Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! (2608 Views)

Edo Ex-Militants Choose Buhari, Condemn Jonathan - The Punch / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by donnymikky(m): 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2007
This is another[b] BULLSHIT[/b] from the so-called ASHIWAJU AWON AGBERO OF LAGOS STATE. He openly condem the resent overseas without putting int consideration his Party's Presidential candidate who was flown abroad just to treat his knee. read more from the link below!

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/mar/14/307.html
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Afam(m): 2:34pm On Mar 15, 2007
Don't mind Asiwaju, even though I believe he did well in Lagos, he is a typical Nigerian, always seeing the faults of other people without acknowledging his/her own.

Comparing the two trips Atiku's case is a national embarassment.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by McKren(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2007
the beauty of it all is that this issue is turning an issue of national debate, and in the next dispensation politicains will not be having flamboyant medical check ups abroad. it will not be something to celebrate anymore and I think its a step in the right direction. Maybe for this reason Atiku might sneak into the country after his own treatment, but Tinubu must remember that he is part of the failure, he as Governor of Lagos could have taken the lead to make a difference in his state but he has not.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Mamajama(m): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2007
Afam:

Don't mind Asiwaju, even though I believe he did well in Lagos,

ARE you for real? I was in Lagos in DECEMBER and the place is a SLUMP. this guy hasn't done anything outstanding, he should be worrying on how to keep Lagos clean and not trying to support ATIKU. Lagos is over crowded. this governor should Visit Abuja nd Cross River to see what a Good state and development look like.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Afam(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2007
Can you please name the place you visited in Lagos because waste disposal agencies basically work round the clock all over Lagos state (to the best of my knowledge) so it will be difficult for me to agree even remotely with your damning statement about Lagos state.

Comparing Lagos State with Cross Rivers or Abuja does not make sense based on the population as Abuja according to the last census is even less than 2 million people.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by ugodaniel(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2007
no comment
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by LoverBwoy(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2007
Afam have you been to ajegunle? grin

Tinubu failed lagos state!
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Afam(m): 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2007
LoverBwoy:

Afam have you been to ajegunle? grin

Tinubu failed lagos state!

AJ City? I agree it may not be like VI but even in the US today we know that there are areas that do not enjoy electricity, infact they are not even connected to the grid to begin with.

He could have done better that what he did not I won't rank him as a governor that failed when we have people like Igbinedion, Kalu etc.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Mamajama(m): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2007
Afam how much is TINUBU paying you? even IKOYI and VI look disgusting and we not going to talk of OSHODI. SHOGUNLE or ABULE EGBA. I was in all this area driving and all I saw was disgusting streets. I even saw a dead body on the side of street in MUshin, what are you talking about clean? if Lagos is clean to you my friend, you haven't been any where but Lagos
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by lewa(m): 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2007
Tinubu is an error~left to me his performance as governor is a big F!Does he not go abroad for check ups too?What has he done concerning health care in his state?Why did Atiku not go to Lasuth or any of the GHs if they were up to standard?Politics of dishonest cleverness
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by LoverBwoy(m): 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2007
Comparing Lagos State with Cross Rivers or Abuja does not make sense based on the population as Abuja according to the last census is even less than 2 million people.

He could have done better that what he did not I won't rank him as a governor that failed when we have people like Igbinedion, Kalu etc.
comparing Tinubu with Igbinedion or kalu i think I'm safe to say doesn't make sense, he could have done A WHOLE LOT MORE! considering what Lagos state is to Nigeria AND West Africa

Security in Lagos state is probably the same or even worse since 1999
Environmental conditions in the state only improved in specific areas esp those that are populated by politicians,wealthy individuals, Big companies and so on.
Water.  .   . ?
Health.  .  . ?

one of the reason most people say nigeria hasnt changed is probably because of lagos state! imo
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by donnymikky(m): 5:38am On Mar 16, 2007
Afam how much is TINUBU paying you? even IKOYI and VI look disgusting and we not going to talk of OSHODI. SHOGUNLE or ABULE EGBA. I was in all this area driving and all I saw was disgusting streets. I even saw a dead body on the side of street in MUshin, what are you talking about clean? if Lagos is clean to you my friend, you haven't been any where but Lagos

yes o! my brother every corner in Lagos is an eye sore. Mile 12, mile 2, Ojota, Abule Egba, Ijaiye, meiran, Isale Eko, Isolo, Mushin Balogun,even Awolowo Rd right there in Ikeja closer to the Governor's Office. Anybody that says Lagos is a clean State it's obvious such one has not travelled out of Lagos.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Afam(m): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

There is nothing to prove that what you are saying about Ikoyi and VI looking disgusting is true so would take that with a pinch of salt. I may not have been anywhere but Lagos but with your analysis I would rather remain in Lagos than venture out of Lagos.

@Tinubu and Lagos,

I live and work in Lagos and I disagree completely with statements that term Lagos state a dirty state. The same way I cannot come here to waste energy to prove that OBJ is not a woman if any of you claim so is the same way I will ignore statements that are fundamentally wrong and incorrect.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by diyobdw(f): 11:11am On Mar 16, 2007
Except for that Tinubu failed at

Increasing tout in lagos!
Not have much of "stand out" projects to significantly pointed at. tongue

But i score him 60% in general -considering lagos's- population, fund(*aganist FG) and people's expectation

and compare to his counterpart in SW he should is 1-2 on the list of those we had done well.

I don't blame him for increase of crime though i blame does retrenching without providing for the affected staff

All the people say'g[b] Lagos is dirty blame lagosian angry [/b]- i still see street cleaner daily. may b if we stop throwing out things from our cars or houses to the streets they could be look neater.

Govt. govt. govt. ?! angry
"If we all sweep the front of our houses the whole world will be clean" wink

@ AFam wink
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Afam(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2007
Thanks diyobdw,

Sometimes I wonder why people give blanket condemnation of people without any fair and objective analysis.

Lagos is certainly not a dirty state by any standards whatsoever.

I also agree that 60% is very ok for Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Bankole01(m): 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2007
Considering what Tinubu has to work with and against, he has done an okay job for Lagos. Remember that the Federal government did not release the States funds, trying to starve him out of office, because he did not allow PDP to rig the 2003 elections in their favour as they did in the rest of SW. VI, IKoyi,Lekki,Aja, Ikeja even Shomolu were relatively habitable when I visited last July 2006. Tinubu needs to jettison Atiku, as I believe he is a lost cause. Tinubu did way better than all SW PDP governors put together. What I find most objectionable in Lagos is the traffick and pollution. this is why I prefer to go to my village in Ijebu.
Afam is a Lagos resident and knows the State.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Mar 16, 2007
Tinubu has done much better than Yar'Adua in their respective state what did Yar'Adua a lecturer do to improve education in Katsina. I have been to Katsina as a corper Tinubu did better than all the SW govs put together despite the LG fund that where withheld.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by donnymikky(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2007
What about millions of dollars loan Tinubu administration got from IMF?
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by dayokanu(m): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2007
He took loan from IMF meaning that? Is it wrong to take loan and pls where was Koro yesterday during Lagos state Gubernatorial debate
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by donnymikky(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2007
@dayokanu
he took some loan so you should stop saying there was no money for hom to work with when F.G witheld Lagos State's L.G's fund
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by dayokanu(m): 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2007
It is the general consensus that Tinubu could have done better but he has 60% from ppl though I give him 70% think of waste management, and Lastma what particularly can Yar'Adua point to in his state that he has done you need to see the hordes of Almajiri's in Katsina and abject poverty that welcomes you to Katsina
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Mamajama(m): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2007
I see allot of TINUBU BOYS here, the best governor Lagos has ever had was Jakande, TInubu is and was a failure, he hasn't done anything outstanding, look at the health system, school and transportation. Increase crime rate and lawlessness. dirty street and as the chief executive officer of the state all this responsibility are on his shoulder so what are you guys crediting this guy for?
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2007
Transportation, Dirty street, and you dont see the effect of Tinubu. Lastma, BRT, LAWMA, Are you in Lagos at all?? Cause we all see the highway manager on the road everyday
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Mamajama(m): 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2007
DUDE I was just in LAGOS in January and I will be in Lagos again next month. My family reside in Lagos and I know what Lagos look like in the 90's compare to what we have today
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Afam(m): 5:58pm On Mar 17, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

I see allot of TINUBU BOYS here, the best governor Lagos has ever had was Jakande, TInubu is and was a failure, he hasn't done anything outstanding, look at the health system, school and transportation. Increase crime rate and lawlessness. dirty street and as the chief executive officer of the state all this responsibility are on his shoulder so what are you guys crediting this guy for?

The typical disgusting response by an average Nigerian when he/she is incapable of making sense.

So, because people are stating the fact and you disagree with them they are Tinubu boys, it is a shame and it shows that you are not different from the same people you criticize on this forum.

I am an Igbo man working and living in Lagos so I do not know how being a Tinubu boy came into the discussion other than you could not make a meaningful contribution to support your erronous claim.

I really pity you and people that think like you.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by LoverBwoy(m): 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2007
dayokanu:

It is the general consensus that Tinubu could have done better but he has 60% from people though I give him 70% think of waste management, and Lastma what particularly can Yar'Adua point to in his state that he has done you need to see the hordes of Almajiri's in Katsina and abject poverty that welcomes you to Katsina

If you cant compare Lagos to Abuja/Ogun state/Calabar then you shouldn't compare it to Katsina. The fact that you are even comparing it to a lower state says a lot.
Business has always thrived in Lagos before Tinubu he didn't add anything apart from agberu and loads of traffic agencies who even end up fighting each other over who controls what.

I give the guy 40% for just being there and raising funds internally-probably wouldnt have done that if FG didnt seize the funds.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by Mamajama(m): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2007
Please leave that noise maker alone, TINUBU my ass, look for a governor with credibility and action, tinubu is a failure, why is the transportation and all the housing so dilapidated? how many years did Jakanded spend in office and his impact was enormous. boy you better check your facts before you start talking About issues, have you been to TAQUA BAY OF the 90's compare to what we have now? have you been to IKOYI of the 90's compare to what we have now? i am not here to trade word with you but I can appreciate a good governor when I see one. go to ABUJA and CROSS RIVER and see what action and progress is like.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by donnymikky(m): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2007
Tinubu is a failure in Lagos. He is just playing politics with everything at his disposal. This a man that condemned OBJ and Atiku as leaders without focus but now that Atiku has joined his party he(tinubu) is singing Atiku's praises. Anybody who still believes Tinubu is a leader has no iota of leadership idea in him.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by angel101(f): 12:23pm On May 09, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Please leave that noise maker alone, TINUBU my ass, look for a governor with credibility and action, tinubu is a failure, why is the transportation and all the housing so dilapidated? how many years did Jakanded spend in office and his impact was enormous. boy you better check your facts before you start talking About issues, have you been to TAQUA BAY OF the 90's compare to what we have now? have you been to IKOYI of the 90's compare to what we have now? i am not here to trade word with you but I can appreciate a good governor when I see one. go to ABUJA and CROSS RIVER and see what action and progress is like.

not beign funny, but u obviously do not know lagos or u may have a short memory. let me try and help u out here. ikoyi of the '90's - awolowo road was practically un passable; traffic ridden and narrow. the road was expanded, paved and lit up within 1 year of Tinubu's government. same for Akin Adesola, Adeola Odeku, Oregun road, Ojuelegb road etc.

traffic management - no longer do u see people driving against one way system or running red lights.

lagos is very dirty i agree but everyday, u see the city being cleaned. can Tinubu physically stop people from littering the place? do u see people in america throwing things out of their car windows? if they did, the result will be clear to see.

Health care - as bad as it may seem now, u dont want to know what it was like before Tinubu came into office. he introduced ambulances a thing that most people of my generation never knew could exist in nigeria and even now only exist in lagos.

we as a people owe it to our own selves to play a part in nation building. trust me my dear there's no way u can compare Tinubu's government to that of the '90s and talking about Jakande, he performed all those miracles in the '70s not the '90s.

Tinubu might not be the best, but he is not even close to being a failure.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by viee(f): 12:42pm On May 09, 2007
i wish someone can explain the criteria for measuring a successful governor.
as far as i am concerned, Tinubu did not achieve anything in Lagos state judging from the resources within his reach
what has changed?
transportation?
road network and maintenance?
incessent cases of collapsed building?
health care?
education?
civil service?
job creation?
clean water?
holiganism?

or what?

i judge people with facts and figure
not with emotion.
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by angel101(f): 2:06pm On May 09, 2007
viee:

i wish someone can explain the criteria for measuring a successful governor.
as far as i am concerned, Tinubu did not achieve anything in Lagos state judging from the resources within his reach
what has changed?
transportation?
road network and maintenance?
incessent cases of collapsed building?
health care?
education?
civil service?
job creation?
clean water?
holiganism?

or what?

i judge people with facts and figure
not with emotion.

would u say Tinubu is responsible for collapsed buildings?
Re: Tinubu Condemn's Yar'adua! by DisGuy: 3:07pm On May 09, 2007
Health care - as bad as it may seem now, u don't want to know what it was like before Tinubu came into office. he introduced ambulances a thing that most people of my generation never knew could exist in nigeria and even now only exist in lagos.

have you been to other states at all?

Crime in lagos have sky rocketed!
The only thing saving lagos is the private sector that have been there right from day one!
I hope someone is monitoring the loans the state govt is signing up for

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Ac Blasts Yar'adua On Lagos Councils / IBB - Nailed At Last! / Ghana-american Ex-mayor Of Detroit Indicted On Fraud, Tax Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.