Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" (42940 Views)

Nollywood Actress Ego Boyo Shows Off Here Grey Hair (Photo) / Isabella Idibia Features In "The Mr X Family TV Show" (Photos) / Richard Mofe-Damijo And Ego Boyo Are Back On TV "DramCom" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by anibi9674: 1:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
ok.
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Lord may I remain pretty till my old age...

Amen! kiss
verily verily i say unto you, women age like milk!
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by PierreDeFermath(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
they both look very nice. Africans age well when they live healthy
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Realdeals(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
Only old people can make a meaningful comment on this thread. Do anyone still remember 'Behind the cloud', one of the longest soap opera on TV then.

3 Likes

Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ebuka2016:

verily verily i say unto you, women age like milk!
But she ain't looking bad undecided
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Yoyostic: 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hmm... Checkmate.One of my favorite TV show back then.Loved the Ada and Nduka scenes ehn.

1 Like

Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by hopuhsirlor(m): 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This brings back so much nostalgia.
But it can't be the same without late Francis Agu, Bob-Manuel Udokwu and Kunle Bamtefa.

Ann Haastrup.
The lady who gave RMD erections at every episode shoot.
These two owe their existence to Amaka Igwe.

The Indomie generation who know only The Johnsons and Tinsel won't relate to this.

I can't relate to this, and am not an indomie generation. in my days,, we had aderupoko, babasuwe, iya Oshogbo,baba Sala et al. so, I guess u r d indomie generation.
like for baba suwe, share for RMD

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Proffdada: 1:27pm On Apr 09, 2018
Where's Nkemji ooooooooo! grin
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
I was born then but never watched it.............was busy palying naked undecided
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
But she ain't looking bad undecided
yeah she is lucky.

I dont think, however, that she can escape ageing like milk someday grin
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 1:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ebuka2016:

yeah she is lucky.

I dont think, however, that she can escape ageing like milk someday grin
Lol bad belle... She will not age like milk cause we dey dxame category cheesy
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by chuckjonesautos: 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
yanjutomi:
wow....... checkmate was d thing then......... if u miss d series then ur friends will gist what happened ....... back in d days I missed my ppl if u knw what it means..... Then NTA was d best

Look at how they killed NTA.. chai.. good old days.
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
GOD MAKE ME A STAR
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by FRANKOSKI(m): 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
GOD MAKE ME A STAR .
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by dstar01(m): 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
wow, that Nostalgic feeling when I remember this old TV series along with few others like:

village headmaster
village Masquerade

the rich also cry
highway to heaven
the bold and the beautiful

Wow!
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by holums(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But it can't be the same without late Francis Agu, Bob-Manuel Udokwu and Kunle Bamtefa.

Ann Haastrup.

The Indomie generation who know only The Johnsons and Tinsel won't relate to this.

_In addition to that we have Bimbo Manuel, Zulu Adigwe and Mildred Iweka.............that time Checkmate was a charming TV drama on NTA which is now a shadow of itself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Kog45(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
Badboiz:
Checkmate, there was one gap toothed lady I always crushed on back then...
Kai oh boy u don old o
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by DonBenny77(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
hopuhsirlor:

I can't relate to this, and am not an indomie generation. in my days,, we had aderupoko, babasuwe, iya Oshogbo,baba Sala et al. so, I guess u r d indomie generation.
like for baba suwe, share for RMD

If you are not indomie generation you sure grew up in one Yoruba locality wey all the channels for TV dey show only Yoruba drama, sorry you missed even parents watched checkmate

WTF is Baba suwe abi sala........ How can you compare local champion to an international act.

This one think say na baba something

4 Likes

Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by enonche85(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
I think it's time Nollywood starts to remake it's old classic movies that made name back then...but unfortunately, we only have few of them.
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by stefanweeks: 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Lord may I remain pretty till my old age...

Amen! kiss

Amen too
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Lol bad belle... She will not age like milk cause we dey dxame category cheesy

which category grin

anti-milk-like ageing category
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Krak(m): 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
Badboiz:
Checkmate, there was one gap toothed lady I always crushed on back then...
Emotan was her screen name. Not too sure though.
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by stacyadams: 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
bignero:
grin kiss

ego boyo was and is still sweet to look at kiss

indeed igbo amaka
walai her beauty dey scatter my head even as I small den��
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ebuka2016:

which category grin

Ageing Category? grin

Check out the signature in blue below and click/call to contact us for inquiries.
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Toide: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
I can't wait to watch this icons on set.
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by jemmabond(f): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2018
enonche85:
I think it's time Nollywood starts to remake it's old classic movies that made name back then...but unfortunately, we only have few of them.

I read somewhere Ramsey Nouah purchased the rights to Living In Bondage for a remake, but nothing has happened so far. Personally I'd prefer to see a movie version of Basi & Company, it was funny, but still relevant today.

1 Like

Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by DeeMain(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ann Haastrup.

Surprised.

How old are you please ?
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by Baroba(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ego with her Carribbean hair and pointy nose, her mum was from Barbados cool
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by ajl: 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2018
Realdeals:
Only old people can make a meaningful comment on this thread. Do anyone still remember 'Behind the cloud', one of the longest soap opera on TV then.

Is it not the one with the main actress is "Yinka (?), Barbara Soky.
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by dominique(f): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Proffdada:
Where's Nkemji ooooooooo! grin

That's Uche Obi-Osotule, she's an award winning actress though she's has not been on the scenes for a while now

1 Like

Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ebuka2016:

which category grin

anti-aging
Re: The Mr X Family: RMD & Ego Boyo Return To The Screen 23 Years After "Checkmate" by phemmyfour: 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ann Haastrup.

So you are very old like this and you are behaving like a truant on social media

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Celebrities At The Falz Experience In Lagos / Benjamin Obaze 'Spellz' Weds (Photos) / Prince Munir Nwoko Verified On Instagram (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.