Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? (37370 Views)

For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? / What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by docadams: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
dozymars:
You will find some of these cars alive in the east. Specifically in Enugu

You are quiet right!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by brightlinse(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
Peugeot 504 saloon , the best ever shocked
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
My dad was highly obsessed with Peugeot 504's. Growing up, everyone on our street in Gbagada knew us as that weird family with several 504's and some of my friends in class used to mock me over it in primary school. He had 4 different models of various colours and generations of the 504: all official vehicles from FIRS, and he was the one requesting them even though he had other options. He also had an ancient Peugeot 505 and Volkswagen Santana. My mum eventually raised plenty of dust before he got rid of all those scrap and got himself something made in the last 20 years. grin
He still parked one of those 504's in the village and drives it till today.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by chymes0359(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
Facebooker:
That old 504 reminds me of my first car sex.
When my neighbour stole his daddy's key which was a Peugeot 504
then and asked me to come and see something. He got me inside
and locked the door and bleeped the shit out of me that day.
He changed me that very day even though.
I was quite young and It was such a messy experience.
who tha f*ck is this!
The owner of this body should please come and carry him!
Him done dey misbehave

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
vickydevoka:
505 evolution. still De rock am till today #no shaking
Pics or i don't believe it grin
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by docadams: 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2018
tico1212:
No Toyota dasun?

Oh God! A car that car withstand all manners of abuse. If you like starve it of fuel it will still drive. It is Toyota DATSUN not Dasun.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by vickydevoka(m): 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
dumo1:
Pics or i don't believe it grin
if u come jos or banue all those cars plenty lyk water

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by phemmyfour: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
wwwtortoise:
Peugeot 504 saloon

My dad is addicted to this motor car.
Maybe because he doesn't need a mechanic to fix it when it's faulty.

He knows the car and the car knows him . grin
wink
That car almost turn me to a mechanic
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by ademibolaa(m): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2018
landrover
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by RealMillennial(m): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
The Landlords quoting the entire post... I dey greet o. weh done oo
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by reidkrugger(m): 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2018
Your list is incomplete without the Citroen.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by Rebuke: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
jonero4:
and i will send me CV if required...i can see why u r unemployed.

Enemy of progress. member of village people.

If only yhu are half smart as yhu want to make us believe, it shouldn't be too difficult for yhu to see it was jxt a typographical error.

The guy typed well, jxt the "me" instead of "my" and yhu are displaying yhur village people membership.
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by sonnie10: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2018
No santana, citreon or Opel record?
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by sonnie10: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
reidkrugger:
Your list is incomplete without the Citroen.

Or Toyota Crown
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by godofuck231: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
Range rover, beetle and an old Thunder bird
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Facebooker:
That old 504 reminds me of my first car sex.
When my neighbour stole his daddy's key which was a Peugeot 504
then and asked me to come and see something. He got me inside
and locked the door and bleeped the shit out of me that day.
He changed me that very day even though.
I was quite young and It was such a messy experience.
How old were you then?
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by ashawopikin(m): 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2018
the one and only peogeot 505, when i was a kid, i use to say that will be the first car i will buy, now even if dem dash me, i no go collect
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by ceejay80s(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2018
peogeot 505 and 504
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by pascalbenz: 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
jonero4:
and i will send me CV if required...i can see why u r unemployed.
you self, you no dey see somthing comot eye ?
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by ArinzeRaph: 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
deji17:
Where is Ijapa?
as in ijapaki
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by Bimpe29: 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2018
Peugeot 504 it's. With this unique number KW 3883 D.
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by vroy(m): 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
my papa still dey cruise his Benz 230 till date
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by Mboi2: 6:22pm On Apr 10, 2018
Mr Poster you missed Toyota Crown, Toyota Cresida, Mercedes Gwagon 1980s models
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by Mboi2: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
naptu2:
W126 S Class, Volkswagen Santana and Peugeot 505 Evolution.

(We also had a blue Peugeot 404 Station Wagon).

The Golf GTI should be on that list.
Golf should not be on the list na, it's still new oga
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by jonero4(m): 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
Rebuke:

Enemy of progress. member of village people.

If only yhu are half smart as yhu want to make us believe, it shouldn't be too difficult for yhu to see it was jxt a typographical error.

The guy typed well, jxt the "me" instead of "my" and yhu are displaying yhur village people membership.

what is he progressing for...FTC off point ...why is he bringing his joblessnes into this topic?..mr employer go and give him job.
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by Born2Breed(f): 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
No Toyota Crown?
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by naptu2: 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
Mboi2:

Golf should not be on the list na, it's still new oga

That Golf GTI was produced from 1983-1992. It was one of the most popular cars in Nigeria during the Yuppie era of the 1980s.

The most popular yuppie cars were the 190E (produced from 1983 onwards) aka Baby Benz, the W124 Mercedes Benz aka V-Boot (produced from 1985 onwards), the Peugeot 505 Evolution (produced from c1987 onwards) and the Volkswagen Golf GTI.
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by tico1212(m): 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2018
docadams:

Oh God! A car that car withstand all manners of abuse. If you like starve it of fuel it will still drive. It is Toyota DATSUN not Dasun.

I'm telling you, thanks for the correction. The last time I saw that car was 1989 or 1990 can't really say.
Old man rock the car ehn
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by DaudaAbu(m): 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
That volvo 244 GL dat nigerians are now converting to pick up?

Dat car still dey... people are serioisly looking for it in the north
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by badoh(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
Don't forget Daewoo Racer
Re: Which Of These Cars That Ruled Nigeria In The Past Was Your Favourite? by 360command: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
EndtimeJudge:

Please i need a job. I studied Mass Communication. and I am sure i can do any job aside science related jobs
I believe God can use you for me, and i will send me CV if required. Thank you
go and teach in primary schools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge / Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque / See What Happens When The Boot Of A Car Becomes Inadequate (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.