Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience (8268 Views)

Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation / My Nysc Experience At Karaye(kusala Dam), Kano State. / My NYSC Year Experiences In The Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by KevinDein: 10:51am On May 12, 2018
Omololu2121:
stupiid abooki

The south west is 100% better than the whole 19 northern backward states,even with the revenue generated from the south,your people are still living in extreme poverty.

Go and thank the British that merge the South with the North,if not,take away the south,you northerners would have been the poorest country in the world,it will also be the country with the smallest economy.

Is an insult to compare the south west with your useless region stupiid foool
LMAO
My comment really did hurt this one grin

1 Like

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Omololu2121: 10:57am On May 12, 2018
KevinDein:

LMAO
My comment really did hurt this one grin
why will I be hurt by your comment, you're an aboki,I'm happy with the way herdsmen and boko haram is killing your people.

And I'm 100% in support of the dissolution of this useless country

3 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by KevinDein: 11:04am On May 12, 2018
Omololu2121:
why will I be hurt by your comment, you're an aboki,I'm happy with the way herdsmen and boko haram is killing your people.

And I'm 100% in support of the dissolution of this useless country
LMAO grin

What a sad little man. Hopefully your life improves soon.

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Omololu2121: 11:08am On May 12, 2018
Kevindein

LMAO

My comment really hurt you badly abi? Well I don't give a dam abokii,before today's end,Fulani herdsmen will unleash terror in the north west,north east or north central,killing more than 100 people.

I will just be here in my house laughing while reading about the news grin

#unfollowsthread#

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by noble4d(m): 2:34pm On May 12, 2018
FunnyDude:
What I'm about to write about KANO (KANAWA) and the Northern region generally is truth and the truth only!!!! So help me God.

I'm a Muslim from South west of Nigeria. I lives in Kano for a while, having lived most of my life in the city of Lagos, schooled 5years in EASTERN Nigeria , I said I should try a new region which is North and I went to Kano state.. Boom!! What I met in Kano was just like what Buhari promised us then before 2015 and what we have now.

KANO state is good and favourable for the core Northerner and I can said that again. Please don't risk your life for anything to live or visit Kanawa.
Is not healthy, the almajiris are almost everywhere and their illiterate youths already have their eyes on you waiting for a riot to happen in their community then viola!! You are gone so soon. If I as a muslim faithful can't live in such state I wonder how other people with religion denomination cope.

Below are some of my reasons why I dislike Kano(Northern region ) ;

1. The sun is HOT, so hot that you can melt if care is not taken. I bath 4 times a day, can you imagine?
Dust and granite everywhere due to lack of rainfall. Kano is a sahel region and as such has little rainfall. Heat and dust is much.

2. I'm a muslim born and breed up but I can't live with such people due to some personal security reasons.
Let me give some analogy :

The Hausawa see themselves as the best and perfect tribe on earth and as such they don't value any other person aside their tribesman. If you are Yoruba muslim, kogi muslim and you think you are one religion with Hausa's; my dear southern brother's and sister's any time there is little crisis you will be the first person to be killed and matchet even in the mosque while praying. Imagine the scenario!

3. You won't be able to talk freely with the opposite sex just because of some sharia law. You only live once, and as such cannot live my life in such primitive way.

4. Average Hausa person is TRIBALISTIC . They don't like to patronize you in business or any other trade if they have their tribe doing that business, they prefer to patronize their kinsmen.

5. Things are not cheap as portrays. Pure water cost #10 same as south. An orange is #10 or #20 same as south. I bought #200 suya and it was so small like heck. A room cost 24k - 30k at Tudun Wada.
Note : This is not Sabon gari else it will have been costlier.

6. All eyes on you!! I can say that again, in anything you do they are watching you and accordingly looking for how to blame you especially the landlords in the regions.
Imagine your friend came visiting and she is a female, you know the rest.

7. Transportation is expensive in Kano just as Lagos. The South West state I served you can board a bus 50naira and go any length of the state but in Kano you can enter a marwa and you will pay 300naira more or less depends on the journey.

Please my southern people. Fear North Don't be caught...
That is your personal opinion though. I stayed in kano for 2yrs and my experience with the people was splendid. I agree that the cost of transportation is high in some places in Kano but when it comes to the hausas that I know, they are as friendly as a dove. I'm from Edo state precisely, and please next time don't generalize.

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by sammirano: 8:37pm On May 13, 2018
That's why I can't near dere. Abokis. Mgbe!
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 3:07pm On May 27, 2018
sammirano:
That's why I can't near dere. Abokis. Mgbe!

North is for only brave hearted Southerners, else history might end your name
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Mightyify(m): 6:37am On May 30, 2018
NYSC: Six (6) Reasons why you should not serve in the North

Any prospective Corp member who wants to have a wonderful service year, learn some skills, and have an opportunity of landing himself a good job, Core northern states should be last in your list. I'm not saying that serving in the North is entirely a bad idea, No! But you're better off serving in other geo political zones than core Northern States.

Note: the following reasons are my personal opinions and observations while serving in the North. I might be wrong though, and it can be argued too. Let's go...

No.1==Lack of Good PPAs:-

Due to shortage of qualified teachers in the North, 95% of corpers are deployed to schools as teachers with most of these schools located in the rural areas. This means onces you are posted to the North, there is a good chances of you ending up in one of these villages except you bribe some Nysc officials in camp to be posted to town. Trust me living in these villages is not easy ranging from epileptic power supply, language barrier, scarcity of potable water etc.

No.2= Things are not as cheap as you were told:-

Yes! The only things you can buy cheap in the North are foodstuffs like cow meat, fresh tomatoes, onions and yam. Every other thing goes almost same price you would get it in other states. Fish, Rice, beans, groundnut oil, indomie, red oil, provisions, Garri, etc are sold the same price as in other states. In fact, you will buy rice cheaper in Abakiliki than in the North. Don't sell your future because of plate of food.

No.3=Having another source of Income apart from your alawee is difficult:-

I have read tales on how corpers organized private lessons and venture in other business to augument income but that's very difficult in the North, nobody might patronize you if you organize private lessons and most private schools in the City already have extra moral classes included in their school activities. Business kwanu? Don't even go there, you won't even stand a chance, an hausa/fulani man is ready to sell goods with just 40naira and can also offer his services way cheaper than you.

No.4=Insecurity:-

Most Northern States are underpoliced! There are no enough presence of police and other security agents to protect you incase of any crisis. This is why there are lots casualties recorded anytime crisis broke out, before security agents would mobilize and arrived at the scene alot of damages has been done already. Anybody who served in any northern states can attest to this, you rarely see policemen unlike what is obtainable in the south.

No.5=Accommodation Problem:-

Most Schools and ministries have no accommodation for you once you're posted to the Capital cities of Northern States. Yes! OYO is your case. Same problem that's also being suffered by corpers serving in Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt. A good self contained apartment in Kano City is rented almost same amount with the ones in Ibadan, addo ekiti, calabar, Enugu, Uyo , owerri etc.

Note: If you're posted to the village, you are most likely to be provided with accommodation, I think this is also done nearly in all states. Corpers serving in my village have accommodation free too.

No.6=Less hope of getting ratained in your PPA:-

This one needs no explanation since you are most likely to be posted to the village, you will get tired of the place before your POP, so retaining you is out of the picture even if they do, you will gladly reject the offer.

Other reasons worth mentioning include: Harsh Weather, Lack of Social Activities, language barrier, etc.

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by steviano(m): 6:42pm On May 31, 2018
FunnyDude:
What I'm about to write about KANO (KANAWA) and the Northern region generally is truth and the truth only!!!! So help me God.

I'm a Muslim from South west of Nigeria. I lives in Kano for a while, having lived most of my life in the city of Lagos, schooled 5years in EASTERN Nigeria , I said I should try a new region which is North and I went to Kano state.. Boom!! What I met in Kano was just like what Buhari promised us then before 2015 and what we have now.

KANO state is good and favourable for the core Northerner and I can said that again. Please don't risk your life for anything to live or visit Kanawa.
Is not healthy, the almajiris are almost everywhere and their illiterate youths already have their eyes on you waiting for a riot to happen in their community then viola!! You are gone so soon. If I as a muslim faithful can't live in such state I wonder how other people with religion denomination cope.

1. The sun is HOT, so hot that you can melt if care is not taken. I bath 4 times a day, can you imagine?
Dust and granite everywhere due to lack of rainfall. Kano is a sahel region and as such has little rainfall. Heat and dust is much.

2. I'm a muslim born and breed up but I can't live with such people due to some personal security reasons.

The Hausawa see themselves as the best and perfect tribe on earth and as such they don't value any other person aside their tribesman. If you are Yoruba muslim, kogi muslim and you think you are one religion with Hausa's; my dear southern brother's and sister's any time there is little crisis you will be the first person to be killed and matchet even in the mosque while praying. Imagine the scenario!

3. You won't be able to talk freely with the opposite sex just because of some sharia law. You only live once, and as such cannot live my life in such primitive way.

4. Average Hausa person is TRIBALISTIC . They don't like to patronize you in business or any other trade if they have their tribe doing that business, they prefer to patronize their kinsmen.

5. Things are not cheap as portrays. Pure water cost #10 same as south. An orange is #10 or #20 same as south. I bought #200 suya and it was so small like heck. A room cost 24k - 30k at Tudun Wada.

6. All eyes on you!! I can say that again, in anything you do they are watching you and accordingly looking for how to blame you especially the landlords in the regions.

7. Transportation is expensive in Kano just as Lagos. The South West state I served you can board a bus 50naira and go any length of the state but in Kano you can enter a marwa and you will pay 300naira more or less depends on the journey.

Bro you can lie for Africa, I am currently staying in Kano, kura LG to be precise...
From my side to yankura is just 150 naira and it's over an hour journey...
Food is very cheap...
Bag of pure water from factory is just 60 naira...
I use just 300 naira meat to cook full pot of stew...
The weather is hot yes!
Nothing like crisis here
A room here is 10k
There's light at least 20 hours daily
Female friends come visiting steady...
Kano is a nice place to live in....
My fellow corp member bring garri and red oil along to sell each time they travel home to sell....
In conclusion Kano is a nice place to be....
The only discouraging Factor is the weather

1 Like

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by kcy(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
I'm enjoying my wudill in kano state
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Mightyify(m): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2018
steviano:

Bro you can lie for Africa, I am currently staying in Kano, kura LG to be precise...
Food is very cheap...
The weather is hot yes!
Nothing like crisis here
A room here is 10k
My fellow corp member bring garri and red oil along to sell each time they travel home to sell....

I served in Rano Kano State... he's saying the truth. Foodstuffs are not cheap too. Social Activities are zero, the weather is bleeped. Self-con goes for 80 to 150k in town. There's no enough presence of police incase of crisis. The state don't pay kobo....bro we're better off serving in other region... you know the truth stop deceiving others.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Morjee: 10:58am On Jun 03, 2018
Kaduna, Jos, Abuja are very cool but if you go above this states you on your own

1 Like

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Morjee: 10:59am On Jun 03, 2018
Please any copper in kaduna? Please hi me if you serving in kaduna
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
FunnyDude:
This is pure truth. I'm not bias at all
so which eastern state did u sch for 5yrs?
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2018
FunnyDude:

Is it not same Kano I lived. Even here in our Lagos if I go to mile 12 market, ketu market to buy all the food items you mentioned they are also cheap. So what's the fuss?

Tribalism :
I schooled and lived in Nsukka Enugu state for 5yrs, served in Osun state, Born and breed in Lagos... I have been to kogi, Niger, Benin, Asaba, Onitsha, Kano, Abuja, kaduna kutiwenji, Jeda, Idah I can categorically tell you that the Northerner are more tribalistic, you won't understand until you experience it yourself.

Transportation isn't cheap as proclaimed. Not as cost as Lagos though

Just pray there is no riot one day, I still prefer the southern region atleast I'm safe.

and after they will tell u IGBOS are tribalistic....

If a yoruba which we all know serves their master up north very well can say this.....then there is an issue which is not of concern to igbos.

yorubas and hausas finds understanding easily and I predict that it will be more suited for them to retain the name nigeria....and allow igbos vacate this shithole....
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
KevinDein:

No one is forcing you southerners to come to the north. Stay in your south and continue with your vices like rituals, armed robbery, yahoo yahoo etc.

Redeploy back to the south. The northerners aren't tying you down there. Heck not long ago they issued a quit notice to igbos to vacate the North.
If you don't like the North, fuckkk off.

the guy is yoruba not igbo....

lolzzzz....u Don carry ur vex reach this way....
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2018
Omololu2121:
stupiid abooki

The south west is 100% better than the whole 19 northern backward states,even with the revenue generated from the south,your people are still living in extreme poverty.

Go and thank the British that merge the South with the North,if not,take away the south,you northerners would have been the poorest country in the world,it will also be the country with the smallest economy.

Is an insult to compare the south west with your useless region stupiid foool

hmmmmmmm

yoruba and hausa quarrel......

something is wrong.....

the sultan should summon ooni of ife or alaafin immediately.....

lolzzz

2 Likes

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by abokikhalifa: 2:00am On Jun 05, 2018
Big fat lie. I was posted to Kano Last year before I relocated to warri. Guy Kano is not as bad like what you are saying. Kano town is Chilling I swear. Fine hausa olosho everywhere if you sabi the code but no let them papa catch you o. My guys refused to relocate because of the sweet life in kano town. I guess you were broke through out your service year so you did not flex Kano state. I can say bad things about other Northern state but not Kano and Kaduna I swear.
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 7:33am On Jun 05, 2018
noble4d:

That is your personal opinion though. I stayed in kano for 2yrs and my experience with the people was splendid. I agree that the cost of transportation is high in some places in Kano but when it comes to the hausas that I know, they are as friendly as a dove. I'm from Edo state precisely, and please next time don't generalize.

Kano capital is where i'm talking about. The cost of living is high over there too!
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 7:35am On Jun 05, 2018
abokikhalifa:
Big fat lie. I was posted to Kano Last year before I relocated to warri. Guy Kano is not as bad like what you are saying. Kano town is Chilling I swear. Fine hausa olosho everywhere if you sabi the code but no let them papa catch you o. My guys refused to relocate because of the sweet life in kano town. I guess you were broke through out your service year so you did not flex Kano state. I can say bad things about other Northern state but not Kano and Kaduna I swear.

I guess you talking of Sabon Gari and some very few places though. Yet still Kano no be am for me abeg. Heat alone na die . I even prefer Enugu wey I schooled pass Kano for flexing. But one thing in Kano was that Isolation and restriction fit kill.
I hear you sir, make riot start one day..You are gone .
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 7:37am On Jun 05, 2018
Mayrock:

the guy is yoruba not igbo....

lolzzzz....u Don carry ur vex reach this way....

PS: I am 100% Yoruba . SERIOUSLY , Hausa illiteracy no try
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2018
Morjee:
Kaduna, Jos, Abuja are very cool but if you go above this states you on your own

No be liee bro
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 7:59am On Jun 05, 2018
Mayrock:

so which eastern state did u sch for 5yrs?

042 Enugu state
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2018
steviano:

Food is very cheap...
The weather is hot yes!
Nothing like crisis here
A room here is 10k

The hotness alone is a turn-off number one for healthy living. I'm talking of Kano City here. As we all know interior villages are cheaper do to the lack of infastructure and jobs. However, in Osun state too you can rent a room for 8k per year in some villages. Transportation maximum is 100naira , almost 24hours of power supply too.
Food is cheaper too in ogun,Osun,Ibadan villages.

Crisis? Until then you will know that those your Hausa friends and neighbours are your stunch enemy. Just Pray No Crisis!

PS: This is interior part of the state like what you trying to paint here.

I remain resolute, that Kano state capital is not conducive for living if you are not Hausawa nor Kanawa.

I guess you are serving outside Kano city though!

1 Like

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by FunnyDude(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2018
chidekings:

People that don't travel won't know,
The good nature of an average hausa man is a smokescreen till shit hits the fan.
And their weather condition plus lack of water is a no no for someone from the south.

Yes. If you know you know!!
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by abokikhalifa: 8:25am On Jun 05, 2018
FunnyDude:

I guess you talking of Sabon Gari and some very few places though. Yet still Kano no be am for me abeg. Heat alone na die . I even prefer Enugu wey I schooled pass Kano for flexing. But one thing in Kano was that Isolation and restriction fit kill.
I hear you sir, make riot start one day..You are gone .
That one self dey. Bros no place in Nigeria I safe apart from Lagos.
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2018
FunnyDude:

042 Enugu state

smillezzzzz.......na so....
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by divineappo(m): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
FunnyDude:

your Number 7 is a bloody lie

Transportation is extremely extremely cheap. That's the only lie in all you said
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by uvalentine2003(m): 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
FunnyDude:

Not my Tudun Wada ohh
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
FunnyDude:

most of you these southners I don't really know why you full of hatred to the north you speak ill of the north always yet thousands are plenty claiming northern States indigineship to gain admission into northern universities
I school in ABU and sometimes it pains me a lot when I see some Yoruba students sit in groups bashing ABU and at times I wonder did anybody force them down here
there is a saying in my village that who ever points bad finger to somebody then he have three times the badness of that person in him because three fingers point back to him
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Yorubastards: 9:55am On May 17, 2023
Wicked yoruba muslim, see how you're selling the Hausas out, is what una know best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria A Great Country To Be Proud Of - Ondo NYSC Coord / What State Is The Best To Serve In? / If U Own A Pc This Just For U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.