Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! (2832 Views)

Nigerian Women. No Humour. / Who Else Noticed Women No Longer Brokeshame Men These Days / Men, Learn How To Cook, Make Women No Do Shakara 4 U Ooo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by 2buffagain(m): 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
I'm always apprehensive when I'm talking to a girl and she says that she wants a "Big Family".

Children are getting expensive! Honestly if you must have children, max should be 2! (if it enters 3, somebody needs to get neutered!)
But I find I'm meeting some naija girls out here who want 4, 5, 6 children....usually because "that's how many her mother had".

This is also an indicator to me that this individual sees her partner as nothing but an ATM who should do nothing else with his life than constantly provide for her offspring. Ain't nobody got time for that. More often than not, the woman who wants pop out these many children usually has no other vision for her life but to be a babymaker. They are usually empty and feel having so many children will make her feel useful as she ages. Sister, go and find a purpose for your life!

I have older guy friends who married their wives agreeing they won't have more than 2 children. Only for one of them's wife to get bored (she quit her job prior to boredom because of "office stress" grin), change and start stressing the man's life until he had to give her 5 children for peace to reign despite earlier agreement. Ofcourse, this woman never worked after! All her talk of wanting to do this or that was all beans. They say those things to trap a man but after marriage most just want to sit home and have some man be her financial slave.
Now they are having financial problems and the man is not finding it easy at all having to feed 7 mouths!

It has become a burden even on extended family members because he has to keep going to them for support and everybody is thinking "why have so many children only to now push them into someone else's care?" As if the other person doesn't have plans for their own life. That's selfish! My brothers, the blunt message you send to people who you inconvenience with your huge family is "I will persist my own generation in greater numbers, even if I have to use the resources of your own children to do it. Forget your plans, forget your kids, take care of mine!"

He has no respect for his wife now. She takes whatever shit he gives her because she has nothing going on for her to derive any kind of self-respect from. Unable to provie even the slightest thing for her children because everything is "Wait, your father will soon come home". She was never a partner...only a womb attached to a liability....a body part.

Men of this generation are not interested in liabilities. Don't waste your parents money that they used to send you to school.
Stop making your lives just about children. Those children will grow up and leave one day to marry their own and then what will you do?
Do you have anything else going on with you besides being the shadow of your children?

My sisters...this is the 21st century. You were born IN THIS ERA for a lot more than just being a baby making machine.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
2 or 3, twins would be more than joy

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Treasure17(m): 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
For me two is okay. A boy and a girl.
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by folake4u(f): 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
Times are hard these days.

None or maybe just a child is OK for me. Never been a fan of big family.

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by pawshjai(f): 12:32am On Apr 22, 2018
folake4u:

did u say none??
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by myself13: 5:31am On Apr 22, 2018
Hunger teaching Nigerians the hard way since time immemorial.

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Olalan(m): 5:42am On Apr 22, 2018
Are people still bearing many children with the realities of today's economy?
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Pat081: 6:03am On Apr 22, 2018
Olalan:
Are people still bearing many children with the realities of today's economy?
yes dos people who our money re with dem n lgbo people gv birth to many children as dey want to so dis many nt work for dem
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by highpriestess: 6:16am On Apr 22, 2018
I'm giving birth as many as I can. I love babies.

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by partnerbiz4: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2018
The way things are going in this country just tire me I swear...
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Safiaa(f): 8:11am On Apr 22, 2018
I only want one son. Tbh
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 22, 2018
Same with me lol
Safiaa:
I only want one son. Tbh

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2018
This is a wise thread, it's unproductive having a large family that you can't afford the best things in life for

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 22, 2018
apart from the economy, I wouldn't want to start something I wouldn't be able to finish, raising kids is time consuming and requires stability and most parents these days don't have it to spare, personally I'd like to have just one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2018
Are you baby factory
highpriestess:
I'm giving birth as many as I can.
I love babies.

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by lilcutie8916(m): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2018
Which ever way they come. 2 girls, 2 boys, 1 girl 1 boy. I am only having 2 kids. Any in-law or family member who doesn't like it can go hug a transformer

2 Likes

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by ojoj(m): 10:36am On Apr 22, 2018
I hope the women will hear. I don't know why they want a large family. I have three but there is pressure from wivey to have one more! I asked her for what? She just said she wanted one more! I tire o. It is stressful raising up kids especially on women!
Honestly I always say it I don't blame the whites that don't like large families. They know the effect.
I beg ladies, consider your health and above all, the overall stress.

2 Likes

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Cannicus: 10:43am On Apr 22, 2018
folake4u:

I'm looking for a woman who doesn't want children too.
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by folake4u(f): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
Cannicus:

I'm looking for a woman who doesn't want children too.

Oh that's cool
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by folake4u(f): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
pawshjai:
did u say none??

Sure
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by ashjay001(m): 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
Op, u too make sense! The one, wey I like pass, na all that beans talk!

U begin to wonder, where all that brimming ambition went off too Some will even start blaming u, after scattering all ur best laid plans! Bitchesangry

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by 2buffagain(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
ojoj:
I hope the women will hear. I don't know why they want a large family. I have three but there is pressure from wivey to have one more! I asked her for what? She just said she wanted one more! I tire o. It is stressful raising up kids especially on women!
Honestly I always say it I don't blame the whites that don't like large families. They know the effect.
I beg ladies, consider your health and above all, the overall stress.

Bros I feel for you!
This is exactly how t started with my older friend.
You need to assert yourself in this matter O.
I don't know how your marriage is setup but women who have that kind of time to be wanting 4+ babies usually are not thinking about the economics, which means that she likely doesn't work (Apologies if I assumed wrong about your mrs).

She may later flip the story for you if things get tight and start using bible to insult you i.e "Whoever does not provide for family is worse than slowpoke blah blah blah". This is how a woman with a mindset like that reasons.

Don't let her make you bite more than you can chew please.
I know how stressful they can make it at home when these type of women don't have their way with that baby matter.

It is usually not even fair to everyone around you. There are people today who have retired but still have one or 2 late born children in school!
That "Go and meet your 10 years older brother (who is working and tryng to plan his own life) for school fees" bullshit is dumb. Why have children only to one day have to force them on someone else like that?

Stand your ground my brother.

5 Likes

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
3 kids are enough jare. BTW,its mostly the non career ladies and ordinary housewives that are clamouring for many kids because they don't see what their men experience to make ends meet. The working class ladies are usually OK with 2 or 3. Giving them good Education and life is dope.
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Diamond23(f): 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
[/color] As for me 5 is ideal.....2girls nd 3boys tongue[color=#770077]

3 Likes

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by 2buffagain(m): 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
Diamond23:
[/color] As for me 5 is ideal.....2girls nd 3boys tongue[color=#770077]

I take it your only aspiration/goal in life is to be a housewife and marry an ATM...unless you have other plans?
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Diamond23(f): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
2buffagain:

I take it your only aspiration/goal in life is to be a housewife and marry an ATM...
[/color] U r entitled to ur opinion/s. I know my reasons, wot I want and how I want it to be. Judging a person without been in d person’s shoe or knowing his/her reasons z very bad [color=#770077]
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by 2buffagain(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
Diamond23:
[s]U r entitled to ur opinion/s. I know my reasons, wot I want and how I want it to be. Judging a person without been in d person’s shoe or knowing his/her reasons z very bad [/s]

Madam, all that talk is beans.
I'm asking you if you have a plan on how to long-term finance/provide for these 5 new human beings you want beyond just saddling them on someone else's back because he chose to marry you.
It's not just to "have babies". The more you start thinking about that dimension of things, the better for everyone involved.

Have a sustainable plan!

1 Like

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Shugarlord213: 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
2buffagain:

Madam, all that talk is beans.
I'm asking you if you have a plan on how to long-term finance/provide for these 5 humans you want beyond just saddling them on someone else's back because he chose to marry you.
It's not just to "have babies". The more you start thinking about that dimension of things, the better for everyone involved.

You are wasting time quoting the Buffon

Nigerian women really has nothing to offer atall

They are writeoffs

2 Likes

Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Diamond23(f): 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
2buffagain:

[s][/s]Madam, all that talk is beans.
I'm asking you if you have a plan on how to long-term finance/provide for these 5 humans you want beyond just saddling them on someone else's back because he chose to marry you.[s][/s]
[/color]Nd who told u I can’t provide for them, before talking a decision u must know d consequences nd outcome. Dnt just conclude every lady u c has no ambition or z a leech just because all ur life u only v encounter such. We still v ladies who work their ass out every day, they depend on no man nd foot their bills [color=#770077]
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by 2buffagain(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
Diamond23:
[/color]Nd who told u I can’t provide for them, before talking a decision u must know d consequences nd outcome. Dnt just conclude every lady u c has no ambition or z a leech just because all ur life u only v encounter such. We still v ladies who work their ass out every day, they depend on no man nd foot their bills [color=#770077]

As long as you are fully conscious about these matters , as you say you are, then all the power to you.
Help advise other women to think ahead too because not too many do!
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Diamond23(f): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
Shugarlord213:

You are wasting time quoting the [/b]Buffon[b]

Nigerian women really has nothing to offer atall

They are writeoffs
[/color] Will take it that, that word @ bolded is meant for u Nd ur siblings and the women as a write off includes ur sister/s. .....EWU!!![color=#770077]
Re: Women: No You Don't Need That Many Children! by Diamond23(f): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
2buffagain:

As long as you are fully conscious about these matters , as you say you are, then all the power to you.
Help advise other women to think ahead too because not too many do!
[/color]Guessed we now understood each other ....good..[color=#770077]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Dies After Having Sex With A Young Girlfriend In Awka Hotel (SEE WHY) / N.N.Ù: What Is This Thing? [PICTURE] / 45 SECONDS' SEX — Permanently Cure Your PE With This... [PICTURE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.