Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Memorable July (episode 15) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Memorable July (episode 15) (668 Views)

The Most Memorable Gift Your Partner/Lover Got You This Year? / 20 Nigerian Love Songs That Will Make Your Valentine Night More Memorable / What’s The Most Memorable Moment You Shared With A Stranger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Memorable July (episode 15) by treasure155(m): 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
Uyama kept her arms twine trustingly around Amaitem's waist as he drove the new wrangler he'd bought. They'd both agreed on keeping Esther in their home as a maid, a cook and a cleaner. Uyama had reluctantly agreed for her to live with them. She and Amaitem loved Esther's cooking, they loved the way she cleaned the house. But Uyama still felt like Esther was beginning to be a competition when Amaitem stopped taking her to eateries for lunches and dinners.

"Baby, do you think that Esther girl is pretty?" She asked Amaitem, as she cuddled him and laid her neck on his shoulders as he drove to a beach side.

Damn it! That girl is so ugly. If not that she is good at what she does, I wouldn't have allowed her to stay with us. She has this masculine look, quite manly." Uyama laughed out loud and hugged him, while he smiled gently.

As they alighted by the beach side, Uyama huddled in the cup of Amaitem's hand, cradled securely against his stomach.

The roar from the folding beach waters amazed her. She hadn't been to the beach in a long while. And as they got to the beach bar, Amaitem ordered for the most expensive wine. Uyama sipped it gradually until it finished and he ordered for another one.

Amaitem glared at her, he'd been sweating, his chest heaving, his hands sweaty too. He'd put his hands into his pocket and brought out a diamond ring, kneeling on the floor. People began to clap and took them pictures with their phones. Uyama became bewildered, she didn't know what to say. She was lost In a daze of excitement.

"Yes, yes, I will marry you." She said happily as she bent to kiss him. He placed the diamond ring in her fingers and she kept staring at it until she got home that day.

Her sister Unwana had visited her for the first time at Amaitem's place. Her mouth fell open when she saw the large mansion her sister was living. But her conscience troubled her when she stepped into the sitting room. She knew that it wasn't the right place for her sister to be, but she was her sister, her only sibling and she had to visit her.

"Uyama, you mean you packed in to live with this man few months after his wife's death, and he even proposed to you. He couldn't even wait for his wife's body to be cold. Do you two have conscience?" Unwana asked, shrugging her shoulders.

"She is dead. Are we supposed to mourn her forever? What is the difference between getting married to him now and later? Abeg leave me o." She said calmly.

"I am not comfortable sitting here and having this conversation. My spirit isn't agreeing to this meeting."

"So why did you come then, even after I told you I got engaged, you still came to see for yourself abi?"

"That is not why I'm here. I am not even excited about your engagement with a widower who hasn't even mourned his wife for half a year. You two were fornicating before she..."

"Say what you have to say Unwana, say it and leave please." Uyama interrupted.

"I am getting married In two months time." Unwana said, trying to force a smile.

"Finally you got yourself a boyfriend." Uyama said, clapping her hands excitedly. "So what does he do? Who is he?" Uyama cocked her head to a side as she waited for her sister to tell her of the man.

"He is a brother in my church. He works as a lecturer at the university of Uyo." She said.

"Ah! Why a church brother? Why a lecturer? Out of all the good men Unwana, you chose a lecturer. These lecturers that womanize and sleep with students."

"He is a born again Christian, he knows Christ. He is not one of those lecturers you slept with in school to pass courses." Unwana said, flushed with pride, she stood to leave. Uyama was ashamed at her sister's words. She'd not expected that from her.

"It's my life Unwana. And that is the past now." Uyama muttered. "How much will you need from Ama and I to support you two with?" she asked.

"Nothing, we don't need supports from anyone. It's a small wedding. Keep your help and money to yourselves. I only came to inform you as my only sister, that I will be getting married." She said and walked away.

Uyama conjured a wistful sigh. She was amazed by her younger sister's attitude toward her. Her heart lifted again when she stared at her engagement ring, it was a real diamond and she wondered how much Amaitem had bought it.

Read all the episodes of memorable July for just N500. subscribe to this service by contacting us through vickybonsfictions.ads@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Drinks Poison After She Catches Her Husband With Another Woman / American Bride Humiliated By Groom For Cheating VIDEO / Five Ways To A Girl Fall Inlove With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.