Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi (45720 Views)

Abba Kyari's Death: Femi Fani-Kayode Calls The Presidency / Abba Kyari's Death: Femi Fani-Kayode Mourns With A Tribute / Abba Kyari's Death: Obaseki, Keyamo, Dino Melaye, Others React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by TheExecutioner: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Abba Kyari's Death, End of a Surrogate Presidency, and the Coming Chaos
By Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.D.

To say I was shocked by Abba Kyari's death would be to tell a lie. Being an asthmatic patient who routinely had "breathing problems" that necessitated periodic trips to London hospitals—in addition to being a diabetic who was older than 65—it would have been nothing short of miraculous if he survived COVID-19.

In spite of who he was, especially the last five years of his life on earth, as a Muslim, I won't speak ill of him in death. But I won't write undeserving and deodorizing posthumous extolments of him, either. That would be as bad as, or even worse than, celebrating his death.

With Kyari's death, Nigeria is now truly leaderless. Buhari is practically in the land of the living dead. He's a breathing mannequin whose only reason for living is to prove he isn't dead in order to justify the continuity of the rule in his name.

Abba Kyari ruled the country on Buhari's behalf. In my viral February 22, 2020 column titled, "The Tragedy of the Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency," this line appeared: "Sometime in the midpoint of last year, a northern retired general told me Abba Kyari said in private that people who vilify him don’t realize that without him Nigeria would be rudderless and descend into chaos."

Now, he is gone, and the chaos he talked about would start in the coming days and weeks. Mamman Daura, Buhari's nephew who introduced Kyari to Buhari, isn't only old (he is now in his early 80's) he is also now isolated from Buhari thanks to Kyari.

Babagana Kingibe who has been acting on Kyari's behalf and who will probably formally replace him, doesn't quite know Buhari in the same way that Abba Kyari did.

There is a yawning, potentially disorienting power vacuum in the presidential villa now, which actually emerged really visibly since Kyari went out of circulation before his eventual death.

Watch out for Aisha Buhari to assert herself more aggressively and to work to grab power in the fashion that Turai Yar'adua did. In fact, she already started this the moment Kyari took ill.

One of the first things Aisha did was to cause Jalal Arabi, Permanent Secretary of the State House and Kyari's dutiful protege, to be redeployed from the Villa.

The remnants of the cabal will, of course, fight back. But the fight between Aisha and members of the cabal who are merely Kyari's proteges, would be a fight in the dark because Buhari who is supposed to intervene is an insentient being who's barely aware he's alive.

The in-fighting will create noticeable cracks in the Buhari group that Osinbajo, Tinubu, and other interest groups would exploit to feather their nests and advance their interests. In other words, in the coming days and months, expect the cessation of any pretense to governance and an unprecedentedly factious, dog-eat-dog, recriminatory fight between competing power blocs.

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2020/04/abba-kyaris-death-end-of-surrogate.html?m=1

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by ignis: 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
That's his personal opinion...

The fact remains that Nigeria have entered one chance

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by udoka2013: 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lobatan! More tori on the way.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by kenzosky: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
Farooq Kperogi is a skank. And, for him to write such despicable article doesn't speak well for his own intellect, he's just pointing out his poor judgment. Farook is becoming more and more insignificant, unimportant and laughable as the day go by. Look at what he has reduced himself to, a paranoid columnist putting sentiments ahead of professionalism. I never knew he studied prophetic journalism. My advice to him, he should open a church and start preaching PREMONITION since he's very good at it.

38 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
I saw this as a Revelation/Vision

Certain people took an Oath of Secrecy following the death of the Former Chief of Staff!

Also those who are Milking Nigeria dry in the Name of Presidential task force or whatever position..

Hear This!!!!

For those who swore the oath of secrecy! The only Choice you have to break that oath and expose what should be Exposed! Without Doing this, you all will Mysteriously Join Abba kyari in this Season of Corona plaugue!

For those who are Miliking the Nation in the Name of Corona Virus Presidential Task force and all that!
You have used your Hands to kill yourselves!!

The Sword of Judgement is stretch out on The Nigerian Nation...

Major men are still going down!

198 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by ebujany(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Gbam

So Buhari who is supposed to intervene is an insentient being who's barely aware he's alive?

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Nathphil(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rip to him. people should leave this man and focus on fighting Corona together.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by shortgun(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
That's just the truth.
Abba Kyari has been the one calling all the shots, now that he is gone there's a vacuum in the villa and Nigeria is without a leader.
The only reason Buhari appears once in a while is to proof to us that he's still breathing.

I wish I can say God punish everyone that voted for Buhari the lifeless one but I forgive their ignorance.

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by sunshineV(f): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
In other news...

Somebody help me and tell Pastor adeboye to stop forecasting like a frustrated bet9ja addict

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Samnewspaper01: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hmmmm Orisirisi.
Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by budosky(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
This man again!
Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Perfecttouchade: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Chaii dis country needs healing...see cabals flying left and right..indeed there was a country. Until the youth decides, nothing will change.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Heffalump(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Farooq, I want to remind you that any vacuum created by the exhit of Kyari will be replenished with an angel from God.

No one is indispensable undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Patrioticman007(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Envy is the root of all evil.
Those that blame Late Kyari for their misfortune in life, should know Kyari is no more, let them become Billionaires before the next 3 markets days.

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by oloriLFC(f): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
If it would result in Nigeria being better on the long run, we don't care. We are watching...

10 Likes

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by tophumble(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Afi surrogate presidency na

If PMB mistakenly appoint 'King I Be' (Kingibe), then he is finished

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by 1stola: 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Abba kyari was the sacrificial lamb God used to teach our useless, senseless, greedy and wicked politicians a lesson.

If not for global lockdown, I'm sure that they'd have rushed him to Germany, Sweden etc to meet up with some of the best doctors and facilities in the world, instead of Lagos.

If the useless fools had made Abuja hospital graded and up to standard, THERE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A NEED TO TRANSFER HIM TO LAGOS.
Stress of traveling alone could kill sick people.

NA GOD CATCH UNA tongue

With all the riches and wealth God has blessed Nigeria with, we are supposed to be competing with countries like Dubia, Netherland, Japan etc.
-No good road
-No good electricity
-No good security
- NO GOOD HOSPITAL!!!

Imagine this Corona testing that's ongoing, Nigeria has only been able to reach 7k while Ghana has covered around 50k and South Africa over 100k.

It will never be well with all these corrupt and wicked leaders, may you all suffer the same fate as Abba kyari.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Nancydearie(f): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
E don happen, In other words, Nigeria does not have president. APC has finished this country. May God rescue this country from these cabals.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by DropsMic(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Chosen1984:
I saw this as a Revelation/Vision

Certain people took an Oath of Secrecy following the death of the Former Chief of Dysff!

Also those who are Milking Nigeria dry in the Name of Presidential task force or whatever position..

Hear This!!!!

For those who swore the oath of secrecy! The only Choice you have to break that oath and expose what should be Exposed! Without Doing this, you all will Mysteriously Join Abba kyari in this Season of Corona plaugue!

For those who are Miliking the Nation in the Name of Corona Virus Task force and all that!
You have used your Hands to kill yourselves!!

The Sword of Judgement is stretch out on The Nigerian Nation...

Major men are still going down!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by festacman(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
President Buhari and Late Abba Kyari had superb telepathy and chemistry between them. He will miss him but the issue of helplessness and rudderlessness in governance does not arise following his demise.

People like Farooq Kperogi assume too much with confidence and project their personal opinions as though they are gospel truths.

The fact of life is no president anywhere in the world can claim monopoly of knowledge. That's why there exist Vice President, Chief of Staff, advisers, assistants and the cabinet to work with him as executive team. Consequently, In the absence of industrious Abba Kyari, another person will step in and the team work continues.

In the days days and weeks ahead governance will continue smoothly to the disappointment of Farooq Kperogi and company.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Zchi1052(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ha this one strong oh...more stories to unfold very soon

2 Likes

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Infogetong(f): 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
Trust me the cabals will elect a new surrogate president.

. if you are looking to earn some money this period here is a gig for you sign up http://top.infobet.tech/p2

2 Likes

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Evilgenuis: 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
We all know this before now. sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by directonpc(m): 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2020

20 Likes

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by irunoko(m): 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
lipsrsealed

The man never decay Una don dey scheme his replacement

No wonder AKon sang even the life you have is borrowed so it's better not to be addicted to luxury

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by landmark86: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nigerians are only good in this
Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by Faber(m): 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
Ok...let me wow you guys

Allah/God opened my eyes early morning today...I saw Abba crying as he was being roasted by Lucifer...I mean Lucifer himself was roasting him like aboki suya..

Abba was shouting my name: " Faber, Faber, Faber...am sorry"
I retorted : "sorry for what...but people here said you were good while alive"
Abba replied : "they are all lying"

Just den someone kicked me...I opened my eyes and saw my beautiful babe beside me. I told her my dream. She will soon come online and confirm my story. Is real.

All those who caused us maximum pains in this country will never end well

12 Likes

Re: Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi by maysimsimple(m): 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
It's gonna get lit in the coming days

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election / Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 / Dino Melaye Arrives Lokoja Court In Police Ambulance (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.