Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad (19004 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by larimo(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2010
12large:

idiot how can a nigeria suggest dropping obasi for utaka, which experience are we talking about, experience that kanu and utaka cannot even bench piquione, at the last nations cup after odemwingie,shittu and apam obasi was the next so why are people suggesting to drop him. you said he scored 1goal against egypt, please tell me how many yakubu scored or how lazy yakubu was

you are so childish because you don't know how to focus on the subject. examples like you are the reason why Nigerian is so backward with their insultive & provocative lifestyles lipsrsealed angry. Rubbish!
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Sagamite(m): 2:20pm On May 17, 2010
I would go with:

Goalkeepers:
Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel)
Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel)
Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel)

Defenders:
Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France)
Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France)
Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia)
Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France)
Joseph Yobo (Everton, England)
Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands)
Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria)

Midfielders:
Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain)
Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England)
Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England)
Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine)
Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France)

Wingers:
Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain)
Obinna Nsofor (Malaga, Spain)
Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia)

Forwards:
Yakubu Aiyegbeni
Victor Anichebe (Everton, England)
Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth, England)
Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany)
Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark)

Dropped:                                                                                  Why
Bassey Akpan (Bayelsa United, Nigeria)     Really don't know him, he is unlikely to take top spot from Enyeama or Ejide anyway.
Daniel Shittu (Bolton Wanderers, England)  No game at all this season, that is tough going into WC, all others selected are regulars with good clubs/League winners
Terna Suswan (Lobi Stars, Nigeria)  Really don't know him, he is unlikely to take spot from all others selected who are regulars with good clubs/League winners
Sani Kaita (Alaniya, Russia) Not really getting games in a not so good club, I don't know if it is due to injury.
Brown Ideye (FC Sochaux, France) Really don't know him and he is not really scoring goals anyway.
Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany) After the ANC, I can't see what he does that Uche, Odems or Nsofor cannot do, I will rather leave Kanu for the difference.
John Utaka (Portsmouth, England) Abeg, finished. No accuracy, no technique, just rekindled passion.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by 12large: 2:23pm On May 17, 2010
why are people hating on chinedu obasi, he was definetly good in my opinion and as long as that fat lazy yakubu is in the team, then obasi must be there because obasi is better than yakubu. also why do people think yakubu is a guarantee, anichebe is also a power striker.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by onyeokwuak(f): 2:37pm On May 17, 2010
You guys think Mikel is the catalyst. Let me tell u that the greatest catalyst in Nigeria now is Sani Kaita. The role of marking out Messi and his likes will be conviniently handled if Sani Kaita makes the list. Etuhu is not too good as to be compared with Kaita and Mikel.But it looks Mikel is not fully fit. Lagerback prefers skillful players (skimmers) so i think Obasi might be inn and utaka ,out.Utaka's current psych worries me sometimes it looks childish displaying it with the ball.Kanu is undobtedly inn cos he is fit, intelligent ,clever, a model, plays attack and midfield, can pose a threat against any oponent cos of his magics.we need yobo's experience which will also be morale booster for other defenders. Aiyegbeni is the worst player but he can also be a threat at the goal mouth.I think experience is very important at the midfield ,thats why lack of much experience might see Haruna out. LETS WATCH AND C.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by 12large: 2:47pm On May 17, 2010
onyeokwok you are a born fool, there is no way on earth lars lagerback will drop haruna lukman for mikel,etuhu,ayila,keita or kanu. haruna lukman is nigeria best midfilder, mikel have played 150games and all he does is sidepass/backpass, please people like onyeokkwok should stay in calabar state eating dogs and never come back to soccer forum, you are just an iddiot, you annoyed me badly with this lukman is not experienced. what experience did those useless 5 dms did for us in nations cup, what experience is this mumu talking about abaeg just shut up. not only would lukman make the 23 man squad he would make the starting 11. a player that can score from 4o yards, a player with power,good freekicks,running you want us to drop and we should take useless keita for him idiot.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Ranoscky(m): 3:15pm On May 17, 2010
@12large

u dey insult somebody, u no know say na u get fault.

how u go drop mikel for lukman? . . . abi kata dey ur brain?

na lukman go handle messi? . . abi even if him get skills to play midfield,

does he has the xpirience to handle messi in central defence? abi u no dey talk of ur CD?

what expirience has he got to match with mikel? abi because u say him fit score from 40yard box?

abeg stand up from that cafe, ur mumsy don com back, go know the toy wey she buy for u. ADAMU!
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Iyineda(m): 3:22pm On May 17, 2010
Dayum, 12large. You really are a jerk. Are you struggling to get laid or what? shocked
Take it easy on the girl. She was only sharing her opinion. Yeah, opinion. You do know what it is, right? Well, nvmd. . .

Aiyegbeni, Kanu, Haruna and Kaita (< oh noes) will all make the final list, all things being equal. Let's bet on that.
There will be only ONE surprise call and one surprise cut. I just don't know who yet. Oh, and nah, if Ik Uche is dropped that won't count as a surprise. A disappointment yes, but definitely not a surprise. He isn't match fit. 15 minutes on the pitch all season is nothing to write home about. I hope he proves the whole world wrong though. *fingers crossed*
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by rasputinn(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2010
1.Kanu Nwankwo
2.Yakubu
3.Yobo
4.Utaka
5.Brown Ideye
6.Victor Anichebe
7.Kanu Nwankwo
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by larimo(m): 3:51pm On May 17, 2010
12large:

onyeokwok you are a born fool, there is no way on earth lars lagerback will drop haruna lukman for mikel,etuhu,ayila,keita or kanu. haruna lukman is nigeria best midfilder, mikel have played 150games and all he does is sidepass/backpass, please people like onyeokkwok should stay in calabar state eating dogs and never come back to soccer forum, you are just an iddiot, you annoyed me badly with this lukman is not experienced. what experience did those useless 5 dms did for us in nations cup, what experience is this mumu talking about abaeg just shut up. not only would lukman make the 23 man squad he would make the starting 11. a player that can score from 4o yards, a player with power,good freekicks,running you want us to drop and we should take useless keita for him idiot.

12large:

idiot how can a nigeria suggest dropping obasi for utaka, which experience are we talking about, experience that kanu and utaka cannot even bench piquione, at the last nations cup after odemwingie,shittu and apam obasi was the next so why are people suggesting to drop him. you said he scored 1goal against egypt, please tell me how many yakubu scored or how lazy yakubu was

dis 12large guy should be cautioned. he fails to understand that opinions are not facts.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Iyineda(m): 3:55pm On May 17, 2010
rasputinn:

1.Kanu Nwankwo
2.Yakubu
3.Yobo
4.Utaka
5.Brown Ideye
6.Victor Anichebe
7.Kanu Nwankwo

I am liking this list. cool
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by FBS: 4:34pm On May 17, 2010
Abeg how is Haruna Lukman the best MF Nigeria has?
Can anyone pin point his achievement(s) till date?
For all I remember he messed up seriously at the age grade tourneys.
Maybe I'm missing something here?
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by FBS: 4:35pm On May 17, 2010
@ALL. . . abeg keep it civil. No name calling pls. Thanks.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by deb(m): 6:04pm On May 17, 2010

How can u say Yobo is a calamity in the defense That is the most outrageous statement I've ever heard, u must not be following the English premiership.

Yobo is really Calamity and Disaster put together in the defence. Thank God he got injured at the last nation's cup while Shittu/Apam combination brought stability back to the defence.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by denony(m): 6:07pm On May 17, 2010
Utaka and shittu will make the list
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by bowei(m): 8:21pm On May 17, 2010
I dont go with this list
1.Kanu Nwankwo
2.Yakubu
3.Yobo
4.Utaka
5.Brown Ideye
6.Victor Anichebe
7.Kanu Nwankwo
I go with Hollandis list with no sentiment
The following 7 should be dropped
1.Aiyegbeni Yakubu- It is amazing that despite justifiable complaints by Soccer pundits.Yakubu still featured at the last Nations cup.Yakubu has been consistently inconsistent at both the club and National team levels for the past 2 years.His slow and unaggressive approach to games will make him a cheap mark by world class defenders.HE MUST GO.Whatever cult or attraction or sentiment shared with Amodu will no longer hold weight.His Godfather is gone

2,Akpan Bassey-We are clamoring for local based players but what is the basis of not bringing the best legs.Of what use is inviting a keeper when we have numerous keepers at our disposal that can outshine anyone.

3.Kanu Nwankwo- Granted,Kanu has done a lot for our football image,it is definitely time to quit.I always ask myself,If dunga can drop almighty Pato,Ronaldinho et al and Maradona can drop Zanetti and Cambiasso,then who is Kanu?This man is weak .He was the major culprit when Egypt thrashed us 3-1 at the last Nations cup.He definitely deserves no place

4 Yobo -Yobo is a calamity in defence.It is only suicidal to name him in the final squad

5.Suswan-If on the basis of a 'local based must be invited'' then Suswan should be let in,but the issue with the supereagles is not Defense or even attack .We need ATTACKING and CREATIVE MIDFIELDERS

6.Yusuf Ayila- This man is old and lacks the intelligence to control the midfield.His place in his club has been taken over by a younger more intelligent player.He should go .PERIOD

7 Sani Kaita-Forget this quota system ,the guy is a nuisance in the midfield
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by dayokanu(m): 9:50pm On May 17, 2010
Drop

Kanu, Utaka, Yobo, Yakubu, Anichebe, Suswan and Bassey
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Iyineda(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2010
^^^ Dropping Anichebe and leaving Ideye in the final team You clearly have a major bias. Oh wait, what's that? 5 of the 7 players you ousted ply their trade in the English Premier League. Talk about a coincidence!
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by toideve(m): 9:56pm On May 17, 2010
what ever happens Yakubu must not make that list
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On May 17, 2010
^^^ Dropping Anichebe and leaving Ideye in the final team You clearly have a major bias. Oh wait, what's that? 5 of the 7 players you ousted ply their trade in the English Premier League. Talk about a coincidence!

Anichebe and Ideye is there any difference?
Tell me the number of appearances Anichebe had for his club and number of goals scored
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by medjai(m): 10:36pm On May 17, 2010
Just drop Shittu, Yobo, Anichebe and Utaka. The rest are okay
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by dayokanu(m): 11:01pm On May 17, 2010
Shittu is ok.

Drop Aiyegbeni, Kanu, Utaka, Anichebe, Yobo the home based keeper
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Iyineda(m): 11:05pm On May 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Anichebe and Ideye is there any difference?

Yes there is. One plays in the EPL for a more than decent side - Everton, whilist the other plays in the French Ligue 1 for a bottom table side with no continental recognition.
One has a far better reputation based on the quality he has shown in some important matches whilist the other barely has a rep outside Switzerland.
One is more versatile and powerful than the other.

Must I continue? Do you need me to clarify who is who in each line?

Please.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by medjai(m): 11:46pm On May 17, 2010
^^^How many games have Anichebe started? How many goals has he scored? What is the diff. between warming the bench in a decent team and starting in a below average team in a lesser league? I think i even prefer the later.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Ranoscky(m): 7:57am On May 18, 2010
@BOWEI abi na BOLI

1) mind u Pato is dropped b'cos of injury fitness.
what i mean by injury fitness is - dough, he's back from injury but haven't played more games to match up his fintness. 

2) The xclution of Ronaldinho is not a surprise to me.
he is sluggish when he losses possession
he dosen't help the midfield in terms markin ability
he only wait for the ball to come to him so for C.attack

in the case of zanetti and cambiasso, both of them are a very good and xpirienced players. both of them are playing week in week out in their club but they were dropped b'cos of the misunderstand they have with the argentine coach (maradona).

in terms of kanu's case, don't figure out a major fault on someone and say for that reason he should be dropped.
everybody makes mistake and nobody is perfect. and everyday is not a good day for everyone.
u might play well today and 2morrow u might be the reason why your team lost, but let ma tell u one thing . . .
so long as nigeria is concern, kanu remains the best and expirienced midfielder that we have.
even the nigerian coach himself know's that kanu is weak, but u ought to know that u can't buy xpirience.

u said yusuf ayila's position has been taking by a young more expirienced player.
i'll like to know the name of the player, and when last the guy played in yusuf position.
for your information, yusuf position has not been taking by anyone. he play's week in week out unless he has an injury.

you said yobo is a calamity. yobo is not a calamity, everybody makes mistakes and  nobody or defender is perfect.
in that case people are saying terry is the best defender. but terry was the reason why chelsea lost 2-1 to a particular club in premiership and was given a 1week leave to regain back his match fitness.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by esteelv: 9:14am On May 18, 2010
Princek12:

Taye Taiwo should be dropped. He cannot maintain focus for 90 minutes, for around the 75th minute of play, he thinks of amala and ewedu soup with cow leg, which gives the opposing strikers a chance to score.

LOL
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by honeric01(m): 9:49am On May 18, 2010
Iyineda:

Yes there is. One plays in the EPL for a more than decent side - Everton, whilist the other plays in the French Ligue 1 for a bottom table side with no continental recognition.
One has a far better reputation based on the quality he has shown in some important matches whilist the other barely has a rep outside Switzerland.
One is more versatile and powerful than the other.

Must I continue? Do you need me to clarify who is who in each line?

Please.

medjai:

^^^How many games have Anichebe started? How many goals has he scored? What is the diff. between warming the bench in a decent team and starting in a below average team in a lesser league? I think i even prefer the later.

Medjai, thanks for the nice response to the above post.

because he warms the bench for Everton, he should be picked ahead of someone playing regular football?
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by zenus(m): 11:34am On May 18, 2010
When is the final date coming up
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Wrex(m): 1:00pm On May 18, 2010
As far as i am concerned,those guys are just going to the world cup to mark register, we will never make through the first round
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Nairalane: 2:17pm On May 18, 2010
My greatest disapointmnt is non inclusion of RABIU IBRAHIM in the first list. Hes d next okocha we hv. I wud love 3 enyeama, 7 odiah, 6 etuhu, 5 osaze + kanu. But dis is imposible. Modecai frm ife.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Nairalane: 2:18pm On May 18, 2010
My greatest disapointmnt is non inclusion of RABIU IBRAHIM in the first list. Hes d next okocha we hv. I wud love 3 enyeama, 7 odiah, 6 etuhu, 5 osaze + kanu 2 mk his record. But dis is imposible. Modecai frm ife.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Nairalane: 2:19pm On May 18, 2010
My greatest disapointmnt is non inclusion of RABIU IBRAHIM in the first list. Hes d next okocha we hv. I wud love 3 enyeama, 7 odiah, 6 etuhu, 5 osaze + kanu 2 mk his record. But dis is imposible. Modecai frm ife.
Re: 7 Players To Be Dropped From Super Eagles Squad by Nairalane: 2:20pm On May 18, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finidi George: I Will Continue Applying For Jobs With Nigeria’s National Teams / Giroud Scores 4 Goals As Chelsea Beat Sevilla To Finish Top Of Their UCL Group / French Media Claim PSG Could Rescind Sergio Ramos' Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.