Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (103410 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:14pm On May 08, 2011
Title's all but in the bag. One point against Levante (surely we can do that!) and it's a hat trick of La Liga titles.
That way we can turn attention to the UCL finals and start giving the second string a runout. The great news is, both Bojan and Adriano will be available for the 28th, which is fantastic.
Against United, we need a strong side. Keeping the ball is absolutely crucial. I dream of a Pique-Puyol-Alves-Abidal starting back line. Abidal looked match rusty when he came on, but a few games and his confidence should return. He's a brave athlete to even attempt a comeback just 6 weeks after a major surgery.

Stealthy:

Villa was horrible - I don't know what's wrong with him. Funny enough, Ibra started to mess up at about the same time last season. Anyway, he can play rubbish in the league, so long as he gets his scoring boots against ManU on 28th.

Actually, I think Villa is completely out of gas this season, or something has happened to his instincts. Personally I think the pace at which Barca play has done him in. I might even consider a Bojan or Affelay on the left instead of Villa, to bring pace and energy to the play. Villa slows down the game unbelievably these days. Let's see though. I doubt Pep will consider resting him, as his Spanish goalscoring prowess has established him as one of the big boys in the team. He'd better bring it on the night though.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:03am On May 09, 2011
You all should remember how eto lost in the race for pichichi last 2 seasons, Forlan was way under him
in goal counts, but became rusty in front of goals during the end of the season and Forlan went for the grabs. In the end, He scored the damaging goal that came about the end of Man-U. I see Villa unleashing a goal to his credit, I just have a positive feeling to that. wink
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:17am On May 09, 2011
^^
I second you in that hope. Wherever Villa kept or misplaced his scoring boots, he'd better find them on the 28th. But it is comforting to know Bojan is going to be available. He'll need to play a couple of games prior, maybe our last 2 fixtures, to get his body back in the game, Abidal as well.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by switch47(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2011
Barca going for the La Liga title, Good thinking good football.

BARSA!!!!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On May 10, 2011
BUSQUETS MOM

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 8:16pm On May 10, 2011
dayokanu:

BUSQUETS MOM

Lol! Very funny grin grin grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:01pm On May 10, 2011
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/05/10/2479883/club-brugge-confirm-signing-of-barcelonas-victor-vazquez

We just lost Victor Vasquez to Brugges. I think he's a decent player, but I also recognize that not every La Masia player can get into the 1st team. The only annoying thing for me is that once again, we've let a player go for nothing! Don't the guys at the Barca helm know anything about finance?

We have sold the following players for little or nothing in the last few years: Henry, Marquez, Botia have all gone on free deals. Rochina was sold to Blackburn for 450k eur reportedly. We lost money in the Ibra & Chyg sales. We're becoming a charity not just for Unicef, but for rival clubs too - no wonder the club has such debts!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:16pm On May 10, 2011
Stealthy:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/05/10/2479883/club-brugge-confirm-signing-of-barcelonas-victor-vazquez

We just lost Victor Vasquez to Brugges. I think he's a decent player, but I also recognize that not every La Masia player can get into the 1st team. The only annoying thing for me is that once again, we've let a player go for nothing! Don't the guys at the Barca helm know anything about finance?

We have sold the following players for little or nothing in the last few years: Henry, Marquez, Botia have all gone on free deals. Rochina was sold to Blackburn for 450k eur reportedly. We lost money in the Ibra & Chyg sales. We're becoming a charity not just for Unicef, but for rival clubs too - no wonder the club has such debts!

Don't look at it from that point of view.
Vasquez probably needs the experience, he has suffered years of inury, and he's not getting any younger. Plus, players are not necessarily valued in millions of euros just because they play for Barcelona. In this case a cadet Barcelona squad. I'm sure if you put Busquets on the market, diving and all, we would be talking maybe 20-35 million euros minimum. Even Bojan would command good money.

Off topic, I was wondering, who knows what players are being tracked by Barca scouts?
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On May 10, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Off topic, I was wondering, who knows what players are being tracked by Barca scouts?

Ogbein fawole and Mojeed Azeez
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by switch47(m): 2:19am On May 11, 2011
C Ronaldo scores a hat-trick today against Getafe [/b]making it 5 goals ahead of messi in the pichichi race. maybe [b]Messi should concentrate on the UCL finals. preserving his fitness for the match that matters against UNITED
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:23am On May 11, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Vasquez probably needs the experience, he has suffered years of inury, and he's not getting any younger. Plus, players are not necessarily valued in millions of euros just because they play for Barcelona. In this case a cadet Barcelona squad. I'm sure if you put Busquets on the market, diving and all, we would be talking maybe 20-35 million euros minimum. Even Bojan would command good money.

A Brazilian defender, Andre Santos, plays for Fernabache and another Fernabache defender. Alexis Sanchez, Matt Hummels and Sergio Araujo are being watched too.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:50am On May 11, 2011
Stealthy:

There was no way they could cash in on him. His contract was gonna expire this summer and at 24, he barely features for the first team. The best thing was to let him go on a free transfer.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2011
i call this cristiano's SNEAK ATTACK. now when everyone is taking it easy and messi has his focus on the champions league, ronaldo has become so obsessed with winning the pichichi. he shoots from all angles and directions. all madrid players look 4 him to pass the ball. its so obvious and shameless. only real madrid affiliates rate him above messi. all neutrals know that he is the second best but is not in messi's class.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2011
dayokanu:

BUSQUETS MOM

SO WHY DONT YOU SHOW US CRISTIANO'S MOTHER. (the greatest diver of them all. he doesnt dive in el classicos because he simply does not touch the ball) SO SHOW US CRISTIANO'S MOTHER OR PEPE'S FATHER ( who knows if his dad is arnold schwarzenneger)
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2011
Lmao! **Arnold Schwazzenegar indeed!**
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 11, 2011
It is quite pleasurable to inform our guys here that my birthday today coincides perfectly with the day we will, by God's grace,be crowned the third successive champions of the league at valencia. I understand also that Iniesta celebrates his birthday . This is very fantastic! I hope it will be cheers all through! Lol!

I reserve my comments on CR's new found goalscoring form and race for Pichichi ,though he is a fantastic player who deserves whatever he can get.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 2:31pm On May 11, 2011
You are a lucky chap,grate people were born on this date.Happy birthday bro.
Happy birthday Don Iniesta.i am going to celeberate with a new girl tonight.
Laliga is much more important than CL,but i will prefer we win both just to set the record straight.
We are Barca,we are gonna celeberate two trophies this season.C.ronaldo can keep the pichichi,he has worked very hard for it.
Forza Barca.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 5:19pm On May 11, 2011
@johnpaul: Happy birthday man. . . all the very best.
Happy birthday to our one and only Don Andres.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 5:37pm On May 11, 2011
@Jonhpaul . . happy birthday to you and iniesta from the los blancos faithfuls.

ddippset:

i call this cristiano's SNEAK ATTACK. now when everyone is taking it easy and messi has his focus on the champions league, ronaldo has become so obsessed with winning the pichichi. he shoots from all angles and directions. all madrid players look 4 him to pass the ball. its so obvious and shameless. only real madrid affiliates rate him above messi. all neutrals know that he is the second best but is not in messi's class.

It would be better if you behaved maturely as your fellow barca fans concerning ronaldo and the pichichi because you are just typing rubbish above there. Man take things easy ooo before you and dayokanu will scatter ground now because i obviously think he was just joking above there.

Finally congratulations to barca fans in advance if they win the laliga tonight as we move on to next season. cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 6:08pm On May 11, 2011
Happy birthday Johnypaul/Iniesta

Now let's go win the league for US!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:11pm On May 11, 2011
looks like Pique has been having dinner with Koscielny lately
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 8:51pm On May 11, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I understand Vasquez needs the experience and was never going to make the 1st team at his age (Nolito & Soriano have a similar problem - I hope they are promoted though). But we could have sold him rather than let the contract expire. Like I said, this happens too often with Barca. Gai Assulin, Henry, Botia, Marquez, Rochina. I'm sure if we asked for some money, clubs would pay up - it might not be so much, but at least the guys wont all leave for free. La Masia graduates are highly valued across Europe so the club can capitalize on that. I feel that Barca gets literally scammed in transfer negotiations. We need a Galliani in Barca - that's the transfer don!

I am aware of the Fernebache players being tracked. Dortmund have said they wont release Hummels & Goetze (whom we were also tracking). To me we don't need to buy much. Just Botia, & a striker plus recall some of the guys on loans. I'll do a detailed write-up of my suggested transfer dealings later.

Happy birthday to JP88 & iniesta.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 8:56pm On May 11, 2011
I missed a barca match for the 1st time in ages. Heavy rain made sure DSTV isnt working. I'll cat the highlights sometime. The important thing is that we're champions.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2011
Yes o! Forget Khaled. . . We the best!! Campeones!!! Now let's go win the Big Ears.
Força Barca
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 11, 2011
On behalf of my co - celebrant, Iniesta, who i just got off the phone with, i wish to thank extensively all our fellas here who rejoiced with us on such a memorable day. It is always nice to see more birthdays and i wish all of us so!

Our players just did enough to clinch the hat-trick - their 21st title. Pep is so successful - 3 league titles in 3 years .I wish him more success in his career.

However, i think this is a game Piqué will not want to remember. He was horrible and never put a single foot right in defence. His recalcitrancy caused the equailzer. I hope this is only a lack in concentration.

Messi dazzled but was unlucky to score. Surely those his customary runnings will be very essential in the CL final while keeping manu defence on their always toes.

Now we can focus on lifting the Europe most prestigious prize.

All hail the Spanish Champion!!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 9:41am On May 12, 2011
End of discussion(EOD).We have left all that happened since the inception of this journey,the good, the bad and the ugly.I say a big thank you to all of you that have shown enough courage to support this grate club all the way,to those that admire our style of play and could not registered their support openly,i say you are welcome.to all the haters that do not like our dominance in Europe,i say repent and accept the will of God or quietly wait for your turn.
We aint done yet,CL will be the icing on the cake.Congratz People.
We are the best.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:55am On May 12, 2011
Hail the best! We look forward to next season.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:24am On May 12, 2011
Ole, Campeones!!!

What a season! Just like 2009, we won it with two games to spare, unlike last year when Madrid chased us all the way to the finish line.
Ironically, this season wasn't as close as the previous season, thanks to the 5-0 spanking in November. That made all the difference, as it left the whites with a chip on their shoulder all season. They dropped a lot of unnecessary points.

Last year it was 99 points to 96. This season, they cannot finish beyond 92 points, and I don't see us getting the maximum possible 98, as I expect we will see a lot of fringe players coming out for the next 2 games. Though last year, Madrid went out of the Copa very early, and could concentrate on the league. They were also out of the CL relatively early. This year they challenged for all trophies like we did, and it took tolls on both teams.

As regards the Pichichi, I would rather Messi forgets about that, he just needs maybe a brace to keep his status as Europe's leading scorer. I would like to see more of Bojan, Fontas, and Thiago, since they will be in the first team next year. Xavi could also do with a rest for the next two games, Keita and Thiago can deputize for both him and San Andres, they both need to be fresh for May 28th. It is essential that Villa players the next two games and scores, maybe that might boost his confidence which has mysteriously disappeared.

But it is important that Abidal gets good runouts, he looked rather match rusty and was not the same beast he was before the op. But I must say he is exceedingly brave to attempt a comeback in just two months. Our own Lance Armstrong!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by otokx(m): 11:45am On May 12, 2011
Congratulations
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 12:39pm On May 12, 2011
We did it . . . . cool . . . .On to the next 1
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:59pm On May 12, 2011
Happy Birthday Johnpaul and iniesta the magician.

Congrats cules. Three consecutive league titles. Thats so so "whats up"

Wembley here we come ooo!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 3:30pm On May 12, 2011
Hullo Fellow Cule Caopones,

JP88, you have been a worthy contributor to this thread, someone who often times is open to corrections, its an attitude of a great learner, pls keep it up; a double belated happy birthday to thee, am gonna pop a chilled nestle bottled water on your behalf during my lunch today and also to calm-collected-Don Andres, may God continue to keep you guys for us.

And at last, we have done it, a hard fought one and a well deserved Title, I bet this is one helluva draw that was as sweet as a victory (if i may paraphrase a ''certain special someone grin) Although i would have loved Lionel EL Messi to cap up such a magnificent season with the pichichi but hey, CR7's playmates have other ideas too, we wish them well, it will be an amazing feeling ''if and when'' Messi makes contributions to seal up the UCL holy grail at Wembley.

It wasnt a good performance yesternyte, i bet Pique is having a lot of close moments with Shakira grin, we need him to be up to his best more than ever on the 28th, he'l have a full hand in Rooney and Chicarito et al to contend with.

To all Cules on Culenairaland, You all have been great, so many eye opening commentaries and great submissions, i sure did learn a lot and the switch over folks too, that ensured i learnt some cuss words too, lets do it again next season, albeit maturedly cheesy

Well done Campions

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 / UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.