Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? (11987 Views)

Check Out Elephone U / Which One You Will Be Prefer? Elephone U Or Elephone U Pro / The Battle ; Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Elephone U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 12:28am On Apr 23, 2018
greenhulk:

That's eBay bro. I was talking about the price u will get it from phone shops. U can also get the gym on eBay for around $300 or less if u are lucky to bump on likited offer deals just like this s9 u posted. For me if I have $450 they g6 will be a good buy for me, I guess we have different tastes.

Be giving LG that year hope. It's this year they're actually doing everything right.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 23, 2018
henry007:

Be giving LG that year hope. It's this year they're actually doing everything right.

I'm not a fan loyalist, I like to test different phones. I've used phones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony.. all flagships as I don't think it is worth it buying budget phones from these oems. Instead of buying a Samsung or Sony budget I'll rather use that money and buy an infinix or tecno mid range. Another thing I'm not a fan of is odering Chinese phones online, don't have the time or patience for that. I like to go to the store to get what I want. To be frank the only thing I miss from my s7 edge using this LG v20 is that super AMOLED display and gear VR. In terms of performance I'm enjoying this phone more than the s7 edge which did experience some lags after upgrading to nougat. Performance wise v20 rocks.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 1:30am On Apr 23, 2018
greenhulk:

I'm not a fan loyalist, I like to test different phones. I've used phones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony.. all flagships as I don't think it is worth it buying budget phones from these oems. Instead of buying a Samsung or Sony budget I'll rather use that money and buy an infinix or tecno mid range. Another thing I'm not a fan of is odering Chinese phones online, don't have the time or patience for that. I like to go to the store to get what I want. To be frank the only thing I miss from my s7 edge using this LG v20 is that super AMOLED display and gear VR. In terms of performance I'm enjoying this phone more than the s7 edge which did experience some lags after upgrading to nougat. Performance wise v20 rocks.

What Samsung calls budget can buy TECNO flagship tho.

The whole super AMOLED is overrated to me. First off, there are levels to displays and it's not just about AMOLED or No AMOLED. In all. Of Samsung's AMOLED glory, they still don't make the best displays.

In real life usage, I don't think my choice of phone can ever be swayed by AMOLED vs IPS LCD.
Just give me atleast FHD+ with great viewing angles and I'd call it even. I don't use VR, I don't see it being part of my daily routing or disruptive tech as they say. Although I use an AMOLED screen as my daily driver and switch between that and IPS displays. Only thing I'm seeing is warmer tones with is more an iPhone true
color thing than it is an AMOLED thing.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 23, 2018
OVA200:
God bless you for this point, am a big fan of LG but I don't what they are not getting right because they are fast fading in smartphone world.

It's because they lack good marketing team and they face Samsung for the flagship phone race which is a battle that is difficult for any company to win right now. The only phone maker that can stand against Samsung right now is huawei, with the way they are going I see them displacing Samsung in a few years.

It's not just LG, where are Sony, HTC and co. These companies use to be relevant in the flagship phone race but now they aren't. In fact Sony and HTC have been operating on a loss for a few years now. LG realized this and this is why they tend to put older chips on their flagship phones to save cost. If Samsung sell their phones for $800 LG will sell theirs for $650 or $700 unlike Sony and HTC that still try to sell their phones same price as Samsung.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2018
henry007:

What Samsung calls budget can buy TECNO flagship tho.

The whole super AMOLED is overrated to me. First off, there are levels to displays and it's not just about AMOLED or No AMOLED. In all. Of Samsung's AMOLED glory, they still don't make the best displays.

In real life usage, I don't think my choice of phone can ever be swayed by AMOLED vs IPS LCD.
Just give me atleast FHD+ with great viewing angles and I'd call it even. I don't use VR, I don't see it being part of my daily routing or disruptive tech as they say. Although I use an AMOLED screen as my daily driver and switch between that and IPS displays. Only thing I'm seeing is warmer tones with is more an iPhone true
color thing than it is an AMOLED thing.

Bro Samsung phones have the best display. Samsung are the biggest producers of AMOLED panels and they keep the best for themselves. There might not be much difference between some amoleds and ips but trust me bro on a Samsung flagship there's difference. In direct sunlight AMOLED panels (especially Samsung) are very visible, they have very high brightness that even at 70% brightness they will be visible in direct sunlight whearas on ips or some AMOLED on other phones u will still struggle to see under sunlight at 100% brightness. And AMOLED panales have lower lows, like indoors when u turn down the brightness to 0% u will almost not see anything on the display whereas on ips at 0% display is still visible.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2018
greenhulk:

Bro Samsung phones have the best display. Samsung are the biggest producers of AMOLED panels and they keep the best for themselves. There might not be much difference between some amoleds and ips but trust me bro on a Samsung flagship there's difference. In direct sunlight AMOLED panels (especially Samsung) are very visible, they have very high brightness that even at 70% brightness they will be visible in direct sunlight whearas on ips or some AMOLED on other phones u will still struggle to see under sunlight at 100% brightness. And AMOLED panales have lower lows, like indoors when u turn down the brightness to 0% u will almost not see anything on the display whereas on ips at 0% display is still visible.

Going by everything you're saying, i take it you've been following tech blogs and what not. So answer me this.
1. Is Samsung display the brightest under direct sunlight?
2. Does Samsung display have the lowest color deviation?
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by blaizy: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2018
i dont really blame sony..ojukokoro dey do dem..they are already amking consoles and other gadgets..they still want to top smartphone business..greedy people...thats why they will run on loss..but for lg and htc yh they are not really there now...even huawei ran on losses for a very long time..i follow huawei very well...befre they toppes china they had to rennovate..like the company was already dying..

Lg still has hope...htc am not so sure....i mean has samsung ever ran on loss...this guys have been holding it down since 2010...i know apple has ran on loss befre....

Nawa o...i just hope huawei wont faulter...they are so close now..cant afford to fail...
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2018
henry007:

Going by everything you're saying, i take it you've been following tech blogs and what not. So answer me this.
1. Is Samsung display the brightest under direct sunlight?
2. Does Samsung display have the lowest color deviation?

With my experience with galaxy see, s6 and s7 edge as daily driver, and my friend has an s9 that I have handled many times, Samsung have the best display out there. This is based on my comparison with other brands I've used like HTC one minute, LG g3, Sony Xperia z2, LG v20, infinix hot s, infinix hot 4 pro. Bro no comparison with Samsung displays. And also watching a lot of reviews on YouTube, Samsung save the best AMOLED display for their phones.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2018
blaizy:
i dont really blame sony..ojukokoro dey do dem..they are already amking consoles and other gadgets..they still want to top smartphone business..greedy people...thats why they will run on loss..but for lg and htc yh they are not really there now...even huawei ran on losses for a very long time..i follow huawei very well...befre they toppes china they had to rennovate..like the company was already dying..

Lg still has hope...htc am not so sure....i mean has samsung ever ran on loss...this guys have been holding it down since 2010...i know apple has ran on loss befre....

Nawa o...i just hope huawei wont faulter...they are so close now..cant afford to fail...

The rate Huawei are moving now, if Samsung don't stay strong they might overtake them. Have u seen the hauwei mate RS Porsche edition? That's some mad phone with in screen fingerprint sensor, 512gb of internal storage.

Sony and HTC are not innovating enough and they still want to sell their phones expensive, of course they will run on loss. As for LG, they are trying to cut cost by using a year old processor on their flagship phones so they can sell for cheaper price than other flagships. So far I think it's working for then, but they need to do more. We are all waiting for what they will bring with the g7
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2018
greenhulk:

With my experience with galaxy see, s6 and s7 edge as daily driver, and my friend has an s9 that I have handled many times, Samsung have the best display out there. This is based on my comparison with other brands I've used like HTC one minute, LG g3, Sony Xperia z2, LG v20, infinix hot s, infinix hot 4 pro. Bro no comparison with Samsung displays. And also watching a lot of reviews on YouTube, Samsung save the best AMOLED display for their phones.

I thought you were going to give me yes or no answer lol I should have known better.

For whatever reason GSMarena measured Sunlight legibility and color deviation and still placed Samsung on top is their own bias tbh. Be that as it may, i still won't weigh all of these things highly when buying a phone coz 1. I'm hardly ever out in the sun and 2. Most of them have adjustable colors.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by blaizy: 10:12am On Apr 23, 2018
greenhulk:

The rate Huawei are moving now, if Samsung don't stay strong they might overtake them. Have u seen the hauwei mate RS Porsche edition? That's some mad phone with in screen fingerprint sensor, 512gb of internal storage.

Sony and HTC are not innovating enough and they still want to sell their phones expensive, of course they will run on loss. As for LG, they are trying to cut cost by using a year old processor on their flagship phones so they can sell for cheaper price than other flagships. So far I think it's working for then, but they need to do more. We are all waiting for what they will bring with the g7

yh..the g7thinkQ is launching nextweek..its coming with ai(google assistant)...like da bixby stuff on samsung...its comimg with the latest snapdragon 845 dem no wan cut cost again...fans blast dem last year like mad...g7 will have 4gb ram...some of the specs are out online...most of it sef...its good...the g7 will try and rival the s9 plus...in what aspect..it remains to be seen...

That mate rs is effed up...huawei are crazy 512gb..wtf?..is there even mem card of 512gb...chai?...thats some laptop hd space...small laptop sha...the way things are going there wont be phone with mem card slot again....
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by johnnyholtby(m): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2018
greenhulk:

It's because they lack good marketing team and they face Samsung for the flagship phone race which is a battle that is difficult for any company to win right now. The only phone maker that can stand against Samsung right now is huawei, with the way they are going I see them displacing Samsung in a few years.

It's not just LG, where are Sony, HTC and co. These companies use to be relevant in the flagship phone race but now they aren't. In fact Sony and HTC have been operating on a loss for a few years now. LG realized this and this is why they tend to put older chips on their flagship phones to save cost. If Samsung sell their phones for $800 LG will sell theirs for $650 or $700 unlike Sony and HTC that still try to sell their phones same price as Samsung.
I want to clear some things here...LG didn't cut cost with LG G6...they used the SD821 for their G6 because Sammy hoarded the then latest SD835...so they had no other option to go for the last gen chipset...they couldn't wait that's why they used the last gen chipset...Sammy is a big player in chipsets production...they even have their in-house chipset (EXYNOS) which is highly efficient and a beast of an SOC...they even partnered with Qualcomm that's why they have bragging rights to their chipset..that's why Sammy flagships always come in two variant SD version for China and Americans while the EXYNOS variant for the rest of the world....LG solely rely on Qualcomm for their chipsets..that's why after Sammy launched the s8s...LG now had the chance to source for the latest chipset (SD835) from Qualcomm.....take Huawei and Apple for a case study..they both have their in-house chipsets...Hisilicon Kirin and A series respectively...I think Xiaomi has theirs too but it's not well known yet.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by 2kurupt(m): 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
OVA200:
Am not defending elephone here am just making u pro known to some people here, I am concern with u pro not elephone and about u pro so far their have not be negative reviews so I guess am defending this phone rightly.

Can you separate the U Pro from the Elephone brand?

In the past, Elephone is noted for making very aesthetic looking phones with good spec sheet, but are infamous for poor build quality. Am sure that's why its not enjoying good patronage.

Where's the wisdom in carrying a flashy phone with heaven & earth specs but with suspicious quality?

Nobody wants to gamble & spend $400 on a phone whose quality they're not certain of.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by fibonacci2526: 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
2kurupt:

Can you separate the U Pro from the Elephone brand?

In the past, Elephone is noted of making very aesthetic looking phones with good spec sheet, but are infamous for poor build quality. Am sure that's why its not enjoying good patronage.

Where's the wisdom in carrying a flashy phone with heaven & earth specs but with suspicious quality?

Nobody wants to gamble & spend $400 on a phone whose quality they're not certain of.

This is all have been saying. Y spend $400 on a phone am not even sure would last me up to 6 months?
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by JandyJ(m): 2:56am On Jul 22, 2018
Who has bought the Elephone U pro

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by LordAzubuike(f): 6:48am On Mar 10, 2020
OVA200:
You are free to say anything you want because am a former LG, Samsung, Sony user and have also use Chinese phone like oukitel, leagoo, umidigi and also cheap Nigeria phones like tecno, infinix, gowin, Gionee etc so i have enough experience in phone market.
But anything that tick your box.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Retrieve My Nokia Certificates Back To My Phone? / Secret Code For Unlimited Internet: *#*#4636#*#* Not Working / Samsung Still Tops Despite Decline In Smartphone Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.