Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? (6678 Views)

Do You Remember Playing With This In Your Childhood, What's The English Name? / For The Guys Looking For Big Dicks I Bought This Fruit On Alibaba.com And Behold / Let's See What Your English Name Means On Urban Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 10:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
And What Is Called In Your Local language?

It called UVUNE in my Igbo dialect, owerri precisely. I missed it so much.

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by BiggerbossAmani(m): 10:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
Is this one fruit

4 Likes

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 10:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
Is this one fruit
then what is it?
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by BiggerbossAmani(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
then what is it?
I don't know

I ask a simple question

"Is this one fruit "

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by ikbnice(m): 11:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
First time seeing this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by crazymommy(f): 12:00am On Apr 25, 2018
BiggerbossAmani:
Is this one fruit
No na flute

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by BiggerbossAmani(m): 12:03am On Apr 25, 2018
crazymommy:
No na flute
teach me how to make more money crazymommy
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Dpussyhunter: 12:05am On Apr 25, 2018
hmmmm.................the things igbo people eat (no pun intended)

what the fùck is this really? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by BiggerbossAmani(m): 12:06am On Apr 25, 2018
Dpussyhunter:
hmmmm.................the things igbo people eat (no pun intended)

what the fùck is this really? undecided
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by SremmLife: 12:33am On Apr 25, 2018
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Greenpage: 12:33am On Apr 25, 2018
it is UVENE in central Igbo.
I think is an unfamiliar specie of the cherry fruit family. I call it cherry for the sake of an English name for it though ...but this was back in the day. I don't want to Google Search to get the actual name.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Temibabie(f): 12:41am On Apr 25, 2018
Seeing this for the first time

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Gofwane(m): 1:12am On Apr 25, 2018
Temibabie:
Seeing this for the first time
same here. The thing looks poisonous to me.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 25, 2018
Abeg no chop poison o
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:07am On Apr 25, 2018
I don’t know this fruit I think it’s only present in the East
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Outlaw07(m): 5:08am On Apr 25, 2018
my younger ones call it ishushu in delta we do lick it when we were much younger
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by phemmyfour: 5:50am On Apr 25, 2018
You called these junks a fruit
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Monaco2(m): 5:54am On Apr 25, 2018
The one in the pic is not yet ripe, wen it's ripe it has a different color n it makes the tongue turn blue wen u lick it.... We call it otiti here in delta but I don't know it's English name

2 Likes

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by rex444(m): 6:34am On Apr 25, 2018
Some specie of berries
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by esthy86(f): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2018
op is making some research and observation ,b4 eating it

lol,I don't even no
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2018
It is Englishly called chukudia sacadia
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by I8id(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2018
Outlaw07:
my younger ones call it ishushu in delta we do lick it when we were much younger
nkwani guy spotted
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by OneCorner: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
I'm d only one dat know d English name but i won't say it tongue
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 25, 2018
Grapevine
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Momcherry(f): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2018
Monaco2:
The one in the pic is not yet ripe, wen it's ripe it has a different color n it makes the tongue turn blue wen u lick it.... We call it otiti here in delta but I don't know it's English name

Its actually ripe. It has red and white species. Tastes something like grape. It s a wild fruit.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by anienge001: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
And What Is Called In Your Local language?

It called UVUNE in my Igbo dialect, owerri precisely. I missed it so much.

@OP, if you wanted your question answered you should have posted this in Agric section. All the comments here are ridiculous to say the least. The botanical name is Maesobotrya barteri and it has lots of medicinal and industrial potentials.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by chyzoo4u(m): 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
So, even as an Igbo man, today is my first day of hearing about this fruit. I searched it on Google that's how I got here.

I know it's an old thread, but does anyone know the English name of this fruit?
Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Darkseid(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
The ubune [that's how it's called in my town] is usually purple or so. I can't remember the last time I tasted them cry cry but I think it's a berry.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The English Name Of This Fruit? by Uchelynwhite(f): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
The English name is bush cherry (Maesobotrya Bateri).
You can lick the fruit, process it into juice or even wine.
If you want to know more just let me know..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Think My Girlfriend Is Manipulating Me. / Vagina Odour: Is It Just Me Or Do Other Guys Perceive It? / Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.