Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God (50640 Views)

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel / Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 3:37am On Nov 24, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Aletheia. . .I bet you will say everything in the world and in heaven is in christ?

How did you know? We will make a Christian of you yet! grin
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.(Acts 17:28)

Sweetnecta:

Jesus didnt say it, though claimed for him. This is similar to aletheia has completely lost it, since that condition is claimed for him. If you deny this, then the claim of 1 Roman8;1 is also denied.
^Jesus didn't say it? The usual Muslim excuse. The Holy Spirit said it, ergo Jesus said it. I guess you want the direct words, okay:
Jesus said: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
(John 3:36)

Sweetnecta:

Are these men not dead? Are they not buried? We see why Bible comes into a tailspin to 180 degree, since those who ate manna from heaven were declared dead, yet by extension to their past they are children of Jacob who is still alive.

Am not going to ask how they knew these two men, but arent they dead, and not counted among the living, above, since God is the God of the living; Abrahanm, Isaac and Jacob?

If this is not fairy tale, what is fairy tale?
^
I can see you do not understand what this means: "I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living." And was it dead men that your name dropping prophet claimed to see on his alleged night journey? Borrowing from the Bible without understanding the implications.

But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. (Jude 1:10)

Sweetnecta:

Jesus son of Mary is born by flesh; Mary. Aletheia was born of flesh of two nigerians; his parents.
^
You must be born again.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.(John 3:6)

. . .flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. (1 Corinthians 15:50)

But as then [i]he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.[/i] (Galatians 4:29)

Sweetnecta:

I dont know how truth becomes apologetic and hateful? From where i am looking at from, I see you as a gullible man that could be spun with a finger and and a string.
^Apologetics not apologetic. There is a difference! Dictionary anyone?
A gullible man believes everything he is told. . .so why don't you post those verses from the qur'an that I am still waiting for so that this gullible man will believe that Ruuh Qudus is Gabriel? Abi you dey fear?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by bashydemy(m): 4:42am On Nov 24, 2010
@aletheia am very sorry to say this you are the dumbest of the highest order OMG do we need to open you skull to make you understand? someone who cannot save himself cannot safe any man someone who cried on the cross of Calvary that my God my God why had thou forsaken me, wish part of that statement you don't understand?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 5:41am On Nov 24, 2010
bashy_demy:

@aletheia. . .you are the dumbest of the highest order. . .
^
aletheia:

The Muslims' own idea of apologetics is to hurl personal abuse and hateful invective. grin
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 123jml: 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2010
?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by archive(f): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2010
find out why Nigerians should leave Juju alone -- www.thenigerianarchive.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by bashydemy(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2010
aletheia:

^
everything look like an insult to you
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2010
bashy_demy:

everything look like an insult to you
You must be born again.
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:3)
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Sweetnecta: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2010
@Aletheia: « #928 on: November 24, 2010, 03:37 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on November 24, 2010, 02:35 AM
@Aletheia. . .I bet you will say everything in the world and in heaven is in christ?

How did you know? We will make a Christian of you yet! Grin
For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.(Acts 17:28)[/Quote]I was going cancel out a site from my computer this evening and suddenly, i realize that aletheia will post something that the content will be appropriate for the site. Subhanallah, here it is; Moses Nachmanides and The Debate in Barcelona, Spain, 1263

The most famous of all Jewish-Christian disputations was between the apostate Jew Pablo Christiani and Moses Nachmanides (the Ramban).

Nachmanides argued that the central issue separating Christianity and Judaism was not the issue of Jesus’ messiahship, but whether or not Jesus was divine. There was no basis in Judaism, Nachmanides said, for believing in the divinity of the Messiah or, indeed, of any man. To Nachmanides, it seemed most strange "that the Creator of heaven and earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewess and grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards… he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, cannot tolerate this." Nachmanides told the Spanish monarch, "You have listened all your life to priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled with you because of that accustomed habit." Had King James heard these ideas propounded for the first time when he was already an adult, Nachmanides implied, he never would have accepted them.

Quote from: Sweetnecta on November 24, 2010, 02:35 AM
Jesus didnt say it, though claimed for him. This is similar to aletheia has completely lost it, since that condition is claimed for him. If you deny this, then the claim of 1 Roman8;1 is also denied.
^Jesus didn't say it? The usual Muslim excuse. The Holy Spirit said it, ergo Jesus said it. I guess you want the direct words, okay:
Jesus said: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)[quote][/Quote]Lol in your local dialect, what ever it is. Whats the name of the Holy Spirit? (Watch aletheia and see a waffler in action. I only ask for a name and there will all fun and games and no name coming forth. watch him).

[Quote]He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.(John 3:36)[/Quote]There is no son and I'm alive, still.ALhamdulillah. Did you read my story and see how Allah protected my head on friday past and on monday preserved the life of a dear soul, though they phoned that she had died? Reminded me of the false death that took place 2000 years, ago.

Are these men not dead? Are they not buried? We see why Bible comes into a tailspin to 180 degree, since those who ate manna from heaven were declared dead, yet by extension to their past they are children of Jacob who is still alive.

Am not going to ask how they knew these two men, but arent they dead, and not counted among the living, above, since God is the God of the living; Abrahanm, Isaac and Jacob?

If this is not fairy tale, what is fairy tale?
^
I can see you do not understand what this means: "I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living." And was it dead men that your name dropping prophet claimed to see on his alleged night journey? Borrowing from the Bible without understanding the implications.[/Quote]Allah is God of all. Living and dead. Animals and others. He woke many up as He Willed. He kept many dead as He willed. And one in his grave his soul is returned to him, often, and many the earth are forbidden to eat them. Look at Surah Najm, again. Quran is a different tongue brought to him by one terrific in power; Jibril.

[Quote]But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. (Jude 1:10)[/Quote]? Desperado.

Jesus son of Mary is born by flesh; Mary. Aletheia was born of flesh of two nigerians; his parents.
^
You must be born again.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.(John 3:6)

. . .flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. (1 Corinthians 15:50)

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. (Galatians 4:29)[/Quote]Ritualists. Say, aletheia, who is persecuting you? I guess you are born of the spirit, not by the nigerian couple still alive in 9ja.

I dont know how truth becomes apologetic and hateful? From where i am looking at from, I see you as a gullible man that could be spun with a finger and and a string.
^Apologetics not apologetic. There is a difference! Dictionary anyone?[/Quote]regardless of the meanings. The idea is clear. not even considering the slip of the finger, like the slip of the pen of the rabbis as they corrupted the Taurah.

[Quote]A gullible man believes everything he is told. . .so why don't you post those verses from the qur'an that I am still waiting for so that this gullible man will believe that Ruuh Qudus is Gabriel? Abi you dey fear?[/Quote]I said there is Jibril. You said yes. I said there is RuhuQudus in Islam, which is on the pages of the Quran. You said yes. I said Jbril is RuhuQudus, you said no. Please tell me who RuhuQudus is?
You said there are three gods in Trinity, I said there are no 3 gods, and no trinity. You are trying to prove to me your trinity so you listed the names of the gods in them; son god is jesus, father god is yahweh and spirit god is nameless. Is this proof, I ask you aletheia? This inabiity of yours to give a name of your spirit god is a destruction of your trinity, while Jibril fits perfectly to the RuhuQudus. What fits to the Holy spirit? Tell me so that i can read it. the whole world awaits its name. You were not shy about father, not shy about the son, why shy and become a recluse about the holy spirit?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 11:38pm On Nov 26, 2010
Sweetnecta:

To Nachmanides, it seemed most strange "that the Creator of heaven and earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewess and grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards… he came to life and returned to his original place.  The mind of a Jew, or any other person, cannot tolerate this."

What rich irony! Exactly what we 've been telling you all this while. Your Nachmanides is not saying anything different from what is written in the Bible. The message of the Gospel of Jesus is foolishness to the mind of man.

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Sadly what you fail to perceive is this:

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Sweetnecta:

There is no son and I'm alive, still.
^You are sadly mistaken. Though living physically, yet by the Word of God, you are dead apart from Jesus.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. (John 3:36)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: (John 11:25)

Sweetnecta:

I guess you are born of the spirit. . .
^Again how did you know? You will soon become a Christian!

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:5)

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. (1 John 5:1)

Sweetnecta:

I said Jbril is RuhuQudus,

^^Just post the verses where the qur'an said Jibril is the Ruuh Qudus and be done with it.

Sweetnecta:

'You said there are three gods in Trinity
How disingenuous. Must you lie about what I said in order to prove your point. I challenge you to show me one thread where you and I discussed the nature of the Trinity. In any case, I have never ever said that "there are three gods in Trinity."[u] My confession is clear: Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is God.

Sweetnecta:

You are trying to prove to me your trinity so you listed the names of the gods in them; son god is jesus, father god is yahweh and spirit god is nameless.
You are the one creating lists of names. I haven't had that sort of discussion with you. My confession is clear: Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is God.

Sweetnecta:

This inabiity of yours to give a name of your spirit god is a destruction of your trinity, while Jibril fits perfectly to the RuhuQudus. What fits to the Holy spirit? Tell me so that i can read it. the whole world awaits its name. You were not shy about father, not shy about the son, why shy and become a recluse about the holy spirit?
^Who is shy about the Holy Spirit? From Genesis to Revelation, the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit or other synonyms thereof, no name is given, no name is necessary; for God is a Spirit. The true Christian will not go beyond what is written in the Bible because he is not like the Muslim who is forever adding words to the qur'an; the qur'an does not anywhere say or state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit, it is Muslims like Sweetnecta that say so.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. (Revelation 19:11-16)

Maranatha
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Sweetnecta: 12:19am On Nov 27, 2010
@Aletheia: « #936 on: Today at 11:38:02 PM »
[QUote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 10:26:38 PM
To Nachmanides, it seemed most strange "that the Creator of heaven and earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewess and grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards… he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, cannot tolerate this."

What rich irony! Exactly what we 've been telling you all this while. Your Nachmanides is not saying anything different from what is written in the Bible. The message of the Gospel of Jesus is foolishness to the mind of man.[/Quote]The Gospel was preached to Jewish men. The Jews knew that he was a human being. Read it, again. Here you shuffle over to the stage. A gentile that Jesus called dog, now claim that he must be God. You see why I said you are a perfect slave for a white slave master? Was the Gospel meant for the minds of angels? Which angels? Did any angel need or received the gospel, but men, jewish men for that matter? Dont be silly aletheia. You are not using your head at all.

[QUote]But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.[/Quote]The first bold is uncalled for. Abusing God is the greatest blasphemy. The second bold proves that Jesus is not God, since a mere group of people easily overwhelmed him.

[Quote]For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.[/Quote]Are you not a natural man, aletheia? What nonsense that is coming from your mouth?

[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 10:26:38 PM
There is no son and I'm alive, still.
^You are sadly mistaken. Though living physically, yet by the Word of God, you are dead apart from Jesus.[/Quote]Did you read my story; 2 events in 4 days? My head was protected by Allah. And one of my beloved was declared dead that they even called me up here. Yet she was alive. She is just a few years older than 33 and still alive. I guess they made mistake even in today's medical climate. so what can we say of 2000 years ago?

[Quote]He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. (John 3:36)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: (John 11:25)[/Quote]Use your mind for a moment. You are a doctor. Tell me if what happen on monday was a testimony to the misdiagnosis of over 2000 years ago?

I guess you are born of the spirit. . .
^Again how did you know? You will soon become a Christian![/Quote]I made fun of your stupidity, you are happy. Alitalia is a trip and then some.

[Quote]Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:5)
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. (1 John 5:1)[/Quote]Preach on. Your preaching is a mind game to you. continue to fool yourself. Jesus will say to you "i never knew you".

I said Jbril is RuhuQudus,
^^Just post the verses where the qur'an said Jibril is the Ruuh Qudus and be done with it.[/Quote]Do you even think? Who is RuhuQudus?

'You said there are three gods in Trinity
How disingenuous. Must you lie about what I said in order to prove your point. I challenge you to show me one thread where you and I discussed the nature of the Trinity. In any case, I have never ever said that "there are three gods in Trinity."[u] My confession is clear: Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is God.[/Quote]You cant make up your mind which one jesus is, eh? I feel you. Yet there is still father god and ghost god, like the three little piggies. Aletheia, i sometimes respond to you because its time to laugh. Whats the difference in you saying it or its extrapolated from what you said. Count it, you said Jesus is son god. then you said yahweh is father god and them there is a ghost god with no name. How many gods you have listed if not at least three? You must be a joke to think that a sane mind will think otherwise.

You are trying to prove to me your trinity so you listed the names of the gods in them; son god is jesus, father god is yahweh and spirit god is nameless.
You are the one creating lists of names. I haven't had that sort of discussion with you. My confession is clear: Jesus is the Son of God. Jesus is God.[/Qupte]shakes head for such a mind that the bold came from.

This inabiity of yours to give a name of your spirit god is a destruction of your trinity, while Jibril fits perfectly to the RuhuQudus. What fits to the Holy spirit? Tell me so that i can read it. the whole world awaits its name. You were not shy about father, not shy about the son, why shy and become a recluse about the holy spirit?
^Who is shy about the Holy Spirit? From Genesis to Revelation, the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit or other synonyms thereof, no name is given, no name is necessary; for God is a Spirit.[/Quote]Yet you gladly volunteered yahweh for father god, Jesus for son god and when it came to ghost god, you became a man that cant provide a name.

[Quote]The true Christian will not go beyond what is written in the Bible because he is not like the Muslim who is forever adding words to the qur'an; the qur'an does not anywhere say or state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit, it is Muslims like Sweetnecta that say so.[/Quote]Jibril (AS) is the holy spirit. Holy spirit is only a title, while Jibril is is real name. He has other titles as well.When you are ready to ditch the destruction that you carry around, I will list his titles and i will show you what you have overlooked in the Quran.

[Quote]Quote
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. (Revelation 19:11-16)

Maranatha[/Quote]You are on your own. This mind of yours is diseased.[/quote]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 8:06am On Nov 27, 2010
Sweetnecta:

The first bold is uncalled for. Abusing God is the greatest blasphemy. The second bold proves that Jesus is not God, since a mere group of people easily overwhelmed him.
What piety on your part! Take the blinkers off! I repeat:
aletheia:

The message of the Gospel of Jesus is foolishness to the mind of man.

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Sweetnecta:

Are you not a natural man, aletheia? What nonsense that is coming from your mouth?

You only confirm my words:
aletheia:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

Sweetnecta:

Did you read my story; 2 events in 4 days? My head was protected by Allah. And one of my beloved was declared dead that they even called me up here. Yet she was alive. She is just a few years older than 33 and still alive. I guess they made mistake even in today's medical climate. so what can we say of 2000 years ago?
^^The Heavenly Father is merciful to you for He's still giving you opportunity to repent and be saved. Had your head struck the floor and you died without Christ; You 'd be lost. So give thanks to the Heavenly Father and Jesus our Lord, who spared your life that day. A time may come when it will be too late. Indeed on the Day of Judgment; you Sweetnecta (or Hamza---that may be your name, I guess) will be without excuse for the gospel has been proclaimed to you severally but instead you have allowed the gall of bitterness to take root in your heart. Repent!
. . .for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

Sweetnecta:

Use your mind for a moment. You are a doctor. Tell me if what happen on monday was a testimony to the misdiagnosis of over 2000 years ago?
^^How desperate can you get to justify your lies? How do the events in a possibly quack clinic in Lagos prove that a misdiagnosis occurred 2000 years ago? Now I see how easily you lie to yourself Really? The depths to which men sink in order to avoid the truth.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. (John 3:17-21)

Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit. (Jeremiah 7:cool

Sweetnecta:

Jibril (AS) is the holy spirit. Holy spirit is only a title, while Jibril is is real name. He has other titles as well.When you are ready to ditch the destruction that you carry around, I will list his titles and i will show you what you have overlooked in the Quran.
^^You Muslims are always so ecstatic when you can prove a Christian wrong. I made a categorical statement. [size=14pt]There are no qur'anic verses that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit.[/size] Yet you are still huffing and puffing to no effect after many days and round about posts. Simply post the verses once and for all and prove aletheia wrong or else let it be known that Islam lies when it claims Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. And if Islam lies on this point; what other things has it lied about?

Sweetnecta:

You are on your own. This mind of yours is diseased.
The Muslims' own idea of apologetics is to hurl personal abuse and hateful invective. grin
^What a great advert for the hypocrisy of the religion of "peace"
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 11:08am On Nov 27, 2010
@Sweetnecta and Bash, you guys are being too Charitable to alethia, here is a guy that could not answer the simple question "Was Jesus lying or telling the truth when he said he was Ignorant of when the day of Judgment is" Instead of answering it he behaves invented a way out, just ask another question to divert their attension, it is an art Christian like alithea are masters in.

vedaxcool:

in any case your Jesus(whom you call god) depended on God(the one you call the father) when he said "let this cup pass over me" yet his father according to your theology failed to answer him, the question is why are you turning a blind eye on that and making all the fuss about Muhammd pbuh whom was in every respect a man, he life was ,your lord(Jesus) blasphemed when he accused God of forsaking him the question again is why has this eluded a brain? [size=18pt]you make an arguement that has all its fingers pointing at Jesus-you lord- you say he is god yet he looked for swords to defend himself and when go no go everybody deserted him, the question arises if he is god and had all the powers that you ascirbe to him, then his disciples did not believe he could even protect a flie, that was why sensibly? they forsook him, with all the wonders he worked in their mist they still saw him as another man that can easily be hacked down, that is why none of his 12 disciples stood by him,l because they knew that he could not save himself talkless of saving them.[/size] Again we read your god being slapped and spat on, and being treated unfairly, yet he was just too powerless to do anything, you said ALLAH did not save Muhammad Pbuh from death, no ALLAH had destined that he will die that very day and hour, [size=18pt]but knowing the coward you are you will probably glance over Jesus failure as god and remain silent that form of despiration is very Pauline in nature if you know what I mean. [/size]

alithea-Mr. Faith by despiartion--->
"When no answer can be given a question is asked"
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 11:23am On Nov 27, 2010
go to the link below and you would discover that alithea does not know his religion well enough to explain things and resulted in praying to God so as to answer nopuqeater which till date, it seems God has not answered his Prayer, or alithea did you pray drunk?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-493057.0.html#msg6530662
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by DeepSight(m): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2010
Deep Sight - A LONG TIME AGO:

Most importantly, can you shed light on Jesus’ repeated references to “his God.” He clearly showed himself to be worshipping God, even praying to God on several occasions. Could God pray to God? Does this make sense to you David?

The most spectacular of all his prayers, for me, is the statement in Gethsemane – “Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt”

This statement shows something cardinal: if Jesus were God, as you lot like to claim, his will, and the will of the Father would be absolutely inseparable! This prayer shows clearly that the Father’s will could be different from Jesus’ will, when he says – “not as I will, but as thou wilt”. For me this is the most damning verse against the idea that Jesus is himself God. Because it shows a clear dichotomy of WILL between the father and the so called “son.” But I expect that in your usual fashion you will disregard Jesus’ own words in favour of your dogma.

In defending this, don’t you even dare bring up the lame line that it was his “human fear” that was speaking. Even mere mortals have shown great courage at the point of execution, or in battle, and you want to convince me that ALMIGHTY GOD, in human form, was not capable of stout hearted courage (especially when he was divine, and knew the purpose of his mission on the cross, and how sacred it was). Mere men have laid down their lives for their countries, happily and without asking for the cup to be removed from them. Gallantly! Now GOD himself, in human form, is not capable of such courage, to save his creatures?

Face it David: your dogma is more precious to you than the words of Jesus himself, who you call saviour and “God”!

Finally it is most pertinent to note that Jesus showed what sort of relationship he had with God when he says – “I am ascending to your father and my father, my God and your God”. [John 20:17]

This makes it pretty clear that in the same way as God is father for us, he is Father for Jesus, and that in the same way as God is God for us, he is God for Jesus.

No wonder 1 Pet. 1:3 – “Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ!”
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by bashydemy(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2010
@vedaxcool thanks for the thread i never know someone else is monitoring things as i do and that why i refuse to answer most of aletheia  and the rest lost sheep Question cos when you ask them any Question the jump over it and ask you another question without answering your question so what was the benefit of the argument when you know nothing about your believe (aletheia) pls no more answer until you answer those questions
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2010
^^^See all the Muslims on this thread scuttling about, agitated and unable to post the verses from the qur'an that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit.

aletheia:

You Muslims are always so ecstatic when you can prove a Christian wrong. I made a categorical statement. [size=14pt]There are no qur'anic verses that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit.[/size] Yet you are still huffing and puffing to no effect after many days and round about posts. Simply post the verses once and for all and prove aletheia wrong or else let it be known that Islam lies when it claims Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. And if Islam lies on this point; what other things has it lied about?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by bashydemy(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2010
^^^ see all the xtains guys run away from truth and you are left behind with your strong heart, i believe the rest are now praising Allah (SWT) for saving there life
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Sweetnecta: 12:45am On Nov 28, 2010
@aletheia; [Quote]^^The Heavenly Father is merciful to you for He's still giving you opportunity to repent and be saved. Had your head struck the floor and you died without Christ;[/Quote]you dont have a heavenly father. if you do he is not capable to protect me, when Allah has been my Protector for almost 60 years, that i have been alive. I have been in car accidents where a car that is like tank, tore through my car and at another time my tank like car was hit so badly that it was mangled up. In each of them, I came out with nothing more than being shaken up in each. My Protector has always been Allah, my Creator. Your father cant do nothing for me. He let gang of jews killed his son. Remember and I'm not his son. I dont wanna be his son.

[Quote]You 'd be lost. So give thanks to the Heavenly Father and Jesus our Lord, who spared your life that day.[/Quote]lol. Desperate man. he resorted to desperate measures; begging. If you gravel, I will not loo at you; your appeal is a filth. Your father who cant even protect his begging son, who begged in vain. What do I need with a duo like that, when Allah is Completely Enough? My head was protected in the same way the lips and tongue and heart of Prophet Ayub (AS; Job) was protected because we make dhikr to Allah with them.

[Quote]A time may come when it will be too late. Indeed on the Day of Judgment; you Sweetnecta (or Hamza---that may be your name, I guess) will be without excuse for the gospel has been proclaimed to you severally but instead you have allowed the gall of bitterness to take root in your heart. Repent![/Quote]I am satisfied with the direction of my life. Alhamdulillah. There is an h after the last a in my name.

[Quote]Quote
. . .for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)[/Quote]Quote your corrupt book. The pen of the scribes had done you in. I am free of you.

[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 12:19:23 AM
Use your mind for a moment. You are a doctor. Tell me if what happen on monday was a testimony to the misdiagnosis of over 2000 years ago?
^^How desperate can you get to justify your lies? How do the events in a possibly quack clinic in Lagos prove that a misdiagnosis occurred 2000 years ago? Now I see how easily you lie to yourself Really? The depths to which men sink in order to avoid the truth.[/Quote]Are you saying that what I said happened on Monday didnt happen? You are a troubled soul, aletheia. Lagos is the capital city of Nigeria, in my eye, just like New York City is the capital city of USA. The best happens in Lagos, just like the best happens in NYC. If you live in Lagos, you should know it. Since you are a doctor, I think quack knows about quackery. If in 2010, you think Nigeria has quack clinics and doctors (the same education you have they have, too; lol), then lets have a throw back to 2010 years back and see how Jerusalem was, with their MRI machines and up to date modern facilities of medicine (and they took the dead to a cave instead of a grave), their ability to detect the faintest of heart beat, or with full knowledge that a dead person does not have blood circulation. You aletheia is a dishonest man if you will discredit a clinic in today's Lagos and lionize the mere bowing of head in 2010 years ago in Jerusalem as sound medical decision or judgment for death.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Osama10(m): 2:29am On Nov 28, 2010
Thread should be locked now.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 4:35am On Nov 28, 2010
Sweetnecta:

The best happens in Lagos, just like the best happens in NYC. If you live in Lagos, you should know it. Since you are a doctor, I think quack knows about quackery. If in 2010, you think Nigeria has quack clinics and doctors (the same education you have they have, too; lol), then lets have a throw back to 2010 years back and see how Jerusalem was, with their MRI machines and up to date modern facilities of medicine (and they took the dead to a cave instead of a grave), their ability to detect the faintest of heart beat, or with full knowledge that a dead person does not have blood circulation. You aletheia is a dishonest man if you will discredit a clinic in today's Lagos and lionize the mere bowing of head in 2010 years ago in Jerusalem as sound medical decision or judgment for death.
^I grew up in Lagos. I know what is and is not in Lagos. My wife and parents are in Lagos. You on the other hand admitted that you know little of Nigeria. All na shakara. You are basing your assertion on a mere rumor. Your relations called you to report their mistaken belief that someone was dead. Was it the medical personnel in attendance that declared the person dead? See how easily deceived you are because you reject the truth?
aletheia:

How desperate can you get to justify your lies? How do the events in a possibly quack clinic in Lagos prove that a misdiagnosis occurred 2000 years ago? Now I see how easily you lie to yourself Really? The depths to which men sink in order to avoid the truth.

Sweetnecta:

. . .Remember and I'm not his son. I dont wanna be his son.
^^Your choice; but remember unless you repent and turn to Jesus; these words will stand as witness against you on the Day of Judgment. May God have mercy on you.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12:37)

In any case, this is just diversionary tactics on your part. Just post the verses from the qur'an that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. Simple.

aletheia:

You Muslims are always so ecstatic when you can prove a Christian wrong. I made a categorical statement. [size=14pt]There are no qur'anic verses that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit.[/size] Yet you are still huffing and puffing to no effect after many days and round about posts. Simply post the verses once and for all and prove aletheia wrong or else let it be known that Islam lies when it claims Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. And if Islam lies on this point; what other things has it lied about?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by bashydemy(m): 8:03am On Nov 28, 2010
aletheia:

^^Your choice; but remember unless you repent and turn to Jesus; these words will stand as witness against you on the Day of Judgment. May God have mercy on you.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12:37)

hey what Jesus are you talking about is that your same god or my own isa ibn maryam? if it was that youe same god then you are looser to even think that someone who could not help himself, someone who cry bitterly for help will help me, someone who was beatten, spat on by the jew guy you need medical check up as a Dr
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Sweetnecta: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2010
@Aletheia; « #947 on: Today at 04:35:19 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 12:45:28 AM
The best happens in Lagos, just like the best happens in NYC. If you live in Lagos, you should know it. Since you are a doctor, I think quack knows about quackery. If in 2010, you think Nigeria has quack clinics and doctors (the same education you have they have, too; lol), then lets have a throw back to 2010 years back and see how Jerusalem was, with their MRI machines and up to date modern facilities of medicine (and they took the dead to a cave instead of a grave), their ability to detect the faintest of heart beat, or with full knowledge that a dead person does not have blood circulation. You aletheia is a dishonest man if you will discredit a clinic in today's Lagos and lionize the mere bowing of head in 2010 years ago in Jerusalem as sound medical decision or judgment for death.
^I grew up in Lagos. I know what is and is not in Lagos. My wife and parents are in Lagos. You on the other hand admitted that you know little of Nigeria.[/Quote]Compared to you. Yes.Now are you okay with my answer, or should I know more about Nigeria than you, right this moment? But the patient was in Nigeria. She knows more of Nigeria than me, almost as good or better than you since she is proper lagosian. You seem to say by the above that you are not in Lagos since your parents and wife are there, giving the impression that you are not residing there. If Nigerian Medicine is deemed quack by you, how do you exclude yourself from QUACKERY?

[Quote] All na shakara. You are basing your assertion on a mere rumor. Your relations called you to report their mistaken belief that someone was dead. Was it the medical personnel in attendance that declared the person dead? See how easily deceived you are because you reject the truth?[/Quote]Read my entry. My family didnt call me. But the medical personal, assisting the doctor. You read upside down entries, when I said hospital personnel now becomes my family member? I guess you hate the fact that mistake made 2010 years ago is repeated in Lagos last week Monday. Alhamdulillah. I will never worship what you worship. Nor shall you worship what I worship (if you remain out of Islam). You way is yours, and mine way is for me.

[Quote]Quote from: aletheia on Yesterday at 08:06:17 AM
How desperate can you get to justify your lies? How do the events in a possibly quack clinic in Lagos prove that a misdiagnosis occurred 2000 years ago? Now I see how easily you lie to yourself Really? The depths to which men sink in order to avoid the truth.[/Quote]You both went through the same educational system. If he is a quack, you are not immune from quackery.

[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 12:45:28 AM
. . .Remember and I'm not his son. I dont wanna be his son.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matthew 12:37)]/Quote]Keep your father who will not favor you in the very day. You are reading it from a follower of Muhammad (AS).

[Quote]In any case, this is just diversionary tactics on your part. Just post the verses from the qur'an that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. Simple.[/Quote]Remember that his was your proposal about son and father. Further, you are the accuser of Quran. You cant deny that you say RuhuQudus on its pages. I said it is Jibril (AS). You said he is not. Please present your evidence and the name of the RuhuQudus. If you wish make any claim that you wish to make. While you are at it, I have asked you many times to give me the name of the Biblical Holy Spirit, in the same manner that you have attached Yahweh to father god, and Jesus to son god. Though Yahweh is only a title, just like Messiah is, neither being a proper name, we at least have a title. Give me a pronoun (title) of the Holy Spirit. Let me make it easy for you, if I say jesus is messiah as it is written in the Bible, what can I call the holy spirit, that shall stand for Jesus or messiah? People watch him how he will fall flat on his face. I have stated that RuhuQudus is Jibril, a Malaika (AS). What is Holy spirit of the Bible; give me his specific name or title, and we already know that he is from the group of your gods in TRINITY.

[Quote]Quote from: aletheia on Yesterday at 08:06:17 AM
You Muslims are always so ecstatic when you can prove a Christian wrong. I made a categorical statement. There are no qur'anic verses that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. Yet you are still huffing and puffing to no effect after many days and round about posts. Simply post the verses once and for all and prove aletheia wrong or else let it be known that Islam lies when it claims Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. And if Islam lies on this point; what other things has it lied about?[/Quote]I have asked you to wager away your faith in Christianity so that I show you verse about RuhuQudus and others that Jibril (AS) is so named. You want proofs? Wager and stand behind it, if you have the gut, while you cant even provide a name for Holy GHOST in the Bible.[/quote]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^^

This challenge is too much for the coward alethia to take up, he is even too timid to admit that his god did not know the day of judgment.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by silami(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2010
So far, I've been able to find 10 such passages proving the deity of Jesus Christ. These may grow, as the Lord reveals other passages to me. These are the 10 reasons why Jesus is God.

Sin-Forgiving God (Mark 2:5-7; Matthew 9:2)
In Mark 2:5-7, we see a story of a man with palsy, whom Jesus told his sins were forgiven. But the scribes had a problem with that statement because they thought that Jesus blasphemed. They knew that when Jesus made the statement, "Son your sins are forgiven you," He was saying in essence that He was God. In fact, they said:

Well, the scribes are right. Only God can forgive sins - in the real sense of the word. Jesus would have to be God to make such a statement. In fact, I believe He said that to subtly declare His deity.
When you really think about it, we can only sin against God. Even though we often use the phrase "I forgive you" flippantly when someone does something against us, in the real sense of the word, we have no power to forgive sins. When someone does something against us, the person offends us, not sin against us. But the person sins against God. We can only sin against God because He alone has the power to forgive sins.

For instance, in Genesis 39 when Potiphar's wife tried to convince Joseph to sleep with her, Joseph said to her:

So how could I commit this great badness and actually sin against God?" Genesis 39:9
Notice that Joseph said he would sin against God, not Potiphar, his boss, if he slept with Potiphar's wife. Why? Because he knew he could only sin against God, not man. He could offend man, but only sin against God. Likewise, King David in Psalm 51, which he wrote after he slept with Bathsheba (Uriah's wife), wrote regarding God,

Against you (God), you alone, I have sinned,

And what is bad in your eyes I have done,

In order that you may prove to be righteous when you speak,

That you may be in the clear when you judge.

So, Jesus' ability to forgive sin speaks to His deity. As the scribes rightly asked rhetorically in Mark 2:7, "who can forgive sins, except one, God?"

A Worship-Worthy God (Revelation 1:12-17)
There are several instances in the Bible where whenever someone tried to worship an angel, the angel would stop the person from worshipping him. For instance, in Revelation 19:1-10, when John, the Revelator, tried to worship an angel, the angel prevented him from doing so, saying that he was just a servant like John, but that only God should be worshipped.

:
At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: "Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying." - Revelation 19:10

But in Revelation 1:12-17, when John saw Jesus he bowed to worship Him, but Jesus didn't stop him from worshipping Him. Because He is God and worthy to be worshiped.

And when I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand upon me and said: "Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, - Revelation 1:17

Well, if Jesus Christ is the first of God's creations, it means that the rest of mankind is equal to Jesus. If not, it would mean that one's older sibling is superior to one just by virtue of being older.
So, if it means that the rest of mankind is equal with Jesus Christ, why then does Jesus allow other human beings to worship Him without stopping them from worshipping Him, since God alone is worthy to be worshipped? Even angels did not allow human beings to worship them.
It's obvious. It's because He is God!

The First and the Last (Isaiah 44:6; Revelation 1:17-18)
As mentioned above, If Jesus is the first of God's creation, that makes Him the first, but not the last. But Jesus said that He is the First and the Last (Rev. 1:17). But what is even more interesting is that God said the same thing about Himself in Isaiah 44:6. Well, there can be only one first and last.

And when I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand upon me and said: "Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Hell -- Rev. 1:17-18

Now, if God said that He is the First and the Last, and besides Him there's no God, why then did Jesus refer to Himself as the First and the Last also? At least we can tell that the "him" in Revelation 1:17 is referring to Jesus Christ, not God, because Jesus is the only living One who was dead but now lives. God didn't die.

Same attributes as God (Daniel 7:9-10 vs. Rev. 1:13-15)

There are several instances in the Bible where Jesus Christ is described as having the same attribute as God. For instance in Malachi 3:6, God reminded the Israelites about His unchanging nature.
NWTHS
"For I am GOD; I have not changed. And YOU are sons of Jacob; YOU have not come to YOUR finish.

Well, the writer of Hebrews, in Hebrews 13:8 wrote the same thing about Jesus Christ:

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever.

If Jesus is the first born of all creations, why would the writer of Hebrews say that He is the same yesterday, today and forever? Only God is unchanging! Even angels change! After all, Lucifer and a third of the angels rebelled against God (Isaiah 14:12-20 and Ezekiel 28:12-17).
Also, to prove that Jesus is God, the same way God was described in Daniel 7:9-10 is the same way Jesus was described in Revelation 1:13-15. In Daniel 7, Daniel had a vision and in the vision he saw the Ancient of Days (God):

"I kept on beholding until there were thrones placed and the Ancient of Days sat down. His clothing was white just like snow, and the hair of his head was like clean wool. His throne was flames of fire; its wheels were a burning fire. --Daniel 7:9

, and in the midst of the lampstands someone like a son of man, clothed with a garment that reached down to the feet, and girded at the breasts with a golden girdle. Moreover, his head and his hair were white as white wool, as snow, and his eyes as a fiery flame; and his feet were like fine copper when glowing in a furnace; and his voice was as the sound of many waters. -- Revelation 1:13-15

One with the Father (John 10:30-33)

In John 10:30 Jesus told the Jews, "I and the Father are one." To which the Jews picked up stones to stone Him.

If YOU men had known me, YOU would have known my Father also; from this moment on YOU know him and have seen him."
Philip said to him: "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us."
Jesus said to him: "Have I been with YOU men so long a time, and yet, Philip, you have not come to know me? He that has seen me has seen the Father [also]. How is it you say, 'Show us the Father'?

My Lord and My God (John 20:28)
One of the most compelling verses in the Bible, is in John 20:28 when Thomas touched Jesus' hands and sides after His resurrection before he could believe that indeed He rose from the dead. Thomas exclaimed, "My Lord and My God!" proving that Jesus indeed is God. If not, he wouldn't have made that statement or he would have been blaspheming. And if Jesus is not God He would have corrected Thomas when he made that statement.

The Omniscient God (John 21:15-17; Matt: 9:4, 12:25)
Another attribute of God exhibited by Jesus Christ is His omniscience; i.e., the ability to know all things. In John 21:15-17, after Jesus' resurrection, He asked Peter three times if He loved Him, then told him to feed His lambs, tend His sheep and feed His sheep.

He said to him the third time: "Simon son of John, do you have affection for me?" Peter became grieved that he said to him the third time: "Do you have affection for me?" So he said to him: "Lord, you know all things; you are aware that I have affection for you." Jesus said to him: "Feed my little sheep. - John 21:17

Notice Peter's response. Peter said, "Lord, You know all things." Well, only God is all knowing; i.e., omniscient!

Also, there are other passages in the Bible (Matthew 9:4, 12:25) that talk about Jesus knowing the thought of the Pharisees or His opponents. For instance, in Matthew 9:4, the passage says that "Jesus knew their thought." Well, a thought knowing attribute is an attribute of God; i.e., His omniscience. Only God knows the thoughts of man. The Psalmist says that He knows our thoughts from afar off (Psalm 139:2 and Psalm 94:11).

So, if Jesus is not God, He could not have known the thoughts of the people. By the way, this is an actual knowing of someone's thought, and not mind reading.

The Resurrection and the Life (John 10:17-18)
There are several instances in the Bible where dead people were brought back to life. From Elijah raising the Zarephath's widow's son (1 Kings 17:17-24) to Jesus raising Jairus' daughter (Mark 5:22-24, 35-43), to Peter raising Tabitha (Acts 9:39-40), to Paul raising Euthycus (Acts 20:9-10). One thing these 'resurrections' have in common is that these were cases where someone raised another person from the dead. Not the dead people themselves raising themselves from the dead.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ, on the other hand, is another proof of His deity. Only God has the power to lay down His life and raise it back again! In the other 'resurrections' the people who died just died, and they needed someone else to raise them up. Besides, the people who were raised from the dead later died again at some point. But Jesus raised Himself up; never to die again. He lives -- forever!

Indeed, Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25).

The Special-Miracle-Working God (John 11)
Jesus performed several miracles in His life. From calming a storm (Matthew 8:23-27); to walking on water (Mark 6:45-52); to feeding 5,000 men (Luke 9:10-17); etc. But of all His miracles, the most special, I believe, was raising Lazarus from the dead. This miracle, like many of His other special miracles, is a proof of His deity. It was most special because Lazarus had been dead for four days before Jesus raised him up! In fact, when Jesus asked that the stone covering the tomb be removed, Martha told Jesus, "Lord, by now he must smell, for it is four days." John 11:39

So, not only was Lazarus dead but his body had started to decompose, yet Jesus raised him from the dead. Only God, the One who could make even dry bones come alive again (Ezekiel 37:1-14), could raise a person that's been dead for four days!

The Mighty God (Isaiah 9:6)
In Isaiah 9:6, Isaiah prophesied about the coming of Jesus saying:

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

If you agree that the subject and object of this passage is the coming Messiah, you notice that the verse says that His name be called "Mighty God" (with a capital 'G') and "Eternal Father." Well then, if this passage is about Jesus Christ, and it says that He is the Mighty God and Eternal Father,

Besides, the word 'eternal' means "having infinite duration," "continued without intermission," "timeless," or "seemingly endless." To be eternal means to exist before and after time. So, definitely Jesus cannot be the first creation of God. If He were, He wouldn't be eternal!

Anyway, without belaboring the point, Jesus Christ, as a Christian song goes, is not just a man, He is God! Amen!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by aletheia(m): 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sweetnecta:

Read my entry. My family didnt call me. But the medical personal, assisting the doctor. You read upside down entries, when I said hospital personnel now becomes my family member? I guess you hate the fact that mistake made 2010 years ago is repeated in Lagos last week Monday. Alhamdulillah. I will never worship what you worship. Nor shall you worship what I worship (if you remain out of Islam). You way is yours, and mine way is for me.
^^Story, story. A person allegedly dies and it is the hospital personnel assisting the doctor that calls you not the person's relations? What a joke. So you affirm this: It was not the attending physician (let me put in American terms for you to understand) that certified her dead. Indeed you are truly desperate to be adducing as evidence for the non-crucifixion of Jesus; events of a poorly equipped clinic in Lagos.

vedaxcool:

This challenge is too much for the coward alethia to take up, he is even too timid to admit that his god did not know the day of judgment.
^^Crocodile tears! See who's calling aletheia coward and yet not one Muslim has had the courage or ability to disprove this simple statement.

aletheia:

[size=14pt]There are no qur'anic verses that state that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit.[/size] Yet you are still huffing and puffing to no effect after many days and round about posts. Simply post the verses once and for all and prove aletheia wrong or else let it be known that Islam lies when it claims Gabriel is the Holy Spirit. And if Islam lies on this point; what other things has it lied about?

I have given you guys more than enough time to disprove me but you are all running around in circles, tossing insults and trying to introduce diversions. Observers are therefore left with no other conclusion than that:

Sweetnecta, vedaxcool and co [size=14pt]cannot produce a single verse from the qur'an that states that Gabriel is the Holy Spirit.[/size]. Instead they have tried to hide that deficit by lies and insults and diversionary tactics.

Conclusion: Muslims lie when they say Gabriel is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is Lord Jesus is Sovereign over Allah who must bow before Jesus who is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings; the Only Potentate, to whom be glory and praise forever and ever. Amen!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 8:58am On Nov 29, 2010
^^^^

@sweetnecta to aliarstears:I have asked you to wager away your faith in Christianity so that I show you verse about RuhuQudus and others that Jibril (AS) is so named. You want proofs? Wager and stand behind it, if you have the gut, while you cant even provide a name for Holy GHOST in the Bible

vedaxcool:

^^^^

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 667: 9:14am On Nov 29, 2010
@sweetnecta to aliarstears:I have asked you to wager away your faith in Christianity so that I show you verse about RuhuQudus and others that Jibril (AS) is so named. You want proofs? Wager and stand behind it, if you have the gut, while you cant even provide a name for Holy GHOST in the Bible

Spirit has got no name. The holy spirit is God. God is an object of worship. God is a spirit and he is holy. That makes him the holy spirit.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 667: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2010
They are here in a descending order:
10- God cannot be born.
9- No explicit statement in which Jesus said, “I’m God” or “Worship me”.
8- No one can see God in this life.
7- Jesus never taught the Trinity.
6- God does not sleep, eat, drink, etc. Jesus slept, ate, drank, etc.
5- Jesus does not know everything.
4- Jesus explicitly states that he is not God.
3- The Bible does not call Jesus the son of God alone.
2- God cannot change. He is perfect.
1- God is the essence of the worship. He is the object of worship. Had Jesus been God, he would have told people to worship him. Truly, he did the exact opposite as in Matthew 15:9.

10- It was recorded that the mother of Jesus was still a virgin until after his birth- It is not the Body called Jesus, It is the spirit in that body that is God.

9- He was in the flesh as at then so could not have jeoopadised his mission by called himself God iin an explicit manner- The reason the Jew were angry with him when he called himself "The son of God" is because according t their tradition, the son of God mean God in Human form. Consult your encycloppidia and histrory for more understanding.- He also tried to made people understand by making statements like "before Abraham I am" not "I was" and many more.

8- True- He is a spirit and no one can see it. But spirit can possess a medium to express somethings and make himself visible.

7- 100% correct here.

6- Yes. But he is God and can choose t do so if he wants, read his viisit to Abraham before he sent the other two angels to sodom to destroy it, they eat, drank***

5- He was in the flesh and would not know everything. When he said he doesn't know he meant it. That was a top secret known to God(spirit) alone. But in revelation when he was back to being God he could say those things he couldn't say as flesh.

3- Jesus is "the son of God" . You are 'A Son of God" not "The Son of God".

2-

1-
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by bashydemy(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2010
@aletheia can you proof one verses in the Bible that Jesus i am God.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 667: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2010
You didn't read my post did you?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 11:41am On Dec 03, 2010
Of course yes, It contain nothing but deception or have i wrong?
*666*:

You didn't read my post did you?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Enigma(m): 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2010
Ọrọ wipe Ọlọrun ni Jesu Kristi really n dun awọn alakatakiti yi gaaaaan ni o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.