Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? (993 Views)

Why Do Men Pay For Sex / Why Do Some Ladies Invite Their Ex-boyfriends To Their Wedding? / Why Do Men Pay For Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2018
This is very crucial ,you know undecided

Do men only pay ex wives when children are involved?
I'm asking about Nigeria okay.

And the Child Support matter shouldn't the man be allowed to pay any amount he deems fit?
what'll happen if the man refuses to pay the child support?

what if he travels out from the country?

I need answers please
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2018
Expect anything, I mean anything when you choose to sign the divorce papers. Ranging from false accusations, illegal demand of funds, slanderous remarks, spiritual attacks, heart failure and possibly "planned death" by one of the pained spouse.
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by Blackfire(m): 11:17am On Apr 13, 2018
Just be sure before you marry... You are mentally, spiritually ok
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 13, 2018
No legally speaking in Nigerian jurisprudence ...where there are no children ...a spouse is not required to pay child support .

Although most husbands will offer their Soon to be ex wives a settlement to move the divorce proceedings along . Do not do this to the knowledge of the judge in Nigeria it is frowned upon severely .

Other common misunderstandings about divorce in Nigeria .

Prenuptial agreements do not be deceived total waste of time .

To be honest in divorce proceedings women unlike their counterparts in Western countries get the short end of the stick here in Nigeria when it comes to divorce . Especially when there are no kids.

I'm surprised that no female legislators have brought up a bill to change the matrimonial laws of this country but uncle Dino and em no go gree .
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
tobianthony:
No legally speaking in Nigerian jurisprudence ...where there are no children ...a spouse is not required to pay child support .

Although most husbands will offer their Soon to be ex wives a settlement to move the divorce proceedings along . Do not do this to the knowledge of the judge in Nigeria it is frowned upon severely .

Other common misunderstandings about divorce in Nigeria .

Prenuptial agreements do not be deceived total waste of time .

To be honest in divorce proceedings women unlike their counterparts in Western countries get the short end of the stick here in Nigeria when it comes to divorce . Especially when there are no kids.

I'm surprised that no female legislators have brought up a bill to change the matrimonial laws of this country but uncle Dino and em no go gree .

which legislation again.. why do you want spouses to pay when there are no children?
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by SoapQueen(f): 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
Depends on how you guys parted ways. A scorned ex wife might do everything to garner sympathy. If you never had kids, she might even lie that you made her have miscarriages thereby denying her the opportunity of being a mother. My 0.5cent.

You could ask attorneys in the house.
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
SoapQueen:
Depends on how you guys parted ways. A scorned ex wife might do everything to garner sympathy. If you never had kids, she might even lie that you made her have miscarriages thereby denying her the opportunity of being a mother. My 0.5cent.

You could ask attorneys in the house.

Easy to claim hard to prove in a court of law .

I can tell you stories you won't believe my dear ....just ask lemme gist you .

Tales from family court
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
prechbills1:

which legislation again.. why do you want spouses to pay when there are no children?

Just because I said it doesn't mean I want it my dude ... Shhhh before they come for us .
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
tobianthony:

Just because I said it doesn't mean I want it my dude ... Shhhh before they come for us .

I for fear you oh
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
prechbills1:

I for fear you oh

By the way...why you still arguing with them in the other thread guy man ...no fall my hand leave em be .
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by bjayx: 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
Who pays wen there's no kid
U can only share at court after divorce
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by habsydiamond(m): 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
If kids are involved....it depends on who is the custodian of the kids....if it's the woman, the will be asked to pay a certain amount for the upkeep of the kids every month...till the kids can decide for themselves...if kids are not involved but the lady is jobless, the man may be asked to keep paying a certain amount of money to her till she gets a job...
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
habsydiamond:
If kids are involved....it depends on who is the custodian of the kids....if it's the woman, the will be asked to pay a certain amount for the upkeep of the kids every month...till the kids can decide for themselves...if kids are not involved but the lady is jobless, the man may be asked to keep paying a certain amount of money to her till she gets a job...

thunder fire you..

is the man her job?

only you know that no man will even try that in naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by habsydiamond(m): 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
prechbills1:

thunder fire you..

is the man her job?

only you know that no man will even try that in naija
go tell that to the judge......if thunder fire me wetin go come fire u......u know already I guess
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
habsydiamond:
go tell that to the judge......if thunder fire me wetin go come fire u......u know already I guess

story story.. a man can only pay his ex wife money for child support, and that's if they have children together.
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by habsydiamond(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
prechbills1:

story story.. a man can only pay his ex wife money for child support, and that's if they have children together.
what if the woman is a full house wife simply because that's what the husband wants....won't he pay still she gets a job
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2018
habsydiamond:
what if the woman is a full house wife simply because that's what the husband wants....won't he pay still she gets a job

nonsense..
what if the man doesn't have a job, is the lady going to pay him?

abeg that one is story
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by habsydiamond(m): 8:48am On Apr 14, 2018
prechbills1:

nonsense..
what if the man doesn't have a job, is the lady going to pay him?

abeg that one is story
na Naija na
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2018
habsydiamond:
na Naija na
answer my question guy
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by habsydiamond(m): 9:01am On Apr 14, 2018
prechbills1:

answer my question guy
I mean when the husband is working and the wife is not
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 9:07am On Apr 14, 2018
habsydiamond:
I mean when the husband is working and the wife is not

I'm saying in a scenario where the woman is working and the man doesn't have a job
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 9:10am On Apr 14, 2018
courts in Nigeria can't even give such judgements..
80% of Nigerian ladies that are full time housewives are doing it intentionally, their husbands didn't tell them not to work.

No judge can tell me to pay a lady any amount when we don't have kids together..

I swear, it'll cost me little to find people that'd deliver a clean job on that judge..

nonsense
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 9:14am On Apr 14, 2018
how many judges have you seen or heard of that made such judgements in Nigeria?

you can only support if you two have kids together
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by Kobicove(m): 9:16am On Apr 14, 2018
Not here in Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by habsydiamond(m): 9:20am On Apr 14, 2018
prechbills1:

I'm saying in a scenario where the woman is working and the man doesn't have a job
as the husband is regarded as the head of the house, he has to get job without any compensation from the wife
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by prechbills1(m): 10:37am On Apr 14, 2018
habsydiamond:
as the husband is regarded as the head of the house, he has to get job without any compensation from the wife

you're not serious.. as long as men don't get any compensation from women... women won't have any compensation from men if there are no kids..

and nothing like head of the house crap
Re: Do Men Pay Their Ex Wives After Divorce Even If They Don't Have Kids Together? by habsydiamond(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2018
prechbills1:

you're not serious.. as long as men don't get any compensation from women... women won't have any compensation from men if there are no kids..

and nothing like head of the house crap
ok no vex oooo.....am not fighting here nao

(1) (Reply)

Hy / All The Things You Can Relate To If You Are A Virgin / Britain's Youngest Euromillions Winner Marks Anniversary Of Her £4,500 Boob Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.