Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

When Love Speaks - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (412056 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 10:00am On Oct 05, 2018
Thanks for the Update
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2018
Mustack:

I dy your back like ike..

Stop quoting update,,, is kind off
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2018
skubido:

Stop quoting update,,, is kind off
ok sir
Re: When Love Speaks by holufunmie(f): 1:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
infant infant my boss.i went on strike thinking by d time I call off d strike,u wld have completed dis story,,but I was so disappointed to see dat d story was d way I left it wen I called it off,but u know what it is really gud to ave it back..dis Daniel of a guy is supicious.
Re: When Love Speaks by poyepa(m): 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2018
Thanks for the update,,,,,please mention me when you update
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 12:23am On Oct 06, 2018
Episode 15

The door suddenly opened and Henry walked in. He froze when he saw Angel lying on Jewel's bed. He stared from Jewel to Angel, back to Jewel. They stared silently at him also. After a while of deafening silence, Henry spoke.

"sorry for disturbing you guys" he said and turned to leave the room.

"wait!" Jewel said, immediately.

Henry stopped and turned to face Jewel.

"why are you leaving? Angel was waiting for you all this while. Are you going to leave just like that without knowing why she came all the way from her hostel to see you?" Jewel asked.

Henry stared at Jewel, surprised, and at the same time embarrassed.

'so Angel was actually waiting for me' he thought.

Angel too could not hide the surprise look on her face when Jewel said that. she didn't remember telling Jewel that she was waiting for Henry. She stared at Jewel with a questioning look.

That was the only thing Jewel could come up with, for Henry not to misunderstand what he saw.
Henry quietly walked back into the room.

"are you actually waiting for me?" Henry asked.

Angel nodded in affirmation, even though she had no idea of what to say was her reason for looking for him.

"I'm very sorry. I didn't know you were waiting for me." Henry said and went to sit on his bed.
"why do you want to see me?" Henry asked.

"I was thinking if you can help me out with a topic. you know you asked me to come to you whenever I need help" Angel said.

"yes, I said that. what topic is it?" Henry asked.

Angel stood up from Jewel's bed and went to sit beside Henry on his bed.
Jewel heaved a sigh of relief and lay down comfortably on his bed.

Angel showed Henry the topic she wanted him to explain, and Henry took his time explaining a topic Angel knew better than him. By the time they were done, Jewel had already slept off. Angel thanked Henry and left their room without waking Jewel.

Everyone sat quietly in class, waiting for the lecturer to arrive. Francis was sitting beside Jewel at the far left, while Henry was sitting alone at the back. Angel, Jessica and Lucy were occupying the seats at the far right. Daniel walked into the class few minutes later and went straight to the podium.

"attention everyone" He called.
"I'm sorry this class won't hold. The lecturer is not available."

"not again!" someone shouted from the back.

"The lecturer gave us an assignment instead, which we are to submit first thing tomorrow morning. The assignment should not be less than 10 pages. It must be typed and spiral bind." Daniel instructed.
"I will be at the faculty to collect it tomorrow. you must bring it to me before 7:45am, because I will take it to the lecturer exactly 7:45am.

"How is that possible? How are we suppose to type a 10 pages assignment and submit first thing tomorrow. Most of us have something else to do" someone said.

"I'm just delivering the lecturer's message. You can ignore it if you like, but I just want you to know that the assignment carries 10 marks. so if you don't do it, you automatically lose 10 marks. I will send the questions to you guys before the end of our next lecture" Daniel said and left the class.

Students started leaving the class, since the lecture was no more holding.

It was already 5:50pm and Jewel was already set for his personal study with Angel. He seemed very tired, because he spent about 3hours at the cafe typing the assignment that was giving to them. He was very hungry at the same time, because he didn't have lunch. He spent all his time at the cafe and there was no time for him to have lunch. If it was possible, he wouldn't have bothered going for the study with Angel, but he just had to go because they have already missed their study for two consecutive time. He picked up his phone from his bed and dialed Angel's number. He placed the phone on his ear and waited for her to pick up.

"hello Jewel" Angel's voice sounded at the other end.

Jewel stared at the phone screen to confirm if he dialed the right number. That was the first time Angel was calling him by his name, and it sounded so well on her lips. He placed the phone back on his ear when he confirmed that he dialed the right number.

"Angel, I'm on my way. I hope you are in your hostel?" Jewel asked.

"yes I'm in my hostel, but aren't you suppose to be busy with you assignment?" Angel asked.

"I have done it already" Jewel responded.
"what about you? are you still busy with yours?"

"no, I'm done with mine also." Angel responded.

"okay I will be there soon" Jewel said and ended the call.

Jewel took his notebook from his table and left his room immediately.

Jessica sat on her bed, going through her assignment, while Angel lay on her bed. She was waiting for Jewel to arrive. She suddenly realized she should have told Jessica that Jewel was coming, and his reason for coming. She sat up and turned to face Jessica.

"Jessica, I have to tell you something." she said

Jessica dropped the book she was holding and turned to face her.

"what is it?" Jessica asked.

"There's a quiz coming up very soon in our department. Dr. Femi has already selected Jewel and I to represent our class. He gave us some material to work it and told us to decide on the days we will be meeting for personal studies. We have already decided on that, and also decided that we will be meeting here in our room. I hope it's okay with you if we have our studies here." Angel said.

"yes, it's okay with me. He is always welcome here." Jessica responded.
"but why would Dr. Femi choose both of you, out of everyone in class?"

"I don't know" Angel responded.

"okay, he is welcome" Jessica said.
"it seems I will have to prepare dinner for three then"

"yes, exactly" Angel responded.

A knock sounded on their door.

"I think that's him" Angel said.

She stood up and walked to the door. she opened it to see Jewel at the door.

"hi" Jewel said, smiling.

"hi" she responded, smiling.
"please come in"

Jewel entered and Angel followed behind him.

"hi Jessica" Jewel said.

"hi" Jessica responded.

"please have a seat" Angel said, pointing to plastic chair in the room.

"thanks" Jewel responded and sat down.

Angel sat down also.

"I think I will have to leave you guys" Jessica said and stood up.

She left the room to prepare dinner.
They began their study immediately. This time, they worked as a team. they helped each other with what the other might not understand better. Angel later find Jewel to be very intelligent and vast in many areas. She also realized that he was very kind.
Jessica brought dinner when it was ready and they all ate. Jewel spent some time with them before he left. He left very happy and felt like coming back there everyday.

Jewel and Henry woke up very early the next day. They knew very well that they have to leave their hostel very early in order to submit their assignment to Daniel before 7:45am. It was just 6:15am, but they were already set. Jewel's phone suddenly started ringing. He took it from his bed and realized that the call was from Angel. He picked the call immediately.

"hello Angel" Jewel said.

Henry turned to face Jewel immediately he heard Angel's name. He listened with keen interest.

"Jewel, you have to forgive me for what I'm about to tell you now" Angel said.

"what is it?" Jewel asked.

"promise me you won't get mad" Angel said.

"I won't, I promise" Jewel assured her.

"I forgot to tell you yesterday that Dr. Femi asked us to meet him at his office before 7:30am today. He said that it is very urgent." Angel said.

"but why are you just telling me this now?" Jewel asked.

"I'm very sorry Jewel. it escaped my mind." Angel apologized.

"you know I have to submit my assignment before 7:45am" Jewel said.

"why not give it to Henry to submit for you." Angel said.

"okay I will do that" Jewel responded.

"I will wait for you in my hostel." Angel said.

"okay" Jewel responded and ended the call.

Henry carried his bag to leave the room immediately Jewel ended the call.

"Henry please wait" Jewel said.

Henry turned to face Jewel.

"can you please help me submit my assignment. I have to go to Dr. Femi's office right now." Jewel said.

"okay, you can bring it" Henry responded.

Jewel quickly brought out his assignment from his bag and gave to Henry.

"thank you very much" Jewel said.

Henry collected the assignment and left the room without replying Jewel.
Jewel sat on his bed and put on his shoe. His phone suddenly started ringing. He stared at the screen and realized that the call was from Angel. He picked up the call.

"hello Angel" Jewel said.

"Jewel, I just received a call from Dr. Femi. He told us not to bother coming again." Angel said.

"oh! that's a relief" Jewel said.

"okay, talk to you later"

"okay" responded and ended the call.

He went back to his bed and lay on it.

"since I don't have anything to do now, I will just sleep instead. My first class is by 4pm. which is a make up class." He said.

Jewel walked into the class exactly 4pm for the make up class. The class was almost filled when he walked in. He went to the available seat at the back and sat down. Few minutes later, the lecturer walked into the class. It was the same lecturer who gave them the assignment. The lecturer walked to the podium and faced the class.

"Jewel!" The lecturer called.

Jewel stood up immediately. He was surprised that the lecturer called his name in the class.

"yes sir" He responded.

"everyone submitted their assignment except for you. I hope you are aware that you just lost 10marks." The lecturer said.

Jewel froze immediately the lecturer said that. same assignment that he spent 3hours at the cafe typing. He turned and stared at Henry, probably asking him to explain what the lecturer just said.

4 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by DemiKOL(f): 5:28am On Oct 06, 2018
Why cant henry man up and talk things out with jewel Instead of behaving like a kid? So annoying a person!
Re: When Love Speaks by thobbie007(m): 7:23am On Oct 06, 2018
I can bet, Henry is a coward dude..... all bcoz of hmmmm...... well it happens nowadays sef....... Oga writer I double sight u
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 7:42am On Oct 06, 2018
From one to another..
Re: When Love Speaks by holufunmie(f): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2018
Henry Is very childish,,aw can he act like dat all becos of a girl.
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2018
This Henry is just an idiot, thanks for the update jare
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
Episode 16

Jewel froze immediately the lecturer said that. same assignment that he spent 3hours at the cafe typing. He turned and stared at Henry, probably asking him to explain what the lecturer just said. He turned back to face the lecturer when Henry wouldn't say anything.

"but sir I .............."

"no excuses" the lecturer cut in.
"I didn't get your assignment when I asked for it, so no excuses."

Jewel quietly sat down, feeling sad.

'how can Henry do this to me. Is he this heartless? If he can do this, it means he is capable of doing anything. This also shows that he is the one sending me those messages. Why didn't I see this from start? He wouldn't have been so stupid to have written those messages himself. He must have given it to someone else to write for him, for him not to implicate himself. what will I do now? will I lose 10marks just like that." Jewel thought.

The lecturer continued with the lecture. Jewel didn't concentrate on the lecture. He was lost in thought. He couldn't believe that Henry could do that to him.

When lecture was over. Just immediately the lecturer stepped out of the class, Jewel confronted Henry. He stood at Henry's front and glared at him.

"what's the meaning of that? why didn't you submit my assignment?" he asked.

"I swear, I submitted the assignment to Daniel. I was very surprised when the lecturer said you didn't submit yours." Henry responded.

"if you submitted it, why then is it missing?" Jewel asked.

"I don't know. maybe we can ask Daniel, because i'm very sure that I submitted your assignment to him." Henry responded.

They both approached Daniel who was about leaving the class.

"Daniel what happened? I thought I submitted Jewel's assignment to you. Why did his own got missing?" Henry asked, immediately.

"I don't know. I took every assignment that was submitted to me to the lecturer's office. If Jewel's own was not there, it means you didn't submit it." Daniel responded.

"how can you say that, when I know very well that I submitted it to you" Henry said.

"like I said earlier, every assignment that was submitted to me was taking to the lecturer's office. I have to leave now" Daniel said and left their presence.

Jewel stared in frustration. He spared Henry one last glance and left the class also. He didn't know what to believe anymore.

Jewel sat down alone in an empty class. He just wanted to be alone, so that he could think of what to do next. He was resting his head on the desk. He was so lost in thought that he didn't realized when Angel walked into the class. Angel sat quietly beside him, without distracting him. Few minutes later, Jewel raised his head to see Angel sitting beside him.

"Angel!" he called, surprised.
"how long have you been sitting here?"

"not quite long. Jewel what really happened? why was your assignment not submitted to the lecturer?" Angel asked, feeling concerned.

"I don't know. All I know is that I gave it to Henry to submit for me." Jewel responded.

"Are you saying that Henry didn't submit it" Angel said.

"isn't it obvious. He intentionally didn't submit my assignment." Jewel responded.

"but why would Henry do such a thing?" Angel asked.

"He thinks there's something going on between us. He once told me that he likes you and would like to date you. maybe he thinks that I went behind him to court you" Jewel responded.

"that's absurd" Angel said.

"I have always believed that he was the one sending me those messages, and he just confirmed it with what he just did." Jewel said.

"This is really absurd. I need to put a stop to this. I will confront him" Angel said.

"no, you don't need to talk to him. I can handle this" Jewel objected.

"I have to, if not, this will keep repeating itself" she said and stood up.
"I will talk to you later"

Angel left the class to look for Henry.

Angel stormed into the faculty garden and walked straight to meet Henry, who was sitting at the far left. She stood in his front and stared angrily at him. Henry looked up from the book he was reading to see Angel staring at him.

"hi Angel" he said, smiling.

Angel didn't respond. she just kept staring at him. Henry noticed that she wasn't smiling.

"what's wrong? why the look on your face?" Henry asked.

"I don't want to believe that you intentionally didn't submit Jewel's assignment, because if that's the case, you will completely lose the respect i have for you" Angel said.

She stared at Henry one last time, turned and walked out of the garden.
Henry stared angrily at the retreating figure of Angel. He couldn't believe what just happened.

"so Jewel is trying to make me look like the bad one. He is trying to make Angel see me as a bad person, so that he can have her all to himself. let's see if this will go his way." Henry said, stood up and left the garden.

Just when Jewel was about to leave the class he was sitting in, Daniel walked into the class. Daniel went straight to meet Jewel.

"Jewel I want to tell you that I have nothing to do with your missing assignment, because I took every assignment that was submitted to me to the lecturer's office. If yours wasn't among, it means Henry didn't submit it" Daniel explained.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me. It seems that I now know what happened to my assignment." Jewel responded.

"what happened to it?" Daniel asked.

"you don't have to worry yourself about that. I have to leave now" Jewel said.

"okay" Daniel responded.

Jewel turned and left the class. Daniel stared at the retreating figure of Jewel until he was out of sight, before leaving the class also.

6 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by DemiKOL(f): 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
Henry? Lets wait and see.

Thanks for the update op!
Re: When Love Speaks by greatlinda(f): 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
am I d only one suspecting this Daniel of a guy

4 Likes

Re: When Love Speaks by Tony142: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
I am suspecting henry and daniel

it most be one of them

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
Something tells me dat it's Daniel that is behind it

Thanks for d update bro
Re: When Love Speaks by lonesome501(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
toyhin123:
Something tells me dat it's Daniel that is behind it

Thanks for d update bro
something ke,,its quite obvious dat its dat thickheaded daniel dat z behind all d wahala.
Re: When Love Speaks by pacifust058(m): 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
Danieeel
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 11:15pm On Oct 06, 2018
lonesome501:
something ke,,its quite obvious dat its dat thickheaded daniel dat z behind all d wahala.
Lol, let's wait for d next update sha
Re: When Love Speaks by adeoyun(m): 11:18pm On Oct 06, 2018
greatlinda:
am I d only one suspecting this Daniel of a guy
No me too d suspect that guy
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 12:52am On Oct 07, 2018
Hmmmm.
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2018
Speechless.

OP tanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2018
Episode 17

Henry lay on his bed, waiting for Jessica. Jessica had earlier called to inform him that she was coming. He was about going to the restuarant to have dinner when he received Jessica's call, and decided not to go, since he believed that Jessica would bring food along with her. He prefer eating Jessica's food than going to the restuarant to eat. Few minutes later, a knock sounded on the door.

"that must be her" he said.

He stood up and rushed to the door. He opened the door to see Jessica standing at the door. His face curved in a smile when he realized that Jessica brought that same handbag she was with the last time she visited. That means she brought food.

'Jessica never disappoints' He thought.

"hi Henry" Jessica said.

"hi" Henry responded.
"please come in"

Jessica entered and sat on Henry bed. Henry also sat down beside her.

"where is Jewel?" Jessica asked.

"he has not returned yet" Henry responded.

"okay" she said.

"so what do you want to learn today?" Henry asked, and hoped that she would ask them to have dinner first, because he was really hungry.

But to his surprise, Jessica brought out her book and showed him the topic she wants him to explain to her.
Henry acted cool and collected the book from her.
Since she wanted him to explain the topic first, he would do just that. There's no need to rush. The food is here and not running away. When they are done with the lecture. They can eat the food then. As for now, hunger can wait.

Henry began the lecture immediately. He explained the topic to the best of his knowledge, and also asked Jessica questions from time to time, for him to be sure that she understood the topic. He spent an hour and 30minutes explaining the topic to Jessica. He was very tired and hungry when he was done. He couldn't wait for Jessica to dish the food so that they can eat.

Jessica opened her handbag and brought out the food flask. Henry's face curved in a smile when he saw the food flask.

'so we can now eat' Henry thought.

Jessica opened the food flask and looked into in.

"what!" she exclaimed.
"how can my cousin return my food flask to me without washing it."

She showed Henry the food flask.

"Henry can you see now. I gave my cousin food with this food flask, only for her to return it without washing it" she said.

Henry didn't respond. He just stared at her in disappointment. He was hoping that she brought food, only for her to shatter his heart with what she just said.
Jessica's face curved in a smile when she saw the disappointed look on Henry's face. Everything she did was already planned. She knew Henry would be expecting her to bring food, but she just had to disappoint him. She wanted him to see how important she is to him, and that was the only way she could show him. Henry might not notice her if she doesn't show him that she is important to him, and that was the best way to go about it.

"I will start leaving now" Jessica said and stood up.

"okay" Henry responded.

Jessica left the room very happy, because she knew that her plan worked.

Henry waited for few minutes, to be sure that Jessica would have gone far, before rushing to the restuarant to have dinner.

Lucy received some flowers from an unknown person, and a card telling her how special she is. She sat on her bed with the flowers, trying to figure out who could have sent it. Her phone suddenly started ringing. She took it from her bed to realize that the call was from Francis. She picked up the call immediately.

"hello Francis" she said.

"hello Lucy. can you come to the restuarant? I have something very important to tell you" Francis said.

"okay, I will be there in 10minutes" Lucy responded.

"okay, I'm waiting." Francis said.

Lucy ended the call and stared at the screen.

'could it be that Francis actually sent me these flowers" she thought.

She stood up from her bed, carried her handbag and left her room.

Francis sat quietly in the restuarant, waiting for Lucy. He had made up his mind to tell Lucy how he feels about her, since the last time didn't work out. The restuarant door opened and Lucy walked in. She went straight to meet Francis and sat opposite him.

"hi" Francis said.

"hi" Lucy responded.

"thanks for coming" Francis said.

"you said you want to tell me something" Lucy said.

"yes" Francis responded.

"okay, but before that, I just want you to know that you are my friend. my very good friend. no matter what happens between us, it won't change the fact that we are friends. we will continue being friends no matter what. you are a very good guy and I won't like to lose our friendship. I hope you will always be my friend no matter what" Lucy said.

Francis stared silently at Lucy as she speaks. He could only grab one thing from the numerous things she said, and that's the fact that she only sees him as a friend and nothing more. She just indirectly told him that she can't date him, because she only sees him as a friend. Maybe she has realized that he was the one that sent those flowers and decided to indirectly turned him down even before he ask her to date him. He stared silently at her, knowing fully well that Lucy had friendzoned him.

"so what do you want to tell me?" Lucy asked.

"nothing exactly. I just wanted us to hang out" Francis responded, masking his sadness with a smile.

They sat there silently for a while, before leaving the restuarant together.

Angel was seen pacing up and down in front of Daniel's hostel. She had called to inform him that she was at his hostel, and has been waiting impatiently for him. She wanted to confirm if Henry actually didn't submit Jewel's assignment to him.
Daniel emerged from his hostel few minutes later to meet Angel.

"sorry for keeping you waiting" Daniel said immediately he got to her.

"Daniel I want to confirm something from you, and I want you to be truthful to me." Angel said.

"okay" Daniel responded.

"how many assignments did Henry submit to you?" Angel asked.

"just one" Daniel responded.

"but Jewel said he gave Henry his assignment to submit for him." Angel said.

"It's either Henry intentionally didn't submit it, or Jewel didn't give him any assignment to submit. It could also be that Jewel didn't do the assignment and team up with Henry to lie against me, and make it look like I'm the one at fault. I think that should be the case. They actually agreed to lie against me and make me look like the one at fault. I have always known that those guys are evil. They can do anything to achieve their aim. Angel, I will advise you to stay away from them, because they can ruin your life." Daniel said.

Angel stared silently at Daniel, not sure why he was telling her that. she only wanted to confirm if Henry submitted Jewel's assignment to him and not to seek for his advice.

"okay thanks. I have to leave now." Angel said.

"okay" Daniel responded.

Angel turned and left, while Daniel stood still, staring at her retreating figure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by nastynic(m): 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
Awonja grin grin grin

Who send this Daniel self?
Thanks For The Update Bruh
More Cash to your account
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 3:46am On Oct 08, 2018
Daniel is the cultprist ....

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 5:18am On Oct 08, 2018
Thanks for d update
Re: When Love Speaks by Teeleb(m): 6:18am On Oct 08, 2018
is episode 17 last episode of the story??
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2018
This guy called Daniel with his intentions which I can't really pinpoint for now must be the enemy within. Maybe Daniel too is eyeing Angel. Interesting story...well done infant
Re: When Love Speaks by devilmaycry1(m): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2018
enemy is too much daniel love angel
Re: When Love Speaks by John944: 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Lol...people like daniel ehn...we just chew them like grubs!
Re: When Love Speaks by John944: 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2018
A very big thank you for comming back @infant...we hope for more updates & continuity of this great piece!
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 12:31am On Oct 11, 2018
Episode 18

Jewel was seen alone in his room. He was lying on his bed. Henry was not yet back. A knock sounded on the door. He stood up from his bed and went to the door. He opened it to find Francis at the door.

"hey Francis" he said.

"I need your advice Jewel" Francis said.

"what is it? please come in." Jewel said and gave way for him to enter.

Francis entered and sat on Jewel's bed. Jewel sat down beside him.

"what is it Francis" Jewel asked.

"is it possible to date someone who sees you only as a friend. how can you let her know that you want to be more than just a friend" Francis said.

"why do you asked?"

"nothing, I just want to know" Francis said.

"Francis I can't help you if you don't tell me the truth." Jewel said.

"okay, it's Lucy. I like her. I like her a lot, but unfortunately, she only sees me as a friend." Francis said.

"it's very possible for her to see you differently, but it depends on how you go about it." Jewel said.

"what should I do then?" Francis asked.

"okay, listen carefully" Jewel said.

Francis moved closer to Jewel and listened with keen interest as Jewel lectured him on what to do for Lucy to start seeing him differently. Out of the numerous things that Jewel said, he took note of one important things. And that's, he should not be too predictable.
He left Jewel room with the aim of putting what he learned into practice.

Everyone sat down quietly in class, waiting for Daniel who said he has an important information to pass. Daniel walked into the class few minutes later. He went straight to the podium and face the class.

"I received an important information from 300 level students. There will be an intra departmental quiz next week. Two students are to represent each class. All other classes have already selected their two representative except for us. I don't know why our course adviser hasn't informed us of the quiz yet. There's no time anymore. we need to prepare for it. so I am suggesting we should vote right now to select the two students that will represent us." Daniel said.

Jessica tapped Angel who was sitting beside her at the far left.

"I thought you said that Dr. Femi has already chosen you and Jewel." Jessica said.

"yes, but he told us not to mention it to anyone." Angel responded.

"but they are about to select two students that will represent us." Jessica said.

"let them vote for who they want. if the course adviser still want us to represent the class, he will address the class" Angel responded.

"okay, if you say so" Jessica said.

They focused their attention back on Daniel who was still standing in front of the class.

They all voted, and at the end of the vote, Daniel and Henry were chosen to represent the class. They stood in front of the class and were applauded. Dr. Femi walked into the class a minute later. He went straight to the podium and faced the class.

"there will be an intra level quiz next week and two students will be selected to represent your class." Dr. Femi said.

"we have already done that sir" Daniel said.

"when?" Dr. Femi asked.

"just now" Daniel responded.

"whoever was chosen don't need to bother. I will select who will represent your class." Dr. Femi said.
"Jewel and Angel should stand up" he ordered.

Angel and Jewel stood up immediately.

"both of you will represent your class" Dr. Femi said.

The look on Daniel and Henry's face when Dr. Femi said that was not funny at all.

"so I want everyone to support them in anyway you can. A win for them, is a win for everyone." Dr. Femi continued.

Dr. Femi left the class immediately he passed the information.

Daniel walked to meet Jewel immediately Dr. Femi left and shook hands with him.

"congrats bro, I know you can do it" Daniel said, smiling.

"thanks" Jewel responded.

They all left the class after the announcement.

It's been 6days since Dr. Femi informed the class about the quiz. Angel and Jewel had been studying very hard for the quiz. They haven't received any strange message since then. Things went back to normal, and Jewel didn't feel threatened anymore. He thought the person threatening him might have realized that there was nothing going on between him and Angel.

The quiz was scheduled to hold the next day, meaning Jewel and Angel would be meeting at the garden for the very last time for their private study.

Jewel was already at the garden, waiting for Angel. He got to the garden exactly 6pm and had already spent 10minutes there. Few minutes later, Angel walked into the garden. She sighted Jewel at the far left and went to meet him.

"hi" she said and said down beside him.

"hi" Jewel responded.

"how long have you been waiting?" Angel asked.

"not too long" Jewel responded.

"are you nervous?" Angel asked.

"about what?" Jewel asked.

"about tomorrow quiz" Angel said.

"no, I'm not. we have already prepared for this. " Jewel responded.

"yes that's true." Angel said.

"and moreover, the is not the first time I would be representing my class for a quiz. I have been doing that since I was in secondary school." Jewel said.

"same here" Angel said.

They suddenly became quiet. They stared silently into air for a while before Jewel finally spoke.

"Angel, I think I still owe you an apology" he said.

"apology for what?" Angel asked.

"the way I spoke to you the first day we met. I wasn't in a good mood then. someone I trust very much betrayed my trust. I was very angry and was looking for who to transfer my aggression to. you just happened to be the victim. I'm very sorry." Jewel apologized

"you don't need to apologize. I have already forgiven you a long time ago. At first, I was so mad at you and always wanted to get my revenge on you, but when I got to know you better, I realized that you are a nice guy" Angel responded.

"thank you very much. I really appreciate it." Jewel said.

"you are welcome. but who actually offended you, that made you acted that way" Angel asked.

"I got dumped by my girlfriend" Jewel responded.

"wow! sorry for that, but why did she dumped you?" Angel asked.

"she gained admission into a university at the far east. I paid her a surprise visit in her school only to see her with another guy. she introduced the guy as her boyfriend to me" Jewel explained.

"so sad. I'm sorry about that." Angel said.

"it's nothing. I have gotten over it already" Jewel responded.

"I never knew you went through such. if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always come to me" Angel said.

"then I guess it's safe to say that we are now friends" Jewel said.

"sure" Angel responded.

They left what brought them to the garden, and were discussing personal issues. They also got to know each other better. They left the garden when they were done.

The first person Jewel saw when he got to his hostel was Daniel. Daniel was waiting for him at his door. He stared at him in surprise, as he didn't understand what Daniel was doing in his hostel. Daniel stared back at him with smiles.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.