Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (103415 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2011
hi Cules,

It was a well deserved finals spot and also a shame on physical footie. Do not cower in the face of anyone that suggests or bandies the UEFA-Barca conspiracy, if UEFA favourtism can make a team to play delightful soccer like Barcelona does, then let it continue, i fully subscribe to that.

I guess the ref just wanted things to be even otherwise they should have been 1 man down as is the norm, Adebayor was just a disgrace-in-chief with what he was doing yesterday. What baffles me is that folks tend to keep quiet in the face of Madrid's less than honorable display in the 4 classico's and make a mountain out of Barca's reaction to the bruises and assault all in the name of closing down players, considering the fact of what they have at their disposal.

The only time JM played us footie this season was the 1st classico and he got bruised at the Nou, and surely the better side did go through.

As it were, on to the next one
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 2:26pm On May 04, 2011
hannie:

ode . . .I tried quoting but got no results . . .simple quoting, this ediot called Eyonitwit cant perform, shame on your generation!

omode ise! awon egbon nile ni alainironu cool

My CV speaks for itsef, who are u on NL or even anywhere? U freaking donkey!

u now claim no one would have noticed how come holydokey noticed and instead claimed I scampered off away from your thread? una be ediots of no origin, u sure say no be the same mama born una? grin

Thanks for the correction. Higuain's goal was legit and it was a tripped Ronaldo that INNOCENTLY got in Masch's way, so what are u yapping about?
sharrap dia, who sabi you, Barney? grin
There's life outside NL, you dysmorphic ape! Nobody cares how long you've been here grin

AjanleKoko:

^^
Actually the ref disallowed the goal because Ronaldo had impeded a defender, albeit accidentally.
Though you could say that the goal could have stood, if the ref had seen Pique's foul on Ronaldo and allowed advantage play. But the ref had raised his hand before Higuain put the ball in the net.

If you look at the foul by Pique on Ronaldo, I think the goal should have been given. But the ref seems to have missed that one, and caught the trip by Ronaldo instead.
But Madrid have spent this CL tie complaining, rather than focus on the game. That, plus the overt fouling, in my opinion, is what did them in. If you're committing too many fouls, the other side is bound to make a meal of it, and the referee will react at some point. In tonight's game, MAscherano was clearly trying to get Adebayor sent off, but the ref didn't fall for it. Not to say that Adebayor helped the matter much, with his idiotic challenges.

I think too many games in such a short space of time is the real issue. That plus the Mourinho factor. Too much bad blood all round.
Imagine if we had scored that type of goal, it would have been another set of conspiracy theories.
That aside, I think it was a tough decision and the ref made the right call. However, Ronaldo should have been awarded a freekick but it did seem he went down soft from Pique's challenge.
Masch was the last defender and it looked likely that he was going to get to the ball before he was tripped by Ronaldo, inadvertently though.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by MeGaStReEt: 5:15pm On May 04, 2011
Fc Barcawood
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 8:52pm On May 04, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
Actually the ref disallowed the goal because Ronaldo had impeded a defender, albeit accidentally.
Though you could say that the goal could have stood, if the ref had seen Pique's foul on Ronaldo and allowed advantage play. But the ref had raised his hand before Higuain put the ball in the net.

If you look at the foul by Pique on Ronaldo, I think the goal should have been given. But the ref seems to have missed that one, and caught the trip by Ronaldo instead.
But Madrid have spent this CL tie complaining, rather than focus on the game. That, plus the overt fouling, in my opinion, is what did them in. If you're committing too many fouls, the other side is bound to make a meal of it, and the referee will react at some point. In tonight's game, MAscherano was clearly trying to get Adebayor sent off, but the ref didn't fall for it. Not to say that Adebayor helped the matter much, with his idiotic challenges.

I think too many games in such a short space of time is the real issue. That plus the Mourinho factor. Too much bad blood all round.
hannie:

Thank you for admitting the obvious . . .

I guess your fellow cules would gladly call u out for agreeing that the Ref should have allowed the goal, I doubt Stealthy will differ though . . .

As I watched the match, I thought it was a legit goal and I still do. These things happen. Referees make mistakes every now and then. The problem is that Mou magnifies every single mistake the refs make and that's really not good for the game. Madrid has got some favourable calls and some not favourable. Same things Barca - these things even out over time. Madrid has got many more penalties than Barca in La Liga this season, but Pep wont complain. If it was the other way round, this would be headline news courtesy Mou. The ref actually made a lot of effort not to book madrid players yesterday, but that is not right. Coaches like Mou should leave the refs to do their work fairly and not under unnecessary pressure.

All said and done, Madrid disappointed most watchers of the game with their excessive physicality and these classicos were not an advert for La Liga as we all hoped. We have been having classicos for many years but none were so controversial. Mou is the difference and I think the spanish national team might suffer for this.

Barcelona is not invincible and teams have shown that we can be beaten. A team like Madrid has the players to beat Barca fairly - it's quite a disappointment that mou tried to beat us by playing rugby.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:56pm On May 04, 2011
^^
You know, the whole Clasico series just got me wondering how La Liga would be without the Big Two chasing each other about season after season.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:05pm On May 04, 2011
^^^
Yeah. We've had a classico overdose this season. If we had other strong teams in the league, surely Barca & Real will have more to think of, rather than each other. I long for the days of Super Depor and Mestalla being a fortress. Hopefully Valencia & Villareal can get some cash injection and invest in squads deep enough to maintain the tempo for a full season.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by cisse7575(m): 11:35pm On May 04, 2011
la liga will not be 2 horse race next season
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 11:49am On May 05, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
You know, the whole Clasico series just got me wondering how La Liga would be without the Big Two chasing each other about season after season.
well, its just a thought, except they can can go way back in time to 04/12/1892 and reverse the birth of Franco ''legend of the seeker style'' grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 11:54am On May 05, 2011
I must confess that am really wearied out with the favoritism whinnings and hulabaloo cry and I have resolved not to delve much into it but I found Cruyff's article on Total Barca quite a piece to read, i just pasted below exercepts,

When I came to Barcelona in ‘88 [as their coach], Madrid, for me, was the best team in the last 40 years [prior to that]. They had La Quinta del Buitre [The five vultures] and had just won three back-to-back league titles. In Barcelona, everyone was crying foul. The referees were to be blamed for everything – Madriditis in every way. They were better, so of course they were winning. They won two more titles [after that] but we were growing [in strength]. [From the time I arrived,] we were helping Madrid to be better but were growing ourselves, until the day when we were playing as good, or maybe even better, than them that we managed to beat them. It was the Dream Team against La Quinta.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/opinion-pieces/cruyffs-corner-the-person-in-charge-is-florentino/#ixzz1LTSoaPbr
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2011
supersports.com reports that Fergie looks to Mou for Tips, i bet this is laughable, we dont want ugly scenes at Footies reverred ground on the 28th.

He should also do well to advise him to expect yellows and red if they play his style. I bet SAF wouldn't fall for this kinda gimmicks, although i know we will have a whole lot of vociferous cat calls and crowd chants targeted against several of our ''diving players'' and team as a whole @ Wembley.

We just simply have to be ourselves and play as usual, we dont change our games for anyone, therez been several headline news from Man U's camp, SAF preferring CR& to Messi, Ferdinand's tweet on Pedro and todays several headlines from SAF's interview etc, I just wish Pep and the players will avoid the camera glare and stay focused.

With all due respect, the title is ours to loose, am staying focused on a victory for us
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 12:57pm On May 05, 2011
Trust our bois,they can never be distracted.we need this CL trophy more than MAN U.we were close last season and having come this far i think we are un stoppable,not even Mou and his disciples can take this opportunity away from us.i wanna see the looks of madrid players when we split MAN U to pieces on the 28th.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by hannie: 1:22am On May 06, 2011
Stealthy:

As I watched the match, I thought it was a legit goal and I still do. These things happen. Referees make mistakes every now and then. The problem is that Mou magnifies every single mistake the refs make and that's really not good for the game. Madrid has got some favourable calls and some not favourable. Same things Barca - these things even out over time. Madrid has got many more penalties than Barca in La Liga this season, but Pep wont complain. If it was the other way round, this would be headline news courtesy Mou. The ref actually made a lot of effort not to book madrid players yesterday, but that is not right. Coaches like Mou should leave the refs to do their work fairly and not under unnecessary pressure.

All said and done, Madrid disappointed most watchers of the game with their excessive physicality and these classicos were not an advert for La Liga as we all hoped. We have been having classicos for many years but none were so controversial. Mou is the difference and I think the spanish national team might suffer for this.

Barcelona is not invincible and teams have shown that we can be beaten. A team like Madrid has the players to beat Barca fairly - it's quite a disappointment that mou tried to beat us by playing rugby.

Thank u Stealthy, for telling it is as it truly is . . .

as per the magnifying aspect, I disagree that Mou is guilty . . .the problem we have so many times is that we defer too much to constituted authority hence leading them to run autocratic institutions, we all know why Blatter is still there, just like we remember how powerful the FIFA-led Havalenge was, what of Hayatou and his way of Cameroun-influencing anything on the African soil, why has Jack Warner not yet been replaced . . its all because no one has the liver to tell the truth right up in their faces, so therefore coaches like Mou that will do so must be seen as enemy no 1 . . .I hate the fact that even my coach Wenger will rather sulk, throw tantrums and bottles simultaneously, than face the FA and UEFA to tell them straight up that Arsenal more often than not are at the receiving end of bad officiating . . .

once again, whats with this physicality thing u are arguing about? we all know Mou's teams are usually rugged so if they play to their strenghts why deride them ?

Mourinho has won a trophy this season and thats enuff reason why he should be cut some slack . . .he is still the best out there! not even Wenger comes close at the moment cool

@Holydonkey

fat donkey! tongue grin

talk to my monkey, u bloody donkey!

@Medjai the maiguard grin

I do barney, what do u do?

u do male anuses . . .anuofia!

werey alaso! grin adodi, adofuro jati jati tongue
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:36am On May 06, 2011
holydante:

supersports.com reports that Fergie looks to Mou for Tips, i bet this is laughable, we dont want ugly scenes at Footies reverred ground on the 28th.

He should also do well to advise him to expect yellows and red if they play his style. I bet SAF wouldn't fall for this kinda gimmicks, although i know we will have a whole lot of vociferous cat calls and crowd chants targeted against several of our ''diving players'' and team as a whole @ Wembley.

I think United will pose a very stiff test. They're very mobile, and have the pace to unsettle us. They are also the best counter-attacking side out there. They know how to exploit spaces at the back while defending robustly without exerting themselves.

holydante:

We just simply have to be ourselves and play as usual, we dont change our games for anyone, therez been several headline news from Man U's camp, SAF preferring CR& to Messi, Ferdinand's tweet on Pedro and todays several headlines from SAF's interview etc, I just wish Pep and the players will avoid the camera glare and stay focused.

With all due respect, the title is ours to loose, am staying focused on a victory for us

It's amusing reading that Fergie is consulting Mou regarding how to beat us. It always cracks me up when the so-called best coaches in the world are busy figuring out how to beat Barcelona. Good exercise for them I say. I even like the idea that we are being set up not exactly as underdogs, but the side everybody wants to lose. No problem. We've been there before.

In any case SAF has always preferred his boy CR7 to Messi.

Hopefully we can present our strongest and most experienced side. It will be a cracker, and not an ugly game, I hope.

Let's wrap up La Liga tomorrow and hand over the rest of the games to Barca B to prosecute grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 06, 2011
Hannie, it is a shame that your house (Arsenal) is  pitifully on fire. Instead of channelling your overbursting stream of wisdom and intelligence there, to salvage what is left of its reputation, u chose to deposit them when they are totally needless.
   For your info, the Mou u are very quick and ignorantly so defend, may have been handed a five-match ban by UEFA, for unguarded utterances. When big clubs like RM loses a match, what should concern them most is the approach they took that caused the defeat, not looking for officials to blame. It is so ignominous that they have chosen to travel this infamous road.
   Hannie should get all his facts right before defending Mou.   I think he does so blindly. Lol!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2011
hannie:

@Holydonkey

fat donkey! tongue grin

talk to my monkey, u bloody donkey!
this teen never ceases to dumbfound me with his silly antics, you are just lyrical match-making instead of making sense.

This is not rap zone bozooo, if you think you got ryhmes, you know better what to do than be on NL cussing your elders

A person who winks in the dark winks at no one.

donkey, monkey, bloody!! see ryhmes naahhh!!!! wack MC, clap for urself again undecided
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:58pm On May 06, 2011
We could seal the league this weekend. Madrid are away to Sevilla and anything but a win for them would secure us the league if we win against Espanyol.

hannie:

@Medjai the maiguard  grin

I do barney, what do u do?

u do male anuses . . .anuofia!

werey alaso!  grin adodi, adofuro jati jati  tongue
Barney, shut up and stop disgusting us with your fantasies, you old poof! grin
Barney the purple, gay dinosaur

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:42pm On May 06, 2011
cisse7575:

la liga will not be 2 horse race next season
With Malaga likely to stay up, Getafe on some petrodollars and Racing Santander already taken over plus Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla and Atletico Madrid also strengthening, La Liga will be anything but a two horse race next season.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2011
Last update on Bin Laden!!!!!

News Agencies from USA state that the moment Bin Laden was shot by the America commando's he was wearing a Barcelona shirt so they are not certain whether he is dead or was just acting.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by chic2pimp(m): 11:51pm On May 06, 2011
medjai:

With Malaga likely to stay up, Getafe on some petrodollars and Racing Santander already taken over plus Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla and Atletico Madrid also strengthening, La Liga will be anything but a two horse race next season.
False!!!. . . La Liga would be a two horse race for quite a while.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by hannie: 12:01am On May 07, 2011
Johnpaul88:

Hannie, it is a shame that your house (Arsenal) is  pitifully on fire. Instead of channelling your overbursting stream of wisdom and intelligence there, to salvage what is left of its reputation, u chose to deposit them when they are totally needless.
   For your info, the Mou u are very quick and ignorantly so defend, may have been handed a five-match ban by UEFA, for unguarded utterances. When big clubs like RM loses a match, what should concern them most is the approach they took that caused the defeat, not looking for officials to blame. It is so ignominous that they have chosen to travel this infamous road.
   Hannie should get all his facts right before defending Mou.   I think he does so blindly. Lol!

isnt this the same buffoon that is always quick to call the name of the Lord in his ediotic posts? na school ur papa send u, Kitaun no get time for smallies like u, twerp!

@Holydonkey

confess! tongue u love those rhymes . . .

bastard! angry

@Medjai

ur age shows in ur posts, explains why u had all the time in the world to post ur barney picture here, only juveniles like u would that, I guess ur age is 17, no? undecided

oponu buruku!

e be like say semen don take mistake go accumulate for where ur grey matter suppose dey, mumu! cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 7:55am On May 07, 2011
^^
Knock it off jare, all of you guys undecided

Meanwhile, I just saw this on Goal.com. Hilarious!!!
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/05/06/2474489/real-madrids-jose-mourinho-will-no-longer-talk-unless-uefa

Poor baby. He has gone into a permanent sulk. This guy is amazing!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:48pm On May 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
Knock it off jare, all of you guys undecided

Meanwhile, I just saw this on Goal.com. Hilarious!!!
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/05/06/2474489/real-madrids-jose-mourinho-will-no-longer-talk-unless-uefa

Poor baby. He has gone into a permanent sulk. This guy is amazing!

Mou is being his childish, petulant self again!

It looks like we won't win the league this weekend. Madrid are thrashing Sevilla right now so we have to wait at least one more week to win the league.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:02pm On May 07, 2011
^^
Too late for them. We need just 4 points, and we'll get those 4 points. If they like let them score 50 goals in every game. Not interested. grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:09pm On May 07, 2011
An update on our on-loan players:

Ibra won the league with AC Milan early today. He continues his impressive record of winning the league with every team he plays for.

Henrique scored the wining goal for Racing Santander away to Hercules, almost guaranteeing survival for Racing.

Caceres got a nasty head injury last weekend and is out for the season. His presence is sorely missed as Sevilla are defending like amateurs against Madrid.

Keirrison is not doing very well in Santos. With players like Ganso & Neymar, he has to be on the bench. I'd rather have him playing in our B team than sitting on the bench for Benfica, Fiorentina & now Santos.

Hleb also sits on the bench most of the time for Birmingham City. It's not been a great return to England for him.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:12pm On May 07, 2011
Stealthy:

Ibra won the league with AC Milan early today. He continues his impressive record of winning the league with every team he plays for.

Erm . . . should that not entitle Ibra to call himself the 'Extra-Special One'? Or let me be a bit more expansive. He once said he was the best player in the world as far as he was concerned. He must not be articulate enough, he needs to give more interviews probably grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:13pm On May 07, 2011
Ronaldo has now overtaken Messi in the pichichi race, thanks to Sevilla's shambolic defending today. I don't like this cos I know Pep & Messi well enough to know that Messi will now play all of the remaining league matches, to ensure he wins the pichichi title. Hence, he won't be rested at all before the Champions league final  cry
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:16pm On May 07, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Erm . . . should that not entitle Ibra to call himself the 'Extra-Special One'? Or let me be a bit more expansive. He once said he was the best player in the world as far as he was concerned. He must not be articulate enough, he needs to give more interviews probably grin

Lol! It's quite an impressive stat and he's surely one of the best strikers around. He just doesn't fit the Barca style and I'm still miffed that Pep & co allowed Inter to outsmart them in that most stupid of stupid deals.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:20pm On May 07, 2011
Stealthy:

Ronaldo has now overtaken Messi in the pichichi race, thanks to Sevilla's shambolic defending today. I don't like this cos I know Pep & Messi well enough to know that Messi will now play all of the remaining league matches, to ensure he wins the pichichi title. Hence, he won't be rested at all before the Champions league final  cry

Never mind about that. The words 'Rest' and 'Messi' do not seem to go well together.
Pichichi or not, he'll pull through. Personally I think it's not so bad if he doesn't win that. He's already top scorer in CL and CDR (he got to 7 goals before CR7).

What is more important for Villa and Pedro to find their scoring boots, and for the team to tie up the league by Wednesday, and win the Champions League on the 28th. He is already top scorer in Europe. Ronaldo is a good player, one of the best 2 or 3,  and deserves to win some personal laurel.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:12am On May 08, 2011
Stealthy:

An update on our on-loan players:

Really impressive record. If I were Wenger, he'd be my prime target.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:43am On May 08, 2011
medjai:

Really impressive record. If I were Wenger, he'd be my prime target.

shocked shocked shocked,and you think wenger would buy that dude? Him go price am as low as 3million.

As regards the pichichi, I agree with Ajanle for CR7 to at least win something to his credit. Make frustration
nor go wounjure the guy. But trust me people, as we all know Messi, he;ll never put it up all on himself to making
sure he surpasses Ronaldo in the chase for the Pichici, he'll do the normal goal scoring assist when neccesary and scores
his goal when necessary also. But I doubt it if Ronaldo will take the pichichi from him.

Anyways, 3 point 2nyt.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 2:50pm On May 08, 2011
eyoniggar:

shocked shocked shocked,and you think wenger would buy that dude? Him go price am as low as 3million.

lol. . . He'd rather sign a 14 year old that plays in Bangladesh.
Ibra has won 8 straight league titles, that's if you add the two he won with Juve that were later stripped off. . . The guy get title head, lol
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2011
Another win tonight. One more point (assuming Madrid wins on Tuesday) needed to win the league!

Messi & Iniesta were brilliant. Villa was horrible - I don't know what's wrong with him. Funny enough, Ibra started to mess up at about the same time last season. Anyway, he can play rubbish in the league, so long as he gets his scoring boots against ManU on 28th.

Talking of ManU, those guys will be a formidable opposition. Good at the back, fast in attack. We'll need to keep the ball very well and be quick & decisive in attack to beat them. All our guys need to be on their best form on the day. We can do it - we will do it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.