Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly (17724 Views)

Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area / Omo-Agege's Thug Who Snatched The Senate's Mace In Action (Photos) / Senate Resumes Plenary With New Mace After Thugs Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by larrymoore(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
We shall see the end of this drama
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Maj196(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
The Mace Runners: National Assembly Thugs
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by AdesanmiMatthew: 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
[color=#006600][/color] I saw a Fulani man with it....not sure if it' is yet to be damaged..
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Why am I not konsign?? I cannot even react to this kind of news! This country no dey try...! And I won't deny a part of me is happy that this shit happen!( make this politician know how e be when you no get security!) I pray for more thuggery in that house,! Any terrible tin that happen to those politician in that house is a good tin to the average Nigerian

Meanwhile am first to comment
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank God for giving me this opportunity. Next i would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friends for being beside me as always. I would also like to thank my pet fish for for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next i would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that i need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and i would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that will never forget. I have been trying to be the first comment on a post for years, but that has not beenpossible untill this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck willcontinue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how i did this, i would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To everyone out there reading this, i would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you everyone.

You're not bothered, yet you are busy writing all this epistles and epithologies

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Profitbase: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
That mase is it made of gold Am interested. I will pay cash.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Holymann(m): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
cheddahboy:
Demand ko, Supply ni
If you are broke, check my signature
Pls have you earned from this b4?? cos i couldn't find the name on google.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Tenshades(m): 8:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
Robisky001:
Ultimatum here and there. After 24hrs nothing will still happen toothless bulldogs.
"toothless bulldogs"
DAMN.. What a perfect description for those grandmorfokas u'v got up there.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Evangdanyno2017(m): 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
It unfortunate that only sad story is filling the air of nigerian news. Instead of working to create employment, provide security of life and property, improving economy and standard of living of nigerians. Sen. should be law abiding, working within the confined of the law. Leader should be an achetyped but they are displaying a show of ashame to international communities. Politics is a game of interest, but when interest surpasses the interest of the public you act like a beast to protect your interest. Sen. carry thug to national assemble? The action means, senators make laws and also flapped the laws the made. that is sacastical.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by asawanathegreat(m): 8:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
International and national embarrassment
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Ndolarr: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
When they are threatened, the thieving Senators will cry out that democracy is under assault! But when they collect illegal jumbo allowances, they will say it is Senate internal affair! I don't pity nor respect them. Nigerians can do without the rogue Senators! The place should close down permanently! Shioor!
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by cheddahboy(m): 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
Holymann:

Pls have you earned from this b4?? cos i couldn't find the name on google.

Yeah, have earned , it's a New Nigeria company.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Slimzadywitmony: 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2018
Read Updates about what transpired at the NASS earlier today with Senator Omo-Agege
See how hoodlums invaded and desecrated the hollow chambers

http://.net/7eXFDe

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Leadership of the Senate stole our money, bought properties everywhere, falsified documents & still swore to an oath. This is a hardened corrupt Senate Leadership. Obj would have fought dirty. Buhari was overrated. He messed up from the beginning going on political vacation after election leading to the present National Assembly leadership.

At his age, he has nothing to lose by fighting the last battle of his life. Those APC members clamouring for his second term should allow him to complete his first term. So a Senate President can shield a Senator from being investigated for crimes? He is surely & really overrated.

A person cannot have a different opinion contrary to the Senate Leadership opinion. Even when there is a ruling that a person cannot be suspended above certain number of days at the Legislative Chambers, they still went ahead to suspend him for 6 months. Who represents his constituency during this period? I think, the Senate will still suspend a lot of Senators indefinitely before May 29, 2019. Senator Abdullahi Adamu & Oluremi Tinubu should watch out.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by godofuck231: 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
LadyNaija:
National Assembly has ordered the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, to ensure the return of the Senate's mace within twenty-four hours.

The protesters which on Wednesday, April 18, stormed the Senate chamber and stole the mace. The alleged thugs were supporters of a suspended senator, Ovie Omo-Agege. The thugs left the National Assembly with the mace in a black SUV. The mace is the symbol of authority in the parliament.

A security personnel at the entrance of the National Assembly, said he was told by the protesters they were officers with the senator. “We tired to stop them but they told us they were with him (Omo-Agege),” he said. The Senate spokesman, Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi, in a statement issued after the incident, said that the Senate resumed plenary about 15 minutes after coming out of an executive (closed door) session where the earlier incident of forceful removal of the mace was deliberated upon.

He said: "The Senate has resumed plenary about 15 minutes ago after coming out of an executive (closed door) session where the earlier incident of forceful removal of the mace was deliberated upon. "The session is holding with the mace, the official symbol of authority firmly in place, and deputy Senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, presiding.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-MNMaH6Zbtyg/Wtc3NDpYdlI/AAAAAAAAOkw/BwmVfwGSAqY3fsAr2sGDMAzvPVrSKUq0ACLcBGAs/s640/sen1.jpg[/img]

"The Senate also decided that it will get to the roots of this sad assault on democracy and an obvious act of treason which the seizure of the mace by some armed hoodlums represents. "The Senate has mandated the Inspector General of Police, Idris Kpotum Ibrahim and Director General of the State Security Services (SSS), Mallam Lawan Daura, to retrieve the mace stolen by the hoodlums within 24 hours. "At the moment, some House of Representatives members led by deputy Speaker, Yusuf Lasun, are in the Senate chambers in solidarity visits. The session is presently live on NTA Channel 10.

"We are determined to conclude all matters slated on the Order Paper for today, even if it means us sitting until 6pm."

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/04/breaking-senate-demands-return-of-mace.html

Let me frighten you nairalanders a little, imagine Cameroon and boko haram moving 5000 strong troops or militia into Nigeria tonight, from the north and east, what would be the first response from Nigeria and the Senate?

Your time starts now.......

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by DeWorlex45(m): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
But i still wonder how some unarmed thugs would invade d almighty NASS COMPLEX to cause commotion with d aim of taking away d official symbol of authourity, upon all d securities guarding d area plus d securities of d individual senators, are all of them sleeping & snoring at d same time during d day??.

These guys really got nerves, because i cant imagine how he/they managed to escape out of d complex with d Mace without been captured.

This really showed how poor & disgusting our security officials are in dis country, because if somebody could escape with d MACE out of d NASS COMPLEX, then no one is safe anymore anywhere in dis country.

Well, i think we dont hav to be suprised by this because, not long ago were mere RATS chassed our C-IN-C from his ASO ROCK OFFICE.
So if RATS can invade d country's highly secured no 1 office & chased d president out of his office for some months, then dis NASS COMPLEX Invassion should not be a suprise,.

Infact, many things are absolutely wrong in dis country,. May GOD help us.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by bejeria101(m): 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
NaijaMutant:
National comedy grin

Or

National embarrassment
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by tmcleo2k2(m): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
So sitting till 6pm is now meant to be a heroic and patriotic act?
Mr. Senator, me no get closing time. I leave my house at 6am and if I return by 9pm...I call that a good day!
So keep quiet and enjoy your "cunt-sistuency" allawe...
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Holymann(m): 9:00am On Apr 19, 2018
cheddahboy:

Yeah, have earned , it's a New Nigeria company.
Do they deal on real estate alone??
the website doesn't display on my phone so i'll like to get a little info from you.
hope you don't mind
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Oduwils222(m): 9:42am On Apr 19, 2018
Meanwhile am first to comment
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank God for giving me this opportunity. Next i would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friends for being beside me as always. I would also like to thank my pet fish for for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next i would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that give.
My brother, i am happy 4 u o! Congrats. I hope to achieve this in the near future.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by cheddahboy(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2018
Holymann:

Do they deal on real estate alone??
the website doesn't display on my phone so i'll like to get a little info from you.
hope you don't mind

Real Estate and Grocery shoppings

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Rejects June 12 Democracy Day, Claims It Is A Greek Gift To Pacify Yoruba / Presidency: Controversial Statements Of 2020 / Abdulmalik Dauda Dies In Car Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.