Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering (26574 Views)

Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Sitting Comfortably After The Mace Was Stolen (Photos) / Police Arrest Senator Ovie Omo-Agege Over Mace Theft / Election Reordering: Senators Commence Moves To Override President Buhari's Veto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by judecares1(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
G
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by hypnotic(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
Oya go and call Buhari to defend you na, well deserved

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by ArticleBeast: 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2018
Omo Agege still dey senate...Chisos he wan die dere. I remember when he came to share exercise book for my school then I was in JSS1 now I am doing my masters degree...Omo Agege that did interlocking tiles for his street and ended it where his fence stopped..Abeg una dey see wetin dey happen for my signature

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
Very true cheesy
JideAmuGiaka:

cheesy Saraki that killed his father's political career cheesy
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by icon8: 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2018
JideAmuGiaka:

cheesy Saraki that killed his father's political career cheesy

You mean "Saraki that killed his father"?

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by san316(m): 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
Politics is a game right? I hope if Buhaari plays his own card nobody will scream? Because I can see that people are supporting the Senate because the action may affect PMB

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by Efewestern: 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
dedons:
Yorrobber people sef.
How is omo agege Yoruba?,

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by xcolanto(m): 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
Best news of the day!

All pro buhari sinators must be identified and completely demobilized before the bill to veto dullharry is presented.

Nice one sarrki and dino!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by Alexk2(m): 2:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
it saddens me to see almost everybody up there supporting the Senate not minding the illegality of their action. Why do we as Nigerians just hate the truth when it is unfavourable to us? Senate rules and acts didn't in any way superceed the constitution. the constitution still remains the grand num not minding our emotions. The constitution never gives power to the Senate to suspend any member for any reason. Only through a recall process can a member of the Senate be removed. This senate gives little or no regard for the same laws they are elected to protect/enact and their shallowness on matters of the constitution is just so annoying.
Even this election-reordering bruhaha still borders on the same shallow misinterpretation of the Law; why will you amend an act of the electoral act without recourse to the disagreement of same in the constitution. If they need to really reorder the election, they must change the constitution that gives absolute power to the electoral umpire to dictate when and how the election should be run....that way, they'll succeed in making them "dependent"
If this re-ordering of election is not properly settled by the supreme court and they succeed in having their way, I forsee legal tumor arising from the lacunas they're about creating.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by Cholison(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
Good for him, let him be given a role at the presidency. It remains Abdullahi Adamu.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by freeze001(f): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
victoristic:
how is 90days ,six months

Legislative days.

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by tribalistseun: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
deji17:
This Saraki and Dogara 8th NASS has suspended more members than all the previous NASS put together.
which is good, no time for nonsense again

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by puccyforker: 2:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
Buhari is a criminal terrorist
Osibanjo is a vagabond puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pastor

Clerverly said it

serves the useless sinator well
sai saraki best national assembly in the history of Nigeria

donvikings donvikings donvikings donvikings donvikings

5 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by obaataaokpaewu: 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
ArticleBeast:
Omo Agege still dey senate...Chisos he wan die dere. I remember when he came to share exercise book for my school then I was in JSS1 now I am doing my masters degree...Omo Agege that did interlocking tiles for his street and ended it where his fence stopped..Abeg una dey see wetin dey happen for my signature
Maybe you are mistaking him for another Omo-agege. This one is just a first timer in the Senate, he replaced Amori after Appeal court ruled in his favor.
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by bishopkay: 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
Very good! Furking sabotage of a man! Let buhari give him a job at the presidency... Maybe a security aide since he has proven himself to be buhari's defender, or a spokesman.

This man has a penchant for always moving along with unfavorable tides. We fought alongside with him under the influence of Chief Great Ovedje Ogboru to remove that fat pig called Amori from the Senate! But what did the idiot do? He started licking Buhar's smelly asse leaving the job he was sent there to do.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by okioya: 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2018
It is wrong for them to suspend Omo-Agege, What then happens to other senators that opposed the Bill?
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by NairaMaster1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
NOC1:
the have seen a chest beater.

the main guy from the north who confronted is walking tall, i mean The guy Sani called Monkey. what led to this Agege punishment was because he pleaded. whenever you are out to fight, i urge you to fight to finish.

It's actually good for him.

Most southerners are bunch of salvage. Now, his people won't be heard for the next six months.

After all they are after their pocket.

A legislature worshiping the president.

In order countries executive worship legislatures but the reverse holds in Nigeria because they expect the corrupt executive to rig elections in their favor.

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by Dee60: 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
With or without pay?

Imagine earning 13.5million monthly when you dont have go to work?

That is enough time to do something productive, like investing in a dry-cleaning business or a music studio!

Moreso when you dont need bank loan - Government is giving you the cash FREE!
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by ukejejohnson(m): 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
When will they suspend their exorbitant monthly allowance..
When!

My brother no mind them
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
After he don beg?? All of Una dey kwaze... I hate wen grown men do somethings com dey beg again.. Ur brain go leave bfor?? First quality of a man Na to talk am stand there...
My Omo igboro ganging for lasgidi be like ALWAYS GUIDING...

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by kimjongJezebel: 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2018
Alexk2:
it saddens me to see almost everybody up there supporting the Senate not minding the illegality of their action. Why do we as Nigerians just hate the truth when it is unfavourable to us? Senate rules and acts didn't in any way superceed the constitution. the constitution still remains the grand num not minding our emotions. The constitution never gives power to the Senate to suspend any member for any reason. Only through a recall process can a member of the Senate be removed. This senate gives little or no regard for the same laws they are elected to protect/enact and their shallowness on matters of the constitution is just so annoying.
Even this election-reordering bruhaha still borders on the same shallow misinterpretation of the Law; why will you amend an act of the electoral act without recourse to the disagreement of same in the constitution. If they need to really reorder the election, they must change the constitution that gives absolute power to the electoral umpire to dictate when and how the election should be run....that way, they'll succeed in making them "dependent"
If this re-ordering of election is not properly settled by the supreme court and they succeed in having their way, I forsee legal tumor arising from the lacunas they're about creating.

If you're so pained, go to Court. Nansense!!!

The suspension stands! Abdullahi Adamu will soon be suspended too and nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Senate has suspended Senator Ovie Omo-Agege for 90 days over his comment that the amendment to the Electoral Act 2010 to reorder the sequence of polls in a general election was targeted at President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions had investigated Omo-Agege’s comment based on a petition by Senator Dino Melaye.

The report by the committee, which was considered at the plenary on Thursday, had found the lawmaker guilty despite his apology to the chamber and recommended that he be suspended for 181 legislative days (one year).

President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, however, pleaded that the duration of the suspension be reduced to 90 days (six months), which was unanimously granted.

The Senate also resolved that Omo-Agege should withdraw a case he instituted against the chamber, while asking that the pro-Buhari ‘Parliamentary Support Group’ to be disbanded.

Details later…

http://punchng.com/breaking-polls-reordering-senate-suspends-omo-agege-for-90-days/

dino alway in the new for bad thing ......your recall is coming
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by contigiency(m): 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
Saraki and Dino melaye seriously working for their party PDP. One can no longer express himself freely. If it's buhari now unreasonable people and PDP apologists will start shouting tyranny, dictator and so many unprintable names. They will remember freedom of expression. If they like let them reorder the election sequence buhari will still win while many of them will definitely lose.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by LKO(m): 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
4direct:
Omo Agege is a confirm Urhobo statesman

Keep deceiving yourself. The 10,000 naira empowerment senator would be finally booted out come next year. It is Evelyn Oboro or no one else.

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by dedons: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
Efewestern:

How is omo agege Yoruba?,
Omo is a Yoruba word.
Agege is also a Yoruba word.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by urbobo20(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2018
in other way, the whole of Urhobo nation will not bee represented by any senator for six months . Dino you most be very mad
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by hadaydhollarpo(m): 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2018
tomakint:
I love this, there should be no tolerance for moles in the house.
Abdulmumin was a mole? Sen. Ndume was also a mole? Little do anti-PMB knows these guys are doing more harm to this con3. This Senate is the most controversial and dramatic/comic parliament ever. Full of rogues. No thanks to PMB himself who is on sleeping pills.

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by oruma19: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
How many Hausa senators have they been able to suspend? Yeye people. It's good for Omo agege anyways, he is enjoying so he doesn't knw what the common man is facing so he can support Buhari. Idiot

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by Efewestern: 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
dedons:
Omo is a Yoruba word.

Agege is also a Yoruba word.

So because Yoruba answer omo and agege means any body that answers that name is Yoruba?

Omo is also an urhobo word, same meaning as Yoruba, omo-agege is 100% urhobo. We are all interconnected, we share similar things together, this is as a result of proximity with each other .
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by unitysheart(m): 4:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
OfficialAwol:
How do you mean?

Means they can't succeed, ecpecially when the lower house has agreed with some of the amendments as written in the letter sent hy the President.
Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by figment232(m): 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2018
unitysheart:

Means they can't succeed, ecpecially when the lower house has agreed with some of the amendments as written in the letter sent hy the President.
Wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: Senate Suspends Senator Ovie Omo-Agege For 90 Days Over Election Reordering by osazeeblue01: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2018
I know he must be regretting now....

like see wetin i put my self now
Buhari no even help me beg saraki and na him mata i b talk put o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: John Momoh Quits As Chairman Of BON / Udom Emmanuel's Road Infrastructural Development In Uyo Senatorial District / Governor Obaseki Commissions Streetlight Project (Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.