Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

When Love Speaks - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (412061 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 3:31am On Sep 28, 2018
infant:
Hi guys,

I have not abandoned this story. I haven't been able to update it all these while due to some personal reasons.

'when love speaks' continues next week.
Welcome back, I will be expecting d next update
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 7:02am On Sep 30, 2018
infant:
Hi guys,

I have not abandoned this story. I haven't been able to update it all these while due to some personal reasons.

Baba you don't turn to amaka united... To make our face culled in smile ehh, find how you go integrate monikers to your story.
Re: When Love Speaks by misspearlz: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2018
Welcome back
Waiting...
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 8:37am On Sep 30, 2018
Oluwa ma seun o
Re: When Love Speaks by DemiKOL(f): 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
infant:
Hi guys,

Nextweek don start o!
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
The characters that has been mentioned so far in this story are:

ANGEL:
The female lead character.
she gained admission into the university of her choice to study her dream course.
Her roommate was Jessica, who was also her course mate.
She was friends with Lucy, Jessica's cousin.
she was also friends with Henry, her course mate, and politely turned him down when he asked her to date him.

Her relationship with Jewel was a bickering one, because their first encounter didn't end on a good note.
She tried to avoid Jewel for peace to reign, but realized they couldn't avoid each other, because their course adviser selected them to represent their class in an intra departmental quiz.

JEWEL:
The male lead character.
He gained admission into the university of his choice to study his dream course.
He was friends with Henry who was his roommate and course mate.
His childhood friend, Francis, was also his course mate.
He got his heart broken when he paid a surprise visit to his girlfriend in her school.
His relationship with Angel was a bickering one, because their first encounter didn't end on a good note.
He tried to avoid Angel when he realized that his roommate, Henry was crushing on her, for peace to reign.
His decision to avoid Angel didn't go as planned, because he later got stuck with her when their course adviser selected them to represent their class in an intra departmental quiz.

JANE:
Jewel's childhood friend and first love who study in a different university. She dumped Jewel for a richer guy in her school.

JESSICA:
Angel's roommate and course mate. She had a crush on Henry and tried to use every means possible for him to notice her.

HENRY:
Jewel's roommate and course mate. He admired Angel a lot and planned to make her his girlfriend.
He told Angel how he felt towards her, but eventually got turned down. He got to know that Angel and Jewel were meeting secretly. He vowed to fight for his love and also get his revenge on Jewel for secretly stealing the lady he loves.

FRANCIS:
Jewel's childhood friend and course mate. He was Lucy's secret admirer.

LUCY:
Jessica's cousin and course mate. friends with Angel. She had a huge crush on Jewel. She collected Jewel's number from Francis to settle the dispute between Jewel and Angel, and at the same time get close to Jewel.

DANIEL:
Their course rep.

DR. FEMI:
Their course adviser.

2 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2018
infant:
The characters that has been mentioned so far in this story are:

ANGEL:
The female lead character.
she gained admission into the university of her choice to study her dream course.
Her roommate was Jessica, who was also her course mate.
She was friends with Lucy, Jessica's cousin.
she was also friends with Henry, her course mate, and politely turned him down when he asked her to date him.

Her relationship with Jewel was a bickering one, because their first encounter didn't end on a good note.
She tried to avoid Jewel for peace to reign, but realized they couldn't avoid each other, because their course adviser selected them to represent their class in an intra departmental quiz.

JEWEL:
The male lead character.
He gained admission into the university of his choice to study his dream course.
He was friends with Henry who was his roommate and course mate.
His childhood friend, Francis, was also his course mate.
He got his heart broken when he paid a surprise visit to his girlfriend in her school.
His relationship with Angel was a bickering one, because their first encounter didn't end on a good note.
He tried to avoid Angel when he realized that his roommate, Henry was crushing on her, for peace to reign.
His decision to avoid Angel didn't go as planned, because he later got stuck with her when their course adviser selected them to represent their class in an intra departmental quiz.

JANE:
Jewel's childhood friend and first love who study in a different university. She dumped Jewel for a richer guy in her school.

JESSICA:
Angel's roommate and course mate. She had a crush on Henry and tried to use every means possible for him to notice her.

HENRY:
Jewel's roommate and course mate. He admired Angel a lot and planned to make her his girlfriend.
He told Angel how he felt towards her, but eventually got turned down. He got to know that Angel and Jewel were meeting secretly. He vowed to fight for his love and also get his revenge on Jewel for secretly stealing the lady he loves.

FRANCIS:
Jewel's childhood friend and course mate. He was Lucy's secret admirer.

LUCY:
Jessica's cousin and course mate. friends with Angel. She had a huge crush on Jewel. She collected Jewel's number from Francis to settle the dispute between Jewel and Angel, and at the same time get close to Jewel.

DANIEL:
Their course rep.

DR. FEMI:
Their course adviser.
First to feel it

Next!!!!
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
Let the drama continue @infant
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
Episode 11

Angel and Jewel sat quietly at the faculty garden. They were the only one in the garden. every other students have gone back to their hostel. The garden was very quiet and conducive for reading. They were both holding different materials which they were reading. even though they were sitting very close to each other, they had not say anything to each other since they got to garden. They were not even studying together. Each of them was reading his own material. they were not working together as they should have.

Henry suddenly walked into the garden. He froze immediately he saw Jewel and Angel sitting at the far-left in the garden. They were too engrossed in what they were reading, that they didn't notice his presence. Henry quickly hid behind a tree and stared at them from a distance. He frown when he saw Jewel sitting very close to Angel. He glared at them. His eyes suddenly turned red. if those eyes were gun, about six bullets would have pierced into Jewel's body. He glared at them with so much pain in his heart.

"someone I thought was my friend, went behind me to get the lady I love. so people could be this wicked" he said, bitterly.
"Jewel, don't think you have won, because I will surely come back for you. you will regret going for the lady I love. I'm going to make you regret doing this to me. just wait and see. you have just drawn the battle line. you will surely regret this. I promise you" Henry sworn.

He glared at them one last time and left the garden without their awareness.

Lucy sat quietly in Jessica's room, waiting for her to return. she had been sitting there all alone for close to 2 hours. she was becoming impatient. She had tried calling her several times but her number was not reachable. she looked at her phone screen and realized it was already 8:15pm.

"I have to leave now. it's late already. but what is she doing out at this time. Even Angel that left since 6pm has not returned. will she still be with Jewel up till now? What are they even discussing? why did they even agree to meet up in the first? I hope it's not what i'm thinking. I will have to find out. I won't just sit and do nothing." she said, carried her bag and stood up to leave.

The door opened immediately she stood up, and Jessica walked in. she heaved a sigh of relief when she was Jessica.

"Jessica, where have you been? I have been waiting for you for two hours now." Lucy said.

"why didn't you call me?" Jessica asked.

"I called but it was not reachable." Lucy responded.

Jessica brought out her phone from her bag and realized that her phone was switched off.

"oh, sorry my phone is switched off. why do you want to see me?" Jessica asked.

"come and sit down" Lucy said and pulled Jessica to sit with her on the bed.

"by the way, where is Angel?" Jessica asked.

"she left the hostel since 6pm. she went to meet Jewel" Lucy responded.

"Jewel!" Jessica said, surprised.
"I thought they were not on good terms."

"that was what I thought too. but Jewel called her this evening to meet him at the gate." Lucy responded.

"maybe he just wanted to apologize for what he did to Angel. whatever the case may be, i'm glad they have settled their differences." Jessica said.

"that's true" Lucy responded.

"so what do you want to discuss with me?" Jessica asked.

"I want to ask ........."

The door suddenly opened, cutting Lucy off from saying what she wanted to say.

They both turned there attention to the door to she Angel standing at the door. she looked exhausted. she walked into the room and went straight to her bed to sit. she dropped her bag beside her.

"Angel, where have you been all this while?" Lucy asked.

"I was with Jewel. we were ......." she suddenly paused when she realized she shouldn't have said that.
"I mean to say, I was at the faculty garden reading."

Lucy stared at her suspiciously. she wasn't convinced by Angel's response. she knew Angel wanted to say something about Jewel but suddenly stopped.

'there must be something going on between Angel and Jewel, if not, she wouldn't have kept the fact that she was with him all these while a secret.' she thought.

Angel stood up from her bed and walked to the door.

"where are you going?" Jessica asked.

"I want to get my clothes" Angel responded.

"let me come with you. I want to get mine also" Jessica said.

"okay, let's go then" Angel responded.

Jessica stood up from her bed and left the room with Angel.

Lucy rushed to Angel's bed immediately they left the room. she took Angel's bag and opened it. she searched through it to see if she could find anything that proves that Angel and Jewel were seeing each other.

Jewel walked into his room to find Henry already asleep. He quietly went to his bed and sat. he dropped his books and lay on his bed to catch some sleep. Henry secretly opened his eyes. He glared at Jewel for some time before closing his eyes to get some sleep.

Jewel woke up very early and prepare for lecture. Henry was not in the room when he woke up. He couldn't believe that Henry left for lecture so early. He quickly prepared for lecture and left the hostel when he was set.

The class was almost filled. Angel, Jessica and Lucy could been seen sitting at the far left. Jewel and Francis were occupying the front sit. Henry was sitting alone at the back. They were all waiting for the lecturer to arrive. Few minutes later, Daniel walked into the class. He went straight to the podium and faced the class.

"hello everyone" he called the attention of the class.

The class focused their attention on him.

"i'm sorry, this class won't hold. The lecturer is not available. He is attending a seminar" Daniel said.

Students started leaving the class immediately Daniel made the announcement. Angel, Jessica and Lucy stood up to leave but Daniel approach them immediately.

"hi ladies" he greeted.

"hi Daniel" they responded in unison.

"Angel can i talk to you?" he asked.

"sure" she responded.

Jessica and Lucy walked ahead. Daniel waited until they had left before he turned to face Angel.

"I'm curious" Daniel said.

"curious about what?" Angel asked.

"why did I see you and Jewel together. I thought you were not on good terms." Daniel asked.

Angel stared at him for a while, not sure why he asked such question.

"I'm not quarreling with Jewel. we just had little misunderstanding." she responded.

"I saw you alone with him yesterday night. Are you guys........"

"I have to leave now. my friends are waiting for me." she cut in immediately.

She left his presence without listening to any more questions from him. she didn't know why he was asking her questions about Jewel, and don't feel like answering question relating to Jewel.

Angel entered her room and was surprised to see that Jessica was not back. she was expecting to meet her in the room since she left before her.

'maybe she has gone to her cousin's hostel.' she thought.

She sat on her bed and removed her shoes. she opened her bag and brought out her notebook. A piece of paper dropped from her bag immediately. She ignored it at first, but later picked it up and unwrapped it. she stared in confusion when she saw the content written on the paper.
'stay away from him. he is evil. he will ruin your life'. that was the content of the paper.
she stared at the paper confused, as she couldn't understand what those words mean.

"who was this meant for? what is it doing in my bag?" she mumbled.
"who kept it in my bag, and who is it referring to? I don't think this is for me. maybe it mistakenly find it way to my bag."

She dropped the paper back in her bag and lay on her bed. The content of the paper kept resurfacing in her mind and she became troubled.

3 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by YINKS89(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
kom and continue now
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
Op Welcome back ooooo

U too much,, plz comma continue ooo
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Thanks for d update
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2018
I hope Lucy inquisitiveness will not leads to jealousy which could also manifest to hatred. Interesting episode I must say. Nice update infant
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2018
OK na moving on.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
Episode 12

Angel didn't mention it to anyone that she saw a piece of paper warning her to stay away from God knows who, in her bag. she kept it to herself. she didn't know who the paper was from and what it was about. She wanted to find out who the paper was from and why it was sent to her.

"I must find out who sent this to me and why it was sent to me" she said to herself.

The next day in school was quite hectic. They had 3 lectures in a space of 4hours. One of their lecturers also had a make up class with them. Jewel was very exhausted by the end of lectures. He just wanted to go back to his hostel and rest. It was already 5pm and before he would get to his hostel, it would be time for his personal study with Angel. He left the class without informing Francis or Henry. And moreover, Henry seemed to be angry with him. Just as he step out of the class, he heard his name behind him. He turned to see Daniel walking towards him.

'why is he coming to meet me? is Dr. Femi looking for me' Jewel thought.

"what's up Jewel" Daniel said, immediately he got to Jewel.

"I'm cool." Jewel responded.

"are you leaving already?" Daniel asked.

"yes. is Dr. Femi looking for me?" Jewel asked.

"no no, you can go ahead. I just wanted to say hi" Daniel said.

"okay thanks, I have to leave now. I'm already exhausted." Jewel said and made attempt to leave.

"Jewel" Daniel called.

"yes" Jewel responded.

"I thought you and Angel were not in good terms. why did I see you both alone at the faculty garden?" Daniel asked.

Jewel stared at him, not sure why he asked that question.

'what's wrong for him to be seen alone with Angel. Is he expecting them to keep avoiding each other forever' he thought.

"you don't need to answer me. I was just curious. that's all" Daniel continued when Jewel didn't respond.
"you can leave now. see you in class tomorrow"

Jewel turned and left his presence without saying anything. Daniel stared at his retreating figure until it was out of sight before leaving.

It was already 5:45pm when Jewel got to his hostel. That means it was almost time for his private study with Angel. He dropped his bag on his bed and picked his notebook on the table. He left his room immediately, because he was already late.

Angel was seen lying on her bed, while Jessica was solving some questions. It was already 6:30pm and she hasn't left to join Jewel for their personal study. She didn't plan of going to meet him. She was still scared about the message written on the piece of paper she saw in her bag. She didn't know if the message was referring to Jewel. Maybe the message was trying to tell her to stay away from Jewel, because it was after she spent time with him that she got that message.

'or could it be that Jewel actually kept that piece of paper in my bag, because he was the last person I was with before I saw that paper in my bag.' she thought.
'yes, it should be him. he might have done that to get back at me. He must have done it to scare me. I just hope it's not him, because if it's him, I won't take it lightly with his. That piece of paper is giving me sleepless night.'

A tap on her shoulder brought her back to reality. she turned to see Jessica standing beside her.

"won't you pick up your call. your phone has been ringing continuously, and it's distracting me from studying." Jessica complained.

Angel was so carry away that she didn't realize that her phone was ringing. She sat up and took the phone from her bed. she stared at the screen.

'speaking of the devil' she thought, when she realized that the call was from Jewel. She dropped the phone on her bed for it to continue ringing and lay down back on her bed.

"won't you pick the call?" Jessica asked.

"it's not important" Angel responded.

Jewel sat alone at the faculty garden with his phone placed on his ear. He was dialing Angel's number. He removed the phone from his ear and stared at the screen with frustration. That was the fifth time he was calling Angel, but she wasn't picking. It was already 7pm. He had been sitting there all alone for an hour, waiting for Angel. There was no how he could do anything meaningful there alone, because Angel was with all the materials Dr. Femi gave them.

"how can she just leave me here all by myself. If she won't come, shouldn't she have called to inform me, so that I wouldn't have come here to waste my time. She is even ignoring my calls. This is so frustrating" he said in frustration.

Jewel stared at his watch and realized it was 7:10pm already. He picked up his book which was beside him, stood up and left the garden in annoyance.

Just immediately Jewel left the garden, Henry came out from the tree he was hiding behind. He had been watching Jewel secretly all the while. He couldn't hide the smile on his face when he saw Jewel so frustrated. He knew Jewel was waiting for Angel and eventually got frustrated because Angel didn't show up. He was very happy to see Jewel so angry.

"you want to steal the woman I love from me. let's see if it will go your way" Henry said.

He waited for some minutes before leaving the garden.

Jewel opened his door and stormed into his room. He went straight to his bed and lay on it. He sighed deeply when he realized that Henry was not yet back.

'it seems Henry is still avoiding me' he thought.

"I can't believe I just wasted my time out there. If I knew this would happen, I would have saved myself the stress of going there." he said.

"let me use this opportunity to revise what we learned today." he said and picked up his bag which he left on his bed.

He brought out a notebook from his bag and flipped through pages. I piece of paper fell off from the book.

"what's this" he said and picked up the paper.

He unwrapped it and read the content on the paper. His mood suddenly changed when he read what was written on the paper. His stared at the paper in annoyance.

'If you don't stay away from her, I will ruin your life' that was the content on the paper.

Jewel stared at the piece of paper in his hand with so much anger. He was so certain that the message was from Henry.

"Henry, you must be a coward for you to confront me this way. so you cannot come to me personally and confirm if there is anything going on between me and Angel. so you chose to do it this way. I was even planning of telling you why Angel and I always meet, but since you choose to go about it this way, I will have to see what you are capable of doing. I won't tell you why Angel and I always meet. I will watch and see how you will ruin my life, since that's what you plan to do." Jewel said to himself with a frown.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2018
More ink to ur pen OP
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hmmmm

OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by devilmaycry1(m): 7:08am On Oct 03, 2018
wow welcome back
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2018
More power to your elbow.. Thus is becoming interesting..
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
Episode 13

Jewel stared at the piece of paper in his hand with so much anger. He was so certain that the message was from Henry.

"Henry you must be a coward for you to confront me this way. so you cannot come to me personally to confirm if there is anything going on between me and Angel. so you chose to do it this way. I was even planning of telling you why Angel and I always meet, but since you chose to go about it this way, I will have to see what you are capable of. I won't tell you why Angel and I always meet. I will watch and see how you will ruin my life, since that's what you plan to do." Jewel said to himself with a frown.

He tore the paper into pieces and dropped it in the dustbin.

"Henry, you can go ahead and do your worst." he said.

Just as he went back to sit on his bed, the door opened and Henry walked in. Henry went straight to his bed and lay down without sparing Jewel a glance. Jewel observed him for a while and realized that his face was slightly curved in a smile.

'so you are happy because you think your threat will have impact on me. let's see how it goes' Jewel thought.

Jewel observed him for some times, before lying on his bed.

Angel stood in front of Dr. Femi's office. Daniel had earlier informed her that Dr. Femi wanted to see her. She took a deep breath and hope Jewel didn't tell Dr. Femi anything. She knocked on the door and waited for response.

"come in" Dr Femi's voice sounded from within.

Angel entered the office to see Dr. Femi sitting behind his desk.

"good morning sir" Angel greeted.

"why are you taking your study with Jewel for granted?" Dr. Femi asked immediately without responding her greeting.

'so Jewel actually reported me to Dr. Femi' she thought.

"do you think this is a joke? You got the opportunity to represent your class and you are taking it for granted." Dr. Femi continued.

'so Jewel went and reported me to Dr. Femi after what he did. what is he trying to achieve by doing that. so he is trying to make me look bad. He is trying to make Dr. Femi see me as a bad person' Angel thought.

"let this not repeat itself. you may leave now" Dr. Femi said.

Angel lowered her head a bit and left Dr. Femi's office.

Angel sighted Jewel sitting alone in an empty class and walked straight to meet him. She had been looking for him since she left Dr. Femi's office. She stood in his front and glared at him when she got to him. Jewel looked up from his table to see Angel glaring at him.

'what's that look for' he thought.
'if there is anyone that should be angry, it should be him.'

"why did you go and tell Dr. Femi that I deliberately missed our study, after what you did?" Angel asked.

"what's wrong with what I said to him? didn't you miss it? you made me to wait all night, and when I tried calling, you ignored my call" Jewel responded.

"why won't I ignore your calls, after what you did" Angel said.

"what did I do?" Jewel asked.

"oh please! stop feigning ignorance. you know what you did" Angel said.

"I don't know what you are talking about" Jewel responded.

"I don't have time to argue with you. I just want to tell you never to try such nonsense with me again. because if you do, I won't take it lightly with you" Angel said and stormed out of the class. Jewel stared blankly into air, as he could not understand what Angel was talking about.

Francis sat quietly in the school restuarant, waiting for Lucy. He had made up his mind to tell Lucy how he feels towards her. He was very sure that he likes Lucy and would want to date her. So there is no need keeping it a secret from her.

'I will tell her today. yes I will' he mumbled.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Lucy standing beside him. she was smiling broadly. He froze when he saw her. He was so carried away that he didn't notice when Lucy walked into the restuarant.

"Hi Lucy, you are here already" he said, masking his surprise with a smile.
"please have a seat"

"thank you" Lucy responded and sat down.
"sorry for keeping you waiting"

"it's nothing" Francis responded.

"I hope you have not had lunch already, because if you have, without waiting for me, I will break your head" Lucy joked.

"No, why should I? I invited you here. so it's only proper for me to wait for you before having lunch" Francis responded.

"that's very kind of you" Lucy said.

Francis beckoned the waiter and he approached them. The waiter took their orders and served them. They consumed their food silently. After few minutes of silence, Francis spoke.

"Lucy" he called.

Lucy looked up from her table and faced him.

"yes dear" she responded.

"there is something I will like to tell you" Francis said.

"okay, I'm listening" Lucy responded.

"first, I will like to ask you a question" Francis said.

"Go ahead" Lucy responded.

"do you have a ..........."

"hi guys" Daniel interrupted them.

They both turned to see him standing beside them, with a plate of food.

"can I join you guys?" he asked.

Francis stared at him in annoyance. He just ruined his plan with his presence. Why will he choose to join them when there are empty seats in the restuarant.

"sure, you can join us" Lucy responded.

Daniel placed his food on the table and sat down beside Lucy.

"so what are you guys discussing?" Daniel asked.

'what do you want to know' Francis mumbled.

"nothing, we are just having lunch" Lucy responded.

"Francis, I hope you know that you are paying for my lunch also" Daniel said.

Francis felt like giving him a heavy knock on his head for saying such, after ruining his plan.

"sorry bro, I already budgeted for two" he responded, masking his anger with a smile.

"okay, no problem bro" Daniel said.

They continued eating silently. After a while of silence, Daniel spoke again.

"I always see Jewel and Angel together at night. Lucy, do you think there is something going on between them." Daniel asked.

'what's your business if they are seen together. won't you mind you own business?" Francis mumbled to himself.

Lucy stared at Daniel for some time without saying anything. She already guessed that there might be something going on with Jewel and Angel, and what Daniel just said to her just confirmed her hunch. She suddenly became very sad.

"I don't know if there's anything going on between them. Angel has not told me anything yet" she responded, masking her sadness with a smile.

"I'm just saying, because I always see them together" Daniel said.

Lucy dropped her spoon and stood up.

"I'm leaving" she said.

"so soon" Daniel asked.

"yes, I have to leave now" she said.

"I'm leaving also" Francis said and stood up.

Lucy walked ahead, while Francis went to settle the bills. He joined her when he was done and they left the restuarant together.

Jewel opened his door and entered his room. Henry was not in the room when he entered. He went straight to his bed and sat down. He brought out his phone from his pocket and dailed Angel's number. He placed the phone on his ear and waited for her to pick the call.

"hello" Angel's voice sounded at the other end.

"I hope you are coming. don't keep me waiting like the other day." Jewel said.

"I'm coming" Angel responded.
"why are you even calling me. it's just 4pm"

"I need to remind you, so that you won't keep me waiting" Jewel said.

"I will come" Angel responded and ended the call immediately.

Jewel dropped the phone on his bed and picked up his bag. he opened it and brought out a notebook. He opened the first page of the notebook and saw a piece of paper placed in it.

"not again" he said.

He knew what the content on the paper was likely to be. He unwrapped it and read the content.

'After warning you to stay away from her, you still went ahead to wait for her at the garden. since you have refused to listen to my warnings, watch what will happen to you. I will destroy you. you won't escape my wrath this week. I promise you that'.

That was exactly what Jewel read on the paper.

Instead of getting angry, he became a bit scared.

"this is getting out of hand. why would Henry be sending me such scaring messages. I need to put a stop to this before something bad happens" he said.

He dropped the paper on his bed and rushed to Henry's bed. He took Henry's notebook from his bed and went back to his own bed. He opened a page in the notebook and compared the writing with the one on the piece of paper. His eyes widen in shock when he realized that the writing are not the same. He suddenly became weak.

"the messages are not from Henry" he said.
"then who is sending me these scaring messages."

He became very scared that he did not know who is trying to harm him, and what the person planned to do.

2 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by devilmaycry1(m): 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2018
hmm
Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 2:52am On Oct 04, 2018
Jewel don get unknown enemies.
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 8:01am On Oct 04, 2018
The unknown writer is Daniel
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2018
THIS ONE NA DOUBLE WAHALA OHH
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2018
Wahala dey oooo,,

OP tanks a lot for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2018
Hmmmm. There's fire on the mountain for jewel and angel ooo. Thumps up infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
I suspect Daniel and Henry

Infact welcome back
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
Episode 14

Jewel became very scared that he did not know who is trying to harm him, and what the person planned to do.

"what will I do now? this is a threat to my life. I don't know if this person is just trying to scare me, or he is actually serious with what he said" he said.

A knock sounded on the door and he turned quickly to the direction of the door. He was scared. He knew that was not Henry, because Henry wouldn't have knocked on the door. He stood up from his bed and walked to the door. He opened the door to see Jessica standing at the door.

"hi Jessica" he said, surprised.

He wasn't expecting to see her standing at the door.

"hi Jewel" she responded, smiling.

She was carrying a handbag.

"is Henry around?" she asked.

"no, he has not returned yet" Jewel responded.

"can I wait for him?" Jessica asked.

"sure, please come in" Jewel said and gave way for her to enter.

She entered into the room and Jewel followed behind her.

"please have a seat" Jewel said, pointing at Henry's bed.

"thank you" Jessica responded and sat down on Henry's bed.

Jewel went back to sit on his bed. He took a book and busied himself with it. After a while of deafening silence, he spoke.

"have you called to inform him that you are waiting for him?" Jewel asked.

"no, let me call him now" she responded and dailed Jewel's number.

she placed the phone on her ear and waited for him to pick up.

"hello Jessica" Henry's voice sounded at the other end.

"I'm waiting for you in your room" Jessica said.

"oh! I will be with you soon. I'm on my way. give me 5minutes" Henry responded.

"okay, I'm waiting" Jessica said and ended the call.

"what did he say?" Jewel asked, immediately.

"he is on his way" Jessica responded.

"okay" Jewel said.

Jewel stood up from his bed.

"you can wait for him here. I need to go and get something from my friend's hostel." he said.

"okay" Jessica responded.

Jewel walked to the door and went out. He wasn't actually going to get anything. He just wanted to give them some privacy.
Jessica sat alone in the room, staring at every corners of the room.
After sitting alone in the room for a while, Henry walked into the room and went straight to me Jessica on his bed.

"sorry for keeping you waiting" he apologized.

"it's nothing" Jessica said.

"so, to what do I owe this surprise visit?" Henry asked

"I actually want you to explain something for me" Jessica responded.

"let's see what it is then" Henry said.

"before that, let's have lunch. I brought food" Jessica said and brought out a food flask from her handbag.

"you shouldn't have bothered bringing food. Anyway, thanks very much." Henry said.

"go and bring plate let me dish out the food" Jessica said.

Henry hurried to his cupboard and brought two plates and spoons. He handed them to Jessica. Jessica dished out the food in just one of the plates, for them to eat together.
They sat facing each other on the bed and consumed the food silently. The didn't say a word to each other until they were done eating.

"thank you very much. it's really delicious." Henry said when they were done eating.

"you are welcome" Jessica responded.

"but you don't always have to bring me food whenever you need my assistance. you can always come to me whenever you need me." he said, trying to act like a gentle man, but In actual sense, he doesn't mind if she keeps bringing him food, because her food was very delicious.

Henry explained what Jessica wanted him to explain for her, and when he was done, they both left the room together.

It was already 5:45pm. Angel sat on her bed, preparing for his personal study with Jewel. She put on her sandals and took her notebook from her table. she flipped through pages and noticed another piece of paper, placed in her notebook. she stared at the paper and prayed silently that it should not contain any scary message. she picked up the paper and read the message in it.

'he is evil. stay away from him. he will ruin your life'
The message was just exactly the same with the first one she got.

She stared at the paper in anger. This time, she wasn't scared but angry.

"so Jewel, after warning you to stop sending me such messages, you still went ahead and sent it. you think you can scare me this way. Just wait until I get to the garden." she said, carried her handbag and stormed out of her room.

Jewel entered his room to realize that Henry and Jessica were no longer in the room. He went straight to his bed and lay down. It's was already 6:15pm and he had not gone to join Angel at the garden. He didn't intend going there, not after the message he got. He didn't know who is threatening his life, so it is only proper for him to tread carefully. He took his book instead and busied himself with it.

Angel sat on a seat at the faculty garden, waiting impatiently for Jewel. she was waiting for him to arrive, so that she could give him a piece of her mind. She looked at her phone screen and realized it was 6:30pm already.

"what's keeping him" she said.

When she was tired of sitting, she stood up and paced up and down the garden.

"so Jewel is actually joking with me. He knew what he did, that's why he refused to show up now. He think he can joke with me and go free. let's see how it goes." she said.

She carried her handbag and left the garden.

Jewel dropped the book he was reading and sat up. His door suddenly opened and Angel stormed into the room. She walked straight to meet him and stood in his front. She fixed an angry gaze on Jewel.

Jewel suddenly realized he should have informed her not to bother going to the garden because he won't be available.

"I'm sorry. I should have called to inform you not to go to the garden. I forgot. My mind was on so many things" Jewel apologized.

"what's the meaning of this?" Angel asked and showed him the piece of paper.

Jewel collected the paper and took a thorough look at it. He froze when he realized that the writing was the same with the one he has.

"why are you sending this to me? what are you trying to achieve by doing this? do you think I will sit down and watch you joke with me?" Angel barked.

Jewel quickly rushed to his bag and brought out the one with him. He gave it to Angel.

"I have been getting similar message also" he said.

Angel stared at the paper in surprise. She became weak when she realized that both message was written by same person. Her angry suddenly disappeared. She sat down on Jewel's bed and took a deep breath.

"so you are not the one sending me those messages. who is sending it then?" Angel asked.

"how am I suppose to know. I think the person sending it actually wants me to stay away from you. He thinks we are seeing each other. He threatened to ruin my line if I don't stay away from you." Jewel said.

"so what are will going to do now?" Angel asked.

"I don't know. I think it's better if we stay away from each other for now, because this is not an ordinary threat." Jewel responded.

"we can't do that. we need to study for the upcoming quiz." Angel said, immediately.

"hey look here, I'm the one being threatened. if things go wrong, I will be the one to face the consequence. so you can't tell me what to do." Jewel cautioned.

"I'm sorry" Angel apologized.
"but we can come up with a plan"

Jewel quickly sat down beside her on his bed.

"do you have a plan?" he asked.

"I don't have a plan, but I think for now, we should just change our location." Angel responded.

"do you have any location in mind?" Jewel asked.

"we can have our study here in your room" Angel suggested.

Jewel wanted to agree to the suggestion, but his mind suddenly drifted to Henry.

"I don't think it's a good idea. we can use your room instead" Jewel said.

"if you are okay with it. then there's no problem." Angel said.

"I'm okay with it" Jewel responded.

"my room it is then" Angel said.

"it will be better that way" Jewel said.

"I'm so tired. I ran all the way here with the aim of creating a scene, thinking you are the one sending me those messages" Angel said and lay on Jewel's bed.

"you can rest a bit before going back to your hostel" Jewel said.

"thank you" Angel said.

"you are welcome" Jewel responded.

The door suddenly opened and Henry walked in. He froze when he saw Angel lying on Jewel's bed. He stared from Jewel to Angel, back to Jewel. They stared silently at him also. After a while of deafening silence, Henry spoke.

"sorry for disturbing you guys" he said and turned to leave the room.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
infant:
Episode 14

Jewel became very scared that he did not know who is trying to harm him, and what the person planned to do.

"what will I do now? this is a threat to my life. I don't know if this person is just trying to scare me, or he is actually serious with what he said" he said.

A knock sounded on the door and he turned quickly to the direction of the door. He was scared. He knew that was not Henry, because Henry wouldn't have knocked on the door. He stood up from his bed and walked to the door. He opened the door to see Jessica standing at the door.

"hi Jessica" he said, surprised.

He wasn't expecting to see her standing at the door.

"hi Jewel" she responded, smiling.

She was carrying a handbag.

"is Henry around?" she asked.

"no, he has not returned yet" Jewel responded.

"can I wait for him?" Jessica asked.

"sure, please come in" Jewel said and gave way for her to enter.

She entered into the room and Jewel followed behind her.

"please have a seat" Jewel said, pointing at Henry's bed.

"thank you" Jessica responded and sat down on Henry's bed.

Jewel went back to sit on his bed. He took a book and busied himself with it. After a while of deafening silence, he spoke.

"have you called to inform him that you are waiting for him?" Jewel asked.

"no, let me call him now" she responded and dailed Jewel's number.

she placed the phone on her ear and waited for him to pick up.

"hello Jessica" Henry's voice sounded at the other end.

"I'm waiting for you in your room" Jessica said.

"oh! I will be with you soon. I'm on my way. give me 5minutes" Henry responded.

"okay, I'm waiting" Jessica said and ended the call.

"what did he say?" Jewel asked, immediately.

"he is on his way" Jessica responded.

"okay" Jewel said.

Jewel stood up from his bed.

"you can wait for him here. I need to go and get something from my friend's hostel." he said.

"okay" Jessica responded.

Jewel walked to the door and went out. He wasn't actually going to get anything. He just wanted to give them some privacy.
Jessica sat alone in the room, staring at every corners of the room.
After sitting alone in the room for a while, Henry walked into the room and went straight to me Jessica on his bed.

"sorry for keeping you waiting" he apologized.

"it's nothing" Jessica said.

"so, to what do I owe this surprise visit?" Henry asked

"I actually want you to explain something for me" Jessica responded.

"let's see what it is then" Henry said.

"before that, let's have lunch. I brought food" Jessica said and brought out a food flask from her handbag.

"you shouldn't have bothered bringing food. Anyway, thanks very much." Henry said.

"go and bring plate let me dish out the food" Jessica said.

Henry hurried to his cupboard and brought two plates and spoons. He handed them to Jessica. Jessica dished out the food in just one of the plates, for them to eat together.
They sat facing each other on the bed and consumed the food silently. The didn't say a word to each other until they were done eating.

"thank you very much. it's really delicious." Henry said when they were done eating.

"you are welcome" Jessica responded.

"but you don't always have to bring me food whenever you need my assistance. you can always come to me whenever you need me." he said, trying to act like a gentle man, but In actual sense, he doesn't mind if she keeps bringing him food, because her food was very delicious.

Henry explained what Jessica wanted him to explain for her, and when he was done, they both left the room together.

It was already 5:45pm. Angel sat on her bed, preparing for his personal study with Jewel. She put on her sandals and took her notebook from her table. she flipped through pages and noticed another piece of paper, placed in her notebook. she stared at the paper and prayed silently that it should not contain any scary message. she picked up the paper and read the message in it.

'he is evil. stay away from him. he will ruin your life'
The message was just exactly the same with the first one she got.

She stared at the paper in anger. This time, she wasn't scared but angry.

"so Jewel, after warning you to stop sending me such messages, you still went ahead and sent it. you think you can scare me this way. Just wait until I get to the garden." she said, carried her handbag and stormed out of her room.

Jewel entered his room to realize that Henry and Jessica were no longer in the room. He went straight to his bed and lay down. It's was already 6:15pm and he had not gone to join Angel at the garden. He didn't intend going there, not after the message he got. He didn't know who is threatening his life, so it is only proper for him to tread carefully. He took his book instead and busied himself with it.

Angel sat on a seat at the faculty garden, waiting impatiently for Jewel. she was waiting for him to arrive, so that she could give him a piece of her mind. She looked at her phone screen and realized it was 6:30pm already.

"what's keeping him" she said.

When she was tired of sitting, she stood up and paced up and down the garden.

"so Jewel is actually joking with me. He knew what he did, that's why he refused to show up now. He think he can joke with me and go free. let's see how it goes." she said.

She carried her handbag and left the garden.

Jewel dropped the book he was reading and sat up. His door suddenly opened and Angel stormed into the room. She walked straight to meet him and stood in his front. She fixed an angry gaze on Jewel.

Jewel suddenly realized he should have informed her not to bother going to the garden because he won't be available.

"I'm sorry. I should have called to inform you not to go to the garden. I forgot. My mind was on so many things" Jewel apologized.

"what's the meaning of this?" Angel asked and showed him the piece of paper.

Jewel collected the paper and took a thorough look at it. He froze when he realized that the writing was the same with the one he has.

"why are you sending this to me? what are you trying to achieve by doing this? do you think I will sit down and watch you joke with me?" Angel barked.

Jewel quickly rushed to his bag and brought out the one with him. He gave it to Angel.

"I have been getting similar message also" he said.

Angel stared at the paper in surprise. She became weak when she realized that both message was written by same person. Her angry suddenly disappeared. She sat down on Jewel's bed and took a deep breath.

"so you are not the one sending me those messages. who is sending it then?" Angel asked.

"how am I suppose to know. I think the person sending it actually wants me to stay away from you. He thinks we are seeing each other. He threatened to ruin my line if I don't stay away from you." Jewel said.

"so what are will going to do now?" Angel asked.

"I don't know. I think it's better if we stay away from each other for now, because this is not an ordinary threat." Jewel responded.

"we can't do that. we need to study for the upcoming quiz." Angel said, immediately.

"hey look here, I'm the one being threatened. if things go wrong, I will be the one to face the consequence. so you can't tell me what to do." Jewel cautioned.

"I'm sorry" Angel apologized.
"but we can come up with a plan"

Jewel quickly sat down beside her on his bed.

"do you have a plan?" he asked.

"I don't have a plan, but I think for now, we should just change our location." Angel responded.

"do you have any location in mind?" Jewel asked.

"we can have our study here in your room" Angel suggested.

Jewel wanted to agree to the suggestion, but his mind suddenly drifted to Henry.

"I don't think it's a good idea. we can use your room instead" Jewel said.

"if you are okay with it. then there's no problem." Angel said.

"I'm okay with it" Jewel responded.

"my room it is then" Angel said.

"it will be better that way" Jewel said.

"I'm so tired. I ran all the way here with the aim of creating a scene, thinking you are the one sending me those messages" Angel said and lay on Jewel's bed.

"you can rest a bit before going back to your hostel" Jewel said.

"thank you" Angel said.

"you are welcome" Jewel responded.

The door suddenly opened and Henry walked in. He froze when he saw Angel lying on Jewel's bed. He stared from Jewel to Angel, back to Jewel. They stared silently at him also. After a while of deafening silence, Henry spoke.

"sorry for disturbing you guys" he said and turned to leave the room.
I dy your back like ike..
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
This is becoming more interesting
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 8:47am On Oct 05, 2018
Thank GOD for knowing they're not at fault for those scary messages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.