Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,344 members, 7,829,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

The Coming Democratic Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Coming Democratic Revolution (485 Views)

Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi / League Of Concerned Democratic Youths Of Nigeria Pledges Support For Davido / Nigeria’s Democratic Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Coming Democratic Revolution by Algebra12: 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
On 28 February, 2018, I formally made myself available to serve our country as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come 2019. I intend to be a candidate for President in 2019 because:

a) Progressively increasing poverty, unemployment and insecurity are threatening our very existence as a country and our lives as citizens of Nigeria; we must turn our future around to one of stability and prosperity for the sake of our youth and children;

b) Our recycled political leaders who brought us to this point have clearly failed, and we must send them into retirement at the ballot box in a democratic revolution in 2019;

c) With our traditional politicians having failed us so badly, I believe we now need a technocrat with vision, character, competence and track record as President to begin the process of solving our problems with competent leadership, governance and economic management. It is time.

d) My experience and track record at senior leadership levels in reconstructing broken countries in my United Nations career, in economic management in Nigeria, in international diplomacy, and as a professor who has taught public policy and economic development to students from various countries at Tufts University’s prestigious Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy in the USA, and as an entrepreneur has given me a unique combination of concrete leadership experience that has prepared me well to lead Nigeria.

That I have not previously been a Nigerian politician is precisely why, against the background of the kind of experience above, I am well placed to lead Nigeria effectively. We have many politicians but no real leaders, and that is why we are now the poverty capital of the world with the highest numbers of absolutely poor people of any country on earth.

We need to understand that dislodging the old order in our country will not be a walk-over. But, with our collective determination and participation, IT CAN BE DONE. Do you have your Permanent Voters Card (PVC)?. If not, please go and get one. Don’t let any obstacle stop you. That is PVC#1. After that comes PVC#2: Please Vote Carefully.

I intend to win the 2019 presidential election. As I write, we (the movement of citizens that I am a part of) are organizing across the country, north, south, east and west to accomplish this. With your determination and participation as citizens, it will happen and we can begin a new and better chapter in our national history.

Disregard the pretensions of our failed and recycled politicians that they are indispensable just because they have (mostly stolen public) funds and structures. That is how they have maintained their hold on power in the service of their vested interests instead of serving the people — by intimidating citizens. It’s just like the biblical encounter between David and Goliath. We know how that ended.

I will announce the party platform on which I intend to contest the election in a few weeks. I do not intend to contest the election on the platform of the two parties of the old political order, APC and PDP, that have brought our country to its present sorry state. We need something truly new and different, not old wine in seemingly new wine-skin. We need a new way of organizing and doing things that answers to the talent and aspirations of our youth and our women. Both demographics make up most of our population but have no voice in the scheme of things. But for this to become reality, we all need to become more confident and participate actively by voting for the right leadership choices.

We don’t need messiahs and should be wary of anyone who pretends he or she will be one — as recent experience has taught us! But a government that I will lead will be radically different and will achieve radically different outcomes that will lead our citizens and our country to prosperity. What will be different? A sampler, but there is much more. We will:

Run a merit-based but inclusive government that will heal our country and build a nation, and be ready to work from Day One.

Ensure full implementation of the National Youth Policy to empower our youth in governance and as private citizens.

Implement a gender parity policy of 50:50 ratio in political appointments for women and men, but will go beyond that to undertake massive social education that will attack the underlying roots of gender bias.

Complete, in collaboration with the National and State Assemblies, a constitutional restructuring of Nigeria that restores true federalism for stability and prosperity within two years of taking office.

Create an innovation-led economy and establish a public-private venture capital fund to provide equity funding to unemployed youth to start new businesses that will in turn employ other Nigerians as these businesses grow; the minimum capital of this fund will be N500 billion but with counterpart private sector funding it could be up to N1 trillion in size.

Introduce legislation for compulsory voting by Nigerian citizens in elections; this will empower Nigerians and deepen the culture of democracy in Nigeria.

We have seen the power of the people yield electoral outcomes that disrupted the status quo in countries like France (Emmanuel Macron), United States (Barack Obama, Donald Trump) and some African countries like our neighboring Gambia. Together, we can do it in our country Nigeria too. But it requires your will and action. You and I can and will form the structures necessary to make it happen. Don’t say: “this would be good for Nigeria but will ‘they’ let him win? Who is “they”? It’s you and me if you, the people, so decide. Bad leaders come to office only when good people do nothing. Let’s prevent that in 2019. It is time.

Written by Kingsley Moghalu
Re: The Coming Democratic Revolution by Algebra12: 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nigerians!!

We want competency and proven track record, see it here. We now have an alternative.

Be progress minded.
Re: The Coming Democratic Revolution by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2018
I do have some questions for you if you don't mind sir.

1. How would you tackle corruption? What would be your first step in trailing the hydra-headed monster?

2. How would you solve the problem of electricity generation and distribution in Nigeria?

3. Nigeria is polarized along the lines of ethnicity and religion. To build a strong united Nigeria, how do you hope to unite the various factions currently in cold war?

4. How do you intend to solve the issue of Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen, especially rescuing our sisters and daughters of Chibok who have been kidnapped for over 3 years now?

5. Nigeria's economy is solely oil based. What kinda solution do you have to move Nigeria away from dependency on oil?

6. There's serious rot in the education sector. Corruption is rampant. And the tertiary institutions are now glorified secondary schools as graduates are half baked and semi illiterates who have only learned how to cram their text books. Which policies are you likely to implement that will improve the quality of knowledge being disseminated from our ivory towers?

7. The health sector is almost comatose. People now go to the hospitals to die rather than get well.
Even the hospitals that work are very few and leaders prefer medical tourism to repairing the health sector. What steps are you going to take to improve the health sector in Nigeria?

8. Do you have any plans for the senior citizens of Nigeria? How about the disabled?

9. What is your foreign policy going to look like?

10. What is your opinion about the clamor for restructuring Nigeria. If you support it, how would you approach the restructuring of Nigeria and when will embark on it if elected?

Thank you for your time and good luck as we await your response.
Re: The Coming Democratic Revolution by Algebra12: 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
5thElement:
I do have some questions for you if you don't mind sir.

1. How would you tackle corruption? What would be your first step in trailing the hydra-headed monster?

Fight corruption with impartiality and accountability that will begin with officials of my government
Make the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission independent of the Presidency
Combat corruption more effectively with value-system education and re-orientation, plugging systemic loopholes, improved public service remuneration, and the establishment of social safety nets

2. How would you solve the problem of electricity generation and distribution in Nigeria?
Power policy will prioritize industrial clusters such as Aba, Kano, Lagos, Nnewi, and Onitsha. Investments and incentives will be established in renewable energy that can serve households.

3. Nigeria is polarized along the lines of ethnicity and religion. To build a strong united Nigeria, how do you hope to unite the various factions currently in cold war?
Propose a constitutional amendment repealing the Land Use Act. Doing so will help improve access to capital in the economic system because freehold land ownership will provide additional levels of collateral for bank or other forms of borrowing to start businesses.

4. How do you intend to solve the issue of Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen, especially rescuing our sisters and daughters of Chibok who have been kidnapped for over 3 years now?

5. Nigeria's economy is solely oil based. What kinda solution do you have to move Nigeria away from dependency on oil?

Create an enabling environment for an innovation-driven economy through appropriate laws and policy.
Overhaul economic management with the establishment of a full-time Council of Economic Advisers, headed by a Chairman that will serve as Chief Economic Adviser that researches and monitors the economy 24/7 and advises the President on actions to take to enhance economic growth. This council, composed of 5 or 6 members, will be Nigeria’s economic team.
Establish a concrete economic diversification plan with a concrete path to a post-oil future for Nigeria, based on emerging global trends. This plan, akin to the Saudi Arabian government’s economic diversification plan, should include a clear strategy with interlinked policies – trade, industrial, fiscal – and far-reaching structural and governance reforms of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that could include partial privatization (with share listed on the stock exchange for purchase by ordinary Nigerians and not by government-related cronies). In doing so, the interests of local communities in oil-producing regions must be protected – for example, by ensuring a set-aside in private ownership of the NNPC by members of the communities in the oil-producing regions)
see more here; http://tobuildanation.com/b-i-g-vision/#1519061902640-ddc48fd5-4de7

6. There's serious rot in the education sector. Corruption is rampant. And the tertiary institutions are now glorified secondary schools as graduates are half baked and semi illiterates who have only learned how to cram their text books. Which policies are you likely to implement that will improve the quality of knowledge being disseminated from our ivory towers?

7. The health sector is almost comatose. People now go to the hospitals to die rather than get well.
Even the hospitals that work are very few and leaders prefer medical tourism to repairing the health sector. What steps are you going to take to improve the health sector in Nigeria?

Demonstrate political commitment to health system transformation.
Establish one world-class hospital in each of the six geopolitical zones

8. Do you have any plans for the senior citizens of Nigeria? How about the disabled?

9. What is your foreign policy going to look like?
Undertake a fundamental review of Nigerian foreign policy, linking it to a national worldview and addressing the domestic national circumstances that undermine effective foreign policy and power projection.
Reform of the Nigerian Foreign Service with emphasis on re-professionalization, training, greatly increased funding for the Foreign Service, and the establishment of a Foreign Service Commission in recognition of the unique needs and circumstances of the Foreign Service.
A career to non-career ration of 70:30 in the appointment of ambassadors, with non-career ambassadors to undergo intensive training in diplomacy and international affairs.

10. What is your opinion about the clamor for restructuring Nigeria. If you support it, how would you approach the restructuring of Nigeria and when will embark on it if elected?
Commence and complete a process of constitutional restructuring of Nigeria towards true federalism between 2019 and 2021 in partnership with the National Assembly and State Assemblies, restructuring the federating units into regions, with ownership of natural resources vesting in such regions as they may be found, and regional or state police to ensure more effective national security.

Thank you for your time and good luck as we await your response.[/quote]

See more here; https://tobuildanation.com/b-i-g-vision/

(1) (Reply)

EKITI 2018: How I’ll spend N14bn Fayose wasted on 1.5km bridge / BREAKING: Dino Melaye Released From Detention / We Returned $322.5m Abacha Loot With $1.5m Interest In 2017 — Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.