Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia (29949 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo Cries Out To Dencia: "They Collapsed My Business" / Dencia Shades Wizkid & Jada Pollock, His Manager Turned Baby Mama (Photo) / Dencia Steps Out In Bathrobe For Early Morning Interview On TVC,Lagos (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Xisnin(m): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2018
Reptyle:

The question is why the fuss over the order in which a woman chooses to write her bio? Is it easy being a wife, mother and grand mother? So if the woman considers those to be "more lofty" achievements for her than all of her professional accomplishments, does that in any way reduce her as someone that upholds feminist ideals?

Is there anything wrong with a feminist being a proud wife, a mother and a grandmother and counting those among her accomplishments?

Now that I think about it, the last thing that comes to mind when you think of powerful and accomplished women like Hillary Clinton, is that she is someones wife or mother.

Why are you taking panadol for another woman's headache?
Does it have anything to do with you own ego being bruised and
also being afraid that other women may find sense in Chimamanda's posture?
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Martin0(m): 8:18am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

OO'chim

Bet let's see if you will win

you know me, Na packaging babe's dey do for Nairaland ee...

my school teacher then go always make mouth about feminist and clamour for it, but today she's not even talking about it last time she called me we talk about this feminist thing and post about what Nairalanders think about this and all she said was when dem marry all those will change she even gave some point about Beyonce and this chimamanda ,see when a lady get married somehow life and their mentality dey change oo...
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by mapet: 8:18am On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:

Why do you think Nigeria is a Third World shitthole. ?

You are not governed by your best. why?

Because your average collective IQ is 70.

With my level of intellect, I should be somewhere very high up in government creating and enforcing policies to give you a better future.

When you're done with that "Skushi", let us know grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by CSTR1003: 8:18am On Apr 24, 2018
lexy2014:
u don't have d temperament 4 these kind of controversial discussions. I replied u just once and u already using foul language. D question is who owns Hillary's Twitter account. Is it chimamanda or is it Hillary Clinton? If d answer 2 that question is Hillary, then doesn't she reserve d right 2 put whatever she wants 2 there as she deems fit? U sound as if Hillary Clinton is accountable 2 chimamanda. Hillary didn't run on a feminism ticket. She ran on a platform representing various and diverse interests. Whatever d case, it doesn't give any of those interests d right 2 tell her whether she should call herself a wife/mother. After all that is what was b4 she became anything. That is what was as first lady, senator, secretary of state, presidential aspirant. All d shinning glittering positions have come and gone. She's back 2 square one, wife and mother. Its a lifetime job. U&chimamanda might denigrate all u want, but its a very fulfilling job and Hillary recognises this.
No, I am tired of making the same explanation over and over again.
Another nairalander also explained it.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Mikora: 8:19am On Apr 24, 2018
Xisnin:

And why is chimamanda taking panadol for another woman's headache? And about other women finding sense in chimamanda's posture, what sense is there to be found in a senseless posture?

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Xisnin(m): 8:21am On Apr 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
True but I believe she should not have asked Hillary such.
Why do you think so?
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by CSTR1003: 8:22am On Apr 24, 2018
mapet:

When you're done with that "Skushi", let us know grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't understand. What is funny?

That I am smarter than buhari or that you need people me in government to give you a better life. ?

You think your fellow band wagoners with their proportionate IQ is what will change this country?
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by charain: 8:23am On Apr 24, 2018
lexy2014:
u are almost intelligent
Tell me when your brain can come up with something useful.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by lexy2014: 8:25am On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:

No, I am tired of making the same explanation over and over again.
Another nairalander also explained it.
does that mean u should insult? Are people not entitled 2 their opinions? I am yet 2 interact with a feminist who can accommodate d views of others. Its either their way or no way

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by lexy2014: 8:27am On Apr 24, 2018
charain:

Tell me when your brain can come up with something useful.
hahahahahaha...pls explain "intelligence folks"

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:27am On Apr 24, 2018
Xisnin:

Why do you think so?
I was reading through and found out that candidate Clinton's biography of 2016 is different from 2018 in relation to the words adichie questioned her for I get the clearer picture but I believe she should have let it slide politicians would say anything to win an election.In my own view in as much as Hillary might e an hypocrite for that she owes Adichie no explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Reptyle(m): 8:29am On Apr 24, 2018
Xisnin:

Ego bruised? What does my ego have to do with any of the pertinent questions I raised in my post?

I thought we were having a debate on a topic but seeing how you have gone off on a tangent throwing personal jibes, I know exactly how this will end.

So on that note, I say have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Acidosis(m): 8:31am On Apr 24, 2018
martineverest:
yep....if u think deeply,chimamanda is trying to correct somethings.she is directing for message to those that believe being a wife automatically means u are actually second fiddle and those women that believe being a wife or getting married is an achievement

Anything that makes you happy is an achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Twoclans(f): 8:33am On Apr 24, 2018
Martin0:

you know me, Na packaging babe's dey do for Nairaland ee...

my school teacher then go always make mouth about feminist and clamour for it, but today she's not even talking about it last time she called me we talk about this feminist thing and post about what Nairalanders think about this and all she said was when dem marry all those will change she even gave some point about Beyonce and this chimamanda ,see when a lady get married somehow life and their mentality dey change oo...

Does feminism mean women should not get married? I personally have never really bothered to take this feminism thing serious. I need to go and look for that bill that was submitted and read it.

My biggest issue about the girl child is that I don't want families or cultures to educate a male child then refuse to give the girl child education. Or marry her off instead of sending her to school.

I also don't think a woman should be denied a political position or management position if she is qualified for it just because of her sex.

However it may seem as though nairaland has turned feminism to a mare issue of Nkechi is dating martin0, if she says she is feminist why is she asking him for money to buy tampons (rolls eyes).

My dear lets wake up and smell the coffee alot of women are financially independent now. More and more women are even the ones that fund their households financially. It's just a few women that have that long throat mentality. Also don't forget that when women give men money for hair cut they keep it a secret. In fact another example : twoclans will buy a dress for her self and lie that it's lefulefu that bought the dress for her. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by ToyinDipo(m): 8:33am On Apr 24, 2018
dominique:
Chimanda grin

A staunch feminist that has been married for over 3 years and has a child, One of two things is involved

1. The whole feminist stance is a farce, she's not practising what she's preaching when it comes to her marriage

2. Her husband is a docile lapdog

I go with 1
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Reptyle(m): 8:34am On Apr 24, 2018
lexy2014:
does that mean u should insult? Are people not entitled 2 their opinions? I am yet 2 interact with a feminist who can accommodate d views of others. Its either their way or no way

I think some confuse being a "feminist" with being somewhat intolerant and irascible.

I have met quite a few with whom you can reason and debate. But a lot of them are simply impossible.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by lexy2014: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2018
Xisnin:

Chimamanda was qualified to talk to Hillary because she was interviewing her, even
unknown journalist from not so popular media houses do question public figures including presidents.

You are free to criticise anybody so long as you have the platform to but be ready for the consequence
and lucky for Chimamanda, Hillary agreed with her.
It is not in your place to restrict their type of comment Chimamanda can make about Hillary.

Have you ever commented on the choices made by another person?
Then what is all these fuss about?
just d same way u say chimamanda is free 2 criticise, then y are u offended cos dencia criticised chimamanda? Is it only chimamanda that has d right 2 criticise? Y applying double standards because dencia criticised something u hold dear? Like u said journalists QUESTION...they don't impose their opinion. They question 4d purpose of knowing not 4d purpose of changing d person they are interviewing. Journalists dont criticise their interviewees So my dear it wasn't an interview. It was chimamanda in her characteristic manner expressing her opinion. And just d way she has d right 2 express her opinion, so does dencia. It is a universal human right not a privilege based on achievement

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by lexy2014: 8:40am On Apr 24, 2018
Reptyle:

I think some confuse being a "feminist" with being somewhat intolerant and irascible.

I have met quite a few with whom you can reason and debate. But a lot of them are simply impossible.
we are saying d same thing just like buharis "a lot of....".
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Westbestside: 8:46am On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eloHoAvArCo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LAUgq8KX4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzH0cBmHg5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQgHj8r4UU

The first three videos were before the election while the third was after the election.

The fact that she is Nigerian does not mean she is hindered by your limitations.

She is not an American by choice. But she has more say in America than most Nigerian Americans.
A very bitter truth.
She has more say in America, like talking about the affair of United State right?
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Martin0(m): 8:49am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

Does feminism mean women should not get married? I personally have never really bothered to take this feminism thing serious. I need to go and look for that bill that was submitted and read it.

My biggest issue about the girl child is that I don't want families or cultures to educate a male child then refuse to give the girl child education. Or marry her off instead of sending her to school.

I also don't think a woman should be denied a political position or management position if she is qualified for it just because of her sex.

However it may seem as though nairaland has turned feminism to a mare issue of Nkechi is dating martin0, if she says she is feminist why is she asking him for money to buy tampons (rolls eyes).

My dear lets wake up and smell the coffee alot of women are financially independent now. More and more women are even the ones that fund their households financially. It's just a few women that have that long throat mentality. Also don't forget that when women give men money for hair cut they keep it a secret. In fact another example : twoclans will buy a dress for her self and lie that it's lefulefu that bought the dress for her. lipsrsealed

so you have grown to this way,? never knew you can actually speak extensively?

Amazing point!

nobody has ever mention or say feminist don't need marriage but majority especially Nigerian women have all misunderstood this word, "feminist /feminist!

Then again I love feminist but my likes varies!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Twoclans(f): 9:00am On Apr 24, 2018
Martin0:

so you have grown to this way,? never knew you can actually speak extensively?

Amazing point!

nobody has ever mention or say feminist don't need marriage but majority especially Nigerian women have all misunderstood this word, "feminist /feminist!

Then again I love feminist but my likes varies!

LOL, you don't know me martin0 forget that I fool around and play alot online.You will be amazed at the personality behind this moniker.

I believe in strong independent women but I don't support women going over edge because of their strength.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 24, 2018
prechbills1:

a self acclaimed feminist that can't preach feminism in Saudi Arabia.. is that one a feminist?

Help me ask oh!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2018
dafeyankee:
True.

A fake feminist.

Who is a feminist?usually a frustrated single lady in their mostly 30's, 40's and 50's who after failing in life, will now discover that their calling is to bash men, while pretending they seek equality.

Equality my banga soup. Who una wan dey equal to?you want to be equal?the feminists should first pick an empty bottle of coke,and try to pee inside.

If you can pee into an empty coke bottle, you have earned the right to be called an equal.

KNOCK-OUT BLOW!!!

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Xisnin(m): 9:04am On Apr 24, 2018
lexy2014:
just d same way u say chimamanda is free 2 criticise, then y are u offended cos dencia criticised chimamanda? Is it only chimamanda that has d right 2 criticise? Y applying double standards because dencia criticised something u hold dear? Like u said journalists QUESTION...they don't impose their opinion. They question 4d purpose of knowing not 4d purpose of changing d person they are interviewing. Journalists dont criticise their interviewees So my dear it wasn't an interview. It was chimamanda in her characteristic manner expressing her opinion. And just d way she has d right 2 express her opinion, so does dencia. It is a universal human right not a privilege based on achievement
I have the right to be offended by her comment!
I am particularly irritated by people especially hypocrites who can't make a point without throwing insults.
Taking offense to dencia's comment does not stop her from making such comments, she is free to say anything.
She just have to prepare to face whatever backlash can come with such uncouth and nonsensical posts.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Xisnin(m): 9:06am On Apr 24, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I was reading through and found out that candidate Clinton's biography of 2016 is different from 2018 in relation to the words adichie questioned her for I get the clearer picture but I believe she should have let it slide politicians would say anything to win an election.In my own view in as much as Hillary might e an hypocrite for that she owes Adichie no explanation.
I agree but I think the question is apt because Hillary was being interviewed.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Martin0(m): 9:22am On Apr 24, 2018
Twoclans:

LOL, you don't know me martin0 forget that I fool around and play alot online.You will be amazed at the personality behind this moniker.

I believe in strong independent women but I don't support women going over edge because of their strength.

yeah very true ,I have always wanted a guess but my doubt kept me astray, had no choice but to believe you one controversial lady!grin But not bad, can I or we add each other off this forum? It will be a pleasure to do sogrin
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by CSTR1003: 9:36am On Apr 24, 2018
Westbestside:
She has more say in America, like talking about the affair of United State right?
The day CNN interviews you on the quality of presidential candidates and an American presidential candidate cares about your opinion enough to reply your message.

Let us know.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Notmyproblem: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2018
monex:

ok I get now. The hypocrisy is that she didnt have "wife, mother ..." on her bio during the elections in other to appeal to the feminist group. That would be hypocrisy (if true) I agree.

however, why would the feminists group have an issue with a woman prioritizing her marital roles above all other achievements? Is feminism against marriage?
r

Any feminist that has issue with her priotizing her marital roles in the real sense of her seeing her marital role as a priority is a dog in a meager. I am not against what people believe in or how they choose to live their lives as long as they cause no harm to anyone or go against the law but forcing one's idea the throat of others is no no to me.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by DopeAngel(m): 9:56am On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:
She has her circles. ?

If Beyonce who sees her as a mentor is part of her circles, then what other circles is there. ? grin

She is a millionaire. Her books especially that americanah are raving success.

Her husband is a surgeon in America, and I learnt she earns more than double his income.
beyonce sees who as a mentor? chimamanda? lol you are funny. dont quote me trying to form an intellect because i dont partake in such proud "i too know" arguement on nairaland. all i can tell you is go and read up everything about beyonce's music video she featured chimamanda and what americans said about it and how it made amanda feel. then quote me and tell me how amanda is beyonce's mentor. for a start let me help you "americans said beyonce gave chimamanda a jumpstart to her fame around the world" and amanda was obviously pained by the comments of americans on the video. dont say what you dont know man all in the name of "i am intellect" on nairaland. peace!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2018
Ramon92:
This made me remember something back then in my uni days when I was dating a girl. Initially she was cool and was normal and things were fine. Love things you know..

All of a sudden, she started acting weird with some behaviors like she wanting to control me. I like confident girls but not one that'll use it to manipulate and turn men into lapdogs and menu. She'll read my texts and won't reply till hours later, won't return my calls and when she comes around she insist I go cook for her.
She started mentioning words like trust and confidence and all those feminist shiit. I didn't grab what's happening at first and I come de wonder what's happened, so I tried to get to her to know what's up.

That's how one day I went to her hostel and I called her when I was by her door. Got in and she was reading a book which she hid as I got inside. I shaa got the book when she went out and pretended not to know anything. The book, WHY MEN MARRY BITCHES BY SHERRY ARGOV..

Cos me I be avid reader sef, I got the pdf myself and wanted to know what the book is about. Geez, that's one of the vilest books I've ever read. It's practically a step by step guide on how to emasculate a man, turn him into a sissy all in the name of feminism and a man proving his worth to a woman.. I never got halfway with the book to realise what was going on with my then relationship..

It was crazy cos I was already falling for the shit and drama. Decided to use the book as a weapon and doing the exact opposite.. I don't need to tell you the result. I really now got to see her as one very insecure girl who hangs on to anything to validate herself. Same with her friends..

And that's how it's been with most girls I've been with later. They're confused, get bitter and aggressive when they can't manipulate a man and will do anything to validate themselves and that's what these fake feminists are all about.

See this Chimamanda now, married with a kid but still getting upset at a fellow woman for no reason, someone who understands what it is to be a real woman. By the way, I checked up on that Sherry ARGOV and discovered that she lives alone, maybe that says it about her..

Guys, please don't fall for their feminist gimmicks. guys that haven't seen what a woman truly is are those that carried away by these bullshitss. A woman will always remain a woman..

Why men Marry Bitches. . My sis got me that book, haven't gotten around to reading it all these months. Now, I don't think I even want to read.
Re: Chimamanda Thinks Like A Backward Clock - Dencia by Fashblonder: 10:13am On Apr 24, 2018
Everything You typed just shows how unintelligent You are.It was just an intelligent feminist pointing out something she noticed amd the intelligent woman replying intelligently.I don't know what you people's issue is with women knowing yheir rights.
happney65:
I unfollowed her on IG on Sunday not knowing she will show the public her foolishness this week..She is telling a whole Hilary Clinton,Former first lady of Arkansas for 8 years, Former First lady of the United States,former Senator,former secretary of State,and the first female presidential candidate of a Major political Party why she choose to write her twitter Bio one way or the other and claiming she is upset.As in are you MAD?

I am happy the way Hilary replied her..She is extremely stupid and foolish..And that is what we keep on saying,To these so called bitter Nigerian feminists,their feminisin is against marriage or married people while the true essence of feminisin isn't in their dictionary..

When women are in problem we don't hear their voices ohh..Na wetin no concern them them go they put their mouth..Awon weere oloshi oloriburuku

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Otedola’s Wife, Nana & Daughter Escape A Fire incident At Their London Apartment / Don Jazzy Now 2nd Nigerian To Be Verified On Instagram / Wizkid Wins BET "Best African International Act" Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.