Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

"3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady (18194 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by sinola(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2018
CastedAyo:
A London-based lady on Twitter with the handle @Diamsraven has taken to the micro-blogging platform to narrates how she was fired unjustly at her place of work for reporting a much older coworker for sexual harassment.

According to her, after filling the complaint, she was told something would be done but nothing was done. Rather, she was fired.

Read her tweets below;
"3 weeks ago, I reported a much older co-worker for sexual harassment, was told something was going to be done about it (nothing was done)

Today I got called to the office thinking that we were going to discuss the issue, instead i’ve been fired from my post.

Nothing in that meeting addressed anything I reported. Instead they all of a sudden feel that i’m not “right” for the post

I’m so angry. Not because I lost my job but because it took a lot out of me to report this man. I was scared that I would lose my job but I did it anyways knowing his long history with other female colleagues at our post and their similar complaints which has gone unheard

Have also found out the two female colleagues who had reported him had since left the post with no notice whilst I was away.

I have just been informed (with screenshot conversations where he was laughing at the fact that he was already informed of my firing) that the person I had reported was made aware that I would be fired from my post before I even knew anything about it.

I didn’t have much quarrels with my manager but this is highly unprofessional & just further lets me know that I wasn’t fired because I was not right for the job but because she favours a pervert instead

It is sickening to me how another woman (especially a mother) can literally treat another woman like shit for fighting for women’s rights"

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/3-weeks-after-reporting-a-much-older-coworker-i-was-fired-from-my-job-lady.html

Please expose the name of the organisation if what you are saying is true
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Burgerlomo: 8:45am On Apr 12, 2018
Oya forward match right now to the attorneys office with the AK 47 weapon in your possession, which of course is the screenshots of the conversations between you and the motherfucker senior colleague cool
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by 4Play(m): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2018
tetula123:
Mind you, I am not saying the girl wasn't harassed but with the rate at which ladies claim one form of abuse or the other when ever it involves men(which sometimes are lies) , I am always skeptical about stories like this.

You people always use this faux neutrality line to undermine the credibility of female accusers. Of course, there is a problem of false female accusers but there is an arguably larger problem of men who get away with harassing women because the harassed woman lacks the courage to complain or because harassment apologists like you impugn their motives.

6 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by maxiuc(m): 8:51am On Apr 12, 2018
This your name though

Raven the stingy bird that refused to feed it's chicks

Raven so sorry dear
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by nonix22(m): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2018
office Politics tinz

As your moniker implies, You may now fly away
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by kingthreat(m): 9:09am On Apr 12, 2018
I dont blame the company. The guy must have been indispensable and you were dispensable.

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2018
I don't believe any story from a social media (especially twitter and instagram) user.

Had it been the MODs indicated the source, I wouldn't have viewed the thread.

Social media (especially twitter and instagram) is filled with fake news from fake people, mostly jobless folks, who are trying so hard to be relevant.

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Anwons(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2018
The issue of sexual harassment in work has turned normal to many establishments.
My experience as a man on it made me believe that it can't be stopped because those that are in position (women) to stop it are the ones celebrating it.

They are here in nairaland commenting like saints but they are only pretenders.

Most women sees it as advantage to get what they want and to keep their jobs.

Don't be surprised that the woman that fired that lady is jealouse of her because she is doing it and how come another lady wants to keep her head high?
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by SaroWiwa: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2018
I am ashamed at how people talk down about sexual harassment in work place. Just wait until someone, either your mother or wife or sister or daughter or any of your female friends or relatives are a victim, then you will know that this is not an issue to joke about. This our mentality of seeing women as sex symbol is too bad. The truth is that many cases are not reported, just to save their jobs.

If you have any of these female folks who are working, ask them what they pass through in their places of work, you'll be shock.

I have seen where a male boss is pressing the brest and grabbing the buttocks of a female staff and she can't do anything or even stopped him, not because she enjoys it, but the fear of losing her job. It's a shame and should be discouraged in the work places.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by adexbols: 9:57am On Apr 12, 2018
More so, ladies who do not dress well or respect themselves professionally are the main victims of such acts. There is a way a lady carries herself that even the devil will think twice before approaching such a lady.

#Dress and act as you will like to be addressed.

tetula123:
Mind you, I am not saying the girl wasn't harassed but with the rate at which ladies claim one form of abuse or the other when ever it involves men(which sometimes are lies) , I am always skeptical about stories like this.

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by 400billionman: 10:04am On Apr 12, 2018
BleSSedMee:
Sorry girl. This is the way of the world. It's a sad one.

With this, I'm sure she'd get a better job offer.

Which better offer, the office must have weighed sacking either the pervert or herself and discovered that the office can do without her but cannot do without the man, was she useful on her job function and got sacked?
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by introvertedsoul: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2018
You don't have a job. . . so nothing to lose.
If you have substantial evidence, sue and enjoy your money.
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 12, 2018
She should have told us the kind of harassment
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by 400billionman: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2018
You are addressed by the way you dress
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Boss13: 10:16am On Apr 12, 2018
mayorkyzo:
I wouldn't jump to conclusion since did not hear the whole story.. A whole lot of things can be considered as sexual harassment..he might simply be asking the lady for a date or flirting with her and she claims sexual harassment..

Fair point - noticed how she used the word - much older colleague. Some women, especially the Me Too campaign has made sexual harassment a loose term. If a woman is interested in you, it’s flirting and if she is not, it’s sexual harassment.

Companies must review their policy on Office Romance, which occurs virtually in many organizations. Whilst, it’s a shame she lost her job, she should try to understand office politics and dynamics. That colleague may be a top performer in the company and the company do not intend to lose him.

The least the company should have done was to investigate the issue.
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2018
adexbols:
More so, ladies who do not dress well or respect themselves professionally are the main victims of such acts. There is a way a ladies carries herself that even the devil will think twice before approaching such a lady.

So it is the dressing that caused this abi.
Trying to justify sexual harrasment.

The lady should report to a ministry that deals on such cases and try get justice.
Let them investigate the allegation.

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by prechbills1(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2018
hisgrace090:
They're partners in what the man did, so you reporting one to them means reporting all.

They want to use you as a deterant to others, so that non can question their advances again.

If it is easy in Nigeria you can sue them to court.

in which Nigeria ?
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by beeyourduhn(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2018
Want to launch a World-class career?*

THE REFINERY, Nigeria's Topmost Career Development Program prepares you for any global 21st Century workplace!
Learn soft & technical skills required for HR, Investment Bank, Accounting & Audit, Consulting and other Business careers and get interviewed for a slot to intern in top Investment banks in London, Canada and US this summer.
To apply visit http://tlt.mn/theref
To apply for a Career coach today visit http://tlt.mn/ccentre
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by prechbills1(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Xisnin:

That is what you are saying and that is what you say in every case where a pervert is reported.
You are not alone though, there are others like you who undermines every harassment story because
they are scared of being outed themselves.

hey I've always observed your posts on topics like this.

do you realize that many ladies falsely accuse men of rape falsely? and also sexusl harassment

70% of these stories are always fake/blackmail.

I'd start taking these stories serious after government enacts a false rape, sexual harassment accusations law.

it's then that people will say the truth.
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Truthsbitter: 12:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
social media ain't a fvcking court house !
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by jabolo(m): 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2018
4Play:

You people always use this faux neutrality line to undermine the credibility of female accusers. Of course, there is a problem of false female accusers but there is an arguably larger problem of men who get away with harassing women because the harassed woman lacks the courage to complain or because harassment apologists like you impugn their motives.

Absolutely, but watch out for Part 2 of this story if it is as she says. It's in the UK so lawyers are probably sharpening pencils right now to run with the case on a pro-bono basis even, and she's set for a massive payoff.
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
prechbills1:

in which Nigeria ?
You mean this same Nigeria
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by sidnazious(m): 5:34am On Apr 13, 2018
Get a good lawyer... You have a winning case if all the info is correct. The company will definitely pay. The Nigeria labour law covers that.
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by laudate: 10:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
omoadeleye:
you already know that your fired is inevitable if you should report yet you go on and report, now you are fired, cant you try and use your brain to settle this privately before casting your sh*ts out, so you want to make a report so that they can fire the other guy? well, the guy has a sexuall feelings for you, he is just weird that he dosnt know how to place it to you to your taste, you called it sexual harrasment but the man will be thinking of being romantic, he was just determined of finding every possible means of chopping your kpomo, so next time you should always try and settle things amicably, this sexual feelings and not a murder case dumbass

Your post must be the most daft response, anyone has ever written on NL.

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by laudate: 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
adexbols:
More so, ladies who do not dress well or respect themselves professionally are the main victims of such acts. There is a way a ladies carries herself that even the devil will think twice before approaching such a lady.

Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by rafcrown(m): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2018
***PLEASE APPROACH EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.UNFAIR DISMISSAL,SEXUAL HARASSMENT ETC.
They must explain some facts.
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Kwenty: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
Kingsley1000:
STUPID GIRL,SINCE U WANT AN INCREMENT IN REMUNERATION,WHY WOULD U EXPOSE THE SEXUAL ASSULT BY UR BOSS...most guys are forced to pay money to secure a job,some got bleeped by the female boss,none of them complained
Are you ok?
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by Kwenty: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
I pity women in Nigeria. They must be blamed for every misfortune that comes their way, even when they are victimised. Nairaland men must look for a way to blame and ridicule women in every story, yet they won't stay on their own o.
God dey see all of you.
Re: "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady by TradeFxMT5: 3:42am On May 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Boss I greet you

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAAPE Shuts Down Bristow Helicopters Over Sack Of 13 Nigerian Pilots,10 Engineer / Should I Sack My Driver Or Not? / With Third Class Degree Is Their Any Hope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.