Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face (41847 Views)

Boy Who Had Huge Tumor On His Face Shocks Classmates With New Look. Photos / Man Who Had Neurofibroma Smiles After Surgery To Remove Huge Tumor On His Face / Transformation Of Cameroonian Girl With Bow Legs Called A 'Witch' (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Drniyi4u(m): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
A 12-year-old girl can finally smile and eat properly after surgeons removed the football-sized tumour engulfing her face that was killing her.

Known only as Kaltoumi, she was given three months to live as the mass restricted her eating and slowly suffocated her as it grew over five years.

But she was saved after medics aboard the Africa Mercy - a hospital ship providing care to third world countries - docked in Cameroon to perform surgery.

Kaltoumi - who can finally smile and eat properly for the first time in five years - said after the surgery: 'It feels like a heaviness has been lifted from me.'

Known only as Kaltoumi, she was given three months to live as the mass restricted her eating and slowly suffocated her as it grew over five years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5585403/African-girl-12-FOOTBALL-sized-tumour-removed.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Drniyi4u(m): 1:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
Dr Gary Parker, chief medical officer of the charity, described Kaltoumi as the 'poster child' for five billion people unable to access 'timely, affordable, safe surgery' in impoverished countries on the continent.

He added: 'Because of lack of access to the care she needed, a 12-year-old girl ended up with a massive tumour threatening her life.

'A man becomes a creature of his uniform.

'The "uniform" that's put on someone like Kaltoumi, as this tumour relentlessly enlarges, is that you're cursed.'

The Cameroonian government flew Kaltoumi to the port where the Africa docked - and the surgical team worked tirelessly - with precision - to remove the tumour.

Kaltoumi saw her new face in the mirror the next day.

But she was saved after surgeons aboard the Africa Mercy - a hospital ship providing care to third world countries - docked in Cameroon to perform surgery

Kaltoumi - who can finally smile and eat properly for the first time in five years - said after the surgery: 'It feels like a heaviness has been lifted from me'

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Drniyi4u(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
But the road to recovery was long and she returned to the ship several months later to tighten the skin where the tumour sat.

Crew rallied around Kaltoumi, showering her with affection and friendship.

She formed a sisterly bond with volunteer Carys Parker, a chaplain on-board.

Ms Parker said: 'When I first met her, she was reserved and tentative to try new games and activities with me.

'But within a matter of weeks I found it impossible to see Kaltoumi without hearing her laughter and being body slammed by one of her hugs.

'She loves life and she wants to share that love and joy with others. It truly does take a village to bring about such amazing change.'

Kaltoumi dreams of returning to school and finishing her education. She also wants to expand her family's farm and help sell produce at the local market.

'She has the potential to be a world-changer because she has the determination to never give up,' said Dr Parker.

Her biggest dream is to one day be able to marry and have a family of her own - a future that feels possible without the weight of a life-threatening tumour

Crew rallied around Kaltoumi, showering her with affection and friendship. She formed a sisterly bond with volunteer Carys Parker (pictured), a chaplain on-board

Ms Parker said: 'When I first met her, she was reserved and tentative to try new games and activities with me'

4 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by ladyF(f): 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by sinaj(f): 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
White people be saving our ass nd cleaning our mess.
I wonder what the world would av been without them.

The poor girl is lucky

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Drniyi4u(m): 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
sinaj:
White people be saving our ass nd cleaning our mess.
I wonder what the world would av been without them.

The poor girl is lucky
VERY lucky!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Untainted007: 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
Things they happen for this world. I thank you Lord for my life and everyone around me. When you are healthy, you don't know the mighty favour God is doing for your sake.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Gullah: 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
Her face needs one more plastic surgery

15 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Victorakats(m): 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2018
We have tons of these people in Nigeria...

Sometimes I wonder if our government ever notices them...

Or even our popular religious leaders....

But then again... This is humanity for you.

Thank God for her life

7 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Stemkay: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
oga put graphic photo abeg
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Somebodydaddy01: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
Theres a guy in my street with the same problem ....the government gave him money and people contributed for him ....he was duped now

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Topmaike007(m): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
so happy for her ooo...
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Somebodydaddy01: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
Theres a guy in my street with the same problem ....the government gave him money and people contributed for him ....he was duped
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by congorasta: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
we need to remove the tumor in aso rock

6 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by jamesbridget13(f): 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
What a wawu
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Pearllait(f): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
Drniyi4u:
A 12-year-old girl can finally smile and eat properly after surgeons removed the football-sized tumour engulfing her face that was killing her.

Known only as Kaltoumi, she was given three months to live as the mass restricted her eating and slowly suffocated her as it grew over five years.

But she was saved after medics aboard the Africa Mercy - a hospital ship providing care to third world countries - docked in Cameroon to perform surgery.

Kaltoumi - who can finally smile and eat properly for the first time in five years - said after the surgery: 'It feels like a heaviness has been lifted from me.'

Known only as Kaltoumi, she was given three months to live as the mass restricted her eating and slowly suffocated her as it grew over five years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5585403/African-girl-12-FOOTBALL-sized-tumour-removed.html

Yet someone will wake up and say there's no God....

I HAVE A GOD WHO DOES WONDERS.
kudos to the surgeons

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by santricedupas(m): 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2018
and one mumu provost for university of ibadan dey lock medical students out of hostel, what are the medical professors even teaching all these medical students, tumor you can't remove, kidney heart liver uterus transplant dey can't do and still they will still expel medical students away claiming quota system

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by bossperry(m): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
but sickness dey this life oh
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
Humanitarians
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by khalhokage(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
Untainted007:
Things they happen for this world. I thank you Lord for my life and everyone around me. When you are healthy, you don't know the mighty favour God is doing for your sake.

I guess God loves me and you more than this 12 year old girl or maybe he forgot about her abi?

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by Tekashi: 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
Watch as they flood this thread with God
Useless Africans.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by labisibrass(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
God, I know I've always been an ingrate, I'm sorry!

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by kevoh(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pearllait:

kudos to the surgeons
This does not prove god's existence in any way. It only proves there are a bunch of competent western surgeons and doctors aboard a ship willing to help Africans with their skills at no cost and put smiles on their face. Something that your absent god and the whole pastors in Cameroon were unable to do.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by YINKS89(m): 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
Wtf.
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by hadjipapiey(m): 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
SubhaanaLLAH shocked
ALLAH is the greatest!
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by galaxy2020(m): 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
God bless these Doctors, if it were in Nigeria, they will ascribe it to spiritual attack and start 40 days of fasting and praying after which things get worse.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by oyoofong(m): 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Great,let them come and pack those ones use in Lagos to beg for alms.Beautiful!
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
Thanks to God almighty for given us a better brain

Technology has gone so far ..... Nigerians please wake up
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by shapman: 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
Oh wow!
All hail science!

Kindly spare a minute of your precious time to...

Check out this thread, you will love our little Princess and vote her...

https://www.nairaland.com/4414176/princess-success-needs-vote
Re: Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face by nextstep(m): 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pearllait:

kudos to the surgeons

What does the surgical removal of a tumor prove the existence of God - who cynically allowed this tumor to grow on one of his creations? Oh you'll say he was manifesting his presence or some other blurb...

What's really sad is that in 2018, it still takes Westerners to volunteer their time and skills to help out the citizens of African countries... it's like we've not made progress since 1600's... still praising and cursing supernatural beings for totally natural problems that the world figured out how to solve 100 years ago.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Battling With His Life After Bragging And Drinking 6 Bottles Of 42% Alcohol / Mind-boggling Pictures Reveal People Who Have No Problem Taking A Risk( Pics) / Hidden Secrets of Weightloss with Teas/Supplement; Fasting and Keto weight loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.