Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession (17657 Views)

Airport Concession: Aviation Unions To Protest / Risqua: Murtala Muhammed Left N7,000 In His Account As Ex Head Of State / Lists Of Nigeria Governors Who Have Range Rover Sentinel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Luukasz(m): 10:08am On Apr 16, 2018
TheFreeOne:
A very good move to engender more development for our people/region as we strategise more integration in a crucial journey to have our own nation cos the dissolution of dying 'behemoth' will eventually happen.

The governors of western Nigeria should work hard on this to become a reality.

Oodua nation on my mind cos we are trailblazers.
Bleep Oodua nation, Bleep Biafra, Bleep Arewa nation I stand for Nigeria despite the hard times, even tho Nigeria has no hope for the future.
I remain a Nigerian
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by zionglory(m): 10:14am On Apr 16, 2018
immhotep:

But, but, but . . . .NONE of these men are originally from Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga

your pain is just starting, na your father be the original lagosian, flatron

9 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by pennylland: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2018
AM ALSO CALLING ON NIGERIA'S CHRISTIANS CAN"TO COLLECT BACK THERE MISSIONERY SCHOOL'S FROM GOVERNMENT FOR BETTER MAINTENANCE.

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Okoyeeboz: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2018
immhotep:

But, but, but . . . .NONE of these men are originally from Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cc lzaa onyeoga

Your ancestors who were killed by molue while hawking gala in Lagos are original lagosians, abi?

I guess your 2by2 chicken-cage-sized shop in Okokomaiko is your family house.

14 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2018
0monnak0da:
I hope it is a competitive bid. I do not see Odua Group or any Nigerian entity as having the competence and so likely if they win they will "reconcession" to foreign "technical partners"

This is part of the Human capital problem we have in Nigeria.

I do not see any of the businesses in Odua group as world class and have no reason to expect anything different if they are running the airport. If they are interested in airports they shhould build their own in Lekki or Ogun State

If they want to buy the airport and then concession that is OK too but to be the concessionaire? Where is the expertise, the track record?

They will definitely reconcession, but I don't see dt as a bad thing. It's best if the regional government is in charge and able to respond fast to issues and stand up for regional interests. The federal government has always bin ineffective wt dt cos whoevers there always has his own agenda, dt might not be in a regions interest (problem wt Nigeria). I think it's an important 1st step. The more of these institutions they can get under regional control, the better.

PS - have u used dt MMIA airport? Huge disgrace. Must be the worst intl airport in Africa, and I've bin to several African countries.

4 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by asha80(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2018
pennylland:
AM ALSO CALLING ON NIGERIA'S CHRISTIANS CAN"TO COLLECT BACK THERE MISSIONERY SCHOOL'S FROM GOVERNMENT FOR BETTER MAINTENANCE.
most states that this happened have given back those schools back to the missionaries

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Truthcat: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2018
And be named now Obafemi Awolowo Airport if these governors know what is good for them, or they will be ashamed when it happens.
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2018
zionglory:

your pain is just starting, na your father be the original lagosian, flatron
Please I only want to hear from original Lagosians, not these intruders ,)
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2018
Okoyeeboz:

Your ancestors who were killed by molue while hawking gala in Lagos are original lagosians, abi?

I guess your 2by2 chicken-cage-sized shop in Okokomaiko is your family house.
not even Tinubu is originally from Lagos LMAO
This no man's land business is serious wink

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by 0monnak0da: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2018
janellemonae:

They will definitely reconcession, but I don't see dt as a bad thing. It's best if the regional government is in charge and able to respond fast to issues and stand up for regional interests. The federal government has always bin ineffective wt dt cos whoevers there always has his own agenda, dt might not be in a regions interest (problem wt Nigeria). I think it's an important 1st step. The more of these institutions they can get under regional control, the better.

PS - have u used dt MMIA airport? Huge disgrace. Must be the worst intl airport in Africa, and I've bin to several African countries.
We Yoruba are noted for telling the truth.So why lie to ourselves.

If you are the FG that owns the airport will you concession to a third party which is what te SW states would be if they reconcession.?

It is better they try to buy the airport or build their own.

Whether or not MMIA is a disgrace is not particuarly relevant. We know that already. That is why we are where we are. Where is the business case for the owner to concession to the SW states??

I see a good political case but even that would be in favour of Lagos State alone.

If the SW states are serious they need a regional airport OUTSIDE Lagos State with good links to the rest of the region.

I think Osun or Ogun would be fine because they are in the centre of the zone geographically

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2018
Even with the mumu no mans land rhetoric tinubu dey demolish una shop everyday stay and don't goan help your family members relocate before tinubu comes for them.
immhotep:

not even Tinubu is originally from Lagos LMAO
This no man's land business is serious wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2018
oluoni:
Even with the mumu no mans land rhetoric tinubu dey demolish una shop everyday stay and don't goan help your family members relocate before tinubu comes for them.
Tinubu will soon retire to his village in Oshogbo.
I am still waiting for the real Lagosians LOL.

Igbo amaka

CC lzaa onyeoga
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by MicroBox: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2018
Even though its a good moves, South western people need to debate on a collective Name and not Odua or Odudua of some sort.
The name Odua or Odudua sound Traditional (More or less like Idol worshippers/believers).
Let them deliberate on All-Inclusive name while the project is ongoing.

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Truthcat: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2018
O se dady, na so! People are waking up.

Nigeria, the giant fraud must be pulled down. I just can't understand going to another nation to seek permission to use what belongs to me.

The UK system makes everyone in charge of their destiny. U.S too gives states power to take care of their security, with every state having its police and military.

NdiaraIGBO:
Time to reassert ourselves and take over all federal government infrastructure in our land. My dear SW.

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by asha80(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2018
Truthcat:
O se dady, na so! People are waking up.

Nigeria, the giant fraud must be pulled down. I just can't understand going to another nation to seek permission to use what belong to me.

The UK system makes everyone in charge of their destiny. U.S too gives states power to take care of their security, with every state having its police and military.

wrong

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Charly68: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2018
Best news ever ..

2 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Ake1: 10:45am On Apr 16, 2018
Ojuri20:
I'm proud of my root

I'm proud that I did not come from yeast.

4 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 16, 2018
0monnak0da:
We Yoruba are noted for telling the truth.So why lie to ourselves.

If you are the FG that owns the airport will you concession to a third party which is what te SW states would be if they reconcession.?

It is better they try to buy the airport or build their own.

Whether or not MMIA is a disgrace is not particuarly relevant. We know that already. That is why we are where we are. Where is the business case for the owner to concession to the SW states??

I see a good political case but even that would be in favour of Lagos State alone.

If the SW states are serious they need a regional airport OUTSIDE Lagos State with good links to the rest of the region.

I think Osun or Ogun would be fine because they are in the centre of the zone geographically

I get what u mean, but the FG will never sell. Dts a lot of control. I think it's too expensive and unnecessary to build.

The truth is ALL concessionaires in Nigeria are really 3rd party concessionaires. See what they did to the ports. They concessioned apapa ports to a 'Nigerian' company and then d company hired an oyinbo expert wt experience to run it and be the chairman. The concessionaire company is owned by a non-westerner and only reports to the FG. This is a big part of the issue the apapa ports and the Lagos state govt have. Fashola tried to resolve these problems to no avail. They have no control over the tanker traffic & port mgt - dt is in line wt state govt policies.

There is no lose wt this airport bid. They'll just get airport mgt experts as head of staff. And at least they'll be reporting to the regional governors.
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Truthcat: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2018
Love you, love you, love you!!
TheFreeOne:
A very good move to engender more development for our people/region as we strategise more integration in a crucial journey to have our own nation cos the dissolution of dying 'behemoth' will eventually happen.

The governors of western Nigeria should work hard on this to become a reality.

Oodua nation on my mind cos we are trailblazers.
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by 0monnak0da: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2018
janellemonae:

I get what u mean, but the FG will never sell. Dts a lot of control. I think it's too expensive and unnecessary to build.

The truth is ALL concessionaires in Nigeria are really 3rd party concessionaires. See what they did to the ports. They concessioned apapa ports to a 'Nigerian' company and then d company hired an oyinbo expert wt experience to run it and be the chairman. The concessionaire company is owned by a non-westerner and only reports to the FG. This is a big part of the issue the apapa ports and the Lagos state govt have. Fashola tried to resolve these problems to no avail. They have no control over the tanker traffic, port mgt dt is in line wt state govt policies.

There is no lose wt this airport bid. They'll just get airport mgt experts as head of staff. And at least they'll be reporting to the regional governors.
When you say "too expensive" do you have a figure in mind. Do you have any facts?

Again whether it is "necessary" should be based on facts i.e. feasibility studies that model population growth, economic growth and the current capacity. by capacity I mean runway capacity i.e what is the maximum possible traffic volume that Ikeja can handle and what are the future projections.
Personally not only do I think it is necessary I think there is need for at least two more airportsin the SW but that is just me

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Truthcat: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2018
What do you mean by that?
asha80:
wrong
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by asha80(m): 10:54am On Apr 16, 2018
Truthcat:
What do you mean by that?
different states in usa have their own police not military

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Truthcat: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2018
So what do you think NATIONAL GUARDS are? Dog catchers?
asha80:
different states in usa have their own police not military
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Ake1:

I'm proud that I did not come from yeast.
Even though MMIA depends heavily upon Easterners for revenue LoL

Igbo amaka

CC lzaa onyeoga
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 16, 2018
MicroBox:
Even though its a good moves, South western people need to debate on a collective Name and not Odua or Odudua of some sort.
The name Odua or Odudua sound Traditional (More or less like Idol worshippers/believers).
Let them deliberate on All-Inclusive name while the project is ongoing.
Lol! Funny you. Pretty sure ur not Yoruba. Having a cultural identity is a huge strength dt unites pple. No need for "all inclusiveness". So dt outsiders can start claiming what not? We can't do dt to our children. Also it would deter religious extremisms among the leadership. Any new country in the southwestern part of Nigeria MUST have odua as part of its names.

5 Likes

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 16, 2018
0monnak0da:
When you say "too expensive" do you have a figure in mind. Do you have any facts?

Again whether it is "necessary" should be based on facts i.e. feasibility studies that model population growth, economic growth and the current capacity. by capacity I mean runway capacity i.e what is the maximum possible traffic volume that Ikeja can handle and what are the future projections.
Personally not only do I think it is necessary I think there is need for at least two more airportsin the SW but that is just me

The Osun state govt is building another intl airport in Osogbo.
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by asha80(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2018
Truthcat:
So what do you think NATIONAL GUARDS are? Dog catchers?
i know they are part of the military or component of it but they are not used the way conventional military is used

1 Like

Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by 0monnak0da: 11:06am On Apr 16, 2018
janellemonae:

The Osun state govt is building another intl airport in Osogbo.
That is great news. I vaguely remember this ,I think it was discussed here on nairaland

One day people will visit Osogbo more than Jerusalem
Re: Western Nigeria Governors To Bid For Murtala Muhammed Airport Concession by Truthcat: 11:07am On Apr 16, 2018
They are used exactly as any other military like reserve. They are deployed overseas alongside other troops.

asha80:
i know they are part of the military or component of it but they are not used the way conventional military is used

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Twitter Account Temporarily Suspended Once Again / Trouble Looms In NAICOM Over Purchase Of N4bn Uncompleted Office Building As New / So They Never Really Loved MKO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.