Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me (45312 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / Man Breaks Up With His Fiancee Because Of High Cost Of Bride Price / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 2:20am On Apr 11, 2018
My fiance and I have been dating for the past 3years. I attained 24 last week, I wanted to get married to her last year but I just wanted to wait till I attain 24.

The problem I have now is my mom. She is opposing our marriage because my fiancee is 5 years older than me, I'm 24 while she's 29. My dad has already endorsed the marriage, I'd have liked to go on with the marriage but I don't think going into marriage without both parents blessing is sensible that's why I need my mom's blessing and endorsement.

My fiance has good character, she's very kind and intelligent, I can't afford to lose her because of pressures from my mom at least I'm an adult.

I don't know what's happening, my mom endorsed our relationship but she doesn't endorse our marriage just because she's 5years older than me. The thing is, I can't leave this lady ,not now not ever, she have done so many things for me.

in fact she even promised to provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage!. She is rich, yes she is, the house I'm in living in now belongs to her, I moved in with her in 2016.

The truth is I love her and I can't afford to lose her because of my mom's wish. Both her parents and my dad have given us go ahead for marriage but my mom still doesn't want me to marry because of age and my fiance is beautiful.

I don't know what do now ,that's why I think I need advice from you guys,.I don't know if I should go ahead with the marriage without my mom's endorsement/blessings.

please advice

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by SafetyFirst(m): 3:00am On Apr 11, 2018
Boy, listen to your mother o!

242 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 3:15am On Apr 11, 2018
SafetyFirst:
Boy, listen to your mother o!

please I need serious advice. I can't afford to lose her
.not now ,not ever.

10 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 3:53am On Apr 11, 2018
it's only in this century that we see it as a bad thing..

there are many couples out there who are also like u .....just like Peter okoye amongst others.

URS is just 5yrs that of Peter is 7yrs ..

age is not a barrier.

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:10am On Apr 11, 2018
later guys will start calling us golddiggers, so what are you guys going to call this one

thief go and marry your mate lipsrsealed

oildigger!!
ole, you better go and marry your mate, ,no wonder biacan said you depend on a commissioner's daughter for livelihood.

thief angry

171 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by BdorianGray(m): 4:16am On Apr 11, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
later guys will start calling us golddiggers, so what are you guys going to call this one

oildigger!!
ole, you better go and marry your mate, ,no wonder biacan said you depend on a commissioner's daughter for livelihood.

thief angry

Please don't do it.. Not again...he needs help OK..

87 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by BdorianGray(m): 4:34am On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:

please I need serious advice. I can't afford to lose her
.not now ,not ever.

Pb.. I doubt if this is ur story.. Or even a true story..But whatever the case is, u should be sure if her main reason for not giving her consent is just the age snag? Cos its likey that she sees or feels something..like it dosent go well with her inner self.
I think some mums can be more intuitive when it comes to their sons trying to get married. You may wanna probe deeper into that..
Every man wanna stay married, maybe happily married not just get married..

May the Gods help you. Cheers.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Cutehector(m): 4:36am On Apr 11, 2018
Your mum is right and she is a woman so listen to her. In as much as the love is sweeting you, don't forget reality. Because it will set in anyways and you will realise how much mistake you made.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 4:42am On Apr 11, 2018
BdorianGray:

Pb.. I doubt if this is ur story.. Or even a true story..But whatever the case is, u should be sure if her main reason for not giving her consent is just the age snag? Cos its likey that she sees or feels something..like it dosent go well with her inner self.
I think some mums can be more intuitive when it comes to their sons trying to get married. You may wanna probe deeper into that..
Every man wanna stay married, maybe happily married not just get married..

May the Gods help you. Cheers.

what proof do you want? do you think I'm a jobless guy that waste hours to compose fake stories to Garner likes? I'm talking about reality and you're saying another thing.
yes, age is the main reason why my mom doesn't want us to get married. I don't know if she harbours other intentions but that's the reason she gave.

11 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 4:44am On Apr 11, 2018
there are always things to joke about and things not to joke about.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by lwanga1993: 5:03am On Apr 11, 2018
my dear check yourself.. are you really ready to settle down ?.. do you really love this fiance of yours unconditionally regardless of the things you benefit from her...... because from your write up all i can see is a kinda naive boy who wants to shortcut his hustle by marrying an already made woman....... and lemme remind you..based on your write up.. i think the girl is the one proposing marriage here.

NB: if person help you.. tell am thank you. you mist not return the favour with marriage.

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by micgray100(m): 5:07am On Apr 11, 2018
Bro... At age 24.. It depends what you see...

Some guys like you see just the money she have now more than you, or sees the sweet attitude she has now.. Hmm.. Human being changes when they get what they want..

Think well.. I am sure your mum is seeing something you are not.. And your dad accepting her, is all dad that will accept cos the lady will be Everly young in your dad face...
If you ready for all the challenge of friends in future getting to know your ages... Carry go.. If not.. Listen to your mum.. Work hard and get your own house.. Make your own money, then you decide..

Get your company registered through my signature..

19 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 5:38am On Apr 11, 2018
Give your mom an ultimatum: I'm getting married that's final, either you come or you don't come. Age doesn't play any role in marriage.. if you are matured enough and so is she then I see why not? My GF is 10 years older than me and I currently don't care. Both our families know.

22 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 11, 2018
Cutehector:
Your mum is right and she is a woman so listen to her. In as much as the love is sweeting you, don't forget reality. Because it will set in anyways and you will realise how much mistake you made.

Dude there's no regrets. Let her marry someone that lives him and he live her. What if he leaves this lady now and enters an unhappy marriage? Let him marry the girl jare.

15 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Preshy561(f): 5:47am On Apr 11, 2018
5years chaa.cryshocked

7 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by phemmyfour: 6:01am On Apr 11, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

oildigger!!

thief angry
The lady is not complaining. Don't be jealous if no rich man come your way.

Poverty begats poverty!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Preshy561(f): 6:02am On Apr 11, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

oildigger!!

thief angry
take it easy madam.
Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by mikejj(m): 6:06am On Apr 11, 2018
if she is earning morethan you sorry bro end it... or else after the marriage she becomes the husband u become the wife

32 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 6:07am On Apr 11, 2018
lwanga1993:
my dear check yourself.. are you really ready to settle down ?.. do you really love this fiance of yours unconditionally regardless of the things you benefit from her...... because from your write up all i can see is a kinda naive boy who wants to shortcut his hustle by marrying an already made woman....... and lemme remind you..based on your write up.. i think the girl is the one proposing marriage here.

NB: if person help you.. tell am thank you. you mist not return the favour with marriage.

did you miss the part where I said we've been dating for 3years?
yes I need to settle down, I'm a graduate and she's too.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 6:09am On Apr 11, 2018
micgray100:
Bro... At age 24.. It depends what you see...

Some guys like you see just the money she have now more than you, or sees the sweet attitude she has now.. Hmm.. Human being changes when they get what they want..

Think well.. I am sure your mum is seeing something you are not.. And your dad accepting her, is all dad that will accept cos the lady will be Everly young in your dad face...
If you ready for all the challenge of friends in future getting to know your ages... Carry go.. If not.. Listen to your mum.. Work hard and get your own house.. Make your own money, then you decide..

bro at least at 24 I've achieved basic things in life.
I just want to know if I should go ahead without my mom's endorsement and bleasings.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by phayvoursky(m): 6:14am On Apr 11, 2018
OP, mother is trying to protect you from calling your wife aunty or madam in few years to come.

Your wife owns the house and probably gives money for upkeep like Okon the houseman.

Mr man go and look for a job or join gee boys. One must pay you.

You don't love that lady, you love her money and I'm reporting you to her.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 6:43am On Apr 11, 2018
phayvoursky:
OP, mother is trying to protect you from calling your wife aunty or madam in few years to come.

Your wife owns the house and probably gives money for upkeep like Okon the houseman.

Mr man go and look for a job or join gee boys. One must pay you.

You don't love that lady, you love her money and I'm reporting you to her.

I've my own money.

sorry our love is genuine

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Shugarlord213: 6:58am On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:

I've my own money.

sorry our love is genuine

Marry her she is obviously better than some jobless girls with Mtn 1200 subscription

Make your own money and do your normal for her. If your mama no free no send am too. Na your life now not hers..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Darkseid(m): 7:03am On Apr 11, 2018
While I don't see anything bad in marrying someone older than you, you need to have something that would make her respect you. In your case, she is older, richer and you are also living in her house; honestly bro, I just pray you don't become the houseboy after marriage.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 7:11am On Apr 11, 2018
Shugarlord213:

Marry her she is obviously better than some jobless girls with Mtn 1200 subscription

Make your own money and do your normal for her. If your mama no free no send am too. Na your life now not hers..

thanks bro.. your comment is highly appreciated

once again, Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 7:12am On Apr 11, 2018
Darkseid:
While I don't see anything bad in marrying someone older than you, you need to have something that would make her respect you. In your case, she is older, richer and you are also living in her house; honestly bro, I just pray you don't become the houseboy after marriage.

okay.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 11, 2018
U had mention she is rich and u stay with her. Guy u be gold digger.

22 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2018
yeyerolling:
U had mention she is rich and u stay with her. Guy u be gold digger.

I don't understand.

I need advice not insults please

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2018
prechbills1:

I don't understand.

I need advice not insults please
parental blessing has no impact on the success of a marriage. Call her bluff

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by Jman06(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2018
You for kuku go marry your mama age mate na.

You no get shame

10 Likes

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:45am On Apr 11, 2018
men age like wine while women age like milk. God created Adam first before Eve so a man should be older than the woman. in the next 20 years when she must have finished giving birth she will definitely look far older than you as if she is the one that gave birth to you. secondly for you to move into a woman's house and for her to agree to sponsor the marriage is an error. you will loose your authority and respect as the head of the Family because from the look of things she will still be the one to cater for you after marriage.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me by prechbills1(m): 7:49am On Apr 11, 2018
FromZeroToHero:
men age like wine while women age like milk. God created Adam first before Eve so a man should be older than the woman. in the next 20 years when she must have finished giving birth she will definitely look far older than you as if she is the one that gave birth to you. secondly for you to move into a woman's house and for her to agree to sponsor the marriage is an error. you will loose your authority and respect as the head of the Family because from the look of things she will still be the one to cater for you after marriage.
she'd only provide 80% of the things needed for the marriage, I'd provide 20.

I don't know why you guys reason this way

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Wonderful Relationship Is About To Suffocate / Questions Some Ladies Ask Their Ex-Boyfriends / She Said She Can't Marry Me, But Now, She Wants Me To Marry Her, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.