Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge (15495 Views)

A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice / Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by optimistic1234: 12:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
Lolz..u got it

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2018
Similar to the one I prepared 2 days ago, only difference is that I added lots of vegetables, I love vegetables a lot. Weldone op, better Cook.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Dynamite02: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
This is what I ate this morning.. I didn't use tomato.. Just onion, pepper, crayfish, smoked titus fish and ugwu leaf.. It came out nice

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
samzzycash:
Well you should drop tutorial for yam porridge. Because that's what I have available this morning.
Well here is a recipe for yam porridge in this video
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 4:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
Dynamite02:
This is what I ate this morning.. I didn't use tomato.. Just onion, pepper, crayfish, smoked titus fish and ugwu leaf.. It came out nice
Wow how nice!

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
destinyy23:
Similar to the one I prepared 2 days ago, only difference is that I added lots of vegetables, I love vegetables a lot. Weldone op, better Cook.
Thank you so much dearie. I love vegetables too, but I couldn't get enough for particular meal.
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
akeentech:
vinegurl will you marry me? forget sex I prefer a good cook to a good sex.
Hahaah. Yes I will marry you ooo, but I will finish your money on food, do you agree? grin grin
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
oyetunder:
hard working Nigerians...
Na so, later Mr Buhari will come say rubbish about us.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
Flexherbal:
I am feeling very hungry, now.
Sorry dear, come and have some cheesy
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sparkle777:
I ll try this recipe now,tnx.
Please try it, it's really delicious

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by akeentech(m): 7:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
vinegurl:

Hahaah. Yes I will marry you ooo, but I will finish your money on food, do you agree? grin grin

No problem see my signature
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Carter4luv(m): 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
Hmm yummy I love food so much. Thanks just got new recipe on how to cook potato porridge.
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2018
folake4u:
Yummy food!
Thanks
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
Carter4luv:
Hmm yummy I love food so much. Thanks just got new recipe on how to cook potato porridge.
Yea you have,

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by aariwa(m): 6:09am On Apr 22, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAd1YVU_RA

Sweet potatoes are always a versatile, healthy option for breakfast; they're loaded with fiber and nutrients, including beta-carotene, vitamins A and C, and antioxidants. Aside that, they can be grilled, baked, mashed and grilled. Another great way to enjoy sweet potatoes is to cook them into savory porridge.
This delicious sweet potato recipe is perfect for cold weather; it’s a comfort food you can enjoy as breakfast or lunch, you only need just few ingredients to make it tasty. See how to prepare sweet potato porridge and also see the video above for better explanation.

Ingredients You Will Need

1. 5 medium sweet potatoes
2. 1 medium fish (mackerel or Salmon)
3. 5 medium tomatoes
4. 3 red bell peppers
5. 2 scotch bonnet peppers
6. 2 tablespoon ground crayfish
7. 2 stock cubes
8. 1 medium ginger
9. 1 cup chopped spring onion, ugu or spinach
10. 1 medium onion
11. 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
12. 1-teaspoon thyme
13. ¼ cup of peanut oil

Steps on How to Prepare Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge

1. Peel sweet potatoes and dice into medium sizes, rinse with clean water into a pot.
2. Add water to slightly cover the potatoes and place on heat to cook for 15 minutes.
3. While potatoes is cooking, blend tomatoes with peppers, chop onion, spring onion and set aside.
4. Season and cook fish to extract some rich stock, take out the middle bones and shred the fish with a fork and set aside.
5. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, drain from the liquid and set aside, add peanut oil to a wide pot and place on heat.
6. Add chopped onions and ginger to the oil and fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
7. Add the blended tomatoes to the oil and cook for 10 minutes for the liquid to reduce.
8. Season the tomato sauce with turmeric powder, stock cubes, salt, thyme and pepper if you need more. Cook until the sauce starts to
thicken.
9. Bring the boiled potatoes to the sauce and stir properly, add the shredded fish and the spring onion/spinach and stir well to incorporate.
Leave the porridge to cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Take it off heat and serve it warm or as you desire.
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 6:30am On Apr 22, 2018
Paradigm777:
Hmmm... OP, u be 1000 yard wife material... Thanks for sharing.
Thanks
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 6:31am On Apr 22, 2018
Yewandequeen:
Where is ur house let me come join u, at least they say there is love in sharing.
Lol, I can send you the address
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Sniper4real(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
porriage potato make sense. But e too sweet. Shey e no fit cause diabetes sha
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
1Sharon:
I HATE sweet potatoes
Why now? It's not a bad food through, there is how you prepare it that will make you like it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Organic Coconut Oil / Which Brand Of Blender Is Good For Blending Beans / 7 Reasons Why You Should Start Eating Acha (aka Fonio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.