenure of former governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

The chairman of Mushin Local Government, Mr. Olatunde Adepitan commended the governor for its commitment to infrastructural development in the state.

He said the construction of the link bridge would ease the incessant traffic congestion along Mushin-Isolo axis, while also improving the social and economic activities of the residents.

"This link bridge will open up more economic opportunities for the people living in the local government, because they are now linked with other locations like Okota, Mile 2, Apapa, among others," he stressed.

Adepitan promised to ensure that the road was not subjected to any form of abuse because " we won't allow illegal parking or any form of trading either on or under the bridge."
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by babapupa: 10:21pm On May 12, 2010
Eko o ni baje lai lai,

Pics here,

Fashola Commisisons Okota-Itire Overhead Bridge, 3 Other Major Projects

http://happylagosian..com/2010/05/fashola-commisisons-okota-itire.html
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by doyin13(m): 10:36pm On May 12, 2010
But why so much fanfare over run of the mill projects.

Only God knows how much some ar.se hole charged
for canopies, aso ebi, renting crowds etcetera.

I suspect this bridge has been ready for some time
but it was not opened because they wanted to gain
as much political leverage from it as possible.
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by AloyEmeka5: 10:41pm On May 12, 2010
[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S-qhyl5htwI/AAAAAAAAD30/HLE_dlEnuuY/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

Beautiful job but I hope he holds the contractors responsible for the few potholes on the new bridge. Fashola will live forever.

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S-qhqzRsZKI/AAAAAAAAD3s/8smEIBUATx0/s1600/4.jpg[/img]
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by AloyEmeka5: 10:41pm On May 12, 2010
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by AloyEmeka5: 10:45pm On May 12, 2010
doyin13:

I wish other governors and our president build roads like this. They can hire Oliver De Coque, Sunny Ade or even Spice girls to help them gain political leverage, I DON'T CARE.
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 12, 2010
doyin13:

Are you a pdp member ?
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by gbengapro: 11:00pm On May 12, 2010
Stupid fools.  So Fashola built a roadway and bravo he is a performing Gov. The man is doing a job he is elected for and the sycophants are at work.  Of course, its also an opportunity for politicians including Fashola to steal more public funds.  Aso ebi, hangers on, singing and dancing etc.  You will think he has just built 10,000 housing units or created thousands of jobs for the jobless.

Our people are just plain mugu. They get easily carried away over nothing.  Other past govs have built bigger and better projects.  Johnson constructed the Bagagry express road and the ikorodu road and falomo bridge.  Jakande built the Lekki road, isolo fly over bridge, yaba fly over, thousands of low cost housing units, LASU etc.  Mudashiru built housing units, ikorodu road, abeokuta motor road etc, Marwa built jakande road, agidingbi road, the house of assembly complex etc. Tinubu built agege motor rd, itire road, ikotun-igando rd etc.  

So what's the big deal with this bridge.  Another media blitz to deceive the people.  This certainly will not make us forget Fashola's corruption allegations.  He should face the charges and Lagosians are more interested in knowing the truth
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by doyin13(m): 11:04pm On May 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Are you a pdp member ?

Lol. . far from it. . . .The same criticism goes
for every bloody political officer in the whole country.

I hate such ceremonies. Why the hell is Jonathan going
to Rivers to launch a power plant and at wat cost.
I can imagine the tab for such a visit would be no less
than a billion.

The project is most welcome. It is pretty sad it has taken
this long and the longest stretch of the expressway has
been served by only one bridge for this long. So I have nothing
but the highest praise for the project.
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by AloyEmeka5: 11:13pm On May 12, 2010
gbengapro:

silly fools.  So Fashola built a roadway and bravo he is a performing Gov. The man is doing a job he is elected for and the sycophants are at work.  Of course, its also an opportunity for politicians including Fashola to steal more public funds.  Aso ebi, hangers on, singing and dancing etc.  You will think he has just built 10,000 housing units or created thousands of jobs for the jobless.

Our people are just plain mugu. They get easily carried away over nothing.  Other past govs have built bigger and better projects.  Johnson constructed the Bagagry express road and the ikorodu road and falomo bridge.  Jakande built the Lekki road, isolo fly over bridge, yaba fly over, thousands of low cost housing units, LASU etc.  Mudashiru built housing units, ikorodu road, abeokuta motor road etc, Marwa built jakande road, agidingbi road, the house of assembly complex etc. Tinubu built agege motor rd, itire road, ikotun-igando rd etc.  

So what's the big deal with this bridge.  Another media blitz to deceive the people.  This certainly will not make us forget Fashola's corruption allegations.  He should face the charges and Lagosians are more interested in knowing the truth

bad belle at its best. I wish you become this fiery when dormant governors like Alao Akala, Imo governor, Katsina governor, Bayelsa governor etc. I am not giving Fashola 100% but he is the best among his peers.

If you have proof that he stole money, do present it here.
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 12, 2010
gbengapro:

silly fools.  So Fashola built a roadway and bravo he is a performing Gov. The man is doing a job he is elected for and the sycophants are at work.  Of course, its also an opportunity for politicians including Fashola to steal more public funds.  Aso ebi, hangers on, singing and dancing etc.  You will think he has just built 10,000 housing units or created thousands of jobs for the jobless.

alaroye, are you saying that fashola has achieved nothing as a governor of lagos state?
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by DisGuy: 11:35pm On May 12, 2010
doyin13:

no tax payers money was used to rent crowds o!!
The people you see there are the entire members of the House of Assemly, neighbouring Local government Chairmen with their young girlfriends and all the Local councillors in lagos state, they had an afterparty with Dj Jimy Jatt on the Decks afterwards! gbori e!!!
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by honeric01(m): 11:36pm On May 12, 2010
come see hold up, traffic, chei, you'd think a terrible accident happened in that area, every car wants to drive through the bridge thereby causing heavy traffic, i overheard a police officer talking on his walkie talkie saying the traffic's been for 3 hours (that was around after 9pm), some people might end up sleeping there oo  grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by DisGuy: 11:37pm On May 12, 2010
Kudos to the Govt though when did the construction start?

I think this is the first time I'm seeing road markings on a newly constructed road that is being commissioned
and the constructors didnt leave the usual leftover sand/stones
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by Osama10(m): 11:39pm On May 12, 2010
I wish delta state government can emulate this guy.
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by babapupa: 11:47pm On May 12, 2010
Osama10:

I wish delta state government can emulate this guy.

Were you not saying just yesterday that his priorities are misplaced,

So why advocate for other state governors to emulate the governor with misplaced priorities?

There's just too many bipolar people on NL I swear,
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by otawa: 11:59pm On May 12, 2010
Kudos to Mr Fashola.

He is doing well for the people of Lagos.

Kudos
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by babapupa: 12:02am On May 13, 2010
gbengapro:

What's wrong with people showing up to celebrate developments in their neighborhoods? It's not like they chained and forced them to show up. This is very normal and they do it everywhere.

It's called neighborhood pride,

This needless bad belle thing is not even making any freeking sense anymore,
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by paddylo1(m): 2:17am On May 13, 2010
Nice bridge kudos to fashola. .
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by paddylo1(m): 2:18am On May 13, 2010
Were you not saying just yesterday that his priorities are  misplaced,

So why advocate for other state governors to emulate the governor with misplaced priorities?

There's just too many bipolar people on NL I swear,

lol. . .
Kudos to the Govt though when did the construction start?
late 2008. . .
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by yemmight(m): 9:59am On May 13, 2010
Good job Fash. Leave those destractors alone and continue the good jobs eko baje ti.
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 13, 2010
BRF.

Cool, Calm and Collected. Working for Lagosians and making Lagos beautiful and better everyday to live in.

Most of the detractors here dont simply live in Lagos to appreciate the "little" efforts of this quiet and focused man.

Eko Oni bajeeee ooo!!!. grin O TI E BAJE TI!!! kiss
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On May 13, 2010
doyin13:

Lol. . far from it. . . .The same criticism goes
for every bloody political officer in the whole country.

I hate such ceremonies. Why the hell is Jonathan going
to Rivers to launch a power plant and at wat cost.
I can imagine the tab for such a visit would be no less
than a billion.

The project is most welcome. It is pretty sad it has taken
this long and the longest stretch of the expressway has
been served by only one bridge for this long. So I have nothing
but the highest praise for the project.

You and me both. . . seems we have no plans of being rid of that culture to over-celebrate in Nigeria.

I can't wait to drive that bridge. . . hope it drastically cuts traffic for commuters. I read somewhere on a new Ikorodu rd. Will wait for that one as I have no plans of moving out of my community any time soon.
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by Moves: 1:40pm On May 13, 2010
This bridge is the best that has happened to that area in 20years, I seen the bridge and it would definately bring relief to the commuters living around the area if well maintained as the improptu market around it could cause a nuisance
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by OAM4J: 3:19pm On May 13, 2010
I lived in Okota for more than 15years and we have a house there. Apart from the construction of okota palace road, this bridge is the best thing that has happened to that area.

Now i miss home and okota now.

Eko oni baje!
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by AloyEmeka5: 9:52pm On May 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You and me both. . .  seems we have no plans of being rid of that culture to over-celebrate  in Nigeria.

I can't wait to drive that bridge.  . .  hope it drastically cuts traffic for commuters. I read somewhere on a new Ikorodu rd. Will wait for that one as I have no plans of moving out of my community any time soon.

People came out to celebrate the road on their own accord. Why crucify Fashola over that?
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by babapupa: 2:05am On May 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You and me both. . . seems we have no plans of being rid of that culture to over-celebrate in Nigeria.

Only a sadist wars against joyous celebrations. How do you quantify celebration to determine over and not over? do celebrations comes in small, large and extra large ? Is it even against the law sef?

Obviously, you are against everything, I honestly think you are against yourself,
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by DrKitaun(m): 12:10pm On May 14, 2010
How come people ever take Kobojunkie serious ?
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by Hardtalk: 2:39am On May 27, 2010
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by nethacker(m): 6:46am On May 27, 2010
gbengapro:

will shut that thing u call a mouth ,up . does it appear to u dat u r making sense with ^^^^^?
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On May 27, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

People came out to celebrate the road on their own accord. Why crucify Fashola over that?
Can you please extract the exact line from my posts there where I crucify the man for this?

A person posts a simple retort and you immediately twist it to suit your delusion there? Or are you in some way announcing you are joining the gang of morons on NL now?
Re: Fashola Inaugurates Okota-itire Bridge by asscend: 5:44pm On May 27, 2010
All those bashing fashola, it will be good if you set up an opposition party and critticise openly. Dont come and hide under this platform and do it.

For the fact Fashola has so many critics shows he is doing so so so so so much.

Oh thanks Alloy for the pictures. We celebrate success. He is doing well for the state. If he is eating money can he please eat more because we can see the works he is doing everyday. What about others that take the money and there is no work done?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Utomi Joins Presidential Race / Reps Reject Motion To Return Police Checkpoints / Bokoharam Release Video Of Life In Thier Caliphate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.