Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi (39565 Views)

SARS Officer Who Killed Ram Seller, Paraded - Made To Sit On The Ground. Photos / SARS Shoots Ram Seller Dead At A Market In Kogi (Graphic Photos) / Yahoo Boys Weep As SARS Officer Threatens To Kill Them [VIDEOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by delzbaba(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
There goes the only honest SARS officer, a moment's silence for him as well as for his victim!

He was honest enough to query his own past highhandedness, callousness & recklessness. No, he didn't blame God, his victim, alcohol or the devil!

He even cried profusely like they all do but the damage was already done.

I daresay, extracts from proceedings of cases like this should be replayed again and again as case-studies for Police Academy trainees with various humanitarian lessons & viewpoints drummed into their skulls to curb their murderous animalistic tendencies.
him eye Don clear, that's all
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by SalamRushdie: 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

it can still fall on someone's head in the next village grin

I would exhausted all it's lethal velocity at the apogee of the climb and fall at slower non lethal speeds which can't be fatal to anyone
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by kenodrill: 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
That serves him right!
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by 2day6(m): 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
hmm village people at work. why did he shoot in the first place. they should just kill him too.
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I would exhausted all it's lethal velocity at the apogee of the climb and fall at slower non lethal speeds which can't be fatal to anyone

flying cockroach don ever hit you for nite? grin

3 Likes

Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by eluquenson(m): 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
So sad he lost his job so cheaply cos of ego and power behind the barrel of gun.
It is well with your family
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by jrusky(m): 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2018
See this fool asking what has he done to himself Mr you a very stupid to asked such question. When SARS or HIV was created were you told to just be killing people anyhow Then shut da f u c k of your mouth and go back to your village this will be a lesson to your colleagues.

Few days back in Lagos alone over 4 innocent souls has be wasted for no reason in the hand of SARS or HIV or whatever useless name they called them.

Mr man what you have done to yourself is you killed innocent soul and for that reason return to your village as a dismissed officer and go and farm. Do you understand now?
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by blakky97(m): 12:16pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lipscomb:
This case should be Throw away because the ram seller was killed by mistake not intentionally.
i was wondering if no one else saw this. he knocked down someone, he scared a crowd capable of dispensing jungle justice. he didnt kill intentionally

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by Afritop(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
Will he be arraigned in court assuming the victim is igbo or an ipob member
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by BluntBoy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 12, 2018
Very stupid decision, a classic example of what our police force represents. Stupid and unprofessional.

You want to scare the mob away while awaiting backup and the only thing you could think to do was shoot at the tarred road. Whatever happened to shooting into the air Where do they train these policemen for heaven's sake And yet, they want the FG to provide them weapons. The little they have, they can't even use them judiciously without harming civilians. Reminds me of news that made FP last year. A policeman was chasing two purse snatchers that were getting away on a bike and he was shooting squarely at them. What nonsense. What if bullets hit innocent civilians
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by eneojoedu(m): 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
see twisted story abeg. the police guy hit a pedestrian with a bike and was claiming right, a group of people at the market led by the ram seller whom the accident happened in front of his shop, confronted him and insists he takes the injured to the hospital for treatment which he refused, he called his colleagues and still in the process of the brouhaha, there was a gunshot and next mallam was down with bullet to the head. but on a serious note ehn the police guy was programmed by his village people cos immediately he killed the man , his eyes became clear and he realized what he has done. eyewitness account. see as being broke keep me for here dey write long story, lol. abeg who get any small money wey he no use again?? pls tell me my send my account number. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by Actuarydeji(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2018
Oyebee91:
What will now happen to the rest of sars members that have been killing innocent ppl?
Nothing maw! Because they've not killed an Hausa/Fulani man.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by Optional09: 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2018
They SARS kill people everyday in Lagos and Ogun no body has gone to court talkless of loosing their job. Something is going on in Nigeria and people are not paying attention
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by petitejolie(f): 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
SalamRushdie:
You fire an AK 47 rifle onto a hard surface and didn't expect a dangerous ricochet? Sir it's your dull brain that did this to you , in your next life fire all warning shots into the air at 160 - 175 degrees angle and all will be well
ah! air Ke? it might pierce through the bombom of a plane ND hit a passenger or it myt hit a human in bird form. so it's better dey point d gun at demselves
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by BadBradley: 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2018
dainformant:

According to Amuda Dan Sulaiman, the accused, who was brought to the magistrate’s court in handcuffs, cried profusely on the premises.

“What have I done to myself? What did I do? Call my wife for me,” he said.

why are people who readily take the lives of others so mindful of their own lives?
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by solacegist: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
“Reverse Illegal Increases In Fees Or Face Legal Action“ – SERAP Warns UI, AAUA
http://delenewsonline.com/reverse-illegal-increases-in-fees-or-face-legal-action-serap-warns-ui-aaua/
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by teemy(m): 1:27pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lipscomb:
This case should be Throw away because the ram seller was killed by mistake not intentionally.
I is still manslaughter at the very least as he was not supposed to shoot at a crowd. Even the police that employed him should be sued and settlement made to the man's family as it is one of its employees that caused the death.

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by doczero: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
Suddenly, the hunter became the hunted. Funny how reality can dawn on a fool.
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by Offpoint: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

it can still fall on someone's head in the next village grin
gringrin Na village people control that one...
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by greggng: 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
This is a dead case. I am not in support of anyone taking another persons life but truth must be told, in self defense, he is expected to use his gun otherwise he will be mobbed . From the account of this story, the man is a free man. They should go after those that deliberately kill innocent Nigeria. He used his gun to scar away the mob unfortunately it killed someone.
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by Buffalo2(m): 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Now he knows that their usual song of "I will kill you and nothing will happen" holds no water. It's his family I just pity. Very useless set of thugs called SARS
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
Shot at tarred road..........

What did he expect? Hadn't the olodo heard heard of a ricochet before?

He should be hung for being stupid, not for homicide.

His dumbness is oven-baked.
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by benswagtt(m): 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
IdeyFindWife:
There goes the only honest SARS officer, a moment's silence for him as well as for his victim!

He was honest enough to query his own past highhandedness, callousness & recklessness. No, he didn't blame God, his victim, alcohol or the devil!

He even cried profusely like they all do but the damage was already done.

I daresay, extracts from proceedings of cases like this should be replayed again and again as case-studies for Police Academy trainees with various humanitarian lessons & viewpoints drummed into their skulls to curb their murderous animalistic tendencies.
like seriously? "murderous animalistic tendencies"
I don't know know where you got your facts bro,buh I think u're delusional
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by IdeyFindWife: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2018
benswagtt:

like seriously? "murderous animalistic tendencies"
I don't know know where you got your facts bro,buh I think u're delusional
Ah, you'd be needing to get out of your comfort zone more then. Your viewpoint may be right from where you've related with some well-mannered, well trained officers but even from the continuous reportage on national dailies of unabated police & army brutality, you should know the nation is in trouble, how much more, when you seeing the filthy seediness of our military from the insider point of view as I have. I can speak well on the NPF, NSCDC, NIS, Prisons, DSS, EFCC, Immigrations & Nigerian Army, the rest I have not had close dealings with the rest.

Try and get to know what happens in some cadres of the force (& I'm not talking bar-room stories). Understand the functions and duties of some operational units of the NPF & various paramilitary servicse.

With the oath, the work schedule, the discipline, the regimented nature of the job plus low pay, on-the- job frustrations, endemic institutionalized corruption and life-threatening hazards they often face, the best of men have been known to crack and fail. The faint-of-heart, the indisciplined, the corrupt and the "over-sharp" decide not to end shabbily like that. They start cutting corners and become dangers they themselves to the very populace they are charged to protect. The scenarios are endless but the Modus Operandi is often the same: the deal with people predicated on those ruthlessly vicious animalistic tendencies you don't want to hear about.

To the family of this dead guy, will you be able to argue against that? Would good conscience permit you to eulogize 'police-is-your-friend" logic changing meaningless, unworkable, PR mantras? Would you risk his family beating you up on an attempt to show them stats of the "good police" when police officers are always on the news, daily, for one crime, misdemeanor or felony or another? The officers committing those crime, are they ghosts?

Find out from your lawyer friends what the commonman on the street, without expensive legal representation feels. Find out where they often and up. Fund out what the masses pass through in the dark crooked corners of our policing system at the hands of bad officers.
No be play-play we got awarded the almost worst police service globally, ahead of some formally dreaded banana republics?
Was it for fun a greater part of the nation got on the #EndSARSNow train?

If you were a "barrack boy" and saw the shyt I saw growing up, you'd not only be actively campaigning for better individuals policing the pple
- you'd be advocating constant training and re+training for men and officers at all levels (because more frustration-motivated acts of corruption, brutality, sabotage & illegalities persist at this level)
- you'd also be advocating we upgraded to the foreign types of mandatory type of communication & sociocultural identification proficiency tests they do
- you'd be asking for better pay for them, faster movement in terms of promotions, courses and lesser nepotism-motivated deployments, transfers and postings
- And much needed psych evaluation to be integrated into the regular APER scores of these men

I can talk because I'm doing something about the solution. I know the problem, I'm not living in ignorance or denial either, the question is: Are you? If you can answer in good conscience, fine!
But if you wan dey crack dry joke because your papa na OC and e dey pain you say dem yab police, guy, you go first park well o.
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
We know these SARS guys are ruthless. But this case is exceptional; Let's not make a scape goat of the guy before he is judged.
It wasn't intentional. He shot in the air to scare the mob. A stray bullet hit the victim. The judge will treat the case as 'involuntary man-slaughter' not 'murder'.

I feel pity for the family of the victim though. May we not be at the wrong place at the wrong time, amen.
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by benswagtt(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

Ah, you'd be needing to get out of your comfort zone more then. Your viewpoint may be right from where you've related with some well-mannered, well trained officers but even from the continuous reportage on national dailies of unabated police & army brutality, you should know the nation is in trouble, how much more, when you seeing the filthy seediness of our military from the insider point of view as I have. I can speak well on the NPF, NSCDC, NIS, Prisons, DSS, EFCC, Immigrations & Nigerian Army, the rest I have not had close dealings with the rest.

Try and get to know what happens in some cadres of the force (& I'm not talking bar-room stories). Understand the functions and duties of some operational units of the NPF & various paramilitary servicse.

With the oath, the work schedule, the discipline, the regimented nature of the job plus low pay, on-the- job frustrations, endemic institutionalized corruption and life-threatening hazards they often face, the best of men have been known to crack and fail. The faint-of-heart, the indisciplined, the corrupt and the "over-sharp" decide not to end shabbily like that. They start cutting corners and become dangers they themselves to the very populace they are charged to protect. The scenarios are endless but the Modus Operandi is often the same: the deal with people predicated on those ruthlessly vicious animalistic tendencies you don't want to hear about.

To the family of this dead guy, will you be able to argue against that? Would good conscience permit you to eulogize 'police-is-your-friend" logic changing meaningless, unworkable, PR mantras? Would you risk his family beating you up on an attempt to show them stats of the "good police" when police officers are always on the news, daily, for one crime, misdemeanor or felony or another? The officers committing those crime, are they ghosts?

Find out from your lawyer friends what the commonman on the street, without expensive legal representation feels. Find out where they often and up. Fund out what the masses pass through in the dark crooked corners of our policing system at the hands of bad officers.
No be play-play we got awarded the almost worst police service globally, ahead of some formally dreaded banana republics?
Was it for fun a greater part of the nation got on the #EndSARSNow train?

If you were a "barrack boy" and saw the shyt I saw growing up, you'd not only be actively campaigning for better individuals policing the pple
- you'd be advocating constant training and re+training for men and officers at all levels (because more frustration-motivated acts of corruption, brutality, sabotage & illegalities persist at this level)
- you'd also be advocating we upgraded to the foreign types of mandatory type of communication & sociocultural identification proficiency tests they do
- you'd be asking for better pay for them, faster movement in terms of promotions, courses and lesser nepotism-motivated deployments, transfers and postings
- And much needed psych evaluation to be integrated into the regular APER scores of these men

I can talk because I'm doing something about the solution. I know the problem, I'm not living in ignorance or denial either, the question is: Are you? If you can answer in good conscience, fine!
But if you wan dey crack dry joke because your papa na OC and e dey pain you say dem yab police, guy, you go first park well o.

Lolzzz! I give up! Bcoz, all u just said is the truth. I only flared up bcoz u brought up facts without proof. However, ur post about the police and its cadets have a lot of sentimental prejudice attached.
Do have a lovely day ahead
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by IdeyFindWife: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2018
benswagtt:

Lolzzz! I give up! Bcoz, all u just said is the truth. I only flared up bcoz u brought up facts without proof. However, ur post about the police and its cadets have a lot of sentimental prejudice attached.
Do have a lovely day ahead

No bro, I jump on NL in my spare times to have that feel of 'home' and the commune of Nigerian brothers and sisters.
See, they've made Nigeria a paradox. A giant but a sleeping one, a power but without direction, a voice hat lacks a valid message for the now and a eye lacking valuable ability of sight and vision; I didn't realize many things and how much they've shortchanged us till I started going off-continent as an adult.
And the change is up to us. In governance, in leadership, in education, in sustainable development, in security, social justice and peace, in exploiting the natural resources of the main for the good of all, and not just a few. The youth generation must rise armed with vision, passion and knowledge necessary to them things around. They won't shift for us just because we're young but because we are problem solvers with valid contributions to the narrative on ground.
It must be done because, eventually, how many pple will get dual nationalities? Or be able to run away to Europe, US, UK?
And the change must start now. No more time for them to be pussyfooting on valid proposals, ideas and projects that'll improve lives and move the nation forward!
May God assist our good cause, amen.
Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by benswagtt(m): 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

No bro, I jump on NL in my spare times to have that feel of 'home' and the commune of Nigerian brothers and sisters.
See, they've made Nigeria a paradox. A giant but a sleeping one, a power but without direction, a voice hat lacks a valid message for the now and a eye lacking valuable ability of sight and vision; I didn't realize many things and how much they've shortchanged us till I started going off-continent as an adult.
And the change is up to us. In governance, in leadership, in education, in sustainable development, in security, social justice and peace, in exploiting the natural resources of the main for the good of all, and not just a few. The youth generation must rise armed with vision, passion and knowledge necessary to them things around. They won't shift for us just because we're young but because we are problem solvers with valid contributions to the narrative on ground.
It must be done because, eventually, how many pple will get dual nationalities? Or be able to run away to Europe, US, UK?
And the change must start now. No more time for them to be pussyfooting on valid proposals, ideas and projects that'll improve lives and move the nation forward!
May God assist our good cause, amen.

Amen! you've spoken well sir! May God grant you success in all your endeavors!

1 Like

Re: Police Dismiss And Arraign SARS Officer For Killing A Ram Seller In Kogi by solacegist: 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
End Of The World 2018: Will Rapture Occur On April 23? SHOCKING Prediction Says YES
http://delenewsonline.com/end-of-the-world-2018-will-rapture-occur-on-april-23-shocking-prediction-says-yes/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abdulhaleem & Al-Qasim Idris: 2 Suspects Linked To Owo Church Massacre Arrested / One Injured As IG Adamu’s Orderly Misfires AK-47 Rifle In Abuja Beer Parlour / Nigerian Student Who Abandoned School Jailed For Drugs Smuggling In Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.