Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,341 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? (3858 Views)

My Husband Hired Agbero To Beat Me After 8 Months Into Marriage – Woman Laments / When Is The Right Time For A Child To Start School ? / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
I met this guy 4yrs ago bt we were just friends, he has been hitting on me but i didnt give him face until recently(last yr) and we started dating this feb, but my problem is since we started dating he has been talking about marriage and he want me to move in with him because am in Lagos and he's in Abuja and i told him am nt ready to co-habit with any guy b4 marriage so he's now looking 4 alternative like lets do introduction and i will move in with so as after 3mths he will pay my dowry b4 we start planning of Tm/wedding bt the problem is i feel as if i dont know him enough and i cant even say i love him or not and as if am nt also ready because am scared of marriage and that its as if i cant find my inner self so its seem as if am lost somewhere{i haven't discover my inner passion}, and i dnt even hv a stable work bt he does and i told him but he says there is no p that hes ok wit it, that i will be fine with time bt i know that marriage has its own phase,
Pls my fellow Nairalander's Advise Me With experience

3 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by blessingsonflee(f): 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by xendra: 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
I don't know what to tell you, but I know if I feel this way I would not marry

9 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lol why don't you women grab msges like this fast. Introduction is not marriage sis. This is exactly d reason why guys are pushed to lie or decieve girls. You see the truth, yet can't recognise it.

If you think deeply abt it, he likes you, he wants you to be intimate with him but he's going about it in the most respectful way without making a marriage promise that he might not be able to keep. He knows ur religious standard of not cohabiting with who u can't marry so he has to talk about introduction.

I'll advice that since you know he wants a sexy romantic stuff with you but no marriage, and he has d financial strength to harbour you, just flow along and chop his money too. I know u too want this thing and u have respectful grounds already...he's not just willing to pay u like a prostitute and dump you but with some level of respect. I think he's tried. Don't let him promise marriage cus u would be disappointed.

Don't even let him do d introduction yet so that ur people won't be wondering later why both of you aren't together anymore. But is good that u made him say so. At least now to him you're not a cheap slut. And if the going gets well with both of you, you can get engaged and do d intro.

6 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
the chance are slim... u suppose to know him more better during the festive periods like easter, xmass and new year when u spend d holidays with him
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
Cohabiate and perform all wifey duties without the ring that's the disadvantage for You, however on the flip side a man usually feels the need to cohabitate because he can never know a woman truky until they are together day and night thats a disadvantage for him too. So .............

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by jaychubi: 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
If he is serious let him complete all marital rites B4 u start living with him including white wedding.

D dude only wants to get u pregnant n cheapen u or even turn u to baby mama.

Until then u can only visit n insists on condom if he wants to go down

5 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Sleekbaby(f): 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2018
Dear run for your life, if he is ready for marriage he should come and pay your bride price and other things, don't cohabit with him, he will only use you. Imagine relocating from Lagos to Abuja just go and cohabit with a guy. He just need a baby mama simple.

4 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Shugarlord213: 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
You think you are growing young. Be doing fine girl up and down

This will definitely be the last man to approach you

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 10:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
There is never a "right time" to do anything. Your time starts the moment you decide to respond to the call of nature.

Nature (God) gave you a womb for a reason. He gave you boobs for a reason. Nope, emotions are not meant for running your business, emotions are for loving and caring for the right people. It is not about age, but your response to the call of nature. You probably won't see the need to get married until you start realizing that your boobs aren't meant for Instagram or Mark Zuckerberg.

You have to love the whole concept of marriage before discussing marriage with a man. Don't wait for a single like you (your boyfriend) to make you appreciate marriage. Marriage starts with you, not him. Marriage, for me, isn't all about two people loving each other, it is about two people that completely love and understand the idea of marriage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by lilmax(m): 11:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
it's been four yars you guys are friends
you did not give him face those yars
you gave him face last yar
you started dating this February

how the fuc.k do you expect to know him deeply in just how many months?

you are a very not so serious human being that doesn't know what it wants
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2018
blessingsonflee:
Hmmm
What's on your mind?
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by thorpido(m): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2018
You are obviously not ready for marriage.Don't force yourself into any introduction just yet.

I wouldn't advise you move in with him for any reason.You will lose at the end.Let him marry you properly before you move in with him.

He should make the sacrifice of coming to Lagos during public holidays or weekends.You can also visit him.

You should work on developing yourself,getting a job or doing some business.Try to be financially independent.

10 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2018
LuvSwollenPussy:
Lol why don't you women grab msges like this fast. Introduction is not marriage sis. This is exactly d reason why guys are pushed to lie or decieve girls. You see the truth, yet can't recognise it.

If you think deeply abt it, he likes you, he wants you to be intimate with him but he's going about it in the most respectful way without making a marriage promise that he might not be able to keep. He knows ur religious standard of not cohabiting with who u can't marry so he has to talk about introduction.

I'll advice that since you know he wants a sexy romantic stuff with you but no marriage, and he has d financial strength to harbour you, just flow along and chop his money too. I know u too want this thing and u have respectful grounds already...he's not just willing to pay u like a prostitute and dump you but with some level of respect. I think he's tried. Don't let him promise marriage cus u would be disappointed.

Don't even let him do d introduction yet so that ur people won't be wondering later why both of you aren't together anymore. But is good that u made him say so. At least now to him you're not a cheap slut. And if the going gets well with both of you, you can get engaged and do d intro.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:12am On Apr 25, 2018
thorpido:
You are obviously not ready for marriage.Don't force yourself into any introduction just yet.

I wouldn't advise you move in with him for any reason.You will lose at the end.Let him marry you properly before you move in with him.

He should make the sacrifice of coming to Lagos during public holidays or weekends.You can also visit him.

You should work on developing yourself,getting a job or doing some business.Try to be financially independent.
Thanks 4 ur advise cos thats exactly what i told him and that we should give ourselves more time to also allow me to find what i really want to do, bt even though he agrees that instants, next time we discuss he will bring it up again and also sound as if am wasting time.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2018
xendra:
I don't know what to tell you, but I know if I feel this way I would not marry
Lolx
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:18am On Apr 25, 2018
pcguru1:
Cohabiate and perform all wifey duties without the ring that's the disadvantage for You, however on the flip side a man usually feels the need to cohabitate because he can never know a woman truky until they are together day and night thats a disadvantage for him too. So .............
So? Words has finish...
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Prognose: 9:23am On Apr 25, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
the problem is i feel as if i dont know him enough and i cant even say i love him or not and as if am nt also ready because am scared of marriage and that its as if i cant find my inner self so its seem as if am lost somewhere{i haven't discover my inner passion}, and i dnt even hv a stable work bt he does and i told him but he says there is no p that hes ok wit it, that i will be fine with time bt i know that marriage has its own phase,
Pls my fellow Nairalander's Advise Me With experience

How old are u? I'm guessing 24 or less. Probably your first real boyfriend? Hit or miss?

You're not ready for this relationship. If you're not comfortable with this guy then let him go. Don't let him or anyone else bamboozle you into doing what you don't want to do. When you're ready for a committed relationship with the right guy you will know.

P. S just because a guy is well behaved or promising you marriage doesn't mean he is the one for you. You left him as a friend for 4 years before taking an interest in him. It's obvious you don't like him like that.

3 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2018
adetoroamos:
the chance are slim... u suppose to know him more better during the festive periods like easter, xmass and new year when u spend d holidays with him
Yeap! That's the problem because he always backed out at the last minute arrangement, it happened last dec when we have not even start dating and also this easter all with the excuse if am coming i should come with all my load and abandone the one i cant, and when i said i cant do it, he tells me thats what he want if i cant do it 4 now maybe i will change my mind if he gives me enough reasons that he's real and that was how the issue of introduction came in. Sometimes i feel as if he doesnt want the best 4 me cos i just rented a place and he is asking me to forfeit the money or ask 4 refund.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:36am On Apr 25, 2018
jaychubi:
If he is serious let him complete all marital rites B4 u start living with him including white wedding.
Dont mind him after telling him all the dreams/vision i head and he still thought thats the best thing 4 me and when i suggested going to see my pastor, he flared up and start saying he doesnt want me involving my pastor in my affairs, since then have been wary of him.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2018
And have some real boyfriend b4 so he's not
Prognose:

How old are u? I'm guessing 24 or less. Probably your first real boyfriend? Hit or miss?

You're not ready for this relationship. If you're not comfortable with this guy then let him go. When you're ready for a committed relationship with the right guy you will know.

P. S just because a guy is well behaved or promising you marriage doesn't mean he is the one for you. You left him as a friend for 4 years before taking an interest in him. It's obvious you don't like him like that.
Yeap! you are probably right cos i just took him as an elderly brother then, even now i still call him bro...
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:49am On Apr 25, 2018
Have promised him "no sex until marriage"
[quote author=LuvSwollenPussy post=66996714]Lol why don't you women grab msges like this fast. Introduction is not marriage sis. This is exactly d reason why guys are pushed to lie or decieve girls. You see the truth, yet can't recognise it.

I'll advice that since you know he wants a sexy romantic stuff with you but no marriage.[quote]
He's an igbotic man, doesnt joke with issues concerning money.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2018
Shugarlord213:
You think you are growing young. Be doing fine girl up and down

This will definitely be the last man to approach you
Haba! Why This?
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:55am On Apr 25, 2018
lilmax:

Pricelessangel0:
Have promised him "no sex until marriage"
lilmax:

I didnt say he should know me deeply, i only said i feel rushed, and can't move at the pace he's setting.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by jaychubi: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2018
Pricelessangel0:

Dont mind him after telling him all the dreams/vision i head and he still thought thats the best thing 4 me and when i suggested going to see my pastor, he flared up and start saying he doesnt want me involving my pastor in my affairs, since then have been wary of him.

DNT fall for it he needs a baby mama n once dt happens he will never complete marital rites.

D easiest way to marry a woman at almost free is to get her pregnant and convince her to deliver d child.

A good man who is serious to marry you will complete all marital rites plus white wedding B4 asking you to move in, at 24 u r still young DNT cheapen urself
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by thorpido(m): 11:09am On Apr 25, 2018
Pricelessangel0:

Thanks 4 ur advise cos thats exactly what i told him and that we should give ourselves more time to also allow me to find what i really want to do, bt even though he agrees that instants, next time we discuss he will bring it up again and also sound as if am wasting time.
From all your replies on your thread,it is obvious the relationship is not moving a pace you want.
Don't let anyone force you into marriage.

You say it is a 'no sex before marriage' relationship?Then stick with that if that is what you want.
It doesn't have to be him you marry.Meanwhile,tell him to make more sacrifices by visiting Lagos so you two can get to see more.
You just paid for rent?Then try to get a job or business and work on improving yourself.Marriage will come at the right time.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
Pricelessangel0:

So? Words has finish...

It means so........ someone has to give; you or him ? who wants to be selfless and sacrifice. However if you do and you guys don't marry that's a waste of time, and energy invested.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by aytuns(m): 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
Prognose:

You're not ready for this relationship. If you're not comfortable with this guy then let him go. Don't let him or anyone else bamboozle you into doing what you don't want to do. When you're ready for a committed relationship with the right guy you will know.

End Of Discussion.
After 4 years? Obviously you never liked him "that way", so there's no need being in a relationship with him in the first place, talk less of cohabiting with him. Double WAHALA
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Pricelessangel0(f): 5:22pm On May 03, 2018
Modified; He called xternight and tells me that if i know am still interested in him i should move down to Abuja and lets implement he has in mind, when i told him i can't, he told me i should look for another man to marry and end the call, and has not call since.
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by Heebah: 6:22pm On May 03, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
Modified; He called xternight and tells me that if i know am still interested in him i should move down to Abuja and lets implement he has in mind, when i told him i can't, he told me i should look for another man to marry and end the call, and has not call since.
Rypical abuja boys!! All they know how to do is chop n clean mouth. My sister.....u better run for ur dear life,he is not worth it. Yeye dey smell undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by vicben27(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2018
Pricelessangel0:
the dude is not even serious.is going to treat you like trash! from what you just wrote l don't think he loves and value you no man will talk to the woman he intends to truely marry that way he just wants to get you pregnant and continue with his ways
Re: Is This The Right Time To Go Into Marriage? by iupac120: 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2018
Pricelessangel0:

Pricelessangel0:

Pricelessangel0:

Be careful with the dude. I don't think you have any business with the guy even if he promised marriage to you. Do not be equally yoked with unbelievers. Your boyfriend is not ready for marriage but he's ready for s*x!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Apologise? / Virgin Husbands! / Happy Birthday Toykathy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.