Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God (50589 Views)

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel / Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 123jml: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2010
The Bible says Jesus regarded God’s testimony as separate from his own.Jesus regarded himself and God as two, not “one.”

John 8:17 and 18: “I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father.”
John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”

If Jesus was God, He would have not have regarded God’s testimony as
separate from his own.
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]123jml you're 100 percent right . . . . maybe Christians should have been asking some certain questions by now after reading through your truthful post here.[/size]

Don't mind them .
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2010
[size=13pt]Christians are always ignorant of the truth. . . .what a pity!! smiley[/size]
123jml:

Don't mind them .

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2010
Dont worry, Oneday they will realise their mistakes by then chance of changing from------, to another is no more valid.

Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Christians are always ignorant of the truth. . . .what a pity!! smiley[/size]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2010
[size=13pt][font= OldMan Book Style]That'a true my dear. . . . i just hope they should change soon before it get's too late.[/font][/size]

chakula:

Dont worry, Oneday they will realise their mistakes by then chance of changing from------, to another is no more valid.

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2010
Ogaga abuzola votre ami est de retour, u espoir sont heureux

Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt][font= OldMan Book Style]That'a true my dear. . . . i just hope they should change soon before it get's too late.[/font][/size]

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2010
The Bible says that Jesus could not Do Anything by Himself.
John 5:19 “The son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he
sees his Father doing.”
John 5:30 “I can of mine own self do nothing.”
Jesus did not consider himself equal with God; rather he denied doing
anything by himself.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by SirWelly: 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
Jesus is Lord not GOD. There is a big difference btw Lord and GOD. Lord is Master. Jesus was created by GOD. In fact he was born by Mary. He remain human being not spirit or ghost. I've not read in any holy books that describe the physical appearance of GOD. That means HE's invisible. People of Jesus Christ saw, ate, and slept with him. GOD begot none nor was He begotten. I think it's satanic for any1 to ever think of comparing Jesus with GOD. Dont even imagine it man. I think it's over exaggeration to even say that Jesus is the Son of GOD and to worse it all say he is GOD. I reject it now!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by petres007(m): 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
Sir Welly:

Jesus is Lord not GOD. There is a big difference btw Lord and GOD. Lord is Master. Jesus was created by GOD. In fact he was born by Mary. He remain human being not spirit or ghost. I've not read in any holy books that describe the physical appearance of GOD. That means HE's invisible. People of Jesus Christ saw, ate, and slept with him. GOD begot none nor was He begotten. I think it's satanic for any1 to ever think of comparing Jesus with GOD. Dont even imagine it man. I think it's over exaggeration to even say that Jesus is the Son of GOD and to worse it all say he is GOD. I reject it now!

You can reject it all you want. . . still don't change nothing! grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 123jml: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2010
Sir Welly:

I think it's over exaggeration to even say that Jesus is the Son of GOD and to worse it all say he is GOD. I reject it now!

shocked shocked shocked That's very good thougt.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by fajiboy: 2:40am On Jun 05, 2010
I am a christain and i hv got sometin 2 say;
Any christain who claims to hv read the bible and still says that Jesus is God or believes in trinity is nothing but a fool.
The only reason why fools believe in this is because Jesus was born a mysterious birth.The question i would my trinity people are;
1. Can't God send an angel to earth in the form of christ, must God come directly to earth?
2.Why will a God on earth alway refer to his God in heaven even till d time of death?
3. If we hv multiple Gods then who is superior?remember God shares is glory with no one.
In conclusion, the belief in trinity is a misconception of the bible by man.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Osama10(m): 3:59am On Jun 05, 2010
Dont mind these foolish people dont they think, How can Jesus Christ be Jehovah God?

How can God send himself to earth to die for us and pray to himself again when he was undergoing trials.

People think for once, stop listening to your false prophet pastors. All they preach to you are all bunch of lies.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Enigma(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2010
Jesus IS God!
Jesus was NOT created!
Jesus was NOT made!
Rather Jesus IS begotten of the Father!
Jesus' baptism has nothing to do with His being begotten; rather Jesus IS eternally begotten!)
Jesus IS of one being with the Father!
Jesus WAS in the beginning, IS now and forever WILL BE! Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2010
[size=13pt]i think he's not yet back fully. . . .i really miss em -- that's my man. smiley[/size]
toba:

Ogaga abuzola votre ami est de retour, u espoir sont heureux

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Osama10(m): 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2010
Enigma:

Jesus IS God!
Jesus was NOT created!
Jesus was NOT made!
Rather Jesus IS begotten of the Father!
Jesus' baptism has nothing to do with His being begotten; rather Jesus IS eternally begotten!)
Jesus IS of one being with the Father!
Jesus WAS in the beginning, IS now and forever WILL BE! Amen.

Ekpa, you have been blinded.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Osama10:

Ekpa, you have been blinded.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by tempest01(m): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2010
There is no need replying to some posts as the very essence of the post defies piety [img]http://www.smileyarena.net/download.aspx?id=10045[/img]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2010
[size=13pt]and you've just post a reply to one. . . you keep responding if you're here to learn/ teach and share in sincerity . smiley[/size]

tempest01:

There is no need replying to some posts as the very essence of the post defies piety [img]http://www.smileyarena.net/download.aspx?id=10045[/img]
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by tempest01(m): 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2010
sincerity, how do you know that what u teach/share/learn is sincerity
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Enigma(m): 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2010
When non-Christians say Jesus is not God, we can generally ignore them as they are irrelevant as well as ignorant.

However for the Christian who denies that Jesus is God, here is a small task: go and study and try to find and understand the meaning of this passage; take your time to consider the words used and their meaning --- in particular (a) "fullness" and (b) "Godhead" or "Deity".

Colossians 2:9

NIV
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form

KJV
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

NKJV
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by MadMax1(f): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2010
The verse says the fullness of God dwelt bodily in Jesus. It says nothing about Christ being God. It only says that if you want it to say it very badly.
I've learned new things here and I'm grateful to those who posted them.

Though Paul never met Jesus, he wrote the letter to the Colossians. How did that transmute him into an authority on the person of Christ? Christ himself had a thousand and one things to say, and not ONE indicated He was God. No man is an authority on Christ but Christ Himself. If Jesus was God I think He'd be the person to know it, wouldn't He? But I was under the impresson He prayed TO God and sought to lead all men to Him. Jesus Christ seems to be a distinct individual from God, with a relationship described as Father/Son so we might have some idea of it in human terms, though it's far more complex than that. God seems to be distinct from Christ, and is not some cosmic schizo with three personalities.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2010
[size=13pt]That's a funny question you've ask . well , i don't support cheating or any form of injustice going on in the world today. . . . i know that i have been sharing in sincerity because it pays to be yourself in genuine way.[/size]

tempest01:

sincerity, how do you know that what u teach/share/learn is sincerity
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 123jml: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2010
fajiboy:

I am a christain and i hv got sometin 2 say;
Any christain who claims to hv read the bible and still says that Jesus is God or believes in trinity is nothing but a fool.
The only reason why fools believe in this is because Jesus was born a mysterious birth.The question i would my trinity people are;
1. Can't God send an angel to earth in the form of christ, must God come directly to earth?
2.Why will a God on earth alway refer to his God in heaven even till d time of death?
3. If we hv multiple Gods then who is superior?remember God shares is glory with no one.
In conclusion, the belief in trinity is a misconception of the bible by man.

Xtians are Pamby-Namby.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Enigma(m): 12:45am On Jun 09, 2010
Additionally for Christians:

Christ of course saw Himself as God and gave enough clear clues:

1. Read the below from Mark 2:

5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.”
6 And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, 7 “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, 11 “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 12 Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”

2. Read also John 10:29 to end carefully ---- in particular, note that the people wanted to stone Him because they understood that He was referring to Himself as God even including when he used the expression "Son of God"!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 9:58am On Jun 09, 2010
The Bible says that Jesus wanted God’s will to be done, not his own.

Luke 22:42: “not my will but Yours be done.”
John 5:30 “I do not seek my own will, but the will of Him who sent me.”
John 6:38 “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the
will of Him that sent me.”

Are some members of the coequal Trinity subservient, and less than equal,
to other members? Even though they have different wills (“I do not seek
my own will”), do they obey without question the others’ commands (“the
will of Him who sent me”)? Jesus admits to subordinating his own distinct
will, yet according to the Trinitarian doctrine they should all have the same
will. Should one of the triune partners have to forgo his own will in favor
of the will of another member of the Trinity? Should not they all have the
exact same will?

Enigma:

Additionally for Christians:

Christ of course saw Himself as God and gave enough clear clues:

1. Read the below from Mark 2:

2. Read also John 10:29 to end carefully ---- in particular, note that the people wanted to stone Him because they understood that He was referring to Himself as God even including when he used the expression "Son of God"!

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 123jml: 11:33am On Jun 14, 2010
Qur'an clearly stated the stand of Jesus (a.s) as the prophet and servant of God and Jesus made mention from the below verses he is neither the son of God not God as well.
019.027 At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an
amazing thing hast thou brought!
019.028 "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"
019.029 But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
019.030 He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
019.031 "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
019.032 "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
019.033 "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!
019.034 Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
019.035 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines
a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

Bible also comfirmed Jesus was not a God considering the fallowing verses,
Acts 4:24 “, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. ‘Sovereign
Lord,’ they said, ‘you made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything
in them.’”
Acts 4:27 “, your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed.”
Acts 4:30 “…of Your holy servant Jesus.”
This is exactly what the Quran states of Jesus:
Quran 19: 30 “…I am indeed a servant of God.”
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by nopuqeater: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2010
it is clear that there are many discrepancies in believing that God is not One in His entirety, having to co-operate, co-equal, and all the other co-ism, before we can know that He is Merciful, Forgiving and fully capable of being Who He is.

First, to say that God needs to be like us in order that He can be understood, etc, is like what the Hindus and Buhdists, etc think about God, as they make perishables so elevated to be god(s).

The Thunder worshippers of yoruba land (Onishongos), do say that the "Oba koso" (the king did not commit suicidal hanging). Hanging is the operative word here. In defending their "idol" the shango worshippers will do anything to the gullibles, even devicing a way to kill him. How is Shango, a dead human is God? How is hungry Jesus, son of Mary a God?

Can God die? Does God need foods to sustain Himself? Can any one, group, indeed all creations; man, genie, angel, etc all put together overcome, overpower and kill God? The answer is no, for each.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2010
123jml:

Qur'an clearly stated the stand of Jesus (a.s) as the prophet and servant of God and Jesus made mention from the below verses he is neither the son of God not God as well.
019.027 At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an
amazing thing hast thou brought!
019.028 "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"
019.029 But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"
019.030 He said: "I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
019.031 "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;
019.032 "(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
019.033 "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!
019.034 Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.
019.035 It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines
a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

Bible also comfirmed Jesus was not a God considering the fallowing verses,
Acts 4:24 “, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. ‘Sovereign
Lord,’ they said, ‘you made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything
in them.’”
Acts 4:27 “, your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed.”
Acts 4:30 “…of Your holy servant Jesus.”
This is exactly what the Quran states of Jesus:
Quran 19: 30 “…I am indeed a servant of God.”

Nice work. cool cool
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by lexandra(f): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2010
Jesus is not God but the Son of God, he is sitted at the right hand of God interceeding for us, and no one comes to the father except thru' him. ONLY A FOOL SAYS THERE'S NO GOD! (CHECK THE BOOK FAITH EXPLAINED)
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 5:30pm On Jun 16, 2010
Assuming you are a god will you allowed a fellow beings to crucified your son in your presence upon all the power and control that you have over all the creatures. please you have to think about that.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by 123jml: 9:57am On Jun 18, 2010
chakula:

Assuming you are a god will you allowed a fellow beings to crucified your son in your presence upon all the power and control that you have over all the creatures. please you have to think about that.

I wonder woo ,this Xtians they were Bamboozle by creature.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2010
The Bible says Jesus regarded God’s testimony as separate from his own.
Jesus regarded himself and God as two, not “one.”

John 8:17 and 18: “I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is
the Father.”
John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in
me.”
If Jesus was God, He would have not have regarded God’s testimony as
separate from his own.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by mathewjam(m): 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
Tell me a religious leader that has ever lived a blameless life like Isa (Jesus)
and I will tell you none.
Some are divorcees, other are killers that fought wars in one way or the other,
Some are demonic, others are adulterers/fornicators that change women like cloths,
some runs after worldly things to enrich themselves during their time,
some have 360 idols they attached to divinity and pray to,
e.t.c.
show me your friend (master) and I will tell you the manner of person you are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” / Prophet Adebowale Brainard Storms Shopping Mall With Armed Security Men / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.