Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

We Need An Electoral Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need An Electoral Debate (1004 Views)

INEC Warns Against Announcement Of Results, Says It's An Electoral Offence / INEC Warns Against Announcement Of Results, Says It's An Electoral Offence / Fayose Mocks Buhari For Calling INEC Independent Nigeria Electoral Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need An Electoral Debate by Coleslove: 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2007
[b]Fellow Nigerians,

I really appreciate the idea of my brother on his post on Opinion polls in Nigeria by the media. Rather I feel it could be properly addressed as an Electoral Debate. So far I have not seen a credible candidate forthcoming in our 2007 Elections. Most are just having repeated programmes, manifestos, and empty promises. The candidates condemn the outgoing governance to make up popularity for themselves. I have observed that the majorities are voting because of popularity. We are not voting for change or credible change agent. "Charity begins at home" it is said but reverse is the case. The question we should ask is that how many of them have tried to influence their community willingly, with their own sweat and hard earned cash. Not through fund raising and expecting till you get in to power and use the public fund to make the public happy again. What benefit have the community had from the individuals personally? This I why I feel a debate should be held with all contestants. For instance all presidential candidates should be grouped together and questioned one after the other openly and let the public see what kind of wolves we have in sheep’s clothing. The Ministry of Information and National Orientation could do this. I bet you we would have better governance if not, at least 60% better one.

Opinions are welcomed.[/b]
Re: We Need An Electoral Debate by dblock(m): 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2007
Atiku is corrupt
Yar Adua is not Liberal (Sharia was adopted in Katsina state under him)
Buhari is a coup Head

So that leaves Utomi cheesy
Re: We Need An Electoral Debate by Tonyblu(m): 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2007
dblock:

Atiku is corrupt
Buhari is a coup Head

A heavy analysis u done there dude!

@Coleslove:
Nice idea and it's worth a TRY!

An OPEN debate, with NO-HOLDS-BARRED will do us well to tackle these people on WHAT VALUE THEY HAVE TO OFFER.

I'll suggest some questions:
What will they do to correct/repair the level of MORALITY in Nigeria?
What will they do to uplift the personality of the next man on the street?
Will "Complete STRIPPING / confistication of assets be imposed on all Corrupt persons?

Cheers.
Re: We Need An Electoral Debate by omokayode9258(m): 9:11pm On May 18, 2013
dblock: Atiku is corrupt
Buhari is a coup Head

d blok, m serios, u must be a biga fool frm world of form, what is d relatnshp btw d said discus nd ur coment, ur level of reasnin has shown dt ur leada utomi or what wil be exact same like, we need a reasnable nigerian to com on board nt shameles pple like ur boss who has acquird wealth jst to bcom more arogance to his pple. We dnt want him. Let dr be debate as said by my frnd nd lets ask what they hv 4 us if they ar votd in. Abeg reasn nd nt comntn like a fool wtout reasnin fac

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Ptdf The Truth Is Out. (liar) / The Blame Game / Am Mentally Tired Of Dis People.obj And El Rufai Shared All D Land In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.