Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo (87395 Views)

Ghana’s Supreme Court Orders Bishop George Adjeman To Vacate And Relinquish Bish / Ghanaian Court Returns Ownership Of Winners Chapel Ghana To Bishop Oyedepo / 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Charles478: 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
happinesssssssss:

Liar, liar, Lai Muhammed, Just to damage d image of d church.

Most Bloggers will not see heaven
Most people have already verify the story.
Free yourself from mental slavery.
Free yourself from bondage.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Olobojay(m): 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
Euouae:
And Bishop could not open the gate of Hell grin grin grin
over you and your unborn generations Abi??

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Charles478: 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
XingXhang:

Politics started from heaven when Lucifer left with one-third of the angels and discovering his plan to take over. Coupdetat
U believe that crap.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by adegeye38(m): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Adjeman successfully hijacked a billion dollar corporation. That's ingenious
did you even read the whole article at all?

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by adegeye38(m): 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
The Oyedepo faction(WCI) started again in 2004after the unfortunate split. It now has a network of 150 churches in Ghana and is about getting its own university. However winners chapel Ghana led by Adjeman has plunged from 14,000 members
as at the time of secession to 1,000 members.

when you are blessed, you are blessed

Church building is not by brain, its by God's special grace

bishop was even ready to let go of everything if he just changed the name

the fool changed his mind, that bishop was never born again

2 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by adegeye38(m): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
lots of dumb nairalanders didnt even bother reading the article at all, they just jump to the conclusion
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
Olobojay:

over you and your unborn generations Abi??

So you actually believe that bald headed vulture has the keys to the gate of hell grin grin grin

Sheeple!
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by adegeye38(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
XingXhang:

Politics started from heaven when Lucifer left with one-third of the angels and discovering his plan to take over. Coupdetat
God cast them to earth after the uprising, meaning the devil was the originator of politics
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by adegeye38(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
Charles478:

U believe that crap.
and what do you belive?
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Reference(m): 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
Chubhie:

Bolu is still there. I think in nomansland. I got tired and left.
hmmm.....interesting. ..
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by adegeye38(m): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
Euouae:

So you actually believe that bald headed vulture has the keys to the gate of hell grin grin grin

Sheeple!
you are an ignorant being, stop blatantly displaying your foolish ignorance and the read the fucking article

"the gate of hell, he said if you are knowledgeable you know that its a figure of speech

The Oyedepo faction(WCI) started again in 2004after the unfortunate split. It now has a network of 150 churches in Ghana and is about getting its own university. However winners chapel Ghana led by Adjeman has plunged from 14,000 membersas at the time of secession to 1,000 members.when you are blessed, you are blessedChurch building is not by brain, its by God's special gracebishop was even ready to let go of everything if he just changed the namethe fool changed his mind, that bishop was never born again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Reference(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
Chubhie:

I moved on.

That is what happens. People outgrow situations. Everything that has life grows. A bird builds a nest its size because it expects its chicks to leave when they come of age. It doesn't extend the nest to be as big as a tree neither does it build nests in other trees. I have something about what I call empire building in Christianity. Like in the earthly corporate world I can understand the effectiveness of size in penetration and rapid expansion but with it comes great temptations of abuse of power and privilege. These mega churches will continue to contend with those issues. It is an uphill struggle against the very nature of things as God created them. When the bird nest becomes too big, it threatens the tree that carries it.

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by oruma19: 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
prince3009:
Very true!

I was fully aware of these events. Bishop Oyedepo sent some pastors back then including Pastor Abraham Aiyelabowo who was the resident pastor of Winners Chapel Uyo to take over from Bishop Adjeman. This was met with stiff resistance by Adjeman to the extent that there were fists cuffs and I even heard a gun was drawn (possibly by the Adjeman Faction).

Pastor Abraham Aiyelabowo was eventually made the resident Pastor of the new rebuilt Winners Chapel Ghana but the man still decamped and founded his own Triumphant Global Ministries Ghana which is booming today because the guy is full of humor and a crowd puller too. I remember his days as pastor in Winners Chapel Uyo only that the guy is a sexual predator who was shagging many women in the church back then both married and unmarried. The guy even bin wan shag my girlfriend Itoro who was always going to the house to help his wife with house chores. I was vexed about it and approached him only for him to attempt to sin-shame me in the congregation. angry

It is so painful that Bishop George Adjeman who I have known as a charismatic vibrant man on the pulpit would do something like that. The fact that Bishop Oyedepo gave him those terms shows that he (Oyedepo) has a large heart.

Anyways, after every...it's business as usual.
so fucking of women by winners pastors don tey like dis? Most of them I know are womanisers. The ones we have Here in warri, a reasonable percentage of them Bleep babes anyhow including the married girls. Some have left to open their own churches around warri and environs. But how come they still preach and lure people into their scam despite so much adultery and fornication? This one still baffles me

2 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by billyG(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
D love of money..is d root of all evil...money hunters.Jah shall punish ye all.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by guiddoti: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
Euouae:

Sheeple!
It was literally referring to "key of David" no sheeple freed, it's just common knowledge of the bible.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by guiddoti: 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
adegeye38:
lots of dumb nairalanders didnt even bother reading the article at all, they just jump to the conclusion
Nigerians don't read, but are very good at spreading propagadans
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
barojana:
The living faith church is such a wealthy church. I'm not sure but I remember reading somewhere that Winners UK either makes or remit about £5 million to Nigerian HQ. UK doesn't like it but there is nothing they can do about it without angering people of African descent living in UK and attending these churches. This kind of church must protect its successional path. When there is so much money in a church people would kill to get to the top.

The church has a mandate ... I mean a constitution. Everything is spelt out in the constitution of the church.

After Bishop Oyedepo , nobody from sixty years of age ,as at the day of installation as head , can assume the headship of the church.

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
sorextee:
I was in covenant uni dat time wen that drama unfolded. Not only did oyedepo send dat uyo pastor, he also sent bishop Ojeme, who dey said is a very close frnd to adjeman. I hear say adjeman still pull Gun on top dem. The Ghanaian factions were carrying a placard around, addressing Oyedepo that GHANA IS NOT YOUR KUWAIT. Those Ghanaian pastors that came to Nigeria, I remembered seeing Oyedepo Anointing them in the Sunday service at caananland for their loyalty.
What the op stated above is true.

Ojeme. Knew him when i was in Warri. Great preacher
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
kingsmaila:
Establishing a church is a lucrative business

And one was handed over to an otherwise experienced preacher and he ran it down from a 14,000 membership to 1,000
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
prince3009:

For crying out loud, I never said Bishop Oyedepo was aPastor under Kenneth E Hagin.

When Oyedepo was a pastor, he was opportune to school under the Faith Bible School of Kenneth Hagin's ministry just as his Living Faith Church has his own Word Of Faith Bible Institute. It is a Bible school that train upcoming Pastors for Ministerial work.

People will just read without understanding! It is the likes of you that made Buhari say that Nigerian youths are too lazy! Lazy in almost everything including READING! SMH!!

Go and re read what you wrote ... You stated that your dad met him when he was a pastor at Kenneth Hagin ministry
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
5thElement:
In the end it's all about the money and not the salvation of souls.

What a pity.

All these new generation "churches" are built on the foundation of the demon called Mammon.

If you are poor, it's a sin so just keep sowing that little money you've got till you are blessed.

I joined winners as a poor , disillusioned graduate.

I am to day better off by all gauge. The first time I heard the holy spirit speak very audibly to me was when I joined winners ... I carried out his instruction and got the reward ..... I was suffering a condition that made cold water a no no for me .... Nobody prayed for me ... I just read bishop Oyedepo book and got a revelation that sent me into prayer mode.....

I have so much to tell since I joined his ministry .... I was formerly a Catholic ... A block rosary 'giant'

8 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
Chubhie:

Okay. They also left almost taking same pattern as Adjeman but Oyedepo used hindsight wisdom to contain them.

Church politics at the high level ain't no different with the recent dramas ongoing amongst the senators.

When Adjeman was transferred to Ibadan, Mike Afolabi who was in Ibadan was moved to Ilorin. Bolu martains in kano was moved to owerri while Dickson in owerri was moved to warri.

Adjeman triggered a whole lot of chain reactions. Above all, I have respect for Abioye. The guy was virtually frustrated and pushed to leave with tempting offers from above yet the guy stood his ground telling everyone that his only mission in this life is to play 2nd to Oyedepo. Now, that's loyalty at its peak.

Pastor Richard 2nd in command to Adjeman is also a good man.

I respect Bishop Abioye, a lot. I have listened to him speak on the pressure back then to leave Winners but he told the people involved that he knows his calling and it is to serve Oyedepo.... That the fact that he is allowed to preach is a bonus.....that what he heard was that he should go and serve the man.

The same with Pastor Lawrence Obediah recently transferred to our small branch in Calabar.... When he was called, the instruction was to go and be a partaker under an undertaker. And he was told that the undertaker is Bishop Oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
erico2k2:

The UK did something about i.They where investigated for money laundry, dont forget church is meant to be a non profit organization so they are guided by charity act, ie the must show waht charity they are doing within its means in the UK, this was where problem started! or else they pay tax

What was the outcome of the investigation?
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

I joined winners as a poor , disillusioned graduate.

I am to day better off by all gauge. The first time I heard the holy spirit speak very audibly to me was when I joined winners ... I carried out his instruction and got the reward ..... I was suffering a condition that made cold water a no no for me .... Nobody prayed for me ... I just read bishop Oyedepo book and got a revelation that sent me into prayer mode.....

I have so much to tell since I joined his ministry .... I was formerly a Catholic ... A block rosary 'giant'

You know, there's this saying that if you say you were formerly a Catholic, then you really were never a Catholic.

How did you know it was the Holy Spirit that spoke to you anyway?

People do things, get rich and attribute it to God. I don't see it that way.

Life isn't about how much money you've got in your bank account. It's true that it seems life could be easier if you've got a load of money. Yet we aren't called by God to be rich but to be holy.

You've just jumped from frying pan to fire bro. I hope you realize that before it becomes too late.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
5thElement:

You know, there's this saying that if you say you were formerly a Catholic, then you really were never a Catholic.

How did you know it was the Holy Spirit that spoke to you anyway?

People do things, get rich and attribute it to God. I don't see it that way.

Life isn't about how much money you've got in your bank account. It's true that it seems life could be easier if you've got a load of money. Yet we aren't called by God to be rich but to be holy.

You've just jumped from frying pan to fire bro. I hope you realize that before it becomes too late.

Just jumped from frying pan to fire... That is a laugh..... We are called to be Holy bla bla... Someone less informed would think you know what you are actually discussing.

What is your idea of being Holy, using the scripture?
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
daveP:
and it sounds so so like the indulgence age of Catholicism that made MLK to give 95 theses

Lol. It's Martin Luther and not Martin Luther King. Get your history right.

Martin Luther, the ex priest who founded Protestantism eventually committed suicide and died a horrible death.

Were there abuses in the Church then when he nailed his thesis? Absolutely. But has the Catholic Church ever erred in matters of faith and morals? Never. Not once in her 2,000 years existence.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Just jumped from frying pan to fire... That is a laugh..... We are called to be Holy bla bla... Someone less informed would think you know what you are actually discussing.

What is your idea of being Holy, using the scripture?

Go and learn how to be civil or don't they teach that in your church on how to be Christian? If this were politics, no problem.

When you've learned that, you can come back and we'll have a discussion.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by farem: 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
HigherEd:
Putting this story out there is in no attempt to embarrass anyone or any church. As i always walk a very careful lane when reporting issues regarding the church. I have barely laid the facts as I remembered them.

The bible tells the story of how Lucifer rebelled in God's own perfect territory and was cast out with his entire team. So if rebellion and secession can happen in Heaven then it surely can happen in church.
If Paul and Barnabas(both anointed) could part ways over differences then it can happen between Oyedepo and Adjeman while we agree both of them are still anointed.
Therefore let no atheists nor unbeliever jump on this as reason to villify or misrepresent the church.

The church is Christ bride but it is not perfect, but it is still Christ bride nonetheless. Issue like this are common in Christianity, even from the early days. It then takes wisdom and maturity to handle these challenges as they come. This is not peculiar to Nigerian churches either. Unfortunately, we Christians might continue hearing stories like this till Jesus comes back. So let it not shake your faith in the mandate of the church. It is just one of those things.

I do not agree with Adjeman but I kind of understand him. I know in his heart he regards the church leadership and even respects Oyedepo. But somewhere there he feels he is being cheated and that would be where he might have erred. The prosperity character of a church like winners chapel flows from the top and trickles down. Whether the branch is in somalia or ogbomoso it would prosper. Same way the multiplication anointing in RCCG flows from top to bottom. I'm sure the Ghanian church was even astounded that they could contribute a whole $60,000 a month(back in 2004). Adjeman should have just learnt the principle and left. Men like Enenche, Adeyemi, Poju and Ibeyiomie learnt under Oyedepo and today have equally financially strong ministries irrespective of poor economy.

When the succession plan was allegedly closed to Abioye via church constitution people told him to leave and create his own church. Considering Abioye could cart away thousands of Winners members yet wisdom was present and Abioye refused to leave Oyedepo. And today, even the apparent successor sees Abioye as his Spiritual father and mentor(as I was told).

I also salute Oyedepo's wisdom in not going on a pulpit sponsored tirade against Adjeman. It is better recreational bloggers like me report these things than for it to be heard bitterly on the pulpit.

Lastly there is nothing necessarily wrong with remitting money to headquarters. The early gentile churches also remitted money back to jerusalem. Whatever process has been set up by the leadership of the church should be followed. If you can't, just leave!

O wi're! (well said)

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
5thElement:

Go and learn how to be civil or don't they teach that in your church on how to be Christian? If this were politics, no problem.

When you've learned that, you can come back and we'll have a discussion.

What is your idea of Holiness... You wake and jumped on my timeliness to make irresponsible contribution that I have jumped from fire to frying pan... God didn't call us to be rich but Holy.

Explain how I jumped into fire and how God called us to be Holy and not rich.... Is that what you got from the Bible or your church satanic doctrine.

Your small mind never knew that prosperity is tied to mediating on the word day and night or that it is he that gives you the power to get wealth....I went where I got healed and you have the temerity to question how I knew it was the voice of God... Do you have a means for checking the voice for source... If I had stayed that I was a Catholic when I heard the voice would you hae asked me that brainless question?

As long as he sort the Lord the Lord made him to proper... Is it in you Bible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by daveP(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
5thElement:

Lol. It's Martin Luther and not Martin Luther King. Get your history right.

Martin Luther, the ex priest who founded Protestantism eventually committed suicide and died a horrible death.

Were there abuses in the Church then when he nailed his thesis? Absolutely. But has the Catholic Church ever erred in matters of faith and morals? Never. Not once in her 2,000 years existence.
thanks, an auto-correct sturvs.

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

What is your idea of Holiness... You wake and jumped on my timeliness to make irresponsible contribution that I have jumped from fire to frying pan... God didn't call us to be rich but Holy.

Explain how I jumped into fire and how God called us to be Holy and not rich.... Is that what you got from the Bible or your church satanic doctrine.

Your small mind never knew that prosperity is tied to mediating on the word day and night or that it is he that gives you the power to get wealth....I went where I got healed and you have the temerity to question how I knew it was the voice of God... Do you have a means for checking the voice for source... If I had stayed that I was a Catholic when I heard the voice would you hae asked me that brainless question?

As long as he sort the Lord the Lord made him to proper... Is it in you Bible

I see you consider yourself quite the biblical scholar. Lol.

I'm also sure you're gearing to become a pastor too maybe after some 3 months course somewhere.

It's OK. Don't lemme rain on your parade.

Maybe you can do me a favour though. Could you reach into the 4 Gospels and pull out passages that say that you should be rich or prosperous or materially wealthy to make heaven.

Go on...
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Go and re read what you wrote ... You stated that your dad met him when he was a pastor at Kenneth Hagin ministry

So let's say there was a time when Soyinka was a lecturer here in Nigeria before he became a professor and he happened to visit the University at Wales either for educational tourism purposes or a seminar and someone wants to refer to the that time and says "I was opportune to chat with Professor Wole Soyinka in London at the University of Wales when he was a lecturer", it automatically means he was lecturing in University of Wales abi?

Weh done sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tiffany Trump And Michael Boulos Visit Pastor Paul Adefarasin In Lagos / How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And Wooed Their Wives / Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.