Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Nigerian Youths And Buhari’s Declaration: A Political Nollywood Movie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths And Buhari’s Declaration: A Political Nollywood Movie (360 Views)

MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration For Second Term / Fani-kayode Reacts To Buhari's Declaration For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths And Buhari’s Declaration: A Political Nollywood Movie by morblow: 1:09am On Apr 22, 2018
The eye will always see what it wants to see, so also the ear in what to hear. Could one be more selective in what s/he sees or hears however delicate the filtering process might be?

A few hours ago in far-away London, President Muhammadu Buhari was misinterpreted to have called Nigerian youths-lazy. Like a typical Nigerian, I jumped into a state of frenzy asking all the questions that came to mind, why, how, what and after a while I asked again; why not.

Having listened to the President directly, I asked one more time, why not? I took time to examine the statement with a view to filtering the section or portion that seems to suggest that he actually meant what was attributed to him and I came to the conclusion that some persons are indeed waiting in the wind for the possible outcomes of the President.

It was at this point that I agreed with Mr. Femi Adeshina that it was the handiwork of the opposite “Buharis” who will stop at nothing than to look for what is not lost. So who could have originated the “lazy version” that was rapidly fed to the information-hungry Nigerians who are constantly in the online kitchen for whatever could go to the mouth-eye.

I don’t intend to borrow words from Adeshina but I completely agreed with him and the position of the presidency. Without fear of contradiction, my submission is; those that condemned the President are fault finders but this time they displeased some of their admirers. The facts are there to verify, every country has the hardworking and the lazy youths, the employed and the unemployed so nothing is really peculiar to Nigeria from the statement made by the President.

The implication of the statement did not mean the youths are lazy although indeed some are, some have chosen a path of wealth that can only come through MMM and other get rich quick schemes. Some chose a fantasy-island life and atmosphere decorated by motivational speakers. Some have been known to shun mentorship opportunities and embrace sack-your-boss lecture and at the end what they have to offer could not stand the test of time. Maybe these are the youths that the President had in mind-the ever waiting bag carriers cum PA for Politicians. Let’s be realistic, they are numerous these days.
Now, back to the drummer, does the President perform well enough to be so sympathized, No, besides, his recent declaration of intention to run again in 2019 so that the country will continue to crawl in a high speed internet-driven world amounted to a political nollywood movie whereby the end is known from the beginning; no suspense, no intrigue, no surprise. Only what can be used to either waste or pass time. These characteristics fit our movie industry called Nollywood which should have been better christened “Nothingwood”

There is no doubt the fact that hardship and frustration is in the land, if it takes a man who vied for a particular office many times, six months to assemble the team that will help him realize the mission he sought for that number of times, I think that is leadership failure part one and looking at the three elementary test of leadership namely;
1. To spread the idea or vision he or she aims to accomplish.
2. To assemble the men and women that will help him or her drive the vision.
3. To allocate resources in a manner that would see to the rapid realization of the idea or vision.
Which of these has our beloved President shown ability and capability? none. No excuse this time.

I know Prof Yemi Osinbajo is also involved in this government but what we have is a case of a cart pulling the horse. Or better put a case of a visual impaired leading a man with normal sight, how far can they go. Your guess is as good as mine.

The All Progressive Congress, APC cardinal points to the voters were; to fight corruption, tackle insecurity and give mass employment. I must say without reservation APC has failed in all put together although with President Buhari’s integrity remaining intact.

I do not belong to the class of people who passed a blanket judgment on leaders instead I prefer to take leaders strictly on sector by sector basis. That explains why I remain vehemently oppose to media rituals of setting agenda to every new government. My position was, is and will continue to be allowing leaders/ party to run with the agenda so set by them while the media and by extension the people devise a mechanism for accountability.

On the agenda of fighting corruption, consider this check list, this administration is compose of alleged nation’s looters who got baptize to sin no more by virtue of them decamping from Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to APC. In case one is still wondering, APC accused the PDP of looting the national treasury for 16 good and bad years depending on your parameter at a time of reading this piece. Statistics revealed that out of the 24 APC Governors, 22 of them were members of PDP, at present 20 former PDP governors are now in APC. That President Buhari and by extension APC is fighting corruption is egregious lie meant for the infernal world.

On the agenda of security, despite the fact that our security agencies are trying, it is difficult to award a pass mark to the political class that created the monster in the first place and it is the same class that came up with different degree of defeat ranging from technical defeat to running out of oxygen. Recently, our President killed it in far away UK when he told the world that killers are late Col Muammar Gaddafi of Libya trainees. How I wish the dead could speak. So what about Niger Delta insurgents, were they late Idi Amin of Uganda trainees as well? Dis our leaders-oooo. na wa for dem-(Fela- Unknown Soldier album, 1984)

On the agenda of mass employment-no comment, again, your guess is as good as mine.
Going by the general frustration of the masses about PDP government, APC had arrived like an ambulance driven by a matron to assist a bleeding patient and in any medical environment once the patient is given first aid and bleeding stops, the matron steps aside for a surgeon to carry out proper surgery.

I think the time for President Buhari to step aside is now, let us look out for a political surgeon who can carry out proper diagnosis of the country and apply “mediconomics” for Nigeria to get well. In a straight forward manner, President Buhari should forget about 2019 but can nominate another integrity-principally to take the centre stage because we have seen that the President is presiding over an administration made up of people who would have had nothing to do with him as an officer in the Army.
In the mist of all of these, has the opposition PDP shown enough remorse to take over? The answer is blowing in the wind. Its twinkle me when I see some of the gladiators and I just can’t help but wonder what these people take Nigerians for. Check out the characteristics of some of the gladiators;
-EFCC molested-principally
-ICPC invitees who will stop at nothing than to thwart the process especially with the confession by the Commission that it lacks personnel to carry out verification.
-Leaders with multiple court cases
-America denied visa-individuals
Let us not forget that PDP had donated an ex-convict at a governorship level, we cannot afford to gamble anymore otherwise one day we will have an ex-Nigeria President sentence to jail by International Court. Anyone in that camp should be thoroughly screen and that is left for the party Executive to handle but returning to power in 2019 is a fairy tale by moonlight. . This is an opportunity the youths of the country should explore and exploit. Our youths have excelled all over the world and in diverse fields; entertainment, sport, engineering and medicine etc. They are resilient, hardworking and resourceful flying the country’s flag the world over, what they lack is quality leadership. Let us not allow the activities of a few to rubbish the collective effort of many.
Nigerian youth, I hail thee.

Emmanuel Effiong
emmanuelmorblow@yahoo.com
www.morblownews.com

(1) (Reply)

Why I Accepted To Serve By Festus Keyamo, San, Fciarb (uk) / Why Can't APC Produce A Young, Sound Candidate / Perspectives On The Benue Security Conundrum - By Dr. Thompson Udenwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.