Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria (44798 Views)

Nigerian Universities With The Highest Amount Of Research(scopus) Output / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2019
jibbish:
Uniben na rubbish... That's all I can say for now
Why do you say so?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 24, 2019
emmanuelike:
unn is fast
Not fast in many department
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2019
fratermathy:

He didn't. Find out about the English Department there. Infact, my friend is the only one to have graduated from his set.

Let me assume that this doesn't happen in every department.
Other departments are experiencing same fate
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2019
Margy:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka...
Thank me later
It has issues too
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2019
Godsknight:
not all depts in uniben. Minimum duration for Msc in business administration(uniben) is four years. Some spent six to seven yrs to do Msc in that dept .
Are you serious? Why the delay ?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Godsknight(m): 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2019
asuustrike1:

Are you serious? Why the delay ?
my brother, this is my fourth year studying Msc in business administration, uniben.. the problem is department. the duration for course work is three semesters (with 7 courses for the first two semesters and 5 courses for the third semester ) .while it is two semesters in other departments ... delay in assigning students to supervisors. in fact, we spent two years before we were assigned to supervisors.. I won't advise my enemy to apply to that useless department

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2019
Godsknight:
my brother, this is my fourth year studying Msc in business administration, uniben.. the problem is department. the duration for course work is three semesters (with 7 courses for the first two semesters and 5 courses for the third semester ) .while it is two semesters in other departments ... delay in assigning students to supervisors. in fact, we spent two years before we were assigned to supervisors.. I won't advise my enemy to apply to that useless department
What of accounting department I learnt that they are slow like snail too. Is it true?
Which private university is fast for pg in Nigeria?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Godsknight(m): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
asuustrike1:

What of accounting department I learnt that they are slow like snail too. Is it true?
Which private university is fast for pg in Nigeria?
you mean in uniben?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2019
Godsknight:
you mean in uniben?
Yes
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Godsknight(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
asuustrike1:

Yes
very slow but not as slow as business administration dept... my brother, you are from which region? south south? I will advise you to look elsewhere if you want to study Msc in business or accounting. uniben is not encouraging, unless if you want to change to Msc finance in uniben... banking and finance dept in uniben is more organized and fast
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 25, 2019
Godsknight:
very slow but not as slow as business administration dept... my brother, you are from which region? south south? I will advise you to look elsewhere if you want to study Msc in business or accounting. uniben is not encouraging, unless if you want to change to Msc finance in uniben... banking and finance dept in uniben is more organized and fast
Hmmm! So private university should be better off. You have idea if Afe babalola is good ?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 25, 2019
Godsknight:
Yes am from south south region.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Godsknight(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
asuustrike1:

Hmmm! So private university should be better off. You have idea if Afe babalola is good ?
private university is better if you can afford it... but Afe babalola is far from your region... if you cannot afford it, you can try unilorin. Unilorin is faster and cheaper compare to other federal universities that I know in South west , but admission for their postgraduate program is highly competitive

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2019
Godsknight:
private university is better if you can afford it... but Afe babalola is far from your region... if you cannot afford it, you can try unilorin. Unilorin is faster and cheaper compare to other federal universities that I know in South west , but admission for their postgraduate program is highly competitive
Thanks I will tell my friend. Uniben dey cast for postgraduate for many department
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 03, 2019
breathcutter:
Delta State University, Abraka.
Good morning. Please how fast is Delsu.
I'm thinking of doing Msc bus admin as the forms are already out now.

I would really like to make an informed decision.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by CEOwatazs: 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
OmichaelO:
UNILAG.

Duration varies with departments thought. mine will be 12 months , while others are 18months and depending on the department.

plix which deptmnt
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by CEOwatazs: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
emmanuelike:
unn is fast
wat x d duration pliz?
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Guest14(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
BUK

1 Like

Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Xlyad(m): 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2019
fratermathy:

Over where? UNN or UNILAG?

UNILAG runs a course-based Masters which is generally faster than thesis or research based Masters, which many Nigerian varsities run.
This statement is false. UNILAG combine both coursework and research ,and by your logic should take longer. The difference in the duration is just about choice and UNILAG superior organization.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by OmichaelO: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
CEOwatazs:

plix which deptmnt
cbg 12months
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 3:51am On Jul 21, 2019
Xlyad:
This statement is false. UNILAG combine both coursework and research ,and by your logic should take longer. The difference in the duration is just about joice and UNILAG superior organization.

There's no masters anywhere without research. However, you can use Google to check the difference between course based or research based masters. Thanks.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Xlyad(m): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2019
fratermathy:

There's no masters anywhere without research. However, you can use Google to check the difference between course based or research based masters. Thanks.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Xlyad(m): 7:19am On Jul 21, 2019
fratermathy:

I beg to differ . There are masters without research .difference between a Masters by Coursework and a Masters by Research?
A Masters by Coursework is a professional qualification involving the study of a specified set of core units and a selection of eligible elective units. Undertaking a coursework program will mean that you will attend classes, complete assignments and sit exams where applicable. Some Masters by Coursework also require the completion of a minor thesis as part of the course. Dependent on the course, part-time and online study options are available.

For more information, please see our Postgraduate Study at ECU web page.

A Masters by Research involves the submission of a completed thesis based on an independent research project. Students studying a Masters by Research work independently with the support of a supervisor and the School. Students may be required to attend units to help expand skills in the area of research.IN UNILAG, outside your coursework, you do rigorous research the big difference is SPEED! They are super fast and well organized
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by faithngozi: 3:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Daree88:
Thank you.

Please can I get your contact, mine is 08133812661
Thank you
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2019
faithngozi:

Please can I get your contact, mine is 08133812661 Thank you
OK. I will call you.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by noblealuu: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
adeoba2008:
Nothing beats Babcock University Post Graduate Programmes.

How's MPH run in Babcock Uni...interested in the Part-time program.

One a second thought, I'm considering UI MPH.

Please any useful information concerning this program would be deeply appreciated. Thanks y' all.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by SkolarSolutions(f): 6:19am On Jul 29, 2019
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by cmtprof(m): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2020
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education Rivers state is the fastest.
Msc within 12months u r done including convocation.
PhD is 2.5 years minimum it is very fast.
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by edoairways: 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
HigherEd:
We are waiting for you at Covenant. smiley and it is cheaper than undergraduate studies.
PRO well done
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by SomiNJ: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2021
ADMISSION: MSC ENERGY ACCESS & RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMME, 2021/2022 SESSION
(LIMITED SCHOLARSHIP SPACE AVAILABLE)

The M.Sc Programme in Energy Access and Renewable Energy Technology is deigned to equip students with the advanced knowledge and skills to develop a successful career in the rapidly growing energy access sector of Nigeria and Sub- Saharan African in general.

The Msc programme includes enabling platforms that will make students to acquire the state-of-the-art technical and soft skills/competencies required to design renewable energy systems, or to focus on financing and managing renewable engineering systems and projects.

Our vision is to be positioned as a world-class programme for producing the next generation of energy professionals with broader wisdom to navigate the complex technical, policy, management and financing challenges facing the off-grid and mini-grid energy access sector.

Entry Requirements
1. Graduates of any field in Engineering with a minimum of 3.0 final CGPA or an acceptable postgraduate diploma (PGD) in engineering with a minimum CGPA 3.5 on a 5-point scale.

2. Must Have Completed NYSC before September, 2021 (applicable to Nigerians only)

Programme Duration (M.Sc):
Full-Time: 18 Calendar Months, Part-Time: 36 Calendar Months

Degree is awarded by the University of Port Harcourt

Programme Course Overview
1. Energy Access and Energy systems
2. Renewable energy fundamentals
3. ICT And Research Methods
4. Entrepreneurship and Management
5. Solar energy conversion
6. Hydro Power Technology
7. Bio-Mass energy conversion technology
8. Energy systems modelling
9. Energy Policy and Regulation
10. Design project and graduate seminar
11. Internship
12. MSc Dissertation
13. Wind energy conversion technology
14. Geothermal energy conversion technology
15. Offshore renewable technology

Detailed Method of Application:
1. Application form is to be filled online (www.otiuniport.edu.ng/earet), with the relevant attachments

2. A non-refundable Application Fee of N20,000 (Twenty Thousand Naira) in certified bankdraft made payable to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt or Payment made online via Debit card

3. Application portal will be shut down on Monday 31st August, 2021

4. Limited Full Scholarship space for is available. see more details at our scholarships page

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED

NB: Please ensure the listed documents are ready before filling the online form

i. Degree certificate

ii. Birth certificate/Statutory declaration

iii. LGA Identification certificate (if applicable)

iv. SSCE certficate or equivalent

v. NYSC certificate (if applicable)

* For technical issues and more details:*
Email: admissions@otiuniport.org or call +2348056320209
Re: Universities With Fast Postgraduate M. Sc Programmes In Nigeria by StudyOverseas: 1:52am On Mar 11, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's 42-yr-old JSS1 Student And Her Son, In Same School [photo] / 4 Habits That Silently Kill You / FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.