Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) (25673 Views)

Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures: Photos Of Bunkery Boat Destroyed This Morning.. / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures / Black Soot is Back In Port Harcourt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Bigii(m): 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
Pardon my ignorance, what is this structure for?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Amaechi Monolay (monorail).
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
Jadeng:

I think it is the ongoing monorail project in Portharcourt.

See Link below:
http://www.africapropertyinvest.com/port-harcourt-completes-the-second-phase-of-light-rail-construction/

On going? It's been abandoned for years now. Pls research properly.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by adonis89(m): 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
Better late than never!!! Meanwhile Yobe state civil servants are feeling the CHANGE

https://www.ozonereporters.com/yobe-geidam-disburses-300million-furniture-loan-to-civil-servants/
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Amhappy(f): 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
ogunsj:
the solution is in hand of the governor, Mr wike. you people should tell him to stop politicizing the health of the good people of Rivers. the governor should be bold enough to call his brothers who are into illegal refining and bunkery. port Harcourt and it's environs are not the only area where oil are being exploited in Nigeria. tell yourselves some home truth for once.

I don't believe in playing politics with serious matters either and do not think that Wike has done enough,However i think both the federal,state and the UN should get involved. The pollution is massive and threatening the lives of those of us residing here. The Federal and Sate ministry of environment were moving around the first time we experienced this. Now they have all gone to sleep
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by ameh99: 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

Death trap over head.. grin grin grin
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Exciton(m): 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Country full of barbarians. As long as they're making money, anything goes. No regard for environment, beauty, order, health etc.

And I wonder why no one has run a full chemical analysis on the soot. Show direct proof that companies are releasing dangerous substances or above safety limits. Then take the govt and involved companies to court. If it doesn't work, you have my full permission to blow up these fücking companies.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by mauriceju2(m): 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
That is a billions Naira project by Rotimi Amaechi a good man according to APC and northerners, he abandon it and use the money to sponsor Buhari election, st Buhari is in power today because of Rivers state money, its corruption that sponsor st Buhari to power and st Buhari did not see anything wrong in tha, st Amechi has been in position of power in Rivers using PDP for 16yrs of PDP rule, now he's in APC, it's PDP that misrule Rivers for 16yrs and not Amechi, clap your hand for APC the ultimate corruption fighter, to sponsor and effective presidential election campaign in Nigeria will cost you a minimum of 1 billion Naira and st Buhari borrowed 20 million from bank to paid for form because he couldn't afford it , where did he get the billion from for the campaign ?
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by mauriceju2(m): 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:
That is a billions Naira project by Rotimi Amaechi a good man according to APC and northerners, he abandon it and use the money to sponsor Buhari election, st Buhari is in power today because of Rivers state money, its corruption that sponsor st Buhari to power and st Buhari did not see anything wrong in tha, st Amechi has been in position of power in Rivers using PDP for 16yrs of PDP rule, now he's in APC, it's PDP that misrule Rivers for 16yrs and not Amechi, clap your hand for APC the ultimate corruption fighter, to sponsor and effective presidential election campaign in Nigeria will cost you a minimum of 1 billion Naira and st Buhari borrowed 20 million from bank to paid for form because he couldn't afford it , where did he get the billion from for the campaign ?
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
#Say

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
More on the soot......

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Jadeng: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
Magnifik18:

On going? It's been abandoned for years now. Pls research properly.

Bros,

Someone will definitely complete that project.
Let's stay positive... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 19, 2018
#SOOT IS REAL IN PHC

Pic1 = Ac filter clogged by soot

Pic2 = Pictuŕe of a source of soot from the creeks of Abuloma.

Pic3 = Soot spreading all over Abuloma rd, Golf Estate, Peter Odili rd, Trans Amadi rd, and more.......

#LETS STOP SOOT B4 SOOT STOPS US

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

That's the monorail amechi collected so much trillion dollars to construct for rivers State but instead he gave APC the money
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by deomelllo: 3:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
Okwyjesus:

Bro long story.

Come for corner make l do small amebo for you. Na the mono rail wey Amaechi waste billions of Rivers money be that. He abandoned it run go Abuja go dey do big boy. If you see the real waste of money Bro. You will weap for Rivers people.

It's like saying Fashola abandoned the Lagos Metro rail project and ran to Abuja to do big boy.

Ambode is finishing the Metro rail project Fashola left behind, it's called continuity, a concept that's foreign to irresponsible and shortsighted WIKE and lazy and misguided Nigerian youths.

That's why states like Lagos are ahead of all these backward states managed by petty, irresponsible and ignorant governors like WIKE.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by mycare(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2018
Amhappy:

Find the main source of the pollution and minimize it.
Eliminate it if possible
Carryout continuous monitoring and determine the threshold and inform the public regularly
Educate the public on how to protect themselves(But for how long?)

You are right ma but the solutions you proffer are generic.
I think we need to first know the sources and causes of the black soot
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by BruncleZuma: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Porthacourt Christian residents can pray and end the soot because the bible is filled with promises of Jesus saying you'll get whatever you ask for in his name. let's check those verses

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

Put your faith to work Porthacourt Christians

Make AmadiOha break your liver...useless cretin.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
Jadeng:

Bros,

Someone will definitely complete that project.
Let's stay positive... grin grin grin

You a resident of phc?

I was born there. Never have I seen a current gov completing the projects of the past govt.

Ameachi didn't do it for Omeha, wike will not do it for Ameachi.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by elda2303(m): 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

Metro line initiated by saint amaechi...
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by steveDpro: 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
Painful
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by SokizzRaven(m): 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
ask4double:

Yes, abandoned monorail project that gulped about 41billion naira by the then administration of the governor of rivers state, now minister for transportation.

A man that couldn't complete a three kilometer monorail for almost eight years as a governor is now minister for transportation.
See! The problem of Rivers state as always been continuity there are a lot of abandoned eye catching projects lying in every corner of the state simply because there was a change in power.
That monorail would have been so instrumental to the development of the state but the government refused to see how beneficial this could be. This is why Lagos State is way better than any state in this country
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Okwyjesus(m): 5:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
Okwyjesus:

Bro long story.

Come for corner make l do small amebo for you. Na the mono rail wey Amaechi waste billions of Rivers money be that. He abandoned it run go Abuja go dey do big boy. If you see the real waste of money Bro. You will weep for Rivers people.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Okwyjesus(m): 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
deomelllo:

It's like saying Fashola abandoned the Lagos Metro rail project and ran to Abuja to do big boy.

Ambode is finishing the Metro rail project Fashola left behind, it's called continuity, a concept that's foreign to irresponsible and shortsighted WIKE and lazy and misguided Nigerian youths.

That's why states like Lagos are ahead of all these backward states managed by petty, irresponsible and ignorant governors like WIKE.

I disagree with you Bro. I live in PH. Joke apart that project is needless. From Town to Mile One Park on Mono rail don't deserve the billions. When N50 bus is there to do the job on a clean road with no topographic challenge. I learnt Technical report advised him against the project but he refused.

From Campaign time WIKE made it clear that he will continue all meaningful project in the state and that he did exactly. But this Monorail don't deserve more money. Even Amaechi at a time was tired of the project.
That project was his biggest mistake. He need to apologise for it.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2018
Amhappy:
I didnt know about this protest i would have joined. What we need is a solution.

Is it that you don't listen to the radio?
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

That is Amaechi and APC's ATM machine.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

Amechis abandoned Mono rail system.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by deomelllo: 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
Okwyjesus:

I disagree with you Bro. I live in PH. Joke apart that project is needless. From Town to Mile One Park on Mono rail don't deserve the billions. When N50 bus is there to do the job on a clean road with no topographic challenge. I learnt Technical report advised him against the project but he refused.

From Campaign time WIKE made it clear that he will continue all meaningful project in the state and that he did exactly. But this Monorail don't deserve more money. Even Amaechi at a time was tired of the project.
That project was his biggest mistake. He need to apologise for it.

Such projects are not meaningless and this is just a matter of opinion and not factual reality.

Completing the project with with half of what's already spent is better than losing amount already spent. Where is the sense and wisdom in losing hundreds of millions of dollars and a wonderful project just because you are petty, ignorant, irresponsible and trying to save a little bit more money, even if it's going to cost more money, it is still your duty and responsibility to finish it and reap the benefits from what's already spent instead of losing everything end end up with nothing.

Wike is only trying to deny Amaechi credit and legacy for that project at the expense of the people of RIVERS state.

This is the kind of backward rubbish they do in that part of the country.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by seunfape(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
Brief lecture about environmental mgt. Oil producing region need general clean up .pollution will either be water, air or land pollution. The region was facing land and water pollution in the past,it is time for air pollution. Nigeria can't afford to do clean up ,it is money and time wasting but the easiest way to reduce pollution is to introduce environmental impact assessment act in the state that those companies need to follow strictly then the environmental monitoring has to be carried out on monthly basis in other to check if the pollution from each company is minimised. A limit value has to be set up so any company that emmit or release pollutant above the limit will be sanctioned.from Fape Environmental engineer, monitoring pollution in Abu Dhabi ,United Arab Emirates.0508331565.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Akiika: 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Porthacourt Christian residents can pray and end the soot because the bible is filled with promises of Jesus saying you'll get whatever you ask for in his name. let's check those verses

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

Put your faith to work Porthacourt Christians

Good solution....Keep praying for the soot to go away.
O God, this is the mindset of a human you created and gave a thinking faculty for free. Here is how he chooses to use it.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by mitchelljnr(m): 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
blaise00700:

Abandoned monorail project (less than 10km) billions was budgeted for it.
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by mitchelljnr(m): 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
Vicintonsh:
Seriously something has to be done about the soot. Was in PH November last year, woke up every day with black feet, bath tub too always black, put a finger in your nose, black particles comes out with it. It's crazy that the government is yet to respond angry angry . Do they even respond to anything that is not in ghana must-go

Please which part of rivers did you stay?
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by Vicintonsh(m): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
mitchelljnr:

Please which part of rivers did you stay?
Parkland Estate
Re: Protest In Rivers State Over Black Soot Pollution (PHOTOS) by otokx(m): 7:06pm On Apr 19, 2018
Its amazing how this thread has been derailed, stopping the soot is the issue. Few if any churches in Port Harcourt are referring to the soot pollution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos And Video From The Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Katsina / Reps Uncover 45m Barrels Sold At N45m At Lagos Ports Complex In 2022 / I’ll Inherit Huge Debt Profile, Empty Treasury – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.