Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,346 members, 7,839,615 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Perspective | Diary Of A Lazy Nigeria Youth – By Elizabeth Asekome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Perspective | Diary Of A Lazy Nigeria Youth – By Elizabeth Asekome (341 Views)

Reno Omokri Apologizes To Toyin Saraki For Comparing Her With Queen Elizabeth / Charly Boy: "Yusuf Buhari Is A Lazy Nigerian Youth" (Photo) / Elizabeth Mary Shuluwa Criticized President Buhari During His Visit To Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Perspective | Diary Of A Lazy Nigeria Youth – By Elizabeth Asekome by olisemark(m): 9:40am On Apr 22, 2018
In Diary of a Lazy Nigeria Youth, Elizabeth Omonigho Asekome aptly captures Buhari's Nigeria and clearly punctures Buhari's #LazyNigerianYouth narrative.
Read below:
It’s not that I don’t try; I ran out of motivation after series of futile attempts
It’s not that I’m not educated, I have more than one certificate from the country institutions I could afford
It’s not that I’m always ill and unhealthy; I got all the medical help I can afford from the ill-equipped medical facilities available with mostly cold and uncaring
staff.
It’s not that I’m not talented, there’s no provisions for nurturing talents in the country
It’s not that I’m lazy! There’s no job or employer willing to hire me
It is not that I am poor, cost of living has been rising while there’s no descent means of affording basic human needs.
It is not that I am not law abiding, I live in a lawless society
While other developed country pay disabilities, unemployments, social security and all other such benefits to their citizens I get none from my government;
I cannot sleep at night because of unbearable heat and no electricity even after I pay the electricity bills
I am not safe in my home because the law officers who are supposed to protect me are worse than the robbers themselves
I cannot rely on justice because our judicial system is expensive and corrupt too.
I cannot call on the government because they don’t care, never did.
I can’t run to my church because I’ll be told to pray harder like I’ve been doing for years while bills grow
I cannot call on God because unaswered prayers makes you weak
I’m so broke and broken that I can’t even afford to die!
Continue reading:
https://atlanticpostng.com/perspective-diary-of-a-lazy-nigeria-youth-by-elizabeth-asekome/

(1) (Reply)

Perspective | Snoring While The Roof Is On Fire – By Owei Lakemfa / New Movement Emerge In Support Of Sen Stella Oduah / Saudi Regime Pushing Anti-shia Agenda In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.