Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,186 members, 7,825,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! (2744 Views)

Pastor Chris Is Right There's A Deception Going On / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by DoctorAlien(m): 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
It is probable that the English idiomatic
understanding of “the four corners of the
earth,” referring to the remotest parts of the
earth, stems from Revelation 20:7–8. From an evaluation of its context, we may
conclude that this is also the meaning of “the
four corners of the earth” in Isaiah 11:12, the third appearance of this phrase in the
Bible. It’s use there generally is understood
to be idiomatic.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/earth/does-bible-teach-earth-flat/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by frank317: 5:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
Martinez19:
na so. If the bible writers really meant round, it would have been translated round. The language from which the old testament was translated had sufficient wordings so that such simple description wouldn't have been misinterpreted.

If kanaph simply meant extremity, where did number "four" come from if they didn't meant to say four corners?

He he... his God that inspired people to write his precious book for the world to learn couldnt inspire the translators to write something straight foward and clear... even the holy spirit that was supposed to help people understand sat down like a zombie and watch man use his own wisdom to translate hebrew language the way he thought was right.... perhaps butterflylion is the messiah to give us the perfect translation..

Yet no one is opting for a rerwite of this book

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
frank317:

He he... his God that inspired people to write his precious book for the world to learn couldnt inspire the translators to write something straight foward and clear... even the holy spirit that was supposed to help people understand sat down like a zombie and watch man use his own wisdom to translate hebrew language the way he thought was right.... perhaps butterflylion is the messiah to give us the perfect translation..

Do you have the balls to tell your Christian wife what you just typed? grin

Are you still afraid she would divorce you? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by frank317: 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Do you have the balls to tell your Christian wife what you just typed? grin

Are you still afraid she would divorce you? cheesy

Now he wants us to start talking about his mother... i know its itching u to get u mum insulted... afterall she is the one who put u in this condition... bring it on, i am game... i will gell u how mentally deranged she is

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
frank317:

Now he wants us to start talking about his mother... i know its itching u to get u mum insulted... afterall she is the one who put u in this condition... bring it on, i am game... i will gell u how mentally deranged she is

Isn't your wife a christian? grin

Why do you come online on a faceless forum to fume when you are afraid to tell her the things you shamelessly say here to her face. You called me here by mentioning me so i wish to respond cheesy

Why are you scared of your wife oh high and mighty powerful Frankie the coward? Does she scare you or you are simply a weakling in real life who hides behind a faceless forum to form lion when you are just a little mouse grin

1 Like

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by frank317: 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Isn't your wife a christian? grin

Why do you come online on a faceless forum to fume when you are afraid to tell her the things you shamelessly say here to her face. You called me here by mentioning me so i wish to respond cheesy

Why are you scared of your wife oh high and mighty powerful Frankie the coward? Does she scare you or you are simply a weakling in real life who hides behind a faceless forum to form lion when you are just a little mouse grin

Is ur mum not a mad woman? She has put u in this condition where u will be defending a non existent being with all ur life... she just made u as mad her for nothing.. why na.

Do u sometime get mad at her for puttin u in this condition?
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
frank317:

Is ur mum not a mad woman? She has put u in this condition where u will be defending a non existent being with all ur life... she just made u as mad her for nothing.. why na.

Do u sometime get mad at her for puttin u in this condition?

Yet your wife is serving a non existent being right? grin

Have you told her? Can you tell her? Do you have the liver to tell her? grin cheesy

Do you always get mad at your wife for being a christian? When you do, do you show her? Can you show her?

I think she wears the pants in your home since you find it cowardly to tell her your mind right in your own home but she is not afraid to show her Christianity to you and call on this "non existent" God right under your nose and to your face all day every day and even right into your bedroom.

Can you beat that? grin

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Martinez19(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
frank317:

if Yahweh could manufacture an accurate holy book and reign them down from heaven, like he did manna, this confusion would stop.

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by sonofthunder: 8:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Have you told her? Can you tell her? Do you have the liver to tell her? grin cheesy

Do you always get mad at your wife for being a christian? When you do, do you show her? Can you show her?

I think she wears the pants in your home since you find it cowardly to tell her your mind right in your own home but she is not afraid to show her Christianity to you and call on this "non existent" God right under your nose and to your face all day every day and even right into your bedroom.

Can you beat that? grin

Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by sonofthunder: 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
sonofthunder:

Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1 Like

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by sonofthunder: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
sonofthunder:

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love [g]turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear [h]brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection].

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by frank317: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Can you beat that? grin

Nahhh.. actually u crazy mum serves a non-existent God..

She has put u in a condition where u go around about somthing that does not exist.
Do u resent her for it? Or are both of u insane?

1 Like

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
frank317:

Nahhh.. actually u crazy mum serves a non-existent God..

She has put u in a condition where u go around about somthing that does not exist.
Do u resent her for it? Or are both of u insane?

Oh you mean you resent your wife? Do you secretly resent her after all she also serves a "non existent God" as the christian she is. Is she insane? grin

Is that how you see her?

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by frank317: 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Oh you mean you resent your wife? Do you secretly resent her after all she also serves a "non existent God" as the christian she is. Is she insane? grin

Is that how you see her?

Lol... i can see ur mum has eventuallly made u insane. Why do u hate her so much? Is she such a mad woman? Are u angry she put u in this condition?

1 Like

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Martinez19(m): 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo, you were angry when someone derailed your trend but here you are derailing mine. Mtewwwwwww. By the way what's your take on my topic?
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
Martinez19:
Ah! The bible already said the earth had four corners and even pillars grin.

Show me where the scriptures say the earth has pillars? People are destroyed for lack of accurate knowledge.
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by frank317: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
Martinez19:
if Yahweh could manufacture an accurate holy book and reign them down from heaven, like he did manna, this confusion would stop.

Isnt it fishy? The creator of the world inspires someone to write a book in one particular language but wants the whole world to read it only for him ro sit there and watch translators make a mess of the book. Yet he choses to blame man for doubting it bases on the bad translation... what even stops him from inspiring a more meaningful story?
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
frank317:

Lol... i can see ur mum has eventuallly made u insane. Why do u hate her so much? Is she such a mad woman? Are u angry she put u in this condition?

Like I said, feel free to insult my mum after all the OP of this thread sees nothing wrong when atheists do so. I guess its because he knows atheists have no morals to hold on to grin

So why would I be angry with you if you insult my mum since I know the sickness you have is called moralomiasis. cheesy

Sha answer my question is all I want.

Do you insult your wife for being a christian since you insult other Christians on NL for serving a God you term as imaginary?

Are you silently angry with her and are just pretending? Do you genuinely love her despite you being an atheist and she being a christian?

If this is the case, then why do you hate Christians here on nairaland and call their God imaginary despite having one right in your bedroom whom you lay with at night?

1 Like

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
Martinez19:
Butterflyleo, you were angry when someone derailed your trend but here you are derailing mine. Mtewwwwwww. By the way what's your take on my topic?

If I give you my take you know you will run as usual grin

Also I am asking questions and not trying to derail your thread you hear? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Martinez19(m): 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

If I give you my take you know you will run as usual grin

Also I am asking questions and not trying to derail your thread you hear? cheesy
your question is not directly related to evolution and God molding man from the soil. What is your take?
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
Martinez19:
your question is not directly related to evolution and God molding man from the soil. What is your take?

Just tell me you want me to help keep your thread running grin

Beg me and maybe I will oblige you

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Martinez19(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Just tell me you want me to help keep your thread running grin

Beg me and maybe I will oblige you
Please nah, tell me your take? grin
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
Martinez19:
Please nah, tell me your take? grin

You are not serious with the begging yet grin

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Martinez19(m): 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are not serious with the begging yet grin
*kneels down and rolls on the floor begging* please let me know your take on the issue. grin
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
Martinez19:
*kneels down and rolls on the floor begging* please let me know your take on the issue. grin

I want to sleep martin. Busy day tomorrow. Besides I know you will run and hide when I start so why would I want to start what would make you abandon your thread out of frustration? cheesy

See as you dey beg sef. Mtcheew grin

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by prinzfavian(m): 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Yes! I asked you the bolded question and its as valid as a question can possibly get

@bolded, Evolution NEVER said there is no god, that's something you're told by someone extremely uninformed or wilfully dishonest about evolution. Maybe you should find out what evolution really says rather than regurgitate nonsense someone else told you? If you insist with the claim "Evolution says there is no god" then educate me on that

@italics, I made no such claim, you're the one that stated the bible "Condemned" evolution. If you go back to your original post I quoted sir, you'll notice you said the bible didn't support evolution. that I didn't challenged but you then went on to claim that it "Condemned" evolution, this is what I'm challenging

I hope the person who liked this post of yours stick around to learn a thing or two so he doesn't go around liking such nonsense again
Lol... Seems you guys are naturally always angry...
If my choice of words by saying the Bible "condemns" evolution is what is causing the misunderstanding I apologise for the exaggeration, any other word just doesn't describe perfectly the Bible's view of evolution as it does.... It's enough for me that you've acknowledge that the Bible doesn't support it.
You needn't bring the liker of my initial post into the argument, trust me what you see as nonsense makes a whole lot of sense to another person.... Just because some things from your perspective appears to be nonsense doesn't mean they are or should be to others...

1 Like

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by GoodMuyis(m): 12:01am On Apr 18, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I SEE YOUR GUY ABOVE TRYING TO COVER UP THE "FOUR CORNERS" BELIEF OF THE ANCIENT GOAT HERDERS WHO WROTE THE BY-BU.

ASK HIM TO EXPLAIN THE PARTS WHICH DESCRIBED "THE WATERS ABOVE THE FIRMAMENT".

ASK HIM HOW NOAH WAS ABLE TO PLEAD WITH EVERYONE TO REPENT AND JOIN THE ARK.... I'M INTERESTED IN KNOWING THE MAGIC HE USED TO COMMUNICATE WITH AFRICANS, AMERICANS, AND AUSTRALIANS AS THERE WAS NO MEANS OF COMMUNICATION THEN.

ASK HIM HOW CARVING ON A TREE CREATED STRIPES ON THE ANIMALS WHO MATED NEARBY.

ASK HIM TO EXPLAIN THE VERSES BELOW.

Why must you fail in the school of reasoning and thought when it comes to Theist belief, haven't you read about different ages
Pre-Cambrian, Cambrian , ice age, etc

Ok wait, you wanted to query the Bible, have you not read or heard in the Bible that the 3 children of Noah are the ancestors of the world. Are these three words strange to you => Semitic, Hamitic, Japhetite

free burger in Genesis 11: 1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech
So how will that be difficult to communicate

ASK HIM HOW CARVING ON A TREE CREATED STRIPES ON THE ANIMALS WHO MATED NEARBY.
Must I teach you Agric Science again. That was genetic engineering if you dont know. The idea has patent so I cant share it with you

Next dont do it Again, else I will ask seun to beat and bad you

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by GoodMuyis(m): 12:22am On Apr 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Yes! I asked you the bolded question and its as valid as a question can possibly get

@bolded, Evolution NEVER said there is no god, that's something you're told by someone extremely uninformed or wilfully dishonest about evolution. Maybe you should find out what evolution really says rather than regurgitate nonsense someone else told you? If you insist with the claim "Evolution says there is no god" then educate me on that

I will help him, but please for the sake of knowledge, use Diary section to explain evolution in your own understanding and stop using terms that people are uninformed about evolution, it free on internet for us to read.

If I asked you what is the purpose of evolution, your answer will absolute NULL, i.e. no purpose. Which means evolution just occurred and it occurrence is by chances. And many Atheist (Evolutionist) agreed that Evolution is contrary to Intelligent design which is attributed to God, then it is directly stating that their is no God that create everything. This paragraph is just the summary of evolution.

God creating everything in its unique nature is what makes perfect sense as it distinguish every being on its own with its unique attribute(s).

1 Like

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by hopefulLandlord: 2:03am On Apr 18, 2018
prinzfavian:

Lol... Seems you guys are naturally always angry...
you're able to detect anger from my words, Holy Spirit is really working wink

If my choice of words by saying the Bible "condemns" evolution is what is causing the misunderstanding I apologise for the exaggeration, any other word just doesn't describe perfectly the Bible's view of evolution as it does.... It's enough for me that you've acknowledge that the Bible doesn't support it.
Yes, the word is what I'm challenging

You needn't bring the liker of my initial post into the argument, trust me what you see as nonsense makes a whole lot of sense to another person.... Just because some things from your perspective appears to be nonsense doesn't mean they are or should be to others...
hhmmm okay

Evolution never claimed there is no god
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by hopefulLandlord: 2:05am On Apr 18, 2018
GoodMuyis:

I will help him, but please for the sake of knowledge, use Diary section to explain evolution in your own understanding and stop using terms that people are uninformed about evolution, it free on internet for us to read.

If I asked you what is the purpose of evolution, your answer will absolute NULL, i.e. no purpose. Which means evolution just occurred and it occurrence is by chances. And many Atheist (Evolutionist) agreed that Evolution is contrary to Intelligent design which is attributed to God, then it is directly stating that their is no God that create everything. This paragraph is just the summary of evolution.

God creating everything in its unique nature is what makes perfect sense as it distinguish every being on its own with its unique attribute(s).

I'm not an evolutionary biologist so there are many things about evolution I do not know, I'm not pretending to be an authority on the subject. with that being said, I know evolution makes no claim about existence of gods which was the main thing I'm challenging
Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by frank317: 5:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Like I said, feel free to insult my mum after all the OP of this thread sees nothing wrong when atheists do so. I guess its because he knows atheists have no morals to hold on to grin

So why would I be angry with you if you insult my mum since I know the sickness you have is called moralomiasis. cheesy

Sha answer my question is all I want.

Do you insult your wife for being a christian since you insult other Christians on NL for serving a God you term as imaginary?

Are you silently angry with her and are just pretending? Do you genuinely love her despite you being an atheist and she being a christian?

If this is the case, then why do you hate Christians here on nairaland and call their God imaginary despite having one right in your bedroom whom you lay with at night?

I know it hurts u seein ur mum insulted, but somehow somewhere u.like it. Dont worry, all u need is mention my wife in an unrelated topic and ur crazy ass mum gets the heat. Afterall u like it and i have no time for peace.

So how do u feel about her crazy attitude of talking to an imaginary being everyday... do u sometimes wonder what has gotten into ur mums head?

2 Likes

Re: Evolution And Christianity. Hold It Right There! by Butterflyleo: 6:08am On Apr 18, 2018
frank317:

I know it hurts u seein ur mum insulted, but somehow somewhere u.like it. Dont worry, all u need is mention my wife in an unrelated topic and ur crazy ass mum gets the heat. Afterall u like it and i have no time for peace.

So how do u feel about her crazy attitude of talking to an imaginary being everyday... do u sometimes wonder what has gotten into ur mums head?

So you regard your christian wife as crazy and having a crazy attitude because you believe she talks to an imaginary being everyday? grin

Do you sometimes wonder what has gotten into your wife's head? cheesy

Can you tell her?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This / If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? / Angel Micheal Worships Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.