Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,386 members, 7,954,562 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style (32838 Views)

Enugu’s Masterplan: Between Political Correctness And Municipal Expediency / Reviewing The Buhari Style By Chiedu Uche Okoye / I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style by mankan2k7(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
So Ekiti is not in their plan because of fayose? God punish all d APC members in Ekiti state
Re: Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style by NASTYNASOSO: 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
cluewebhost:
Buhari style?

This photo is from far back 2014

https://www.thecable.ng/kpmg-nigerias-high-speed-rail-world-class

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

YOU HAVE FAILED TO SEE THE REFORMS
Re: Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style by laudate: 3:27pm On May 18, 2018
CC: lalasticlala, front page please! undecided
Re: Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style by gurnam: 3:30pm On May 18, 2018
Mynd44:
I have seen the one leading to Abeokuta from Lagos. The station will most likely be the old Abeokuta trade fair complex at Laderin. The route has been cleared up to that point

It's is not most likely, it is going to be the station in Abeokuta. The trade fair will be relocated towards Asero.
Re: Nigerian Rail Masterplan In One Pic Buhari Style by laudate: 3:37pm On May 18, 2018
If the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) is not overhauled, it will mess up the federal govt's efforts to deliver affordable and efficient rail services to Nigerians. About 2-3 years ago, NRC wanted to lure the elites in Lagos to use Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) trains. Hahahaha! Let me laugh again in Greek, like I did at that time! grin

Lagos state has a population of more than 10 million, according to the state government. Yet, NRC is providing DMU trains that cannot even carry up to 0.1% of the elite, in Lagos. shocked

As stated before on another thread, the lack of info from NRC offices and terminals is appalling.

What is the train schedule for these DMUs? They run once in the morning (at 7:30am from Iddo terminus to Ijoko) and once in the evening at 5:30pm, along the same route, if you are lucky. On some days, they don't even run at all.

So what happens, to the rest of the hours in-between? Nothing. The DMUs are nowhere to be found outside these stipulated hours.

Is there a train schedule that can easily be accessed on the 'go', wherever the elites are located? No. undecided

Is there a customer care phone line on which quick information on DMU train schedules can be obtained, if the elites are far away from the train terminals? No. sad

What is the cost of a return ticket? Unknown. lipsrsealed

Can the elite pay the train fare using their debit cards online or by POS terminals? No.

Are there brochures or leaflets at various key points within the city (especially in the central business districts of Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Ikeja, Apapa, Marina, Amuwo-Odofin, Lekki, Yaba etc), where the elite can get information on the DMU locations and points of departure? No. Whosai? angry

So is NRC serious about attracting the elite in Lagos to use the trains? I don't think so.... they have displayed their usual clueless, bureaucratic, illogical attitude when it comes to service and efficiency.

Yet, they are making noise about attracting the 'elite' in Lagos state. Hehehe.... let me continue laughing... in Greek! shocked

Sincere9gerian:
I understand the NRC is working on all those challenges. But you can investigate and tell us later

We have investigated. Our verdict is that NRC is not serious. It still persists in running our rail services, in the same manner that yam sellers run their stalls at Ogbete market!! sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Things Nigerians May Experience In 2016 Under Buhari’s Govt, By Fayose / Bayo Omoboriowo Renovates School Building, Donates School Bags In Ekiti (Photos) / Reno Omokri: Bola Tinubu Attended And Graduated From Chicago State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.