Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo (87403 Views)

Ghana’s Supreme Court Orders Bishop George Adjeman To Vacate And Relinquish Bish / Ghanaian Court Returns Ownership Of Winners Chapel Ghana To Bishop Oyedepo / 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Apr 22, 2018
I heard this story first hand from a Nigerian who was worshipping with Winners in Ghana. I may not agree with the modus operandi of Nigerian pastors but the Ghanian pastor is a thief. You don't take what does not belong to you.

25 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2018
Imagine nonsense. Remitting proceeds to HQ . ayemi

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Jaynom(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2018
I'm coming
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 9:20am On Apr 22, 2018
It's well!!! Place of worshipping God turned to business and investments

3 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by codemaniacs: 9:20am On Apr 22, 2018
zz
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by enlady(f): 9:22am On Apr 22, 2018
No please. I was embarrassed reading this

HigherEd:
Putting this story out there is in no attempt to embarrass anyone or any church. As i always walk a very careful lane when reporting issues regarding the church. I have barely laid the facts as I remembered them.

The bible tells the story of how Lucifer rebelled in God's own perfect territory and was cast out with his entire team. So if rebellion and secession can happen in Heaven then it surely can happen in church. Therefore let no atheists nor unbeliever jump on this as reason to villify or misrepresent the church.

5 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by wittyt98(m): 9:23am On Apr 22, 2018
all about motherfvcking paper chase
business organizations grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by obailala(m): 9:23am On Apr 22, 2018
When large sums of money is involved, things like this become inevitable.

4 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In my honest opinion. Since pastors claim the church belongs to it's members.

Nigerian churches should be registered as Public Limited Companies (PLC)
Listed on the stock exchange so it's members can benefit through stocks and dividends.

Churches should be taxed too.

grin grin grin

Dont believe that Cajole.

The pastor owns the church. They use that word to console gullible members.

4 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 22, 2018
[s]
codemaniacs:

Its about bringing wealth into the Yoruba nation and spreading around the Yoruba nation... same way non-indigenes come into Yoruba nation and spread wealth back into their villages from the Yoruba nations wealth..

they are not "Nigerian churches"... they are "Yoruba churches" and they bring wealth into the Yoruba nation... any Yoruba person that supports the taxation of churches has a mental problem and is anti-yoruba...

same way Ijaws are fighting Nigeria for control of their own oil wealth is the same way the Yorubas will defend their own churches...
[/s]

Have you had breakfast this morning?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by mayorall(m): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2018
Wow. Great write up. On my way back from winners Chapel headquarter though. Today is our covenant day of open doors. You can still meet up with 3rd, 4th and 5th services. You can also connect online. Via radio or live stream from the church website.
Thanks.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Toks2008(m): 9:27am On Apr 22, 2018
HigherEd:
Putting this story out there is in no attempt to embarrass anyone or any church. As i always walk a very careful lane when reporting issues regarding the church. I have barely laid the facts as I remembered them.

The bible tells the story of how Lucifer rebelled in God's own perfect territory and was cast out with his entire team. So if rebellion and secession can happen in Heaven then it surely can happen in church. Therefore let no atheists nor unbeliever jump on this as reason to villify or misrepresent the church.

The church is Christ bride but it is not perfect, but it is still Christ bride nonetheless. Issue like this are common in Christianity, even from the early days. It then takes wisdom and maturity to handle this challenges as they come.

I do not agree with Adjeman but I kind of understand him. I know in his heart he regards the church leadership and even respects Oyedepo. But somewhere there he feels he is being cheated and that would be where he might have erred. The prosperity character of a church like winners chapel flows from the top and trickles down. Whether the church is in somalia or ogbomoso it would prosper. I'm sure the Ghanian church was even astounded that they could contribute a whole $60,000 a month(back in 2004). Adjeman should have just learnt the principle and left. Men like Enenche, Adeyemi, Poju and Ibeyiomie started under Oyedepo and today have equally financially strong ministries irrespective of poor economy.

True

6 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Intrepid01(m): 9:28am On Apr 22, 2018
"Members had plunged from 14,000at the time of seuccession to 1,000 members".......

This is the best part of the write up..

44 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Blackfire(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2018
There is serious politics in the church...

But it shows oyedepo is a strategist , kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by CHARLOE(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2018
barojana:
The living faith church is such a wealthy church. I'm not sure but I remember reading somewhere that Winners UK either makes or remit about £5 million to Nigerian HQ. UK doesn't like it but there is nothing they can do about it without angering people of African descent living in UK and attending these churches. This kind of church must protect its successional path. When there is so much money in a church people would kill to get to the top.
Really? Wow! Church business is good business, they even make more money from d people than polithiefcians.
The Big question: Will christians (d sheeples) ever learn n understand they're been used/de-frauded? I seriously doubt, cos Their greed & gullibility will always get d better of them. Good news is, slowly n steadily, sincere, Fearless n thinking christians are begining to SEE, The SCALES are falling off, HALELUYAAA!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by DCMIX(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2018
I need to hear from both sides before I conclude
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:30am On Apr 22, 2018
Adjeman sounds like a thief to me.

He should ask for forgiveness and amend his ways with God.

3 Likes

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Blackfire(m): 9:31am On Apr 22, 2018
Euouae:
[s][/s]

Have you had breakfast this morning?

He is saying the tuth.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by InvertedHammer: 9:31am On Apr 22, 2018
/
I only feel sorry for the thousands that patronize these churches with the thwarted belief that Daddy G.O cares about their soul or salvation.

It is all about the money! They can all burn in hell for all Oyedepo cares. Just make sure the money keeps flowing.

\

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Daniel058(m): 9:34am On Apr 22, 2018
May he learn his lesson..
1000 members and he is their bishop
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by eagleeye2: 9:34am On Apr 22, 2018
The issue of Coup de Etat in churches has been happening since the advent of pentecostal churches in Nigeria.
Who are the Called? and Who are those that called themselves? It's only God that knows.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Aruhbi(m): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2018
Fascinating things unfolding.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Daniel058(m): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2018
NonFarmPayrol:
its all about the money finally

looks same with Ashimolowo and RCCG

sad
Fx man!! Hope you use 1 minute strategy for ur NFp trade.. grin
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by rafabenitez: 9:36am On Apr 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Listed on the stock exchange so it's members can benefit through stocks and dividends.

Churches should be taxed too.supported to the last,churches should be taxed too,enough of the robbery..lngest time nwaamaikpe
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by hisgrace090: 9:38am On Apr 22, 2018
So many things are going on secretly.
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by AngelicBeing: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2018
HigherEd:

The church is Christ bride but it is not perfect, but it is still Christ bride nonetheless. Issue like this are common in Christianity, even from the early days. It then takes wisdom and maturity to handle this challenges as they come.

I do not agree with Adjeman but I kind of understand him. I know in his heart he regards the church leadership and even respects Oyedepo. But somewhere there he feels he is being cheated and that would be where he might have erred. The prosperity character of a church like winners chapel flows from the top and trickles down. Whether the church is in somalia or ogbomoso it would prosper. I'm sure the Ghanian church was even astounded that they could contribute a whole $60,000 a month(back in 2004). Adjeman should have just learnt the principle and left. Men like Enenche, Adeyemi, Poju and Ibeyiomie started under Oyedepo and today have equally financially strong ministries irrespective of poor economy.
cool
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2018
GavelSlam:
Actor no dey die.
grin
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by AngelicBeing: 9:41am On Apr 22, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Churches should be taxed too.
Hian, shocked

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by 2horsePOWER(m): 9:41am On Apr 22, 2018
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by SinglesNetwork1: 9:44am On Apr 22, 2018
May God help us
Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by AngelicBeing: 9:45am On Apr 22, 2018
Afam4eva:
I heard this story first hand from a Nigerian who was worshipping with Winners in Ghana. I may not agree with the modus operandi of Nigerian pastors but the Ghanian pastor is a thief. You don't take what does not belong to you.
Plus he deserves to be flogged 80 million lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper according to Mosaic and canon laws, I am heading to Ghana tomorrow to dish out the flogging to the prodigal son tongue

1 Like

Re: How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 22, 2018
Con Business Men.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tiffany Trump And Michael Boulos Visit Pastor Paul Adefarasin In Lagos / How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And Wooed Their Wives / Pastor Who Got Stuck In Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.