Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience (7995 Views)

Northern Reps Block Bill For Voluntary NYSC Participation / My Nysc Experience At Karaye(kusala Dam), Kano State. / My NYSC Year Experiences In The Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by IamAtikulate: 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2023
I am even planning to relocate finally to Kano from Lagos.

I have been to the state a couple of times and I can confidently tell you that the guy is lying.
Re: All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience by Basic123: 11:24am On Dec 06, 2023
FunnyDude:
What I'm about to write about KANO (KANAWA) and the Northern region generally is truth and the truth only!!!! So help me God.

I'm a Muslim from South west of Nigeria. I lives in Kano for a while, having lived most of my life in the city of Lagos, schooled 5years in EASTERN Nigeria , I said I should try a new region which is North and I went to Kano state.. Boom!! What I met in Kano was just like what Buhari promised us then before 2015 and what we have now.

KANO state is good and favourable for the core Northerner and I can said that again. Please don't risk your life for anything to live or visit Kanawa.
Is not healthy, the almajiris are almost everywhere and their illiterate youths already have their eyes on you waiting for a riot to happen in their community then viola!! You are gone so soon. If I as a muslim faithful can't live in such state I wonder how other people with religion denomination cope.

Below are some of my reasons why I dislike Kano(Northern region ) ;

1. The sun is HOT, so hot that you can melt if care is not taken. I bath 4 times a day, can you imagine?
Dust and granite everywhere due to lack of rainfall. Kano is a sahel region and as such has little rainfall. Heat and dust is much.

2. I'm a muslim born and breed up but I can't live with such people due to some personal security reasons.
Let me give some analogy :

The Hausawa see themselves as the best and perfect tribe on earth and as such they don't value any other person aside their tribesman. If you are Yoruba muslim, kogi muslim and you think you are one religion with Hausa's; my dear southern brother's and sister's any time there is little crisis you will be the first person to be killed and matchet even in the mosque while praying. Imagine the scenario!

3. You won't be able to talk freely with the opposite sex just because of some sharia law. You only live once, and as such cannot live my life in such primitive way.

4. Average Hausa person is TRIBALISTIC . They don't like to patronize you in business or any other trade if they have their tribe doing that business, they prefer to patronize their kinsmen.

5. Things are not cheap as portrays. Pure water cost #10 same as south. An orange is #10 or #20 same as south. I bought #200 suya and it was so small like heck. A room cost 24k - 30k at Tudun Wada.
Note : This is not Sabon gari else it will have been costlier.

6. All eyes on you!! I can say that again, in anything you do they are watching you and accordingly looking for how to blame you especially the landlords in the regions.
Imagine your friend came visiting and she is a female, you know the rest.

7. Transportation is expensive in Kano just as Lagos. The South West state I served you can board a bus 50naira and go any length of the state but in Kano you can enter a marwa and you will pay 300naira more or less depends on the journey.

Please my southern people. Fear North Don't be caught...
YOU ARE NOT A YORUBA MUSLIM!

I can bet my whole year salary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[working Download.] Dvsn Morning After Full Album# / Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here / ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here -->

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.