Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo (87399 Views)

Ghana’s Supreme Court Orders Bishop George Adjeman To Vacate And Relinquish Bish / Ghanaian Court Returns Ownership Of Winners Chapel Ghana To Bishop Oyedepo / 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
sorextee:
I was in covenant uni dat time wen that drama unfolded. Not only did oyedepo send dat uyo pastor, he also sent bishop Ojeme, who dey said is a very close frnd to adjeman. I hear say adjeman still pull Gun on top dem. The Ghanaian factions were carrying a placard around, addressing Oyedepo that GHANA IS NOT YOUR KUWAIT. Those Ghanaian pastors that came to Nigeria, I remembered seeing Oyedepo Anointing them in the Sunday service at caananland for their loyalty.
What the op stated above is true.

Yeah. What you said is not far from the truth.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2018
5thElement:

I see you consider yourself quite the biblical scholar. Lol.

I'm also sure you're gearing to become a pastor too maybe after some 3 months course somewhere.

It's OK. Don't lemme rain on your parade.

Maybe you can do me a favour though. Could you reach into the 4 Gospels and pull out passages that say that you should be rich or prosperous or materially wealthy to make heaven.

Go on...

You are yet to answer the question I asked you... You stated that I jumped from fire to frying pan and that we are called to be Holy and not rich.... I asked you to explain where you got that from.

I never stated that wealth was a requirement for making heaven...I ly you and the spirit at work in you knows where you got that idea from.

God forbid I should ever be a Bible scholar.... That titles is reserved for men in your church.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
prince3009:

So let's say there was a time when Soyinka was a lecturer here in Nigeria before he became a professor and he happened to visit the University at Cambridge either for educational tourism purposes or a seminar and someone wants to refer to the that time and says "I was opportune to chat with Professor Wole Soyinka in London at the University of Wales when he was a lecturer", it automatically means he was lecturing in University of Wales abi?

Weh done sir!

Sorry, I saw your last reply before the earlier one I relied on to make my contribution .... Your initial post explained itself... It was another one that was brief that had the misinformation

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
oruma19:
so fucking of women by winners pastors don tey like dis? Most of them I know are womanisers. The ones we have Here in warri, a reasonable percentage of them Bleep babes anyhow including the married girls. Some have left to open their own churches around warri and environs. But how come they still preach and lure people into their scam despite so much adultery and fornication? This one still baffles me

Pastors who sleep with women is not a new thing though. Some do and some don't!

Ma only God sabi his true and righteous shepherds and will ne the one to judge them when the time comes.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

You are yet to answer the question I asked you... You stated that I jumped from fire to frying pan and that we are called to be Holy and not rich.... I asked you to explain where you got that from.

I never stated that wealth was a requirement for making heaven...I ly you and the spirit at work in you knows where you got that idea from.

God forbid I should ever be a Bible scholar.... That titles is reserved for men in your church.

And Jesus said, "Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect..."

Do I need to write quotations too? I'm sure you can find your way around the Bible.

Now, answer my own question. You attach so much importance to wealth and riches, can you tell us exactly what Christ's teaching about riches was?
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Dotng: 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
5thElement:

Lol. It's Martin Luther and not Martin Luther King. Get your history right.

Martin Luther, the ex priest who founded Protestantism eventually committed suicide and died a horrible death.

Were there abuses in the Church then when he nailed his thesis? Absolutely. But has the Catholic Church ever erred in matters of faith and morals? Never. Not once in her 2,000 years existence.
Can you give historical reference to the bolded?

This is account given by Wikipedia:

Luther had been suffering from ill health for years, including Ménière's disease, vertigo, fainting, tinnitus, and a cataract in one eye.[240] From 1531 to 1546 his health deteriorated further. The years of struggle with Rome, the antagonisms with and among his fellow reformers, and the scandal that ensued from the bigamy of Philip I, Landgrave of Hesse incident, in which Luther had played a leading role, all may have contributed. In 1536, he began to suffer from kidney and bladder stones, arthritis, and an ear infection ruptured an ear drum. In December 1544, he began to feel the effects of angina.[241]

An apoplectic stroke deprived him of his speech, and he died shortly afterwards at 2:45 a.m. on 18 February 1546, aged 62, in Eisleben, the city of his birth.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
5thElement:

And Jesus said, "Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect..."

Do I need to write quotations too? I'm sure you can find your way around the Bible.

Now, answer my own question. You attach so much importance to wealth and riches, can you tell us exactly what Christ's teaching about riches was?

The perfect God lives in heaven with Gold paved streets and many mansions...not face me I face you.

*** if I told you wealth was a requirement for making heaven I would have backed it with the scripture but since it is you arguing against yourself, have a nice.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Fourwinds: 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2018
prince3009:
Very true!

I was fully aware of these events. Bishop Oyedepo sent some pastors back then including Pastor Abraham Aiyelabowo who was the resident pastor of Winners Chapel Uyo to take over from Bishop Adjeman. This was met with stiff resistance by Adjeman to the extent that there were fists cuffs and I even heard a gun was drawn (possibly by the Adjeman Faction).

Pastor Abraham Aiyelabowo was eventually made the resident Pastor of the new rebuilt Winners Chapel Ghana but the man still decamped and founded his own Triumphant Global Ministries Ghana which is booming today because the guy is full of humor and a crowd puller too. I remember his days as pastor in Winners Chapel Uyo only that the guy is a sexual predator who was shagging many women in the church back then both married and unmarried. The guy even bin wan shag my girlfriend Itoro who was always going to the house to help his wife with house chores. I was vexed about it and approached him only for him to attempt to sin-shame me in the congregation. angry

It is so painful that Bishop George Adjeman who I have known as a charismatic vibrant man on the pulpit would do something like that. The fact that Bishop Oyedepo gave him those terms shows that he (Oyedepo) has a large heart.

Anyways, after every...it's business as usual.
and the useless women and girls will tell us they were under pressure to do it.... like those who were trying to defend Chidimamanda
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
5thElement:

Lol. It's Martin Luther and not Martin Luther King. Get your history right.

Martin Luther, the ex priest who founded Protestantism eventually committed suicide and died a horrible death.

Were there abuses in the Church then when he nailed his thesis? Absolutely. But has the Catholic Church ever erred in matters of faith and morals? Never. Not once in her 2,000 years existence.

What do you call the sale of indulgence by the church.... Telling the people that there is a place called purgatory warehousing their dead relative whose passage into heaven can be facilitated by payment of certain amount which made some families to sell of their heritage to pay for some of the dead relations.

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by sorextee(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
He is, but he didn't train some of his children well. His son, David was my course mate and floor mate. He did all manner of things. Was later expelled cos he was among some students who went to one club like that and a student was killed. On the day of the expulsion, it was his dad calling out names of the students about to be expelled. I could imagine the pain in his heart, when he called his son's name. cry

His second son can't remember his name. Anoda bad boy, from faith Academy. I really hated dat guy. Dat one na long story.
But still on still, Bishop Ojeme is a great preacher.

Nodogragra4me:

Ojeme. Knew him when i was in Warri. Great preacher

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
Dotng:

Can you give historical reference to the bolded?

This is account given by Wikipedia:

Luther had been suffering from ill health for years, including Ménière's disease, vertigo, fainting, tinnitus, and a cataract in one eye.[240] From 1531 to 1546 his health deteriorated further. The years of struggle with Rome, the antagonisms with and among his fellow reformers, and the scandal that ensued from the bigamy of Philip I, Landgrave of Hesse incident, in which Luther had played a leading role, all may have contributed. In 1536, he began to suffer from kidney and bladder stones, arthritis, and an ear infection ruptured an ear drum. In December 1544, he began to feel the effects of angina.[241]

An apoplectic stroke deprived him of his speech, and he died shortly afterwards at 2:45 a.m. on 18 February 1546, aged 62, in Eisleben, the city of his birth.

Are you aware that you can go on wikipedia and edit that by yourself. Anybody can write anything on wikipedia bro.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

You and who they enter convenant?

Are you or your pastors strong enough to keep a convenant with God? Mankind are meant to benefit from the convenant Jesus cut with his Father on the cross and not to enter another convenant. Thereby making void the one JESUS made on our behalf.

Covenant........
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by brojoshua: 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
All of them are children of the same old serpent
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
mayorall:

Covenant........
Ok thanks for the correction in spelling. But I hope is not only what you saw.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by fajob: 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
lets talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

www.jolagict.com.

1. Web Design
2. Web Programing/Development
3. Digital Marketing

we are expert in
*Html,CSS,Bootstrap,Javascript,JQuery,PHP,Mysql
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by prince049(m): 6:28am On Apr 23, 2018
greencard:
what should we call this one now??
It's a hostile takeover
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 7:01am On Apr 23, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Ok thanks for the correction in spelling. But I hope is not only what you saw.

No , I didn't . As a Christian, you are to minister life,

Christ hasn't come to preach the gospel of condemnation

The first thing you did was to condemn myself and Bishop Oyedepo in your message.

Won't be able to comment on your points as I don't really enjoy online arguments.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by ogbiwa: 9:08am On Apr 23, 2018
HigherEd:
Putting this story out there is in no attempt to embarrass anyone or any church. As i always walk a very careful lane when reporting issues regarding the church. I have barely laid the facts as I remembered them.

The bible tells the story of how Lucifer rebelled in God's own perfect territory and was cast out with his entire team. So if rebellion and secession can happen in Heaven then it surely can happen in church.
If Paul and Barnabas(both anointed) could part ways over differences then it can happen between Oyedepo and Adjeman while we agree both of them are still anointed.
Therefore let no atheists nor unbeliever jump on this as reason to villify or misrepresent the church.

The church is Christ bride but it is not perfect, but it is still Christ bride nonetheless. Issue like this are common in Christianity, even from the early days. It then takes wisdom and maturity to handle these challenges as they come. This is not peculiar to Nigerian churches either. Unfortunately, we Christians might continue hearing stories like this till Jesus comes back. So let it not shake your faith in the mandate of the church. It is just one of those things.

I do not agree with Adjeman but I kind of understand him. I know in his heart he regards the church leadership and even respects Oyedepo. But somewhere there he feels he is being cheated and that would be where he might have erred. The prosperity character of a church like winners chapel flows from the top and trickles down. Whether the branch is in somalia or ogbomoso it would prosper. Same way the multiplication anointing in RCCG flows from top to bottom. I'm sure the Ghanian church was even astounded that they could contribute a whole $60,000 a month(back in 2004). Adjeman should have just learnt the principle and left. Men like Enenche, Adeyemi, Poju and Ibeyiomie learnt under Oyedepo and today have equally financially strong ministries irrespective of poor economy.

When the succession plan was allegedly closed to Abioye via church constitution people told him to leave and create his own church. Considering Abioye could cart away thousands of Winners members yet wisdom was present and Abioye refused to leave Oyedepo. And today, even the apparent successor sees Abioye as his Spiritual father and mentor(as I was told).

I also salute Oyedepo's wisdom in not going on a pulpit sponsored tirade against Adjeman. It is better recreational bloggers like me report these things than for it to be heard bitterly on the pulpit.

Lastly there is nothing necessarily wrong with remitting money to headquarters. The early gentile churches also remitted money back to jerusalem. Whatever process has been set up by the leadership of the church should be followed. If you can't, just leave!

Wise words
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Anas09: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2018
TheTrueApostle:
Mumu people
Who be Mumu people? The Apostles of Christ?
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by jozz(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
seunmsg:
If some of you know the amount of money local RCCG parishes in Nigeria remits monthly to Daddy G.O, you will shout blue murder. Churches are now big business centres that make huge profit for the owners. Sadly, the last effort to regulate their operation by FRC failed and up till today, they operate without paying tax or any form of scrutiny of their financial records.

situation will soon change.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Olobojay(m): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
Euouae:

So you actually believe that bald headed vulture has the keys to the gate of hell grin grin grin

Sheeple!
may God have mercy on you
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by CodeTemplar: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
Acidosis:

Taxing Churches because you think members are being exploited is counterproductive. Abeg, where would the tax come from?
Same "exploited" members of course.

You end up exploiting the already exploited members of the church for the benefit of same politicians that destroyed your past, your present and your future. That arrangement is like robbing Peter to pay Satan.

Stop replying people who are out to destroy the church
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
mayorall:

No , I didn't . As a Christian, you are to minister life,

Christ hasn't come to preach the gospel of condemnation

The first thing you did was to condemn myself and Bishop Oyedepo in your message.

Won't be able to comment on your points as I don't really enjoy online arguments.

It is the nature of "truth" to condemn lies. You saw condemnation, someone else might see light and truth.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by OtemAtum: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
Afam4eva:
I heard this story first hand from a Nigerian who was worshipping with Winners in Ghana. I may not agree with the modus operandi of Nigerian pastors but the Ghanian pastor is a thief. You don't take what does not belong to you.
thief thiefing from thief is what i call this.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by openmine(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
gidjah:
I joined winners chapel through Uncle Adjemam George way back back.We lived close and few of his family members were in my estate then in Kaduna.He left for Ghana and d next thing na that touching story of rebel.His ministry is no more thriving like before, you can't partake of Oyedepos Grace once you are a Rebel.Most of them who rebelled against him never made it high.I have been a member of this awesome ministry for over 2decades .
shocked shocked
No longer the "grace of God" abi?......its now "oyedepo's grace"...

Now i see why its so hard to question his doctrines by members of that assembly who already see him as a mini god....smh
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by gidjah(m): 9:04am On Apr 24, 2018
openmine:

shocked shocked

Now i see why its so hard to question his doctrines by members of that assembly who already see him as a mini god....smh
bros abeg go sit down.you are according to your knowledge. I wont reply this question twice. Check some ones else post which quote me, I already elaborated (by inspiration) how that plays and d heavens recognition of mens grace on earth .
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by bignero: 9:09am On Apr 24, 2018
Euouae:
And Bishop could not open the gate of Hell grin grin grin

what your suffering now in nigeria isnt it hell already?

keep suffering and smiling
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by openmine(m): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2018
gidjah:
bros abeg go sit down.you are according to your knowledge. I wont reply this question twice. Check some ones else post which quote me, I already elaborated (by inspiration) how that plays and d heavens recognition of mens grace on earth .

Stop according a "grace" that isn't urs....
even Ur Philippians 1:7 was erroneously and intentionally twisted by U to mean its "Paul's grace"...

God can not share credit with any man or minister no matter how highly placed...
God cannot share is glory or divinity with man....
Whatever Oyedepo is today is to God's glory and not dat of oyedepo....

What sort of believers are U people who twist the word of God just to defend the shallow doctrines of a so called minister of the gospel....?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by bignero: 9:47am On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:
As much I don't appreciate some churches and materialism, but this is a much deeper issue.

Ghanaians have it in for Nigerians. It stems from an inferiority complex.

Why would the court award the ownership of a church to an employee?
Isn't that Madness? The only reason is because he is Ghanaian.

Third World judiciary that has failed to grasp the fact that the world is now a global village.

And to make the situation even sadder, oyedepo should have learned and stop any major investment there.

Yet the guy wants to build a university there . shocked
C'mon, it is only a matter of time before those Ghanaians take over the university too.

I expected better from oyedepo.

shut your ignoramus trap

the ghana pastor.....along the line registred the NAME OF THE CHURCH AS HIS OWN business

from your other arguments it shows your not learned, no use wasting time explaining other points
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by gidjah(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2018
openmine:

shocked shocked

bros pls pass , I am in my office fkr God sake dont distract me biko!
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by CSTR1003: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2018
bignero:

shut your ignoramus trap

the ghana pastor.....along the line registred the NAME OF THE CHURCH AS HIS OWN business

from your other arguments it shows your not learned, no use wasting time explaining other points
from my other argument. ?

You are a joke.

The Ghanaian pastor registered it under his name while the church is under the name of a parent body.

Your Ghanaian courts Must not know the meaning of fraud .
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by openmine(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2018
gidjah:
bros pls pass , I am in my office fkr God sake dont distract me biko!
Guy park well....Go pick ur bible and study well...
keep living in ur obvious world of ignorance....
Wat concerns me if U are in ur office or house...see wahala ohh...lol
Distraction kor office nee

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tiffany Trump And Michael Boulos Visit Pastor Paul Adefarasin In Lagos / How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And Wooed Their Wives / Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.