Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,618 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? (645 Views)

Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? / Woman Shunned By Jehovah Witnesses Kills Self, Family / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 14, 2018
Please fellow nairalanders, is disfellowshipping(shunning) as being practiced by Jehovah's Witnesses good or bad?
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Ikemefuna44: 12:40am On Apr 15, 2018
Jehova Witness is bad. Ipso facto all their practices are bad.

1 Like

Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by mercytripletz: 1:10am On Apr 15, 2018
No, it is NOT
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by diablos: 1:16am On Apr 15, 2018
Please what's "disfellowshipping?" is it a new shipping company?

1 Like

Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Jazzlite: 1:25am On Apr 15, 2018
There's freedom of association. If you're not wanted move on.

1 Like

Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2018
Jazzlite:
There's freedom of association. If you're not wanted move on.
God's people should have a high moral standard so whoever can't cope with God's judicial decisions must be shunned, let them go so that faithful and obedient ones could enjoy wholesome association with fellow believers! After all they're not forcing anyone to stay unlike terrorists who slaughters those disassociating.
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by alBHAGDADI: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2018
Riofidelio:
God's people should have a high moral standard so whoever can't cope with God's judicial decisions must be shunned, let them go so that faithful and obedient ones could enjoy wholesome association with fellow believers! After all they're not forcing anyone to stay unlike terrorists who slaughters those disassociating.

It is right to some extent, it is also wrong to some extent.

The practice by JW is wrong in the sense that they are quick to disfellowship you if you question their doctrine or point out an error in it. They will not only disfellowship you but excommunicate you i.e they will stop talking to you in the society, and this includes your family members who will do the same to you too.

They are afraid that others will discover their falsehood, so they prevent them from talking to you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The practice by JW is wrong in the sense that they are quick to disfellowship you if you question their doctrine or point out an error in it. They will not only disfellowship you but excommunicate you i.e they will stop talking to you in the society, and this includes your family members who will do the same to you too.

They are afraid that others will discover their falsehood, so they prevent them from talking to you.
So that means our relationship with our God is false which implies that what we're claiming is untrue, thanks for sharing your PERSONAL opinion about US! Some like me have discovered that all what the Jehovah's witnesses are saying is absolute truth that's why i've taken the decision to become part of the global family of those who "ONLY shuns those who are not in agreement with their beliefs" i suppose it's better than those who will accumulate weapons to wipe their opposers of the surface of the ground instead of waiting for God to judge them!
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Jazzlite: 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
Riofidelio:
Even God can reject you. Ask Esau or King Saul.
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
There are many fishes in the river to catch hence there is no need bothering yourself on disfellowship
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2018
Jazzlite:

Even God can reject you. Ask Esau or King Saul.
Yes! God do reject some people but HE can never do so without a tangible reason! Genesis 18:25 That's what it means to know the true God.
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:12pm On Apr 15, 2018
It is bad simple. It's emotional blackmail. You can't cut someone's social support. It is equivalent to murder.
Cults use this tactic to keep members away from former members so the brainwashing will not wear off and will remain intact. They also use this method to bring former members back and keep members in (fear of loosing family and friends)

1 Like

Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2018
Riofidelio:
Yes! God do reject some people but HE can never do so without a tangible reason! Genesis 18:25 That's what it means to know the true God.

The last time I checked you are not God. Leave this decision to God Himself. Jesus Christ never shunned anyone in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by adelee777: 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

As opposed to other denominations that will hug you when you point to their doctrinal errors, right?
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Hairyrapunzel: 5:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
Riofidelio:
So that means our relationship with our God is false which implies that what we're claiming is untrue, thanks for sharing your PERSONAL opinion about US! Some like me have discovered that all what the Jehovah's witnesses are saying is absolute truth that's why i've taken the decision to become part of the global family of those who "ONLY shuns those who are not in agreement with their beliefs" i suppose it's better than those who will accumulate weapons to wipe their opposers of the surface of the ground instead of waiting for God to judge them!

Is you guys that want your God to wipe out all who don't agree with your beliefs so you people can inherit earth. Have you forgotten?
What's the difference between accumulating of weapons to wipe out opposer's and a god that wants to commit the greatest genocide ever known to man (billions of non jws getting slaughtered by your god)?
It's the same thing na.
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by mabea: 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Spot on!
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by mabea: 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Riofidelio:
A great percentage of their disfellowship is based on their doctrinal laws other than the word of God.
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
mabea:
A great percentage of their disfellowship is based on their doctrinal laws other than the word of God.
In that case if i were you i'll just ignore them since i'm sure that there judgment is based on "their doctrinal laws" and not God's word.Then i'll concentrate on my own religion that's based on God's word, but obviously most people criticizing Jehovah's witnesses have noticed that we're unique that's why they can't just let go so they've resolved to be speaking of US abusively! 1Peter 4:4
Re: Is Disfellowshipping Practiced By Jehovah's Witnesses Loving Or Wicked? by mabea: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
Riofidelio:
In that case if i were you i'll just ignore them since i'm sure that there judgment is based on "their doctrinal laws" and not God's word.Then i'll concentrate on my own religion that's based on God's word, but obviously most people criticizing Jehovah's witnesses have noticed that we're unique that's why they can't just let go so they've resolved to be speaking of US abusively! 1Peter 4:4
Abusive? Nothing like it please. The only thing i have against you people is the idea of trying to convert christians, taking yourselves to be the only true worshippers of God.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Not A Trinity / Deeper Life Bible Church Believe / “heaven No Easy Oo” – Nigerian Woman Claims She “died” And Came Back To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.