Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Okowa Orders Demolition Of Illegal Structures Within Asaba Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Orders Demolition Of Illegal Structures Within Asaba Airport (470 Views)

Gov Ugwuanyi Orders Demolition Of Caves Serving As Hideouts In Agwu Forests / Rituals: Okowa Orders Crackdown On Yahoo Boys In Delta / Fayose Orders Demolition Of Mr Biggs Building Used As Criminal Hideout (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okowa Orders Demolition Of Illegal Structures Within Asaba Airport by ubikings: 10:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Okowa Orders Demolition of Illegal Structures Within Asaba Airport

DELTA State Governor, Senator Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has said that private houses built within the perimeter of the Asaba International Airport will be demolished.

Governor Okowa made the disclosure today (24/04/18) during an unscheduled inspection visit to ascertain the level of construction going on at the airport.

According to the Governor, “we need to determine the perimeter of the airport to know where our land ends, we need to look at the buildings close to the airport if they have relevant approvals and if they have no relevant approvals, the buildings will go down.”

“I have asked the Commissioner for Lands and Survey to take inventories for us to take necessary actions,” the Governor said, adding, “if the owners of the buildings have relevant documents, they will be compensated because, what is foremost on our mind is safety.”

The Governor who lauded the level of work done at the airport, emphasised that the contractor was working hard to beat the 5 weeks deadline for the reopening of the airport for commercial activities.

“The contractor is right on course and they will deliver before the deadline, we are concentrating on the runway which must be of international standards, and we are confident that we will get one of the best in the country, I am happy with the pace of work” the Governor said.

Governor Okowa who was accompanied by some members of the state executive council trekked more than two kilometres of the three point four kilometre runway asking questions.

Project Manager of Setraco Nigeria Limited, Mr Jihad Yaghi thanked Governor Okowa for encouraging them to speed up the delivery of the project, noting that all hands are on deck to complete the job before the set deadline.

Special Project Director, Asaba Airport Project, Hon. Austin Ayemidejor who was among those that took the Governor and his team round the project site, assured the Governor that the contractor handling the project was working round the clock to deliver the project before the deadline and to specifications.

Re: Okowa Orders Demolition Of Illegal Structures Within Asaba Airport by Shegzy8(m): 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
happy to hear another name on the news apart from bubu and melaye....i dedicatethis ftc to dine, rip in advance and keep acting well
Re: Okowa Orders Demolition Of Illegal Structures Within Asaba Airport by Kingpee2(m): 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
Illegal structures or whatever you call it,most people bought lands before that place became an airport,you sha want to oppress the poor because they don’t have stolen money like you to build flamboyant structures like yours,your days are numbered..
Re: Okowa Orders Demolition Of Illegal Structures Within Asaba Airport by jerryunit48: 12:22am On Apr 25, 2018
I have a building near the Airport but Not very close maybe 5 minutes drive I know my side is not affected
Re: Okowa Orders Demolition Of Illegal Structures Within Asaba Airport by Marcelo290(m): 1:37am On Apr 25, 2018
Kingpee2:
Illegal structures or whatever you call it,most people bought lands before that place became an airport,you sha want to oppress the poor because they don’t have stolen money like you to build flamboyant structures like yours,your days are numbered..
Read you will not read, it's to jump in and comment baselessly to sound smart.

You didn't see where he said those with proper documents after the surveyors report would be compensated? Now let me educate you. It's not good to have residential houses close to the airport, reason it is usually sited far from the city centre to avoid cases of death when a plane mistakenly falls on the houses. So it's a proactive measure he is taking which is the right thing to do, learn to criticize intelligently.

I tire for NL sef.

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Sen. Declarations In May 1, 2012 / Why Is The Northern Elite Always Blamed For Every Problem In The North? / How Governor Ikpeazu Attracted The Ariaria Market Energy Solution...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.