Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner (889 Views)

See What Happened To The Donated Money By Individuals To Fight COVID-19 / How State Governments ‘Pocketed’ N15.5 Trillion LG Allocation / I Will Double Anambra IGR Within Months --madubuko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by OrientDailyNews: 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
By Phil Okose Onitsha

The Anambra State Com­missioner for Transport, Hon. Uche Okafor, has disclosed that 80 per cent of the internally generated rev­enue (IGR) ends up in private pockets instead of government coffers.

Okafor, a former chairman of Oyi Local Government Area made the startling revela­tion while disclosing how he intends to run his newly as­signed ministry of IGR to assist in increasing the revenue base of the state.

According to him, “having been a former special adviser to Governor Willie Obiano on IGR in charge of parks, I have a wide knowledge of what I am sup­posed to do there in the ministry to increase the IGR.”

“I will also decongest the roads, sanitise the ministry and educate the people on the need to be law-abiding because there is much social disorder here that we are going to look into. My appointment is anoth­er challenge for me to do more and I promise Anambra people that they will live a better life.

“I will make sure nobody comes to the street to intimi­date our people thereby bring­ing bad image to state gov­ernment and disturbing the corporate image of the state.

“My ministry is going to be a more friendly ministry and I ap­peal for support from the peo­ple to help me realise what will benefit them”, he pleaded.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/anambra/anambra-igr-pocketed-individuals-commissioner/

Lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by bjayx: 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
Ur title doesn't correspond wit his quote.
Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by ImperialYoruba: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
his newly as­signed ministry of IGR

Im not sure SE people know what IGR is, beyond its definition, or on how to plan and implement it in its most simplistic form and without need for aerial mapping of Awka or the creation of a bureaucracy for its formulation.

Those who pocket Amabra IGR take to Lagos to open shops and lease land to build mansion. A boost to Lagos IGR. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Even an animal knows that Anambra should come second 2nd or third behind only Lagos and Rivers in IGR because of the industries and private businesses there...Industries and businesses alone in Nnewi can boast of 10 billion naira a month, let alone Onitsha and Awka.

1 Like

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
Clinton9000:
Even an animal knows that Anambra should come second 2nd or third behind only Lagos and Rivers in IGR because of the industries and private businesses there...Industries and businesses alone in Nnewi can boast of 10 billion naira a month, let alone Onitsha and Awka.

The animals r only flat heads

Another post for una to boost your low self worth to match d yorubas but it still will not change d fact that...there is nothing of importance in d Eastern region.

Yoruba people best you in everything, businesses, politics, religion, entertainment, sports etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by DawatNama(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Is that why Yoruba feeding is as poor as their housing and their kids stunted and malnourished grin grin grin grin grin

ImperialYoruba:

Im not sure SE people know what IGR is, beyond its definition, or on how to plan and implement it in its most simplistic form and without need for aerial mapping of Awka or the creation of a bureaucracy for its formulation.

Those who pocket Amabra IGR take to Lagos to open shops and lease land to build mansion. A boost to Lagos IGR. grin grin

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by DawatNama(m): 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
After eating this you sleep in this... and you keep asking why your kids are stunted like pygmies grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by Diiet: 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
Instead of admiting the state is poor, he's blaming their inability to improve on igr on corrupt people. Now I understand why they are using keke Napep as ambulance in Anambra.

1 Like

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
DawatNama:
Is that why Yoruba feeding is as poor as their housing and their kids stunted and malnourished grin grin grin grin grin

Igbo people are the poorest set of people in Nigeria bcus they are lazy thinkers.

You should be grateful that the Yoruba people save una asses from starvation and mass death.

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by agadez007(m): 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Diiet:
Instead of admiting the state is poor, he's blaming their inability to improve on igr on corrupt people. Now I understand why they are using keke Napep as ambulance in Anambra.
in Ibadan,what do they need an Ambulance for?
They just severe the heads and legs and private parts of the Dead and sell them in soka forest for 2k

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by kayfra: 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
Clinton9000:

Beating your chest while drowning.

Delusional grin

1 Like

Re: 80% Anambra IGR Pocketed By Individuals –commissioner by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
kayfra:

Beating your chest while drowning.

Delusional grin
they're drowning they didn't know..they're r using this great Yoruba social media to insult us. they don't know say they're shameless.

(1) (Reply)

See Who Buhari Blamed In 1984 For Poor Economy / Africa Hasn't Produce Anything, Still In 17th Century - Aroms Aigbehi / Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons Why PDP Should Field Ibrahim Dankwambo As Candidate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.